Daily climbing shill threads

daily climbing shill threads

asks questions, get butthurt about hippies climbers, talk about you sick inflated V6 that would be a V1 outdoor

Attached: big_thumb_7609_coaching2-01.png (972x475, 619K)

How do i protect the tendons in my fingers when getting into those fingie and crimp holds?
Also, what are some good online resources for learning and getting better? I've plateaued for 6 months now

keep wrists inline with forearm is really all you can do. and take ibuprofen if you have an injured finger. if you’ve plateaued, and you only boulder, climb routes as well. and vice versa.

f i n g e r b o a r d

Open crimp. never do fullcrimps on small edges or incut crimps, or generally anything until you are absolutely sure your tendons will handle it...
You can however, train your fingers by moving without stressing them (softball, playdough stuff like that) and light hangboarding; medium edges 10sec hold 50sec pause, 6x/set, 3-4 sets, just dont overdo it and stop if it hurts even just slightly

t.ripped tendons on middlefinger

f i n g e r m e

enjoy no gains

full crimp everything because it's the strongest grip, no weakness allowed

That pic looks like a virgin vs chad meme

tendons take months, even years to heal (if ever).

Enjoy nogains while recovering from snap city

did you actually rip a tendon or was it a A2 pulley tear

which is true, CHADS climbers seldomly use feet

You should definitely strengthen every different grip style. It's crazy to not train fullcrimp and then "use it only when you have to, and only outside!!", that's when injuries happen.

I have been climbing for 6 years and only had a one minor finger injury which happened on a slab with open hand.

If you systematically make all finger positions strong, you're less likely to injury them. If you don't train full crimps, it's likely that you will injure yourself when you suddenly do it out of the bushes.

Fuck off.

Don't even dare touching the fingerboard in your first year. That's how you fuck up your tendons.

>learning and getting better?
Just climb more. If your gym offers classes get into one. Watch people that are better than you and ask for advice.

I want to add some weight training into my routine on days that I don't climb. Are typical strength building programs fine or should I be doing something tailored to climbing?

It would help if you described why you want to train with weights. Aesthetics? Just for the fun of it?

If you want to be first and foremost a climber, you'll need to give up on leg days. If you can walk up stairs, your legs are strong enough to climb. Aside from that, doing some chest and tris wouldn't hurt as antagonist training.

I feel weak as shit. A lot of the strength-based moves are very difficult for me. Better aesthetics wouldn't be bad either.

And how would you feel if I told you that lifting won't hurt, but if your goal is to improve in climbing, you're mostly wasting your time and recovery.

If being weak is your main problem, you probably climb +v10? Because otherwise climbing well using different kind of holds and styles is best strength workout for climbing.

Not who you replied to, but damn. I was thinking about starting weight training again (been just climbing for a month or so now and before that was on a break from the gym) and just doing benchpress, overhead press, and squatting, and some extra tricep/chest exercises. Mostly for aesthetics, but also to be healthy. Is this smart? I'm not trying to be the beat climber, but I'd still like to be able to improve at a good rate.

why would anyone be proud of v6 lmao op climb more

Wrist curls, weighted dips & pull ups for low reps, one arm lock off

whatever the fuck else you wanna do

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Dis cord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc.
Self improvement, nofap, powerlifting, fraud (steroids), martial arts, current body thread, injury prevention, etc.
We also have some fun channels like memes.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!

dis cord (dot) gg / v3wR7nr

t. climber of juggy V6 from at the gym