Jow Forums movies

What are some nice movie with good aesthetics fir for Jow Forums?
Bladerunner 2049 is easily the winner, but what are some other movies? Doesn't have to be cyberpunk, obviously.
Fightclub also has very nice aesthetics I think.

Attached: 1538725375255.jpg (600x631, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

burningbuilding.com/roomenough.htm
youtu.be/w1FPBO2BCik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

try out Drive, The handmaiden is awesome at aesthetics, A space odyssey 2001

Taxi driver might work for ya, also bump drive

THE DOUBLE.
Not a particularly known one, but it's a also a very interesting and aesthetically pleasing film. The main character is an obsessive, awkward-as-fuck stereotypical r9k guy. One of my favourite movies.

>Drive
inb4 some cool kiddo posts the ebin greentext

I love all of those, I think Drive is amazing as well. Certain Bruce Lee movies make me feel comfy for some reason, maybe sentimental reasons.

Drive, Nightcrawler, Demolition, Swiss Army Man.

Long time ago someone suggested "The GoodTimeKid", but I haven't been able to find a torrent of it.

Not that I would torrent it of course

bumb
more the movies better the thread

Stalker is the ultimate choice

the dark knight gets memed a lot, but it's a genuinely great aesthetic movie
bruce wayne is a robot tbqh

Watch The Pianist if you want to really fuel your depression.
This too.

End of Evangelion, watch repeatedly on high doses of DXM while going through your own interpersonal shit and have a fucking psychotic break for best results

taxi drive aesthetics are the best

Falling down is pretty good. When I first saw it when I was 11. Afterwards I knew the world wasn't meant for me.

Attached: 51SiToINVyL._RI_.jpg (350x500, 38K)

Have fun with your serotonin syndrome and brain damge

does any1 know the film with the guy who lives in same block as this hot french girl guy is a robot autist with a speech problem...

end of evangelion is not good as a stand-alone movie. i watched it because some jewtube faggot said it was his favorite anime movie, and i was just confused half the time. i did rewatch it after i actually watched evangelion and i liked it, but it does not work on its own.

>A space odyssey 2001

I mean I agree with you that it has some of the best aesthetics around, but it doesn't match what OP was asking about Jow Forums aesthetics.

>10 minute long cut of a man slowly walking down a tunnel
>no music
>no dialogue
>it's fucking beautiful

>Drive
Maybe I'm just an uncultured sperg but why does this board, in particular, tend to gravitate towards Synth-y aesthetics? They're not bad by any means, Synth is the shit

It all connects back to cyberpunk aesthetics I think. And for most people cyberpunk is the ultimate genre for escapism.

The Shape of Water

Yeah, I could definitely see it being a genre revolving around a personal escapism, more-so than popular Pop songs or whatever have you. That and the fact there are so many different sounds to it, there's always some variant/artist that's justright

At least for me Logan is my pick. Not so much of the 'superhero' aspect more of the broken down, old, depressed Logan throughout the whole movie; Getting worse and worse but doesn't care and knows he'll eventually die soon

>inb4 capeshit

Just watched the trailer, downloading it now
Seems like it could be good, thanks user

Glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy it, user.

Well, I can't resist an opportunity to post a screencap.

Attached: I Drive.jpg (852x582, 74K)

Nice picks. I recommend Good Time as well if you're a fan of A24 films.

Midnight in Paris, manhattan etc. Woody allen films have really comfy scenes

Anyone know of the movie with the scene of an asian guy and asian woman riding the motorbike together at night

this

taxi driver is Jow Forumscore

Akira has very similar aesthetics to this

Leon the professional and The Departed.

It honestly seems to be a movie version of this
burningbuilding.com/roomenough.htm

Chronicle, Dark City, The Man Who Sleeps, Archie's Final Project, The Dirties, Donnie Darko

What about good old "The Seventh Seal"?

Attached: 1535336515588.jpg (500x380, 27K)

Almost forgot! Wings of Desire

Thats pretty vague but Taipei Story is the first thing I thought of
youtu.be/w1FPBO2BCik
This video plays the scene I had in mind at around 1 min in for reference

Post more robos
American Animals
28 Days Later..
.The Belko Experiment
The Hateful Eight
Nightcrawler
Idiocracy
Cube
It's Such a Beautiful Day
Lesson of the Evil
A Boy and His Dog
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Just the ones I'd rec to robots, they're all popular though.

The Man Who Sleeps

originally original

Klass
>Estonian boy tries to defend bullied guy, and gets bullied himself. Ends with post-soviet style Columbine.
>Maniac (2012)
Mannequin shop owner with troubled childhood which caused him to go nuts, meets one pretty girl who's interested in him... Must watch for Drive fans.

Attached: 0a885094bf0e0003a11ea2bb4d8e528db3f6bb667a09f909c801a26e0f723899.jpg (659x806, 103K)

Lmao I don't know what you're talking about but this reminds of a 10~ year short movie I saw on facebook. I probably couldn't find it though now. It went like something like (everyone is chinese in this video btw)
>kid is being bullied
>other kids are literally kicking him while hes on the ground
>they leave and the kid is still on the ground
>a girl looks at him and stares at him
>kid doesn't like the girl staring at him, throws a rock at her
>then the girls mother comes and chases the kid away I think?
>whatever, I don't recall what happens later but it ends on the girl losing consciousness and the kid shouting for help (no one gives a fuck)
>final shot shows that this was in the mind of the adult kid who's thinking about his past while smoking.

odd stuff.

Turned out the roommate old man was gay

Speaking of Akira:
I watched Neo Tokro for the first time recently.
While the aesthetics were certainly really good, I'm lost in regards to the plot.
Some stupid robot body reanimates, claiming consciousness. Some american men who aren't actually really the people they're claiming to be try to capture said body. Main character- who used to be a normal human but is largely just electronics now, merges with the conscious being
If this is all there is to it, I'm afraid it's not the most compelling story for me.
And I know it's supposed to make you think about consciousness & what makes us human & that stupid philosophy ship and so on, but given all other thought provoking entertainment we have, it still falls behind think.

Fuck, I meant Ghost in the Shell. I haven't watched Neo Tokyo.

get off this site and go karma whore on reddit you fag

imagine saying "go karma whore on reddit" on 4/r9k/ of all places

I've heard Science of Sleep is pretty good, but I haven't watched it (pic related).
Amelie is also nice, but I'm not so big on its romance aspect.

Attached: a898cda16fc83a69774407ce90d8be7b.jpg (400x263, 19K)