Monastic shut in

Has anyone here tried going to a Benedictine monastery and become a monk? I've got nothing going for me - no friends, family hates my guts and lost my job. I figured if nothing else happens to my life I'd rather become a literal shut-in in some church than some shut-in inside my house. At least I will have something to do and be of service to God in whatever days remain in my bleak existence than sitting in front of a PC jerking off and doing nothing all day. Either that or going through another 30 years of this and killing myself. What do you think?

Attached: 312321231321.jpg (322x157, 16K)

Free food, water, and living quarters.
Go for it, but you have to be a believer.

I think that if I were raised christian it would really tempt me.

I am a believer. The only downside is the vow of celibacy and I would have to leave my gf of 13 years. Honestly, it's the only thing keeping me from fully committing. Means I also have to let go of the woman who has stuck by me all this time too.

>tfw Catholic and want to be a priest but also a pedophile and don't want to be "that priest"

What's stopping you from converting then user? Some early church fathers and saints were sinners themselves and overcame their trials in life through faith.

Attached: 23112345345.jpg (968x681, 77K)

I don't really believe in god op.

You ever wonder why there are female monks (nuns) but not female priests? It's so catholics can get undesirables out of society.

Kingdom Come Deliverance has a chapter where you live inside a monastery, you should play it or watch gameplay video. I'll tell you this now, it ain't a fucking easy life at all, I dont recall the schedule 100%, but was something like:
6am morning mass
7am breakfast
8-10work
10 mass
12 lunch
13-? Work
18 mass
19? Dinner
20-21 free time(inside the monastery, you cant leave)
21? Sleep, if you caught out of the dorm be prepared to be fiscally punished and thrown in a cell for a few days for penitence(any infration will get you this actually)

Doesn't seem like a life a robot would survive, it's very strict and rule driven, and if you don't walk in line you get beat up.

I honestly would rather prefer this than being a shut in at home and just surfing the net all day doing nothing. Having structure in my life beats the hell out of anything in my present situation.

Then go do it retard they can't stop you from leaving if you decide it isn't for you.

>It's so catholics can get undesirables out of society.
I'm trying to follow the logic but I can't.

Retard, read
It's not an easy decision for me.

Weren't monks at the forefront of scientific discoveries in Europe?

Well, the thing is, you're used to doing nothing, you probably actually have depression, but you wouldn't be able to do nothing at the monastery, they would whip you and lock you in a cell for that, and eventually kick you out. You can try thou, the novice period is a trial period which you can quit anytime, you can also be expelled afterwards. They would probably beat you till you quit coz you're not monastery material or just expel you. Play the game.
Work includes library and nursery at the game, but irl I suppose it would also include cleaning, cooking and gardening.

Yes. But indeed monastery were full of rapists and other criminals, it was a way of escaping the law and getting the death penalty, however they had to walk the line or else they would be expelled and face the law mentioned before.

Because video games are accurate depictions of real life.

>you wouldn't be able to do nothing at the monastery
Which is what I'm aiming at. I'd rather have structure in my life than suffer more.

I was actually in a Benedictine monastery once. With the exception of beatings and whippings, they actually structure their schedules with prayer first thing in the morning, breakfast, work, then more prayers in the afternoons and evenings and the individual meditations and study of the word of God. For a video game, it's pretty close to what he said.

This one made a point to be historically accurate actually, they did a shitton of research and burned many leftist butts for not having niggers in it. So don't talk of what you don't know of you faggot.

The problem is that it's 2018 buddy, historical accuracy doesn't really mean shit when OP lives now not in the middle ages or whatever

I know you're aiming, my doubts are if you're capable to do it as a hikikomori depressed robot, I believe you'll fail and suffer through it, but prove me wrong and do it.

Its not beating, its penitence, and it is a thing. The whip wasn't actually a whip, it's something like a small whip they use in horses I dunno how its called. The game is historically accurate look it up.

Thats not what you saud before. But monastery life probably didn't change, not like they gonna be SJW cuddly monks, they'll whip yo sinner ass.

I was checking about this the other day but the fuckers have an admission are cap.Orthodox monks aren't that picky.

But then I realized you have to interact with the other monks and at the end it isn't that different from normal life hell.
Maybe that monastery in France where they are in complete silence 24/7 is a better option. Check it out, they also filmed a docu about it recently

How did they do all this reading and writing if they had a strict schedule? Maybe capitalist work ethic has infected monk life too and they get worked to death today

You're basing this on a video game depicting how things were hundreds of years ago?

There's no more whippings or "beatings" in Benedictine monasteries. Hell, the churches there already look modern with the monks having the basic necessities in life. This ain't the middle ages anymore.As for being a monk, yes that remains to be seen. Only two things are holding me back - my girlfriend of 13 years and the fear of regret that if I do push through with it, I might come to regret my decision of pushing her away.

From what I gathered in my stay at a Benedictine monastery, most of their schedules go like this:
>4:00-4:59 AM Lauds/Mass
>5:00-7:59 AM preparation for whatever it is you're going to do at work
>8:00-11:00 AM Work
>11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Lunch
>12:00PM - 4:59 PM meditations and personal study
>5:00 PM - Lauds/Mass
>5:15 PM - 7:59 PM Personal meditation/study
>8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Lauds/Mass
>9:00 PM - Sleep

Rinse and repeat every day.

Part of the schedule was writing. Studying was the job of some of them, the brainlets did the hard work.
Yes, anywhere not degenerate will be the same. The world is not California. I doubt theres no penitence and fisical punishment, but if you say so...
Anyhow, if you have a gf of 13 years you shouldn't even be considering this shit, I mean she put up with you even if you're a NEET means she probably love you a lot, and you'd trade that coz "waah I can't get my life together without being told to waah", god fucking dammit. Like shit son fuck. Go to therapy or something, take meds to give you energy and get your shit together, you found a good woman which is basically winning the lottery and wanna fuck it up to pray with old men instead and have them be your daddy and tell you to not sit on your ass all day? Goddamn OP I'm mad at you go to hell.

It's not easy being a shut in for 2 years dude. I've got nothing going for me - friends already turned against me, I'm being bullied in social media, I have no more job, family hates my guts and I feel all alone by myself. My routine sucks ass too. All I do is stare at walls and in front of a computer screen all day then fetch gf when her classes are up. Better be a monk than what basically amounts to a breathing corpse.

Also yes, we do love each other and she has put up with me as I did with her during her darkest times but I don't know how I can go on living like this. It's not like jobs are plentiful that you can just go in with a firm handshake and get that job immediately.

That's a tough call but you should do whatever makes you feel happy and content.

>breathing corpse

Attached: 1528012215779.gif (360x346, 170K)

Yes, I'm basically just a breathing, walking, talking corpse if you take my routine into account. I see you don't know much about figures of speech.

I do know, I just thought it was a funny idiom.

All the monasteries have been blacked. You'd just be a cock sleeve for niggers. Your asshole would have to be on call at all hours of the day to receive the holy seed.

Attached: 1480916909689.gif (300x200, 605K)

If you are capable of following discipline, then it might be good idea. Ora et labora brother.

Last year I broke up with my GF of five years and spent six months with the Ishaya monks. I wish I could go back.

The celibacy vow exists for a reason but is gravely misunderstood in the Christian tradition. Look up the Sanskrit vow Brahmacharya. Tantric schools can teach you how to preserve the energy of semen through sublimation techniques while still being able to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh.

I won't tell you what monestary to join, but I will tell you this. There is only one God, one Teacher, and any true Teaching will point back at your soul, to your aspect of God within. Any teaching that tells you to pray to a God outside of yourself is a false teaching, and will only lead to frustration and self-judgement.

Justin please stop posting.

OP specifically mentioned Christian monastery, not hippy hindu bullshit or whatever they teach there.

If it makes you happy I say go for it.

How do you find one to go to?

Attached: b04c78b404c210b373109611a07f9726f2578a337ebb35da292f9d80dd632563_1.jpg (320x269, 21K)

Theres one in silver city NM