How long should you be with someone before you propose and get married?

>How long should you be with someone before you propose and get married?

Been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years and still haven’t, I’m honestly too scared to because of all the horror stories I hear, plus it’s expensive as fuck.

Attached: FD35D852-9988-463E-AB77-09806777D89F.jpg (750x500, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nk3wBuvM-U
debt.com/2017/marriage-will-last-longer-less-spend-wedding/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just ask. don't be a spoiled brat who fears the word "no"

If you're any younger than 23, maybe 5.
If you are 27, 2 years.
Don't waste her healthy fertile years if you love her.

Childbirth hurts more if you are 30+. It, and child rearing, will be more physically taxing for older couples. Just don't be a bigger about.

What are you sliding, Shlomo?

The divorce is the expensive part. Make sure you have a car that she doesn't know about, so you can live in it after she takes your house and children, and has you arrested for domestic violence against her and HER children. Most guys end up in a shelter. But having that 1984 Honda Civic with 200k miles that blows blue smoke sitting in your brothers other garage can be a life saver when it's all over.

You should get on one knee and ask her to marry you today. Make you the happiest, luckiest man alive. I only wish I could be there for the wedding. You're so lucky.

Oh fuck off back to r9k. If you make a woman dependent on you, she will be loyal.

don't listen to this person. just ask. it is a simple question.
ask her father if you have his permission.
be a man and accept the results of either answer.

>everything I don't like is a slide thread
Report it then if you think it breaks the rules of the board. If not fuck off crybaby pissant

If I keep her in the basement, it doesn't matter what she thinks.

I've been with my GF six and we are closer to braking up than getting married.

Wow. Five years of waiting for something more shiny to come along. I hope she leaves you. She's been a very patient placeholder.

If she's the right one, marry her as soon as possible, unless one of you still owe student loans.

The reason not to rush into marriage is if you are not sure you are right for each other, but five years is too long, either dump or marry, you are wasting her fertility, I can't believe she waited that long for you.

What you should have done way early on was at least TALK about marriage, expected roles and responsibilities - how will money be earned and spent? Childcare? Chores? Religion of kids? Corporal punishment? Grandparent involvement. Renting vs owning and where. Savings Goal. Career Paths (even if she's a stay at home mom, eventually she'll have to go back)

dont forget bigger chance of birth defects with stale soil

The father will never say no. A betacuck for her is what daddy has been hoping for since the day she was born. Daddy's fear has been a black guy or a badboy, requiring regular visits to the hospital.

Dad will give you his blessing, OP. Don't wait. Do it NOW.

>How long should you be with someone before you propose and get married?

6 months to a year. Anything longer is degenerate. If you can't get your balls till 1 year, you're not gonna take responsibility in 5 years either.

five years is when i asked my wife. we’ve been together 17 years now. marriage is a challenge, you get back what you put in. also, go to vegas, get married/honeymoon on a nice at the same time then have a small party when you get back. best decision we made.

You're a piece of shit. Quit wasting each other's time

im not scared of being told no, I’m scared of being cheated on/divorce.

Attached: CF62B6CF-918D-4839-8655-F8550CC254A6.jpg (704x528, 65K)

Western Couples vs Chinese Couples:
youtube.com/watch?v=_nk3wBuvM-U

No reason to get married until you have children.

Your taxes actually go up without kids.

this

No quality woman would be willing to have a kid out of wedlock.

>quality woman
>2018

Q predicted this.

Attached: takephoto.jpg (538x620, 37K)

Proposed 3.5 yrs after dating and married 4 yrs after dating. She later said I waited a little too long for her comfort ymmv

She's hot.

>politics

Hang the mods

>plus it’s expensive as fuck
my wedding and honeymoon together was under $2000. but if its been 5 years you really dont love the woman anyways

Attached: 1523150039583.png (560x560, 127K)

You cant attract a mate. Doesnt mean none exist.

doesn't mean they're not whores

It discusses contemporary socio-economic environments...

No father detected. Sage

>I’m scared of being cheated on/divorce.
Expect both and you'll never have any worries. Because most of the time, guys get both. Just remember what I said about having the secret car you can live in after. It will help you keep your job because you can store clean clothes there, which is important because you won't be able to shower very often. Baby wipes help.

If you are 27-28 a year or two would be enough,you both had ~10 years to live your own lives,after 30 it's harder to have kids, and I think that marriage would be a "sneak peak" for others to see that you are forming a family of your own

>get married immediately goiym we need single mothers when 10 years later you can't stand the person you agreed to spend forever with after knowing them a year

>my wedding and honeymoon together was under $2000.

I figured when I get married, I'll just get registered at city hall and save the money. I won't bother gathering the families or visiting the families until there is a BABY. Makes more sense to spend time and money showing off the new family member.

>2018
>falling for the vaginal Jew

not just making sure you never make more than her?

Attached: 5b21685388c2f0634bceeb9947a24653.jpg (736x571, 64K)

Could it not just be that he is enjoying the time together and doesnt want the dynamic to change just yet?

Just break up user, trust me. Relationships are for bearing children, not two people acting like them

This is actual solid advice.

I'm not married but I've been living with my girlfriend for about 9 years. I'm 27. Shes been my high school sweetheart since 13 and I had a kid with her at 14. I'll be free soon enough. Won't be changing diapers at 35.

we found a fancy hotel that married people and spent the night for our honeymoon. my based wife even got her dress of the web for $200. spend just a little to make it special
debt.com/2017/marriage-will-last-longer-less-spend-wedding/

>Don't waste her healthy fertile years if you love her

this
grow the fuck up and commit you faggot

Plant Fitness. $10 / month for unlimited showers.

>I’m scared of being cheated on/divorce.
Then perhaps she isn't for you, then. I had zero doubts about my wife before we were married, and I have zero doubts now.

>Your taxes actually go up without kids.
While your disposable income goes to zero. Also, forget about sleeping through the night for the first 5 years. Forget about sex with your wife for at least 6 months (longer if they had to cut her vagina to get it out). If she forces you to watch the birth, forget about oral sex FOREVER. You'll never want to get within 3 feet of that thing again.

Kids are cute. They also eat money, shit stress and kill dreams. But your friends who also have kids will like you more, because miserly loves company. Dinner parties talking about your kids - NEVER gets old. NEVER. ...just so much... fun.

Girl who wants very expensive ring/wedding isnt worth it

it will be hilarious if this idiot op gets married because pol bullied him into it.
say goodbye to half your shit, lol.

Was 3 month before marriage, now 3 years maried trying to make the second baby.
Mariage is awesome.
Your girl have to work the whole day, so she have no time to fuck around.

maybe if you raised children to be proud of you wouldnt be bored. i bet you didnt even start them reading at 3yo

Attached: 1517184965188.jpg (480x360, 24K)

You're a child.

Attached: 1524605528738.jpg (900x661, 125K)

No sense in getting married to the gov these days

It’s a lose lose scenario for the man

Then putting your child in degenerate public school indoctrination

Absolutely sickening

There's no such thing as a dependent woman today thanks to our glorious government

>zero doubts
i'd also want be this idealistic

gotta leave the thread my girls got a play date. stay mad kissless faggots

Attached: The Master 1.png (1600x864, 1.01M)

If you can stand being around her and don't fight and she isn't a huge slut or junkie then go for it.

>Also, forget about sleeping through the night for the first 5 years.
I didn't experience this. Both kids slept with us.

elope and make it your honeymoon the same time you get married, then have a party for where everyone can be invited. it will be cheaper and more fun.

post pics or it didn't happen.

I made the read at 2 years old, or they didn't get to eat.

Lay your cards on the table about your expectation for the future and concerns without any sugar

If she agrees and you can tell shes serious, then I would take the chance

5 years is already pushing it, if you aren't getting married soon dont bother at all

She won't get anything if I kill us both

We've been together 20 years.

Pics of what? Mom and kid sleeping? No. I'll answer reasonable questions, though.

although. I went through a similar thing. I thought I was scared. I thought things were ok for a long time. Turns out my subconscious knew that it wasn't right. Marriage wasn't the problem. My partner was.

Whenever you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with this person

Asking someones dad to marry their daughter is super lame. You're an adult. You don't need to ask their parents for permission.

You know her better than anyone. To some extend all women are with a man because they want to be taken care of.
Is she a spoiled brat though? Will she be a good mother? Is she honest with you in general? Do you want to have kids at all?
If you want kinds soon is better than later. If you dont then dont get married at all.

>plus it’s expensive as fuck.
Get a moissanite ring because diamonds are a scam.

ALso this

Attached: anime school girl uniform pepe.jpg (600x800, 54K)