IQ 142 here, problems fitting into society

Art, illustration -- I used to be published online and in notable publications. I always have art and melodies going through my mind. However, I have horrible interpersonal skills, social anxiety (2 beers gets me "normal") and people think I'm aloof although I believe I am not. Thus, my EQ is astoundingly horrible.

Are high IQ people cursed in society, because we don't operate on an IQ 95 level? Or am I just an anti-social dumbass who wants desperately to fit in with normies? Are any of you the same? What should I do?

Attached: laurelawitt_13266902_235287643519715_1580846801_n.jpg (600x396, 62K)

Some research has shown that if two people are two standard deviations, or 30 points, apart from one another in IQ, it significantly impairs their ability to communicate with each other. As someone who's about 42 points away from the average person, it means your ability to communicate effectively with most of the people you will meet throughout your life is impaired. This predicament can lead to discontent for very intelligent or very unintelligent people.

Learn to come down from the mountain when you talk with other people. It might feel shallow, but having simple conversation with people on the other side of the bell curve is pretty easy if you just engage them on obvious topics
t. 160 IQ

Thank you. It is difficult for me, because --as you correctly stated -- it does seem shallow. Also, I find it difficult to discuss issues with normies when there are obvious flaws in said person's logic, I get frustrated and wish to correct the person. I will attempt to engage in normie topics, however I always get a feeling of anger in my belly when normies can not understand their own biases and faults in logic.

Thank you.

Attached: beachabs.jpg (612x668, 55K)

you might have an iq of 142 (doubt), but you'll still always be an autistic faggot for posting it on Jow Forums

As wheelchair science man once said, "People who talk about IQ are losers".

i can tell you're replying to yourself, you fucking loser

You just have low social intelligence, which is something you can build. Some people with high IQ can control a conversation to the smallest detail and read the subject while doing so.

I agree with you, I have an IQ of high 130's and I have the same problems as you do. Normal people, 98% of the population, are incomprehensible to me. It's like living as a man among a troupe of monkeys and the monkeys getting pissed off and calling you retarded for not understanding monkey society and not playing by their rules and fitting in. Well sorry I don't want to get on my knees and wrist deep in my own feces to fling it about, as I think it's madness. Normalfag logic absolutely baffles me and I can't understand how they think and I can't have the same social priorities as they because it's absurd to me as a monkey flinging its own shit at a rival, so i'm the odd one out, and the monkeys have started saying I'm the stupid one.
If you moved to africa and tried to fit in and be the average african you'd encounter the same difficulty and baffling that a high IQ person has fitting into modern society.
so i'm always harassed and isolated because what I think people should easily understand, they don't, and they completely fail to meet me, and I don't have the same ideas of what is important or fun or a serious matter as they do. so I quarrel endlessly.
Would it be insanity to become angry at the monkeys?
I have to find a way to financially support myself that involves as little social interaction as possible. And they wonder why geniuses are always recluses...

>[insert fake high IQ number here on anonymous board]
>Yeah guys, I'm so special and intelligent I can't talk to normal people. I'm so above everyone else.

Fuck you. If you're so fucking smart then tell me what you've fucking done with your fucking life otherwise this number means absolutely jackshit.

Attached: 260428.jpg (632x794, 400K)

also don't make fun of errors, I am drunk and running on 3 hours of sleep

>tfw too intelligent to be good at socializing
This is a stupid, lazy cop out. If you were actually intelligent you wouldn't use this excuse. Once you stop self pitying you will realize there are a few options. Socialize with people you can relate to for enjoyment. Practice socialization for personal gain, to be "charismatic," to manipulate normies. Or find a good reason to not socialize ie. doesn't provide you with pleasure.

People who talk about their own IQ are losers. IQ is an important and fascinating concept.

He wasn't trying to humblebrag or anything, it's obvious he thought his intelligence had something to do with his aloofness or disconnect with others, calm down.
Also, just because someone has a high percentile iq or some other low probability trait doesn't mean they cannot possibly exist or be here, it just means there are likely to be less of them.

Ok you guys are a bunch of faggots
Having a high IQ doesn't mean having "art and melodies running through your mind". You're not in a sitcom where you are afraid of fitting in because "muh im too smart to deal with these plebs".
IQ is just is just a pathetic way of giving yourself an excuse for having bad social skills. Knowing that you are above average early on in your life creates this illusion that just because some test you did makes you better than everyone else. Guess what, no one gives a shit. The only thing that matters is that you are satisfied with what you do, whether you have a testicle for a brain or not.

This is all bullshit. Smart people have it even easier talking to people and adapting to their situations. Smarter people are miles better at socializing with anybody and understand what's going on. It's stupid people that have trouble. How do you think those high IQ billionaires got to be where they are now? They have had great social skills besides their astounding intelligence. You wouldn't think that they did it by being recluses who'd only jerk off over their books and stay away from society indefinitely, right? If you have trouble with people, it's because you're a fucking literal AUTIST. No fucking reason other than that.

Attached: 205654.jpg (1638x800, 294K)

IQ is subjectively defined, even aside from that it is a dick measuring contest at best. What's superior to IQ is the creation of new ideas, rather than raw intelligence. If someone can photographically memorize a 700 page book or solve complex math problems instantly, the person will likely be viewed as a genius, but said person may not be capable of influencing society or creating something new in the slightest.

>IQ is just is just a pathetic way of giving yourself an excuse for having bad social skills
This. It's especially hilarious when people make up their own imaginary IQ. Also funny when people believe they have a high IQ because they're socially retarded, when they're really retarded in both fields.

What's up with those all high iq scores? Do i have mandela effect or something? I remember years ago 140 used to be for geniuses, now everyone here throws higher numbers left and right, is mensa a joke now, or everyone takes those in one of these joke websites and thinks it legit lol

>Are high IQ people cursed in society, because we don't operate on an IQ 95 level?

Attached: 1542345505456.gif (360x270, 1.58M)

Well high IQ guy, here's your high IQ response:

The problem with your central thesis is that you think survival is based only on intelligence, which it isn't. You fail to factor other attributes that are just as decisive for survival and prosperity, like cooperation and utilitarity, loyalty, the ability to inspire, resiliance, creativity and the ability to create, endurance, physical strength and dominance, trade skills, grooming, knowledge (which doesn't come naturally with intelligence), persuasiveness, verbal skills and an ability to communicate, coping mechanism, manners, a taste in arts and culture.

Watch your leaders and you usually will find they have a reasonable mixture of all of these abilities, not just raw intelligence, which, in the absolute worst case, manifests itself in the form of the everdrunk chainsmoking intellectual sitting in his dark room lamenting why nobody else recognises him for the genious that he is (not that I'd personally still would favor this kind of person over an charismatic jerk).

People just lie on here lol

Attached: __shirasaka_koume_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_ekao__87a4a1f15920b760d8cc422c (520x750, 280K)

Intelligence doesn't necessarily lead to social anxiety and an inability to function in modern society. But certain ideas and philosophies that proliferate through society cause a lot of harm, and people already struggling socially that have higher abstract reasoning are ensnared and entrapped by such thinking, especially in their teenage years. At least in the olden days, people that got involved with abstract thought and philosophy were going off religious texts, which in turn gave them hope and bettered themselves. Instead, in modern society, we have these people turning to the internet and the pessimistic nihilism found thereon. This makes them more jaded and cynical, which in turn stunts them further emotionally, which forms a positive feedback loop until they're posting on an incel forum on some dark section of the internet.

Not every intelligent person is one that settles for abstract thinking and self reflection. Comedians are an excellent example of intelligence being utilized in a way that makes one socially successful. And neither is intelligence necessary for one fall into a pattern of abstract thought and self reflection, the dumbshit conspiracy theorists are a perfect example of retards that fall into self destructive patterns due to their inability to utilize proper reasoning and temperance.

I know this is a shitpost thread, but I just wanted to give my honest thoughts on the matter.

Attached: 7564072d0938e13afd9ee6d49ea3aeadfaa6b4ffcae3785ba056f8fd72e578b6.jpg (653x786, 93K)

An IQ of 142 is only supposedly around one in 400-250ish.
There would be a lot of those in the total population given how many people there are.

They're good thoughts, and appreciated.
Intelligence is just a tool really, some people destroy themselves with it and others use it to their betterment.

OP here, that is not true. I took the Stanford-Binet test with a psychologist. I did not take it online or in a non-clinical setting. I clearly lack EQ and wished to discuss it as a negative attribute, however your responses indicate you did not conclude that based on the inductive argument implied in my question.

I truly don't understand the vitriol in your responses without sound reasoning applied to it. It is inductively clear I understand my lack of EQ is an issue, and I want to discuss aforementioned lack of EQ as an issue in my inability to operate with normalfags.

Attached: 13584247_623461551141733_1567079916_n.jpg (600x749, 107K)

>influencing society or creating something new

What do you think you'd find if you gave Abraham Lincoln, Karl Marx, Albert Einstein, Percy Julian, Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, and Mozart IQ tests? You don't think they would skew on the higher side anyway?

Thank you, this is a very helpful response which clearly outlines the areas where I have low competency, such as leadership, etc.

Attached: 580544c6ab5b2e2ae556fbce96345bf4.jpg (600x450, 60K)

you lot are a bunch of retards thinking online iq test . org makes u smart kill yourselves

You're a fucking idiot. That response made no sense. I don't even honk you know what inductive means and instead you just spew it out like a total retard. Also, screenshot the said IQ test and then I'll believe you.

Attached: 1491944339007.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Why does everyone whiteknight for OP when he is an obvious brainlet?

>having simple conversation with people on the other side of the bell curve is pretty easy if you just engage them on obvious topics
It's actually not, because the concepts that you take for granted are completely inexplicable to them. You will always assume that they understood something that they really didn't, and this will happen no matter how much you practice.

Sandro Serranito

u have autism
go study about social interaction
u have high iq, shouldnt be hard
then just fake it till u make it

>Are high IQ people cursed in society, because we don't operate on an IQ 95 level

no u're not. this statement reveals ur narcissism. you think u're better than people because of ur high iq and that is the reason for ur predicament. u do realise there are many people out there with excellent iq AND eq?

what is ur objective? do u want to make more friends? then learn to be less narcissistic, focus less on yourself, listen more about other people. its so simple even 70 iq people can do it. u lack self awareness

From my personal experience I think its the latter point. I`ve seen far more intelligent former classmates having more successful social lives than myself, same applies to those who are bellow me in terms of intelligence.

My guess is that you just dont have the necessary amount of experience needed to excell in normal social situations. Anyways do you like girls with abs? Can I ask why and for you to post more?

>Or am I just an anti-social dumbass who wants desperately to fit in with normies?
/thread

Attached: dead.jpg (600x337, 31K)

My statement clearly makes sense. I don't wish to engage in ad-hominem attacks on the internet. Thank you.

Attached: screen-shot-2016-06-29-at-11-27-20-am.png (600x660, 619K)

High IQ doesn't mean shit. You used that as an excuse to be a recluse and a loser but still act superior. You deserve all your misery you ricky and morty retard

IQ is trying to use a single test to measure all aspects intelligence. Take of that what you will, but it is highly improbable it is perfect since it only measures one aspect of intelligence.

This is pretty much the best advice you can get. I have a similer IQ and this is really the only thing that helps. We're not better than others,just different.

Am ooga booga eat goobers and clarrk an have eeightee IQQ

Attached: 1543247657369.png (645x729, 75K)