Is Pepe official dead? He's made a cameo on Family Guy last night

Is Pepe official dead? He's made a cameo on Family Guy last night.

Attached: 1528017630354.png (1280x704, 762K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rKYOf7DvYVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=rKYOf7DvYVk
>"Pepe the alt right frog"
WOW SUCH EPIC MEME LMAO THE GREEN FROG KEK

just regular people realising that a frog cant be anti semetic

More alive than ever

6 years ago people would be going apeshit over that.
now? no one gives a fuck.

anytime you see new memes you start the countdown until they appear on tv/youtube/reddit/facebook.

Don't pretend pepe hasn't been a zombie meme for years.

Alive in its image, dead in its spirit.

its spirit will never die

This is true.

As is this. I think people realise on some level that it doesn't even matter anymore, in what way could this affect Jow Forums and make it worse than it already is?

I hate twitch with tons Pepe smile

He's been around for 10 years and Jow Forums is pretty much in the mainstream now. This is just a right wing humor site these days. Our new memes are clearly marketing campaigns and propaganda. Especially the Boomer meme.

Pepe's Jew-hating ideologies and balloon are having a little trouble getting off of the ground.

Attached: 68067_18404b11fb3cfb4176866b0c6075896f_mdsq.jpg (290x290, 19K)

What do you think is the agenda behind the npc meme?

If republicans feel like they might lose, their turnout increases due to anxiety. NPC meme was about the "us against the world thing". Notice it's fallen off since the midterms. That's because it was only here for one reason.

Ironically even if they did, they'd just be hot air.

REEEEEEEEE DON'T TALK ABOUT MY FROOOG

Anything that appears on family guy is marked for death.

Your frog is dead, boy. Dead!

Attached: 170508-pepe-frog.jpg (1080x941, 230K)

Hah, fuck. Why is family guy so late to things?

Family guy does something that happened in the news recently, some lame pop culture reference, or some meme that is so dead that the biggest of normalfags are into it now.

>6 years ago people would be going apeshit over that.

I remember being on /v/ back around 2012, and everyone on /v/ was going nuts back then because of Reddit using old /v/ memes.

Don't listen to him, he's a partisan brainlet. The truth is it was a psyop taking advantage of the fact people on Jow Forums are alienated and ostracized, or at least perceive themselves to be. With the line of thinking already there, it was very easy to sell the idea that the normie is the npc. They were really the same thing in a different iteration. That's not to say that npc/normie doesn't exist in a sense. Anyone who has forgone their own individuation and simply taken social values as their own is the textbook example. The problem is that the decentralization of information that the internet is causing, especially Jow Forums even if it is getting mainstream, is terrifying to the status quo and the social engineers who carefully crafted it. The zeitgeist is being taken by the collective again, rather than being funneled a certain way by the powers that b to the plebs. Reality has more plasticity to it than we give it credit for, our consciousness and perceptions shape all of this to an extent. We have been raised to think certain ways, believe in certain limits. All intentional to keep the bastard we call society running. The point of the npc meme was to alienate the "awoken", make them feel they shouldn't waste their time with normies/npc, because the upper echelons KNOW our influence on the zeitgeist is spreading to them. If influence becomes strong enough, even the most braindead normans will fall in line with what becomes the new socially acceptable. A world of authenticity is a very scary one to those who want to keep people buying tickets for the ride.

fuck off matt, he's our frog now

Attached: 1475969364663.png (785x757, 393K)

>mfw seth macfarlane was a bro and saw how much pepe was hurting
>he couldn't take it anymore
>decides to do what should have been done long along
>deals the killing blow by putting him on family guy
>pepe's death announced to millions of viewers
>pepe is no more, he has finally been laid to rest and buried deep beneath the earth
phew. thank you based seth. now we can stop using pepe for good. of course redditors won't stop using him but they can be forgiven for their terminal brainletism.

Attached: 1490570111830.jpg (307x200, 21K)

Pepe got co-opt by normalfags

>"Pepe the alt right frog"

Attached: abyss.jpg (500x500, 85K)

Where's the joke? This is just a reference. Also they are like 5-7 years too late, this is really a good example of "how do you do fellow kids?"

>This is just a reference
That's your average "joke" on family guy. A reference.

>Is Pepe official dead? He's made a cameo on Family Guy last night.
You mean like when celebrities started posting him and everyone said he was dead? You mean when the alt right appropriated him and everyone said he was dead?

Those are exactly the kind of so called jokes normies like.

>tfw one day I won't be in my 20s and won't be smart anymore

Well family guy is awesome and really resonates with Jow Forums humour

No, when he died

Reminder if you want something to go into the deep mainstream to the point where even actual boomers recognize it, just make it political.

Wojak evaded mass media for years until the shitty npc crap was turned political.

thank god normies don't even care about wojak and only know him as NPC guy, though

it's like he pretends to be an NPC to mask the depth of his true feels

The NPC wojak is somewhat a separate thing from the NPC posting. It was yet another low effort wojak edit that took 2 minutes to make and was spammed for some assholes amusement and got taken up by shitposters quickly.

Attached: 1539729727701.png (1294x152, 39K)

yeah sure. all this just made me hate women but still i want to fuck them more like anything else.
i hope i die soon

i dont get the repetitive hollow jokes. it's like the simpson after season 8 or 9.

The first few seasons of family guy weren't that bad. You would get every now and again a funny joke that wasn't a cutaway gag.

Fuck off normalfaggot and die

Attached: 1541781713241.gif (358x370, 410K)

familiy guy authors aren't even trying to make a clever joke. why is this so popular? evertime i have watched a little i had the feeling this was just created for keep young poeple stupid.

You don't need any talent of any kind to write for family guy. That's why they hire whoever is cheapest and willing to follow executives and seth macfarlane.

The first few seasons weren't bad. But it was cancelled for a reason.

Well this sucks. Can it get any worse?

Pepe is not dead, he's just enjoying life in Korea.

Attached: bba8a00ce50b73c576c4750a66a5b92d.jpg (235x353, 15K)

>Family guy
Name a more zoomer show.

Pro tip; you can't

Memes are shit.
We need to embrace the post meme era.

but what comes after memes?

Rick and Morty. Did you forget about that show?

Is this real? I don't know if this is real or not

>A world of authenticity is a very scary one to those who want to keep people buying tickets for the ride.
Authenticity has been dead or at least dying for quite a while now. The internet has been tamed.

Family guy is approaching like 20 years now.

He's been officially dead since 2014.

See it for yourself. Family Guy S17E09. It's fucking real. Starts at around 16:50

Learn how to paragraph

Is it ok to still use Apu?

>actually telling people to r*ddit space
Hello r*ddit

Attached: 1544097497815.png (992x558, 393K)

He died years ago, the only thing breathing into his lifeless bloated body are the people still reacting to one Clinton staffer article.

>pretending to be offended by reddit

Attached: 1538076129147.gif (645x773, 7K)

Family guy is always way late to the party for this shit. They had an episode with Trololol Guy back in like 2012 or 2013, he had already been a thing since what? 2007?

Reinforcing the idea were all unique special individuals and are the main characters like we're all in a movie about ourselves. Basically ego reinforcing shit. Makes better consumers when you make them believe their all unique, and helps you sell them shit as well as use divide and rule tribalism tactics.

Take a look at the catalog, at least 30% of the thumbnails are Pepe at any given time

>"Dude, just make each paragraph its own fucking sentence"

>learn how to Reddit space

Reddit's Bad luck Brian page still seeing traffic, I mostly consider a meme dead when it's done most of the things that can be done with it.

Attached: 1530297650830.jpg (1175x766, 162K)

It's alive in the same way Bernie's "alive" in Weekend at Bernies.

apu and apu derivatives are safe yes, normies don't know of his existence

Attached: 1517503551842.jpg (369x387, 42K)

Normies will never touch spurdo either.

and thank fuck for that. spurdo is a treasure

literally this
agreeable in an original way.

Dont think they like wojak too much either except for that kne NPC meme

unironic sincerity

NPC meme could easily be used to manipulate people for any political agenda. If someone has an opposing opinion, instead of making a counterargument, screech "NPC" at them. Most arguments online are won by whoever has the best memes and the best as hominem/strawmans. It's funny how even Jow Forums is vulnerable to be manipulated by this meme.

I saw a thread on Jow Forums and people were literally arguing with NPC images. There were so many edited images with specific political arguments, none of them were funny or interesting, it makes you wonder who decided to make it.

Family guy has been raping dead memes since Peanut Butter Jelly Time

we need to have another meme investigation general. i enjoyed talking about the social and psychological pathology of memes. most oldfags know loosely how memes work and their historical significance but it's something that needs to be discussed a lot further.

tl;dr the internet causes memes to spread dangerously fast and essentially short circuit people's brains.

Remember when Katy Perry and whatever that fake ass black anaconda lady is called started tweeting pepe? People were announcing Pepe dead here then, but pepe/wojack are pretty much the only thing along with "cuck" which has stuck. Even Baneposting has died down a lot.

>tfw your Frog freind is popular with normies but becomes seen as racist so they drop him but the normies still don't want to steal you

Attached: 1532641566091.jpg (256x256, 15K)

>tl;dr the internet causes memes to spread dangerously fast and essentially short circuit people's brains.
If only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1537517666134.png (671x503, 216K)

I'm partial to gondola myself

Attached: 66120915_p0.jpg (1957x2811, 572K)

An hero is another permameme.

Solidus tried to save us from the Patriots' memes.

Attached: 1536417201440.png (1280x720, 905K)

Have memetic scientists created an evolutionary model that can simulate the progress of memes yet?

I think a Trump Apu appeared briefly on American TV shortly before the 2016 elections, but normalfags thought he was just another Pepe and now have forgotten about him completely.

I'm pretty sure when Nicki Minaj posted Pepe it was over.

everything /pol touches just turns to shit. first pepe now the npc guy

Attached: Pol_A_Shit.jpg (529x431, 161K)

Do you mean stuff like that one huge chart showing Pepe and Wojak variants and their relations with each other and to other memes?

>Have memetic scientists created an evolutionary model that can simulate the progress of memes yet?
Not that I know of, but I haven't been keeping up with literal meme science.

Attached: 1521479372763.png (768x576, 378K)

fren is ded
orighinal

Attached: 1543182778617s.jpg (250x198, 7K)

I hate this /pol guy, who does he think he is???
t. based /lgbt poster

Smug Wojak is even more obscure nowadays. I barely see him here or on [s4s].

>i hate
woah there fren. this is a hate free thread

Attached: 1538626611314.jpg (240x240, 7K)

that's a start but more generally i mean the meme as an idea that competes with other ideas for mental domination, or like posted the meme as a discrete information packet that replicates itself over and over and fights for dominance in the arenas listed in the picture, and more. it's not that the "meme" itself is evil, a meme is just a model of information propagation, but there ARE evil/subversive memes and you'd better believe they are fighting "for your mind" as alex "fuck me raw and buy my pills" jones would say

Is the boys club guy a gajillionaire from this shit or what

he's probably making a small amount from pepe merchandise but he didn't notice and capitalize on it fast enough. we were talking about this in another thread, but like the arby's girl anime where arby's was able to "buy in" at a good time and direct traffic to their business, matt furie tried to buy in but didn't have any control because it was too late and pepe took off without him. also he's not open-minded enough to capitalize on pepe, he actively hates what it has become, he is probably too much of a hippy.

Do any of these new "memes" count as actual memes? I mean, memes used to be something that came out of discussions organically, an in-joke. Now it's something an image with text shat out for mass consumption.

Yep he is. The normies killed him. R.I.P

Attached: 1539917372799.jpg (500x484, 41K)

Buy monster now buy buy buy drink drink drink old man hahaha

what you're describing is meme culture which used to result in the genesis of either clever or non-sequitur memes that were highly regarded by an in-group, the people who "get it". memes used to be better and less well-understood because Jow Forums for example, and somethingawful, were at the height of their creativity back in the late 90's (SA) early 2000's (Jow Forums). nowadays on social media there is no cohesive community and therefore no high-temperature crucible in which to really deconstruct the landscape of popular culture. so the memes that come out of there are all shit because the memes are mostly made by kids trying to get e-famous instead of being made by nerds trying to one-up and entertain each other.

tl;dr yes modern meme culture is objectively shit

>not knowing about black girl magic twitter memes