Hikikomori General Thread

This thread is for people who are withdrawn from society and don't leave their bedrooms or one room apartments for very long periods at a time.

What have you hiki people been up to?

>Hikikomori

>The term hikikomori is a Japanese word that when translated into English means pulling inward being confined acute social withdrawal in context of a person the term refers to a shut-in who does not leave the room they withdraw themselves up into in the house they live in such as their bedroom inside their parents house or one room apartment for very long periods often for months or years at a time however contrary to popular belief some hikikomori go outside but only for necessities or emergencies

>Most hikikomori are neets and are supported by their parents or get money from the government however if you work or take classes online at home while still not going outside you are still a hikikomori but not a neet

>The Hikikomori Criteria and Diagnosis

>1. Spending most of the day and nearly everyday confined to home
>2. A marked and and persistent avoidance of social situations and social relationships
>3. Social withdrawal symptoms causing significant functional impairment
>4. A duration of at least six months
>5. No apparent physical or mental etiology to account for the social withdrawal symptoms

People who go to work school or have a social life are not hikikomori.

Attached: hikikomori232.jpg (750x500, 87K)

You're not a Hikki and need to stop making these threads just because you like the attention, it's disgusting. You go outside to see your gf regularly, you are NOT a hikki.

>however contrary to popular belief some hikikomori go outside but only for necessities or emergencies
This wasn't in the original quote from Wikipedia, you're pathetic, I bet you even changed the article to reflect this.

Wikipedia is not a credible source and i wasn't quoting it you stupid faggot.

>You're not a Hikki and need to stop making these threads just because you like the attention, it's disgusting. You go outside to see your gf regularly, you are NOT a hikki

LOL i am definitely not that user.

Huh, well I'm glad you included an explanation of what that term means; funnily enough, I used to be that kind of person in my early 20s. Now, in my late 20s, I'm not as bad as I was but I don't maintain many friendships and rarely talk to my family. I work and go to school, both full-time. Hoping to move out of my city/state once I graduate. I recently quit smoking weed (buying quantity for myself at least) and still drink (sometimes heavily).

I don't mind being alone but I definitely feel like I'm wasting the "fun years" of my life.

How did you break out of it user?

This dude in the picture has a pc with a large monitor, a queen size mattress, and even a bag of chips. What the fuck is he sad about?

I don't talk to anyone outside of work or uni classes

your move, OP

>This dude in the picture has a pc with a large monitor, a queen size mattress, and even a bag of chips. What the fuck is he sad about?

Hikikomori are usually sad deep down because they desire social interaction but are too socially retarded to fit in society which is why these guys quit life.

>I don't talk to anyone outside of work or uni classes

Doesn't matter you're still not a hikikomori if you regularly leave the house you are not a hikikomori a hikikomori is always a neet unless they work or take classes online at home.

Well, like the description entails, I was a NEET in an apartment paid for by my dad from 20-23, then ran out of money and moved back home with my mom and stepdad from 23-26. I'm about to turn 27 in Feb and have been living in my new apartment since mid October. Been back in uni since beginning of 2017. Recently "celebrated" one year employment at this bank I work at. I only have one friend, who I met when I was first in college back when I was 18, but he moved 9hrs away about two years ago.

I was very outgoing in my teens. I don't like to keep many friends anymore. I find it hard to get invested in other people's bullshit (some might say I'm selfish, but I'd call it self-aware more than anything).

Attached: 84459888.png (272x262, 135K)

>I don't like to keep many friends anymore. I find it hard to get invested in other people's bullshit

Same here

>This dude in the picture has a pc with a large monitor, a queen size mattress, and even a bag of chips. What the fuck is he sad about?

Depression

let me guess, you watched welcome to the nhk for the first time THIS YEAR
fucking lmao
get the fuck off this board poser, you don't fit in no matter how hard you try to
let me guess, you also piss in bottles like the funny frog mee mees

Fuck off fag i am not larping kill yourself also NHK is shit.

stop calling yourself a hikkikomori , you aren't japanese
you're a shut in

You don't have to only be Japanese to be a hikikomori and the phenomenon doesn't only exist in Japan.

I'm a hiki but mostly because of my schizophrenia. People hate me and I cannot fit in anywhere so I just stay in my room.

>cannot relate to other humans
>rs acc got unbanned so new quest to ultimate neetdom

a hikkikomori is a shut in
you are a shut in
stop using japanese words to describe yourself

Do some research hikikomori was added to the english dictionary in 2010 also terms like shut in hermit and recluse have completely lost their original meaning.

>I'm a hiki but mostly because of my schizophrenia.

By the Japanese definition and criteria you can't be mentally ill prior to withdrawing from society mental illness can not be the main reason or only reason for the withdrawal.

>5. No apparent physical or mental etiology to account for the social withdrawal symptoms

>The psychiatrist Tamaki Saito defines hikikomori as a state that has become a problem by the late twenties that involves cooping oneself up in ones own home and not participating in society for six months or longer, but that does not seem to have another psychological problem as its principal source

>People hate me and I cannot fit in anywhere so I just stay in my room.

Can relate

Always wanted to be a hikikomori/neet except I was always in high school or uni. Attended the absolute minimum that I needed to otherwise stayed home. Stayed home all weekened, all holidays long.

Then spent a year being a NEET but it was lonely and depressing as fuck. Wanted anything to get me out of that situation.

Now I work in Japan as an elementary school teacher, it's fucking exhausting, isolating and I just want to be a NEET again.. But I'm making money and I can stay home the rest of the day so fuck it.

Maybe the real solution to being a hiki is to just force yourself to work and be a shut in outside of that.

>Always wanted to be a hikikomori/neet except I was always in high school or uni

No you don't the lifestyle is depressing.

it's actually not, it is only if you haven't lived on the other side.
wrote this. Just my experience.

What are some good hiki forums or chat-rooms?

>What are some good hiki forums or chat-rooms?

There aren't any all hiki forums and chat rooms are full of introverts with jobs and who go to school and mentally ill recluses who are just stuck inside their big entire house in general.

Then what are the names of the bad ones?

The owner of this thread himself engages in chat rooms and has one of his own. I'll let you connect the dots

>The owner of this thread himself engages in chat rooms and has one of his own.

I used to but not anymore i left the western hiki community because most of the people in that community are faggots and i can not relate to anyone.

do drugs count as hikki neccesities??

i dont really socialize, sometimes my dealer will offer me a bowl so it doesn't look sketchy like im just walking in and walking out.

does that make me not hikki??

are u saying that you left discord?

>are u saying that you left discord?

Yes

>do drugs count as hikki neccesities??

Sure why not.

I would've believed that if i didn't knew any better :)

>I would've believed that if i didn't knew any better :)

Discord is for normalfags gunjy i never liked it anyway.

>Then what are the names of the bad ones?

All are bad except for the one i was running but mine got too popular and eventually even faker found their way in so i said fuck it and left the hiki community.

His life sounds like shit i don't blame him for being a Neet.