/uni/ general - Next Semester Edition

Same 26 yr old return student from last night
>be me
>set up appoint to meet with adviser yesterday
>head of my college calls me back
>tells me he can meet with me personally tomorrow (today)
>meet with this guy; he's an old dude who is legit as fuck and "gets it"
>sign-up for 13hrs next semester (most I've taken since acquiring full-time job)
>on a random note, got internet installed in my apartment today

Things are looking up, brethren. Only thing I could ask for now is an undergrad fuckdoll classmate. How are finals and all going for the rest of you fellas? Anything uni-related you want to bitch about? I'm all ears.

Attached: 75345689.jpg (205x246, 6K)

failed 2/4 classes. all are 3 units. I will probably lose my financial aid next semester and be forced to drop out, but I kind of want to drop out anyway. Do you think its still possible for me to get my associates degree? I am a year 4 junior.

Attached: 1538684000997.jpg (687x731, 27K)

honestly you people can take your uni and shove it

Attached: 5042be6ebb0e0ef2b1c6f786de42074d98f68850.jpg (600x800, 68K)

That feel when I thought I had a final in my biscom class but my prof is a god and our pbx presentation we did to the business major normies counted as our final so for the first time ever I finished a class with a 100 percent feels good.

In my php class I worked really hard on the final project and am 90 percent sure I passed but she hasnt put in grades yet but she will post them tonight so I am autistically checking every ten minutes but if I pass both classes I am finished with school and will start my full time job next monday.

After almost washing out last semester due to crippling addiction and drug problems I managed to graduate and damn if it dont feel fucking amazing.

Attached: 1543293152439.png (507x487, 280K)

We will, buddy, thanks for posting :)

It's currently 4AM where I am, and in 6 hours I have 2 ICTs worth 10% and 20% that I haven't studied for. I'm such a stupid failure, I let this happen every single time. 2 years and I've never been fully prepared for anything even once

You won't lose your financial aid. Funny thing about the Gov is that they won't stop giving out money, as long as it keeps borrowers in debt. You'll have to cross that bridge once you graduate.

>Funny thing about the Gov is that they won't stop giving out money, as long as it keeps borrowers in debt
Fin aid is a grant. You don't have to pay it back.

Quick background on what I have to say:
>Finished my 2ed year of uni last spring with a 3.8 GPA
>Had a mental breakdown over the summer
>manic episode abruptly crashing into a fucking hell of a depressive one
>Becaue of that I had to not attend fall semester
>I cannot apply for financial aid or use my grant until the fall
I am sick of being NEET. Soon the spring semester starts soon at my local community college, and I can finish some general education classes. The problem I can't bring myself to do the work needed to find what classes will transfer to my uni. So my options are take spring classes and somehow motivate myself to do it, or be NEET all spring and summer. I know I should take classes in the spring. It kills me knowing I was such a good student. I had potential. Now I am here and I still want to complete my degree.

Attached: 1541166681118.png (946x950, 797K)

Can someone help me review Calc II? Sequences and series fucking suck.

*OP*
Ayyyy bro! congradu-fucking-lations, my dude! I'm happy that your hard work paid off!

Kill that shit starting Monday!

Its grant money, not a loan. I might even have to return the money, but I obviously dont have it anymore.

like a pell grant or what?

>I finally got my first gf a year ago
>I severely underestimated the amount of attention that I would have to dump with her and my grades are noticeably declining.
>I'm still safe as far as graduation next semester goes but I think I lost my possibility of graduating with honors

Worth it overall but still feels bad senpai

Attached: 1510620573489.png (808x805, 516K)

>ICTs
In what specifically?

>Losing honors because a roasite wanted some attention

Yeah, Pell grant is the one given by FAFSA in the states.

Just means in class tests
There's not even going to be any point in me showing up

>In computer architecture class
>Realize that transistors are just redstone and I can build gates in Minecraft
>Build an ALU and a shitty "processor "
>Semester ends, I get an 89%
>Emaile the instructor my Minecraft stuff
>She is impressed and give me 1%
>My semester went well

Attached: 1542504739669.png (500x500, 24K)

>computer architecture
I have to take this next semester. Can you give me a rundown of what you learned?

one more exam left. im thankful my crash in mental health wasn't absolutely devastating.

I work at a bank. Can confirm.

Failed Calculus for the third time. Class isn't even hard but I can't bring myself to care about studying until a few hours before the exam. At this point I'm numb to failiure and the only thing I'm dreading is the talk with my advisor after the holidays. Not sure why I'm still in uni when I have no drive to do any of this and no goals I'm working toward.

user here is clearly superior to us mere mortals with an IQ of 25

Attached: 1519608898931.png (550x443, 38K)

Have an essay worth 30% I didnt start on due in 10 hours. Fuck me up bros, I thought it was due the day after tomorrow.

Attached: 1543906991679.png (645x773, 11K)

First semester:
>Basic boolean logic (maths)
>Bases. Converting base 10 to boolean to hexadecimal
>Gates
>integrated circuit
>ALU and how it is made and works
>Translating mips assembly language to boolean
>Basic memory stuff

Second semester:
>How to build a fucking processor
>How assembly code is translated into the processor
>Memory and how the processor handles it
>Virtual memory and how to implement it without an operating system
>Basic operating system stuff

It is all hard and confusing if you do not have experience with it. My only tip is read the fucking book before going to lectures. Do not continue to another section unless you fully understand the last. Everything in this class compounds on the last.

Attached: 1541236622572.png (350x591, 24K)

just get to it, i started and finished an entire final project in 4 hours. get some rest user

>I thought it was due the day after tomorrow.
Even if that was the case, why are you waiting so long to start it?

10 hours is good, start now! Just go the library and do it

already slept a bunch, but going to start right now.
Because I'm stupid. I started taking antidepressants recently and they have been making me so tired that I've been sleeping all day. Time passes by so quickly
It's like 12am user )-:

Going fairly well, I'm passing but I need to be more critical in my work to get anything past a 2:2

I'm sorry to hear that user. My buddy last semester had a xans addiction and practically slept the semester away. Try to keep your head up buddy, and get off this site and write that fucking paper you goof!

Attached: 1541384465581.jpg (1200x1187, 177K)

My procrastination got a lot worse. I used to just wait until the last day to do my shit, now I wake up early on the day shit is due and do it then. It hasn't fucked me yet, but shit it was close.

Thanks a lot, user. I'll make sure to take your advice and also try to study up on these things over my break so I'll be prepared in advance.

I have no idea how the fuck to talk to people. Everyone here is turbo normie

what uni? jw

>exam tomorrow for class I credit/no credit-ed.
It's pretty chill.

>thesis project is a fuck
I basically didn't do fuck all for my thesis until halfway through the semester. Despite spending my summer in that lab, I kept fucking up basic lab skills through a combination of nervousness (there's a bitch in the lab who hates me and my hands shake whenever I'm around her). My next instructor in the lab was a lot nicer, but I fucked off one day and missed a meeting, so she basically refused to help me and the prof was like, "what, you want me to train you?"

I apologized for tardiness and did a bit of grunt work two weeks ago.
>I also apologized to the cunt-one and she didn't even look at me and shrugged
>yeah fuck off bitch
The instructor (a phd student, the nice one) told me it was cool but that I probably wouldn't have access to the machines until January. I thought this was perfect because my life is a fucking mess right now. The following week I sent an email on Tuesday to her asking if she needed any grunt work done, and if there was actually a tiny bit of instrument time. She didn't answer but the professor emailed me saying that we needed to talk about "why I haven't produced results" and "why I am not taking this seriously".

I'll admit I fucked up the first part completely. I didn't learn enough shit in the summer to be properly independent and I blew off my responsibilities. However, by the time the professor called me out on this and I learnt from my mistake, we were already going into exams. Am I really supposed to spend 8 hours a week washing vials to demonstrate to a graduate student that I am "taking this seriously" and "sorry for wasting her time"? Iunno, I almost want to drop it but I hate quitting.

>meeting potential grad school supervisor in two days
I'm /nervous/. He called me "thoughtful" and "enthusiastic". I'm currently getting As in his class.
>also have a crush on him

Nice, good work OP.
>fuckdoll classmate
Why?

Attached: level up bitch.jpg (528x800, 229K)

Quit whining and sign up for spring at your uni. Do you want to be the loser who goes to class and gets good grades or the loser who is just a loser?

gf isn't the problem, you just suck at handling your own life

Finished my most important finals today. After doing nothing for a couple hours, I rode my bike around campus and watched the sun set on top of a parking garage. When I got home, my roommates were celebrating one of their new jobs and had gotten their hands on some $30 rum, and we shared it for most of the night. I'm so content, this was exactly the sort of slow pace I needed to recuperate after the shitshow that was this semester.

Attached: terrific.gif (184x141, 1024K)

I finished what should be the hardest paper of the semester for me, and an old professor of mine actually approached me wanting to co-publish a paper with him as my thesis next semester. I'm not done yet, but it looks like this semester is going to be a success.

2 exams to take and then I will be done with 1/2 of my final year. Just kind of want to get it over with even if I have a shitty meme degree.

Who else dropped from school because of social anxiety?

>gf isn't the problem
>is on r9k

pick one

Have my last exam ever on Thursday and only need 8% to pass the class. Fingered a girl for the first time last night and starting my work full-time in February after I graduate. Was a long 6 years but it's almost over lads.

Should I graduate right now in engineering or should I stay in undergrad or something

I'm afraid of not finding a job and want to collect more federal money and prolong my grace period :(

If you can graduate now you should, if only to prevent you from flunking out later from burnout if you don't

Yeah I guess. Just worried I'm gonna fuck my GPA up with my final semester because I took a hard class that's all sorts of fucked with how it might get curved, so I'm sitting between a 3.2 and 3.3 GPA, and I'd rather end up with a 3.3 than a 3.2.

Wish i could just redo everything, since feel like I'm just gonna aend up unemployed I'm sure anyways. Why did I have to be the only child?

I feel you man. I'm not the only child, but I am the oldest with my siblings not doing too much.

I think most people would do things differently if they had the chance, but I think it's better to face the future as fresh as you can; I've fallen onto the trap of having one class influence my graduation plans an d, basically, I'd just recommend finishing while you can, especially since engineering should still be fresh in your mind right now, so you should use that to get a job before you start to forge how to do what's required.
That, plus I've known more than a few people who decided to stay in uni longer, lost motivation, and ended up destroying their GPA when they could've just graduated in the first place.

Do you even go to college?
Borrowing from the government at below market interest rates is a priviledge that they will happily revoke.
Universities keep track of a student's academic progress and the moment they lose satisfactory academic progress they get cut off from government financial aid.
If he failed 50% of his classes he is getting suspended from aid.

This,
From what I know from my uni, you have to maintain above a 2.0 GPA to qualify for financial aid.
Also, if you get below an average of 2.0 for your semester twice is a row, I think you get suspended from using financial aid for a year. I'm not sure if that's true everywhere in the US though, or just in my state

>mfw i have to do a four try in calculus 3 in the first days of january but all i have do in this time is to procrastinate all the time i have for doing the exam and i feel i going to fail again, please give me an advice

holy fuck what is your native language?

Makes sense. Guess I'll just get out for now, maybe take a semester off and then figure out if I really truly want to do grad school or something.

Kind of in a weird place, feel like I don't really enjoy mechE all that much so I'm a bit confused as to what I'm gonna do

Any other Anons get their Master's degree? Thinking of going back to school for it. Worth it?

Attached: that feel tired.jpg (317x379, 46K)

What are my chances of getting into an Ivy League grad school program as a 33 year old boomer with a 2.8 bachelor's degree from a meme state school?

How i know i choose the right degree, i do it well in some subjects but in the other hand i fail or i feel like a stupid in others subjects.

Beside in real life how important is the GPA, i mean in highschool i had an excellent GPA, but now i really work hard to get a regular GPA or a shitty GPA

Any classes counting towards ur masters?

I should have some. Not sure how many exactly.

>study STEM
>Suddenly a wild psychosis appears
>Lose the ability to do math
>Study humanities, finish 2/3 of my bachelor
>Suddenly another wild psychosis appears
>Lose ability to write lenghty essays with logical structure
>...

I'm thinking of going to jump in front of a train near the university. The normies will see and hopefully experience a bit of trauma in their perfect normie lives.

desperately cramming for two classes i need a's in, and brushing up on a stupid cs course. despite this i'm spending time bouldering in the morning, anyone else know this feel?

I have to do a report on a topic this 15th and i choose to flee. This stupid gen ed class

I'm wondering if I should drop out after this coming spring semester. I started in fall 2014 and community college, transfered to uni in 2016, failed out because I fell for the CS meme which wasn't anything like I thought it would be, back to CC for a year, transfered six months ago to the uni I originally wanted to go to and now I'm seeing that I have at least two years to complete my Poli Sci degre(I'm done with undergrad classes now but haven't started on Poli Sci classes). I just don't want more debt and I still am not sure what I want to do with my life since failing out of CS really shook me up.

I was thinking of transfering the classes I'm taking at current uni to my CC and just graduating with an associates and calling it the end. I'm 30k in debt and I really don't want more.

Attached: 1537312073866.png (1600x900, 207K)

If you're already 30K in debt you might as well get a bachelor's out of it.

Yeah but there will be more added to it ($6,000 to $10,000 each year)as I progress. Not only that, the biggest thing is I don't know what the fuck I'm doing this for. I was all in for CS because I liked making scripts but I was always lost on what to do when it came to figuring out solutions on the spot.

The debt isn't the biggest problem to me. What is the biggest problem is I have no career option I want to go into.

Attached: 1516597073319.png (901x688, 208K)

Dropped out of my major for the year, no debt, gonna do something different eventually. Feels good, fuck english literature.

Attached: 1532008193911.jpg (801x1200, 285K)

So you weren't really asking for advice you just wanted validation.
>Yes user, you should do exactly what you said you will do, that is the right thing to do.
Does that make you feel better?

testi arino

you literally just took a break. its not that bad. consider actually having had taken classes in the fail and failing. chill out vro.

we'll make it bros. working 40+ hours during break. sucks ass but hopefully i wont have to work so much during the soring semester. secure the bag boys.

Attached: 41164096-B63C-4D73-B1D5-9B3EAD502819.jpg (580x1334, 183K)

A c- is still passing right?

Semester is over and now I'm perpetually bored all day.

Attached: 1479421794297.png (686x524, 125K)

Sometimes anons you should take a break. I got a 4.0 during summer/fall quarters and set to graduate this March. I dropped out my senior year in 2013 with a 2.7, and now I'm back up to a 2.9. Fs from five years ago are really keeping it low, but school seems so simple now and I should graduate with a 3.2/3.3. I'm 27 now. It's not all bad.

>be me
>graduate Highschool
>go to college
>404 motivation not found
>fail out
>depression kicks in
>NEET for 6 years
>try to kms
>finally see a psychologist
>decide to go back to school
>pulled all A's my first semester back
Thanks for reading my blog post.

Attached: 1543653897902.jpg (875x700, 62K)

If I get a fucking B in this stats class ima off myself

Attached: EE3628A6-BB17-40E6-80D3-19D51E2AD3A2.jpg (2048x1475, 1.03M)

You guys you have a subject that you hate so much that you get nauseous just from looking at your text and notebooks? i realise that I just need to learn some formulas and how a couple of stuff work for my upcoming Maths test but it's so fucking disgusting and useless that I am hardpressed to study.

>4.0 this semester
>again
>will get denied financial aid and receive no scholarships because of middle class white parents who don't pay for my school
>again
What's the point of even trying when nobody cares unless your a sub 3.0 nigger.
At least I basically have my career started halfway through uni.

>see cute fembot throughout semester
>never gain courage to talk to her
>will likely never see her again

what do i do lads? should i email her or something

Attached: 1454559691187s.jpg (205x246, 9K)

If you literally never talked to her don't be the fucking weirdo that sends her an email or messages her online. You can't say this fish got away, you never even cast a line. There'll be other qts next semester, we'll get them then.
t. someone who also let a chance pass this semester

Attached: iktf.jpg (250x230, 20K)

No. You missed your chance and now have to live your life with regret. Better luck next semester, maybe you'll grow a pair.

What's your major, cutie?

could i get away with messaging her about school work

No you autist, the semester's over at this point. What school work are you going to be asking about during finals week? Just let it go and actually try with someone next semester

If you are going to be a weirdo might as well send her a dick pic while your at it

It's too late, bro. It's finals week, so she couldn't hang out with you even if she wanted to. At best she could tell you she'd hang out with you next semester, but this is super unlikely. Far more likely that she'll just disregard you, especially given there's a 2 week break in between.

Ask her next semester.

i have all IT classes next semester so its all gonna be guys

no thanks

Attached: 1477940332956.jpg (241x250, 8K)

Depends on the course sometimes but I'm pretty sure it is. That's what I'm gunning for.

Non meme degree makes bank, my man. Keep going.

Because if you have good grades in a real degree, you'll make enough money to live comfortably forever.

Lol, i just pulled an all nighter finishing course work worth 50% of a module I feel ya buddy

last day of studying until it's all over. fuck i just want to be an office slave already

>thought I was gonna fail organic chemistry
>passed with a C
things could be better, but they could also be worse

Why are you taking bio classes? Biology degrees are nearly worthless.

You need to take Computer Science, the average pay is the highest of any bachelor's degree ($103,000 per year avg income), the field has the highest job growth rate of any STEM job, and there is more jobs than graduates right now which can't be said for any other STEM degree.

>Biology degrees are nearly worthless
Not him but feelsbadman

Attached: sad.png (640x480, 275K)

Bro you can still change your degree, I was a 2nd year bio major pre-med but saw the light and switched my major to CS.

I will be making double the income of a biologist (100k for CS vs 50k for bio) and I will have a near guaranteed job out of college while getting a job with a bio degree is nearly impossible.

Do not take comp sci if you are in it for the money. The shit you have to learn will drag you down if you are not interested in it. I had a class of 200+ students and by the end of the semester only 50 showed up to take the final. Most failed so hard that even if they got a 100% on the final they will still fail. It is more than just knowing how to code. It is knowing how computers work on an intimate level and a shit ton of maths.

>Bro you can still change your degree
Hah, I'm already onto my masters.

Can anyone get a teacher deported or fired? I'm going to have to retake my algorithms class because my Chinese female teacher is the worst I've ever had. She can barely speak English and teaches shit that doesn't even sync up with everyone else on YouTube.

I graduate on Sunday, but I can't find a job. I have no idea what the fuck I am going to end up doing with my life and worry that I am going to end up stuck at my parent's house listening to my boomer dad's shitty life advice before killing myself

Are you a woman or a minority? If so you can get your PhD and easily become a bio professor but there is literally no jobs outside of academia if your a biologist, unless you want to be a lab tech and get paid $13 an hour.

>lab tech and get paid $13 an hour
I dunno, I thought lab tech is pretty comfy. The pay doesn't really bother me since I hardly spend anyway.