People of bant who aren't students, what do you do for a living?

people of bant who aren't students, what do you do for a living?

Attached: mokoumba.jpg (392x444, 105K)

suffering

wait, I can get paid for this?

I get paid for suffering, yes.

Electrician. Mostly building maintenance and lighting though.

Attached: tumblr_o971bkq53L1voyry7o1_500.png (475x393, 153K)

what is education for this in US? just apprenticeship?

>what is education
Stopped reading. You're not smart enough to properly form a sentence let alone be an apprentice.
Basically yes though. I went through the union so they send you to school and get you on the job training. I think it's 3-4 years for apprentice to journeyman and another 4 for master. I can't remember anymore. I was a master at 21 because of my dad.

Attached: ad05abb80fa26c6e53e38c00562e52ae.png (589x586, 200K)

sorry fren, intentionally break speak broken just because can

>implying you gotta be shakespear to plug in a few lightbulbs

oh shit

Attached: 1511990728160.jpg (228x221, 10K)

Ok.
>implying this is all we do

oh boy
he's gonna tell you all about how bad this gets
he won't realize this is bait probably

on another note is getting zapped a big issue in that line of work or can you basically completely avoid that if you're careful?
how many times have you been zapped.

Attached: 1514357395978.jpg (552x414, 32K)

Not worth it. This clown wouldn't know a high pressure sodium from a halogen if his gloves were on fire.
>is getting shocked a big deal
No not at all. When you work residential it can be avoided if you're careful. Even if it does happen what's in your house will just give you a jolt to remind you you're alive. I'd say I get shocked about once a week. Consider 15+years doing this and you can do the math. I often grab and hold live wires in place while I'm working.
Now getting ELECTROCUTED is a whole other story. High amperage will fry you and you can't let go. When I was a teenager I accidentally touched the main line while I was working in a panel. The electricity went from arm to arm. My dad had to smack me with a piece of wood to get me to let go.
It was terrifying and painful unlike anything else. That's when it becomes a big issue.
I'd post my truck but..... prying eyes in bant.

janitor
how do i move up in the world guys?

interesting
but couldn't you just wear rubber gloves to prevent that? or I guess even the the very thin condom like rubber gloves you see in hospitals wouldn't allow you the nimbleness needed with small wires.

Get skills and make friends. Just like an MMORPG.
We have special gloves made of 100% rubber for high voltage yes. Unfortunately they're very bulky, cumbersome and had to be properly safety tested before use. You see even a pin hole could compromise the gloves so we have a tester that runs a current through them to check for holes.
Some guys wear work gloves to prevent scratching yourself and for comfort but they're kinda piss poor for electrical. You just end up finding them a hassle. Can't be as nimble like you described when working with most wire.
The nitril and medical gloves are too fragile and thin to give you any protection. You'll put a small puncture in it that you don't notice and then they're useless.
I rock bare hands but then again I've got enough copper in my hands to make a whole dollars worth of pennies so I'm not a bitch about it. Even getting shocked now is just a slight tingling, tightening muscle and mild discomfort.
How rude of me blabbering on about myself.
What do you do for a living user?

Attached: 1511585754246.jpg (235x177, 11K)

I scalp ram.

""""Cook"""""

but cooking is fun

I got a temp job running a print room, so I basically print things to order and keep track of inventory. You'd be surprised how many supposedly intelligent people can't even order an A3 poster without fucking something up
>It looks like that because you sent us a 2x2cm image and you wanted it on a 7m wide banner. Yes, we warned you before-hand
>Why did you ask for an A3 when you wanted an A5?
>What do you mean you've "changed your mind"? It's been 4 days and we already completed your order
>Yes that is the file you sent, yes I can print the one you meant to send (but you're paying for both)
>Etc
We catch most of that shit before anything gets printed though, because on average 20% of our orders have an issue and so we're in the habit of calling everyone about everything to make super-duper-triple-sure that they're going to be happy with it before picking it up from our store.

Attached: 1391736522505.png (386x378, 8K)

I agree