Getting in shape for police academy in 3 months

Dear Jow Forums I know nothing about fitness or working out but I applied for my local police academy and took the PT entry test.

>Test #1: Upper Body Strength - Number of Push-Ups in 1 Minute - Minimum 15 Repetitions
>Test #2: 1.5 Mile Run 15:14 (Minutes:Seconds)
>Test #3: 300 Meter Run 71 Seconds
>Test #4: Muscular Endurance - Number of Sit-Ups in 1 Minute - Minimum 27 Repetitions

I passed everything with the minimum and on the runs I did 14 minutes for the mile and a half and 68 seconds for 300 meters.

I work 5 days a week at night and I don’t know what to do to get better at these things.

All the PT instructor said to do was work out every other day (just bodyweight exercises like push ups I guess) and make sure I’m running at least 5 days a week.

The only days I can’t work out are Sunday and Friday.

Can you please give me advice on how to pick what body weight exercises to do on what days and how I should be practicing running to get better?

Attached: FDBDA546-8717-4318-89D3-6AE739568ECB.jpg (270x186, 7K)

This is fucking sad. I'm guessing muni police.

Run 2 miles a day. Shoot for 18 minutes every day. You'll get your max up slowly but surely. Then work on extending the run at that pace.

Buy a pull-up bar and hang it by your bathroom. Do as many as you can each time you piss.

Wake up every morning, hit the deck and do as many pushups as you can. Then do them again at lunch. Then again at dinner. Then before bed.

Do crunches on the same schedule.

Everything else should follow.

I'd recommend you start actually lifting too. Most of the other cops do. FWIW, these are laughable standards. I'm 215lbs at 5'10" and can hit this easily right now.

Start exercising.

I’m sorry it’s sad, please be more gentile, I appreciate the advice I really do.

When you say run 2 miles a day should I just try to run as fast as I can as long as I can and then just hang in there the rest of the way?

I’ll buy the pull up bar and follow the push up schedule you said but there are some days where I’m at my job for 16 hours so I can work out at all around lunch/dinner, is there some way I can just skip doing it on some days or possibly do all my excercisig in one setting a day for the days I can work out?

Jesus I didn't know the pt requirements were so low for police.

are amerifats really this weak?

Just do push-ups, sit ups, and do sprint intervals. A mile and a half is short enough distance that you don't need to specifically train endurance.

When I was training for a fitness test (FBI; I failed at final interview like the socially inept shut-in that I am), I'd do a quarter mile at a fast pace (not quite a sprint), then cruise a quarter mile at a comfortable run. I'd do this four to six times. You can throw in dedicated sprint workouts (Tabata is good) once a week for good measure. My single mile time was under 6 minutes, and my two mile was below 13. My 1.5 mile under FBI protocol (events back to back without rest, run follows 300m sprint) was 11:30. My 300m was 43 seconds. This was in my early 30's (I'm a loser Boomer)

You're not sad; the requirements are.

Run 2 miles at a ten minute mile pace. Every day. Then up that to 3. Then 4. Keep going up. You'll be able to push yourself later.

As for everything else, just do it whenever you can. It's not that complicated.

But can you pass the polygraph? They specifically ask if you've ever crossdressed.

Municipalities don't usually polygraph. Staties do. Friend failed his poly because he admitted to doing coke a few years ago. Should've lied.

He's a cop now.

>>Test #1: Upper Body Strength - Number of Push-Ups in 1 Minute - Minimum 15 Repetitions

holy shit what state do you live in, thanks for the laffs

Attached: 1545401183369.jpg (587x662, 158K)

Friend of mine failed because he said underage drinking wasn't as big of a deal as street racing.

Where about do you live?
I specifically have to try out for poor places so they don't have the cash to polygraph.

Lol. Buddy said he hasn't given an arrest to anything other than pure dickheadery yet. The group chat keeps calling him a narc. Keeps him honest.

Pennsylvania. He's in a medium population area.

Hm interesting. Do you think it's easier to find work in PA or Ohio? Gotta choose one or the other for self sponsorship in the academy cuz my retard state makes you get sponsored by a department first.

That's cake compared to what I'm gunning for. I take a PFT for academy entrance in exactly two weeks, on the 30th. The requirements to pass are the following:
- 300m sprint in at least 62.1 seconds
- 93% one-rep max bench
- 1 minute of sit-ups, minimum of 35 to pass
- 1.5 mile run in at least 13 minutes 29 seconds

As of right now I can bench 140 (I weigh 145, I'm tall and lanky), do 45-50 sit-ups in a minute, and run the 1.5 mile in 11 minutes 30 seconds. My only grey area is the 300m. Last time I timed myself on the track, I ran it in 60 seconds flat. Passing, but barely. I'm hitting sprint exercises hard for the next 1 and a half weeks, recovering the two days prior to the test, and going all out. I'm incorporating squats, lunges, and leg extensions. My sprinting form is complete shit (I strike the ground around the arch of my feet) and I don't swing my arms much so I'm hoping those changes help a bit.

I hear that if you're borderline during training, you'll pass the test 99% of the time due to adrenaline. Is this true? Does anyone have any first-hand experience with that?

Attached: id_like_to_talk_to_you_about_power.png (620x981, 951K)

Not him but PA is in a bit of a vulnerable spot right now. They can't fill positions, and they can't keep employees. 27% of the departments in the state say it's hard to fill their open positions. A decade ago it was only 5% saying that. Older guys are retiring and new blood isn't filling their vacancies. If you have the drive, PA is ripe for a cadet.

Good God these are low. I'm trying to join my States Air Guard in TACP and our minimum is:
40 pushup
50 sit ups
1.5 mile in 10:30
8 pullups

What are SWAT requirements?

Attached: 1449119788790.jpg (4500x3004, 2.2M)

Your requirements aren't much different than mine. The ones I posted are for entrance into the academy, not graduation.

Do Police have to maintain these standards?

The standards I posted for academy entrance, yes. They test every year (supposedly).
For graduation the goals change to:
- 300m sprint in 56 seconds
- 35 push-ups in a minute
- 40 sit-ups in a minute
- 1.5 mile run in 11 minutes 59 seconds

None of that is particularly hard, but it's a one-and-done thing. If you pass, your yearly goals drop back down to the academy entrance goals.

I find it hard to believe they test every year, though. I see tons of heavier cops.

This. My gym is in Philly and literally has flyers to sign up for the force. They advertise $60k a year and benefits.

What is sprint interval training and how does that help you with the mile and a half?

you gonna need a montage

oooh it takes a montage

in anything if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro you need a montage

Bump

Dont kill yourself training too hard and breaking something
Alternate between-
A. 3 sets of pushups, situps and pullups
B. 2-3 miles of moderate running
Make it a little harder every week
Slow and steady wins the race

How many in each set of push ups pull ups and sit ups and how many days a week?

Hi OP. The police academy does a lot of CrossFit type stuff and also long runs. By the end of the academy you will probably have to run 7-8 miles.

Three days strength, two days running i guess

A good ruke of thumb is 70-80% of your max each set.
So of you can do 20 pushups max do 3 sets of 14-16
If you can do 5 pullups max do 3 sets of 4

Not OP but also getting in shape for the Police Academy this summer. Pretty excited but also nervous. Anybody been through and have any words of wisdom?

It's true for most people as long as you're not a pussy quitting bitch by nature. I blew my personal bests out of the water on test day

Who cares honestly? You're signing up to sit in a squad car while you're not murdering, raping, kidnapping, and stealing...none of that takes much fitness...

I'm trying for ATF or FBI. They want 40situps and 40push ups in 1 min each. How can people do them that fast? Also I failed a poly because the poly deemed that I declassified information. But I never dealt with classified info so I think it was because I was changing jobs to fast.

FBI special agent is 70 push-ups nonstop for minimum score.