Are we creating a generation of man children?

Are we creating a generation of man children?

>In 2000, just 35 percent of lower-skilled young men in America lived with family. >Now, more than 50 percent of lower-skilled young men live with their parents, and as many as 67 percent of those who are unemployed do so. >More U.S. men aged 18-34 are now living with their parents than with romantic partners

Attached: F0E290DE-9C2B-4E5D-B5B4-6C92D4986AC1.jpg (749x755, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=urZukvTwvfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gqJTMl1F9Wg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes (and it's a good thing).

No reason to work when you can't secure a gf.

Attached: 1524611769332.png (726x779, 106K)

who the fuck would want to live and put up with some bitch to a daily basis, when you can find more joy and happiness from life with vidya and pump and dumping.

this but unironically
fuck the jews and their real state business
>muh y-young people aren't buying starter houses!!!
suck it, goldberg

Not a generation of man-children, but those who just don't care anymore

>Are we creating a generation of man children?
Who cares?

I was being unironic. Nice digits

>create a generation that relies on outlets such as video games to avoid killing themselves or others
>immediately demonize it and use it as a scapegoat instead of actually changing anything for the better
To answer your question yes, but video games are a symptom not a cause.

This.
But it also makes things worse.

They will never ever bring up the fact that female teachers score and treat boys worse then girls in every single corner of academia and how feminized and anti male academia is.

Im a manchild because im autistic and rent is so expensive that even if I could get a job I couldnt move out anyway

>But it also makes things worse.
Yeah for the people in charge, men as a whole are, while not exactly doing great, at least faring far better in this situation happiness wise than women and while this economically will have repercussions for all of us for the foreseeable future these men don't need much to live and can get by with what little they make. If they are happy with their salaries and video games than more power to them.

checked and true
i will not allow myself to get cheated on
i will not financially support someone after a divorce when i was told all of my life that they are my equal
i will most certainly not allow for a potential child i may have to be taken away from me so they can be brainwashed to hate me, all while i send a check every month to support this child, when in reality it's going to pay for a bitches nails and hair to get done.
fuck that.
if you get married you arre a fucking cuck.

Yeah it's being a cuck to think most divorced people are morons and unable to pick the right person. Almost all of my aunts and uncles (10 biological aunts and uncles not including my parents) marriages worked out without divorce and my parents marriage worked out without divorce. None are in an unhappy marriage today. The ones who got divorce did stupid things you can see for 10 miles away or picked an obviously wrong person.

I don't know why I should learn from the experience of morons. It's like not driving because morons decided to drive drunk and die. I'm confident that I'm smarter than the vast majority of people so my chances aren't 50 percent. There's no point in learning from past generations anyways because what's reality for them is inverted for us.

>government study comes out and says that young people aren't spending money because they just make way less money than previous generations
>"uuuuuhhhhhhhhh i bet it was video games. yep that's it it must be video games"

Well...Yeah. I'd rather pretend to have a gf in a videogame than get one in real life. That way I can instantly make them disappear when I inevitably don't want to deal with them anymore.
And that's how everything works really. Eventually your irl self will get "turned off" just like a console or pc and that'll be that.
It doesn't matter which layer of game you play in.

Attached: 39874628.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

I'd buy a house if I could. $75k/year with $40k of student debt doesn't work too well.

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=urZukvTwvfQ
>I'm confident that I'm smarter than the vast majority of people
BLAMBLAMBLAM

Attached: bbb.gif (500x246, 509K)

lmao seriously.
GAMERS RISE UP

How much after taxes? You could pay off 40K pretty quickly if you were just frugal

Why would you want to be an adult? All you're going to hear from baby boomers is "corpus delicti". Adulthood is reserved for the richest faggots that steal and commit the worse crimes against the lower class. They just pay other people to do most of the dirty work for them.

Real life taught me this. Seriously look at the average person and tell me they aren't mentally deficient. Yet I somehow must believe statistics aren't within our control. If we fear everything then nothing gets done. It's like not starting a business just because statistics say most fail. It's called proper planning for events and future pitfalls. It doesn't mean you don't do it.

Not my fault that I'm ugly, socially retarded and fucked by shitty childhood

Attached: chX3pFbK_yZyR_bvL66konU55Ydr5_w0G0FNyU7_67U.jpgwidth483autowebpsc85b41ccb02af1e317271cb0e16174a4c674 (483x305, 34K)

The man who wrote the article states that living in the real world is somehow better than vidya all day, but he never says why. It feels like he's only saying that because "everyone else does it, so of course it's the right thing".

>harder to buy or rent a living space
>harder to get a relationship
>no sense of community
>mass individualism just promotes doing what you want although most people just end up doing the same repetitive shit for easy happiness
It's no wonder why things are the way they are today.

About $50k. My rent is $850 a month. Would love some tips. Right now I have 2k in checking, and 8k in savings. I'm not sure if I should just keep a small balance in effort to pay the loans as quickly as possible or keep savings in case I get fired/laid off. I wish I lived with my parents, otherwise this would be piss easy :(

Bro this post is awesome check em and based posting.

>men as a whole are, while not exactly doing great, at least faring far better in this situation happiness wise than women
Ha make suicide rates are the highest.
Stop defending women.

It's not individualism that's promoted, it's massive group think. Look at the social media hivemind and tell me they are individual. They attack and reeeee en masse if you slightly disagree.

I wonder if anyone's concerned about the men who are supporting themselves but have no interest in society.

everyone has problems and anything can happen, fren, but good luck to you, honestly. and if you do get cheated on or financially fucked in the end, you cant get mad.

They are concerned but not for the men. They are concerned about how their lack of drive affects the economy.

>Are we creating a generation of man children?
Of course. Anime, video games, and various forms of entertainment have all skyrocketed in popularity. People constantly cling onto these hobbies well into adulthood now, and there are even people who make a living and center their entire lives talking about this stuff, like anime youtubers. Technology has made all these things instantly accessible and in unlimited amounts. And there's no need to talk to anyone since that can be replaced via the internet and social media. There's no need to learn hands on skills or do physical things outside like men used to do since entertainment is more pleasurable. Then there's the fact that meme culture and not wanting to be a normie has also become common and mainstream (look at how many youtubers have Pepe avatars). Life is just too comfortable for people living in the first world now, and as the saying goes, good times create weak men. Can't really blame people for adopting this kind of lifestyle.

>to learn hands on skills or do physical things outside like men used to do since entertainment is more pleasurable.
Modern life isn't just compatible with hobbies of yesteryear.
Do I wish I could be a woodworker, have a bandsaw, lathe, etc.? Fuck yes, I do. But I don't make enough money, and I can only afford to rent. Having a workshop just ins't practical for a lot of people

that's what I meant, they don't realize they're losing men's value on multiple fronts. even if they want to work to join society it's not necessarily going to be to buy a house and take part in the economy by dating and raising a family.

I can get mad because I have a right to think whatever I want. No one can tell me not to. Also cheaters reveal themselves before marriage typically or are the girls who sleep around with everyone. You need to be together for years before marriage to test compatibility. Then you can dump whoever you would have divorced anyways. It's called abundance mentality. Men have all the time in the world to find the one.

Video Games aren't the cause, they are the coping mechanism.

The real reasons are that housing and cost of living have ballooned while wages have stagnated, and people without college degrees are competing for the same dead end jobs that people with degrees are competing for.

Exactly
oriibnala

You don't realize lots of guys live at home to frugally save so they can buy an entire house and car outright in their 30s.

I don't understand how the hell many americans do not get to live with a partner (in a romantic relationship of course) or say it's a disadvantage.
Probably I'm wrong, I'm a foreigner in the US, but the people that comes from my country, being WAY poorer and with WAY less opportunities and legal security, manage to have a family and maintain a healthy (of course, with some exceptions). I think there's a problem with the mentality of the common american then, probably because the high level of life they usually have.

my grandparents, most who had to drop out of school at 8th grade, bought their first houses for like two grand, with 8th grade educations

my parents, most of who were high school drop outs or who just barely passed, bought their houses for 20 grand,

i have college degree, have people tying to twist my arm to go to Grad school, NOT HAPPENING, no fuckin way. a Cheap house where i live: $250,000 grand. It s somehow my fault.

the media can suck my stank asshole

Oh, and the best job i can get is making $15 an hour. i have no idea who is buying houses here, i cant.

dont even get me started on women. The Chad thing isnt a meme, that shit is all true. 3/10 women think they deserve male models

You really think most losers in America or robots and 4channers can get a girlfriend? Now think of how many of them that get a girlfriend but just settle for the first shitty girl that gives them attention.

>It's not individualism that's promoted
It is.
>Look at the social media hivemind and tell me they are individual.
It's essentially youtube.com/watch?v=gqJTMl1F9Wg
For the absolute best example, there's pic related, which as far as I know was done 100% seriously. She chooses to be an individual and pursue her hobbies and interests, of course, she does this by purchasing mass media and merchandise. The Powers that be, or if you prefer, (((the powers that be))) have mastered the art of playing people and influencing spending habits and social trends without the retarded masses realizing they are being played. SO yes, it is creating a hivemind, but it does so by playing into everyone's innate selfishness and telling them that's good.

Attached: why im antisocial.jpg (500x483, 32K)

It's individualistic in nature though in that you're not encouraged to sacrifice any personal happiness for a group or any other kind of larger purpose.

>i have no idea who is buying houses here, i cant.
Nobody is.
They are mostly buying houses they can't afford on credit, then will declare bankruptcy and do it again

The other groups are people who already have one gorillion dollars, who are investing in some real estate to rent out to the first group.

Uhh no I guess I hadn't realized that guys were making financially retarded decisions like that considering housing prices are going up. What is your source?

I don't believe in sacrificing rights for the group. Social media tells you to give up beef, cars, and many other things in the name of global warming. It tells you to give up everything for these leftist social causes. Even sacrifice science and language to accommodate LGBTQ.

Hell, if american men and women do not get in relationships there's a problem in their life/relationship idiosyncracy. And then comes the depression, the anxiety, and the hobbies to cope everything (videogames, anime, etc)

>financially retarded decisions like that
What's financially retarded about staying at home instead of wasting money on rent that is only a temporary (in theory) dwelling?

it seems men don't naturally do the consumerism as status thing well. They seem more content to please what needs to be pleased than "appear normal." So if there is little to be gained from operating in this funky superficial channel the culture finds itself in, men will always reach for the low-hanging fruit; they just define contentment differently I suppose

bottom line: men are required to receive at least some decent pussy to operate in a way that benefits the greater good, until then they're not very big on "keeping up appearances," ya know?

Attached: 1542870484523.jpg (500x347, 153K)

Fucking based bruder.

Women become the wine aunt that tries to be hip and cool and everyone thinks is a loser because the biological clock ticks and they keep getting cats but think it's okay because they went on a wine tour in California once.

Men become social outcasts and sink into depression playing video games and watching anime all day, never really moving up in their career.

i know what you're sayin

These retards never heard of correlation and effect apparently. What the fuck do you think a person with lots of free time is going to do? Play video games, watch television and movies. Its obviously an effect not a cause. But thats not going to get your shitty literally who "news" website any clicks or views, is it?

Property taxes, insurance, interest payments, maintenance costs, utilities etc are all wasted money. Renting a place isn't wasting money, it's a place to live. I agree having equity in a home is great and an awesome idea but sometimes it's better to rent because it gives you flexibility, you can pick up and move whenever and you're not tied down. Houses are great when you have roots and a family or a strong career.

>I can get mad because I have a right to think whatever I want
i'm pretty sure that was a figure of speech, but ok, im the mentally deficient autist here lol
>You need to be together for years before marriage to test compatibility
if you want to spend, or otherwise waste years of your life just to test compatibility, then go right ahead, but i think that's a bit of a stupid investment.
>Men have all the time in the world to find the one
correction, they have all the time to waste searching for "the one". IF you really think there is a "one", then i'm sorry that you were brainwashed by hollywood ideals of what romance should be like. it's by chance that you find someone who at least has a bit of decency to not fuck you over.

>correlation and effect
that's not a saying, esl

Yes, it's always encouraging you to give them things, but what it doesn't ask for is discipline and time/effort expended working towards a common good with a group that will care for you in turn.

Well no shit.
It's not even manchildren (which absolutely sounds like a term used by entitled white bitches who don't contribute shit either) it's a generation of disenfranchised males.
The cost of living is going up like a rocket while wages are stagnant. When you land that average job you quickly realize all your shit goes to rent and bills. That doesn't make for a lot of incentive. Then you get to mix in the shit show that is romance and holy fuck, why even grind away in misery just to be miserable when you can stay at home with people who 100% love you and have spending money to do shit you like such as video games.

Oh I thought you were referring to staying with your parents until you could afford your own place.

I feel less alone thanks OP

Attached: 1497258638887.png (633x758, 34K)

I don't know why people still see things like excessive indulgence in anime and video games as the cause of the problem, rather than a symptom. When things are bad, people descend into escapism, it's not exactly anything new to this current generation, other than the fact that there's more of it and it's easier to access.

They don't like anime or video games, and they're trying to justify their dislike of them.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ARENT THE GOYIM BUYING OUR OVERPRICED HOUSING OR WORKING OVERTIME IN OUR FACTORIES?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY HAVE NO MONEY OR DRIVE IN LIFE? TAKE AWAY THEIR ONLY ESCAPES THAT WILL TEACH THESE SLAVES TO DEFY MOLOCH.

Fucking BASED millennials publicly executing subhuman boomers.

Attached: 1537470098598.gif (480x270, 253K)

I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Attached: C.S. Lewis.png (1682x710, 830K)

i've wondered is that why millennials get such a bad rep from the media is due to them finding alts and not buying into big corp. ie, lets make meat that you can grow without killing and could eventually help needy people.
FUCK NOOOO MY 300 BILLION INDUSTRY.

You could be right. I always thought that the millennial hate was stemmed from a dislike of the younger generations by the older, the same kind that's always existed since the beginning of time. However, media nowadays, in order to cater to boomers, takes all the boomers' negative views on millennial and reinforces them.

You are actually correct. Millennials are killing industries solely on the virtue of being dirt poor and not being completely retarded with their money like boomers were.
Of course these industries will collapse and continue to blame shift on anyone but themselves for failing to adapt.
The mass influx of foreign labor into the US will keep the economy stable for a while but it will be only a matter of time before these foreigners no longer want to be second class citizens and want to live like the first world libtards who let them in to the country. Then they will realize that they can't, and they were lied to by corporate entities simply looking for cheaper labor to keep their pyramid scheme going. This is the secret truth behind the "world without borders" agenda. Once people have no national identity they are far easier to dehumanize and control.

Attached: 1539221522918.jpg (1446x2048, 396K)

Is the text to the right of the loli supposed to be some sort of fantasy language? It doesn't look like any language I know of, so that's what I'm assuming. Also, why are her eyes all weird? Still cute, I guess.

I'm Millennial but I'm not eating lab grown meat because I'm not risking it. They just want the poor and middle class and to accept a low standard of living. I reject the values of my own generation and reject the values of the older generation. Give me my high living standards or I'll give you hell. Tiny homes are another meme to make us accept low living standards.

millenials are an age group from 18-40. fuck off retard

>moved in with friend and split rent, 300 a month
>have plenty of vidya and fast internet to keep me entertained
>bought a real doll in September, fuck/cuddle with it when I feel like
Call me a manchild if ya want, I have no need for a GF in this day and age

Attached: 1512704999469.gif (258x258, 1.97M)

Ideals are worth having. They have two choices, either love me for who I am or get out of the way. My standards are high and they have to meet them. It's not wasting time. Sitting around lonely is wasting time.

>yet another shitty news article mistaking correlation with causation
I'm sure they know they're doing it too. The actually annoying thing is that a ton of people reading this shit won't.

>tfw worthless NEET because other human beings, even my own family, make me nervous and uncomfortable no matter how much I condition myself to be around them
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Blame feminism because more women are in the workplace taking the jobs those men would normally have.

Aren't they essentially accomplishing the same things simply through being frugal that hippies in the 60's tried and failed miserably to accomplish through the "free love" movement?

Based and blackpilled
Retarded and bluepilled.

She's a character from Made in Abyss. It is a fantasy language I believe.
And? What did I say that was wrong?
This desu
I have no problem with memes like lab meat or tiny houses myself but I do think they are just slave conditioning to prepare us for global overpopulation.

Attached: 1542371139037.png (1250x1404, 274K)

bulllshit. Millenials are 25 to 40 at youngest. Pretty much pushing 30. You have to remember 9/11. Younger than that you get tide pod kiddos.

No you're retarded. You don't hold anyone to your standards then expect to be respected. That's not how life works. Make your standards clear from the beginning. Either they love you genuinely or you dump them. I hope everyone in my life to my standards. I ditch people who don't meet my values.

My family is proof love exists. Why are my experiences less valuable than the experiences of others?

>if you don't werk we'll take you games
Hilarious. Do you really think it will (((work?)))

It's a salty scare tactic.

I doubt pump and dumping feels much better than jerking off. I'd rather wait for someone that cares about me, either way.

Millennial means the age of the campus SJWs with blue hair and who are all genderfluid or trans or sexually fluid and advocate for communism and join Antifa. 40 is how old the younger aunts and uncles of Millennials are.

Still retarded and bluepilled.

Where is your ideology gonna lead other than dying without doing a thing you want because of fear?

I'm curious what games these faggots are playing because newer vidya have been fucking shit lately.

They could just play old vidya. Or maybe they like new vidya, I dunno. One of my friends says red dead redemption 2 is good, but I haven;t played it myself so I can't say anything.

i couldnt be the only one to notice that most movies, most TV outside a few shows hidden around pay TV, and Most games have gone to shit, and

started to wonder if this was some deliberate thing to jolt us back into the bullshit. ie stop making escapism good enough that it is preferable to reality

>because newer vidya have been fucking shit lately.
Eyup

Attached: 20181216_230115.jpg (2048x1152, 717K)

Wow.

FD
fds

Why do you give a shit? I could die in the next 5 seconds and it wouldn't make any difference. Therefore why complain if I play videogames?

Attached: Big Think.jpg (480x440, 140K)

Mostly entertaining my ego with whatever multiplayer games that are still active and interest me, these are very sad times for games desu

I just play the arcade mode of SF2 & SF4. And then I mix in CSGO (casual) when I feel the need to socialize.
I'm definitely drawn to games that take you on an adventure. Things like Mass Effect, CoD MW1-3, Arkham Asylum/City, Dark Souls kinda. I've also been playing MTGA recently but I'm totally F2P and dont have good decks so I just dabble with it.

That might be true but not in my case. I know that I'm to blame for my own mediocrity.

I doubt it. I think it's just companies realizing they can make the same amount of money on the entertainment they make with less effort, so they're trying to minimize effort in order to maximize profit. You see this with rap, especially modern rap. I don't listen to rap often, but it's obviously the perfect commercial music. all one has to do is compose a small five-second long snippet of music, and loop it over and over again. Then, write often-nonsensical lyrics to go with the music. A lot of times, the lyrics include blatant product placement, which adds another way to boost profitability while reducing the effort put into the music. I' not saying all rap music is like that, because I don't really listen to rap much. However, I am saying that a ton of rap is, and zoomers eat it up.

Get a load of this windbag.

There might be something to it. Entertainment and even the internet has gotten so bad real life is now preferable. Now I finally have the motivation to grow up because the escapism isn't there anymore.

explain Fallout 76. they are deliberately doing bad jobs to drive us away from our hobbies.

I saw a famous political guy on TV a couple years ago say the government was aware that about 50+ million men were out of the work force, they were worried, and would take steps to address it:

media/ gaming went to shit; biggest crack down on escorts in recent memory, demonizing Neets, demonizing incels, etc...

Paranoia man.

Put down the weedle dee deed and realize that the obvious truth is normalfaggots are retarded but the majority. If you want money, you please the majority despite it's horrible taste.

You sound like black people whining about how black kids are treated in school. Stop complaining faggot