Lmao how are you guys still eating meat ? How come the "smartest" people on Jow Forums still eat meat...

lmao how are you guys still eating meat ? How come the "smartest" people on Jow Forums still eat meat ? Aren't you guys supposed to be men of science ? Don't you guys realize there are NO BENEFITS whatsoever in eating meat as opposed to the thousands of actually beneficial alternatives (for the environment and your health.)
I literally boggles my mind that people still try to rationalize eating meat in 2018.

Attached: 1542655941504.png (740x720, 655K)

Other urls found in this thread:

earthjournalism.net/resources/environmental-problems-of-aquaculture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell me why I should not eat fish.

Also eating meat is social think. Change in behavior such as not eating meat is not considered to be good in environment I live in.

Also where the fuck is half of thing you should eat in plants.

Attached: Bigger_bait.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

>anime poster
>boggles
>Jow Forums

Fish don't experience pain in the same way as animals, while it does not justify overexploitation of marine life, it sure does justify the consumption of fish on a moral standpoint. Also while still incredibly harmful to the environment, fish farming isn't even half as harmful as lifestock (who use up most of the world's water and release a metric fuckton of CO2)

Fish farming still has a ton of issues with the enviroment unless you use cages in water/ponds. Keeping a fresh water aquarium running without all the fish dying from disease is already quite hard without using tons of medicine so you can imagine what large scale aquaculture is like. Culturing insects and molluscs is a better idea for now. Apologies for my poor English.

HEIL !

Attached: 1544415094092.jpg (920x571, 148K)

This might be an interesting read, it describes the issues with aquaculture quite well:
earthjournalism.net/resources/environmental-problems-of-aquaculture

>he doesn't destroy the environment for breakfast so he can feel like a real man

>NO BENEFITS
Tastiness, and observing the vegetarians in my life suggests neurological benefits from meat

The idiot american stereotype is literally someone who eats almost exclusively meat for every meal. And they're real.

Correlation =\= causation. Maybe you'd remember that if you weren't suffering from B12 deficiency

Because being a vegetarian for 6 years made me skinny and weak. Meat is delicious and I find it is worth killing animals to obtain.

>Americans

Attached: 1hzgyg.jpg (674x506, 203K)

meat doesn't make you strong by design you absolute mongrel. If you were weak and skinny from eating vegetable it was only because of your retarded diet.

Apart from this question, I highly doubt you could name thousands things to eat.

Sedentary lifestyle and sugar'll do that to you. I'll repeat: I've never met a vegetarian on the right side of the bell curve, and you're not helping their case.

>meat makes you strong and smart
>show that weak and stupid people eat more of it
>"nuh uh, meat people smart, just ignore the dumb ones!"

It depends how you define "things to eat".

You just don't realize how incredibly dumb they'd be without meat. It's obviously the only thing keeping the average IQ as a positive number.

Sweetie you haven't shown shit, you just posted a picture of a fat guy
>durrrr meat did this

Maybe vegetarians are like atheists? The ones that question their own diet and search for truth end up being higher on the bell curve than those that don't even bother.This ultimately means that vegetarians are more likely to have a higher iq, but being vegetarian alone doesn't make you smart.

I rarely eat meat unless it's chicken. Most of the time, my mother ends up making boiled vegetables because its fast to make and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Beef and goat make me want to throw up...

>photographic evidence of someone weak and stupid who we both agree eats a lot of meat
>opposed with "my personal experience is fact and unbiased and allows statements about categories of people"

You've pretty much got it. The stereotype will never be the majority who you don't know is vegetarian/vegan/atheist/gay/whatever because they never bring it up unless it's actually relevant.

>Don't you guys realize there are NO BENEFITS whatsoever in eating meat as opposed to the thousands of actually beneficial alternatives (for the environment and your health.)
what about price and ease of access you fucking baiting faggot

>start eating meat again
>immediately gain weight and feel better
Woah

I'm not saying my personal experiences are unbiased, but study > anecdote > picture of fat guy.

In my personal experience, vegetarians are scattered, unfocused and feelings-centric. I suspect there is an animal-only protein that helps with linear, logical thinking

>price
It's a non-issue if you have any cooking skills and don't want the expensive fake meat stuff.
>ease of access
Unless you live in the arctic, it shouldn't be an issue. If Ethiopians (and not the Starvin' Marvin types) can go vegan for over a third of the year, there's not much of an excuse.

>study > anecdote > picture of fat guy
Are you sure you're not missing this protein for "linear, logical thinking"? Anecdotes are worthless because they only matter and are only trustworthy to you. I can say I went down to the retard convention to support you for leaving the basement, but left when they didn't have any vegetarian options. Does that anecdote mean anything to you? At least we both agree the fat guy exists and eats meat.

>>price
>It's a non-issue if you have any cooking skills and don't want the expensive fake meat stuff.
>>ease of access
>Unless you live in the arctic, it shouldn't be an issue. If Ethiopians (and not the Starvin' Marvin types) can go vegan for over a third of the year, there's not much of an excuse.

>implying i have access to a grocery store and dont just go to the college cafeteria
>implying ethiopians have much to deal with that isnt food
stop projecting your personal situation onto other people

>college cafeteria
A few complaints about how it's colonialist oppression of religions associated with people of color would fix that right up.

No because that's a silly joke anecode that obviously didn't happen. Whereas I can confirm from personal experience that vegetarians uniformly have a subtle brain problem. The only reason we both agree mobilityfag eats meat is because of social signalling, the way we both know this blue haired tub is a vegetarian

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1066, 260K)

>your anecdote is clearly wrong and only exists for an agenda
>my anecdote is real and everyone shares my biased view of my subjective experience
Maybe the "understanding the point" protein is in a vegetable you refuse to eat?

I don't refuse to eat vegatables sweetie, I had a handful of carrots last weekend

I'm glad we can agree on liking long and hard things in our mouths.

>NO BENEFITS whatsoever in eating meat as opposed to the thousands of actually beneficial alternatives
A good diet will have a variety of food. I also prefer meat because it’s packed with protein and I’d rather not use protein powder. 70 cents per pound for chicken with rice meets calorie and protein needs cheap and deliciously. I don’t see why you think people (or /sci/) exclusively eat only meat.

>You eat carrots like I eat cock
The absolute state of vegetarian comebacks

>I don’t see why you think people (or /sci/) exclusively eat only meat.
I've known plenty of people who do eat almost exclusively meat and bread as actual food. And one guy who would forgo the bread and make a sandwich out of just slices of meat with condiments between them.

Of course, I'm the guy who was literally just complaining about anecdotes, but I'm not saying anything more than "they exist".

Sorry if you were that offended by a self-deprecating joke at my expense.

Tbh reminds me of a Breitbart study that showed vegetarianism is a massive predictor of gayness. Why are the two lifestyles so related?

>a Breitbart study
Ironically, political bias is the reason. What side of politics do both those groups tend to be in and which side typically opposes both of them?

>ad hom
give it up, not eating meat is just you being a pussy

It's not "ad hom" to point out one party happens to be very LGBT friendly, environmentalist, and mostly focused on looking like good people, while the other is the opposite. It's an obvious confounding factor before you even bring Breitbart's methodology into question.

>Funny picture is a better argument than a scientific study just because it's in a breitbart journal

>breitbart journal
Is that a real thing they made? Like the "Journal of Unapplied Standards", or what?

t. someone who believes there are more genders than political ideologies

Well eating only veggies is a retarded diet you're right about that

>It's not "ad hom" to point out one party happens to be very LGBT friendly, environmentalist, and mostly focused on looking like good people, while the other is the opposite.
it literally is since youre talking about the people who did the study instead of actual study you fucking retard. Thats the definition of an ad hom
Didnt even ask for the study or try to find it, just started attacking the people who released it

>i do not know what ad hom means but it sounds smart so i'll say it anyway

fits you to a fucking T, you disingenuous cunt

Attached: fuckoff.png (808x237, 39K)

>Science says vegetarians are like 400% more likely to decide to be gay
>probably because republicans are mean

Wew

>saying the right is not big on gays, environmentalists, or virtue signalers, but the left is, is an attack on breitbart and therefore an attack on the person citing breitbart instead of breitbart
Huh? Saying "it's wrong because breitbart" is the genetic fallacy, not an "ad hom", and that's not even involved.

>because republicans are mean
Yes, but you need to think a little bit past that to what that might lead to.

If you don't know what the big words mean, you should try the Simple English Wikipedia version.

Science also says that people who think American political parties are good vs evil are 6000% more likely to be retarded

>genuine discussion is avoided
ie not even talking about the study
>by attacking an attribute of the person making the argument
ie yelling breitbart bad
>rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself
ie not even talking about the study

okay so you're stupid AND paranoid ?
shouldn't you be on /x/ with the other nutcases ?

Those are latin words though

I'm happy you justified my Tuna obsession.

>republicans don't like gays, the environment, or liberal virtue signaling is just an insult instead of explaining why those three things might be correlated in the opposition party
I'm impressed how progressive the right must be now that this is such a grave insult.

Is this also the reason vegetarians are more likely to die from AIDS?

>correlated with being gay
Take a guess.

>science says vegetarianism leads to dying of AIDS
>it's because republicans are meanies

Conservatives hate the environment, which is why they always flock to urban areas

>"are more likely to" becomes "leads to"
You gotta get better bait than this.

Yes, you've discovered a great irony. The people who want to "go green" typically live as far from greenery as possible and the people who invented rolling coal are more likely to spend time in the woods. It's almost like the parties aren't really that deep in these beliefs and a lot of them are just fronts for some corporate interest.

In all seriousness, if you think conservatives "dislike the environment" then your empathy has been damaged by politics. Conservatives don't dislike the environment, they dislike what they see as counterproductive governmental overreach.

Given how they behave about regulation and climate change, they might as well "dislike the environment". They definitely put it after everything else.

Just because you think cheating on your girlfriend shouldn't be illegal doesn't mean you "like cheating". Another analogy: people who graffiti don't just "hate buildings." The idea that anybody actively wants to live in a damaged environment is silly.

I'd say it's fair to say if you think that litter doesn't need to be cleaned up, you don't care about having a clean city. It's not that they always explicitly want to destroy the environment (although again, rolling coal is a thing and it serves no other purpose) through deregulation, but that environmental concerns are far beneath profits, if they're there at all.

All I'm saying is that it's important that both sides can put aside their differences, see each other as actual thinking people instead of strawmen, and agree that being vegetarian makes you way more likely to die of AIDS

It would be nice if we could all get along, definitely.
>being vegetarian makes you way more likely to die of AIDS
Better go vegan instead.

I eat meat, milks cows and feed fools. This is us or the meat user.

Attached: 1540556584-larrypinochet2[1].png (249x187, 62K)

What board did this thread come from?

the environmental "benefits" of switching to a plant based diet are highly exaggerated
a modicum of exercise, avoiding micro-nutrient deficiencies and living a stress-free life have far more healthy benefits than le meme plant diet

I like to eat meat because I think it's yummy.

Attached: 1536021464990.png (334x396, 127K)

Well since we all know this is bait, how about we all just post smug anime girls instead?

Attached: image.jpg (907x718, 200K)

I don't. Looking for a veg weeb gf

Most likely /ck/?