/fat/ Look into the thermic effects on metabolism

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lazy roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: 1508568103986.png (1000x1000, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/the-true-story-of-a-man-who-survived-without-any-food-for-382-days
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CONFESS

Attached: 1497482549131.png (1229x1160, 58K)

4 beers and 3 shots of tequila

Attached: khgfvtj.jpg (700x700, 31K)

I took advice from the last thread and started to eat properly. This was my breakfast today.

Attached: 20190316_070738.jpg (4032x2268, 2.49M)

I am 5’7 and 300 pounds. I am the Chinese hacker known as Jow Forums.

Oh so hairdryer poster is also fiber one chronometer poster.

imagine being fat when all you have to do is stop eating.
lmao. pathetic.

>Cookie dough
The sacrifices you're making for gains is phenomenal.

Posted this in the last thread, but it was literal minutes from dying, so:

Started a 24 hour fast at 12am EST. I have 13 hours left. The urge to eat is strong, but I'm avoiding food like the plague.

M5'8 - 191lb
Finally found a new gym after months of not working out. Practically back to where I started. Gym has a wall full of gay inspirational quotes, but one of them stuck with me.
>"Finish what you started"
Hell yeah. We're all going to make it bros.

Anyone else have this where their weight stays same for few days and then drop but clearly losing fat all the time?

Attached: paino3.png (784x572, 34K)

I've been using ephedra and caffeine on an empty stomach in the morning in combination with timing my macroes throughout the day. Carbs before workouts, carbs and protein after workout, protein and fat right before bed with my multivitamin, and a two large salads during the day (just spinach onions and peppers). Along with that I've been getting at least an hour of cardio daily, and I've had time for two lifting sessions this week, I'm hitting my third session of the week today after cardio. I know the strength routine seems minimal but hear me out, I'm a rower, so I only need to worry about maintaining my upper body, since my cardio sport keeps my legs big for me. In terms of looks maxxing, I've been using plastic wrap around my man boobs and love handles to help stimulate blood flow over night and increase metabolic activity. I've been doing nofap, I only cum when its with a girl. I've also been mewing and practicing my push swallow on top of keeping ice cubes in my cheeks to create fat cell death over a period of time. Logging my sleep, avoiding stress, losing weight and chewing gum has improved my facial structure a lot. Hopefully by summer my body fat percentage will be low, and my infant swallowing muscles will me atrophied enough that my cheek bones will show more than they already do. Oh my macroes day to day as as follows: P-120/200 g (depending on my workouts) C-187 (also variable if I have a big cardio day) F-40. Forgot to mention I only drink a cup of coffee a day, the rest of my hydration comes from water. How am I doing /fat/?

Literally everyone.
You'll get used to it.

I usually lose a huge amount of weight overnight, then balloon up the next day and spend a week getting back to the smaller weight that I saw once.

Yeah could it also be creatine that causes this?

Looks like the right program to me. You only want to eat that amount of carbs if you're burning it off with exercise which you are. Keep it up.

Did some body measurements this morning. Thighs and biceps have gotten smaller, everything else has stayed the same.

Creatines whole thing is increasing water retention in your muscles, so in theory.
But if you get rid of creatine it'll happen anyway.

Why fast for only 24 hours, the first like 3 days are always the worst

I heard that caffeine can boost short term metabolic rate. How many cups should I drink?

If you can't drink it black, you're just gaining weight in the end.

One on an empty stomach. I don't have a specific reason for you other than more than that causes sleep issues for me, and the more you drink the less effective it is. The half life of your body's caffeine adaption is 48 hours~ so I figure one cup a day gives me plenty of time to lose some of that.

The appetite suppressant and diuretic effect are going to have more to do with numbers dropping on the scale than the caloric effect from calories burned by caffeine. Just drink black coffee to not feel hungry and make sure you're getting your exercise.

The first 3 days of what? Losing weight? I've been on the weight loss train for a couple months now. Had a huge binge the other day, and it was so bad, that I feel like I need a 24 hour fast to match it.

Has anyone else experienced (worsened) orthostatic hypotension while dieting? I'm wondering if it's a lack of sodium or potassium that's fucking me up.

first 3 days of fasting

Nah, fuck that. I can up my time spent in the gym at this point. 3 days sounds like literal hell. I've never gone longer than ~32 hours without eating. At that point, sleep is hit or miss.

I'm getting my exercise and I'm not having problems maintaining -1000kcal a day. I was just wondering if I could boost this a bit with coffee and I can drink it black.

Birthday fattie from the last thread. Currently fasting and going to the gym in an hour

Only a bit. You're better off drinking a bit of coffee and going for a walk than drinking 8 cups a day.

>158 on monday
>162 most of the week
>164 this morning
>been at deficit the whole time, confused as all hell
>realised half an hour ago I haven't taken a shit this week at all
>just ate a baked potato and beans and I can already feel the hell mouth opening

Wish me luck, I wish we had scales at work

Can I use artificial sweeteners with black coffee?

Thanks, user.
My younger brother went out and bought me a bag of breadsticks for my birthday. Rather than eat half the bag like I would have in my fatass days, I ate just two and they were supremely delicious. Every bit of junk food tastes so much better now that I indulge so rarely. The scale also gifted me with a 1.2 lb loss after a little plateau.
We're gonna make it.

It's no longer black then now is it? I wouldn't.

Your birthday was yesterday too? Happy Bday, man. Keep up the good work.

Please don't use artificial sweeteners at all. You only want them because you crave sugar, and you only crave sugar because you feed the craving with sweeteners. You have to set your determination against stopping all of it.

I once did 4 days, the 4th day I had muscle pain probably due to lack of minerals, but after 24hrs it's easy to not eat for me.

This is now a Pisces thread.

Fish are good for you.

If only our shitty bodies could just live off fat efficiently enough that we didn't have to eat...

I guess it's technically possible. The one dude who went without food for 382 days, provided he was given vitamins and had access to a doctor 24/7. sciencealert.com/the-true-story-of-a-man-who-survived-without-any-food-for-382-days

bottle of vodka but it was my cheat day or whatever

Is using artificial sweeteners ok with coffee to replace sugar?

do you even read the thread dumbfuck?
see

just drink it black, you'll get used to in a few days, avoid the last sips so you won't puke and brush your teeth after so they won't feel like they're melting

Yes you can. Use tablets, not powder. Most sweeteners have no blood sugar impact and few or no calories. However, powder sweeteners are often bulked with maltodextrin, which does.

some dude last thread say 2100 is a really low TDEE for a 6' 170lb guy

is this true? ive the same size as other user and im trying to eat 1600 a day which isnt too tough, but i definitely do feel it being a struggle late night where i feel hungry going to bed

Thats because when you lose fat those areas get filled up with water first before completely dissapearing.

yes, especially when i started incorporating fast days. i'm pretty sure its potassium deficiency

yes. i've been to the doc about it and he just told me to eat an assload of salt

It really depends on your activity. My tdee is low as fuck because I just sit on the computer all day long

>eat pizza for the first time in two months
>wake up with heart burn
Is cheating even worth it anymore bros? It didn’t even taste good

Attached: 5938DE97-1A0A-46F2-BE0E-4E8D5562C35F.png (800x800, 1M)

i run twice a week, calisthentics 5 times a week, and my phone pedometer says i walk 5-10k steps a day at work, so i think im likely 'light activity' which bumps my TDEE up towards 2400+ which is probably why 1600 cals a day is tough, i should maybe eat closer to 1800? might be easier to maintain vs having days of 1600 1600 1600 then some 2400 bullshit

ITS NOT FAIR BROS

I must have such a shit buildup. I eat 600gr+ of stuff a day at 1400kcal and I havent taken a proper shit that was actually visible on the scale in days.

Attached: sXSsoEZ.jpg (254x342, 32K)

This feel.. is a good feel.

>ounce of peanuts and an ounce of peppered jerky for lunch
it's not enough, help me

Shit is mostly fiber that our bodies can't digest. Most of the food we eat gets completely vaporised.
Fun fact, most of the fat exits through our lungs.

I'd recommend falling for the meme and start working towards OMAD. One huge meal makes eating fun again and helps with the hunger at least for me.

i used to do an OMAD thing before i even knew what it was back when i worked full-time and had work as a distraction from hunger, but it's nearly impossible now that i'm part-time and lost interest in all my old hobbies/distractions

Eat more things that aren't so calorically dense for their volume, like vegetables and skinless chicken.

>boyfriend is staying with me and the family for a week
looks like it's a cheat week fellas

going to try fasting for 3 days, just have to wait until I'm not working
only problem will be not getting to lift heavy during that time

Alright /fat/ please advise me here
Should I fast or do any variation of it (48hrs on/48 off)?
Or
Should I eat at a slight deficit and up my activity levels but still only lose like 1lb a week because it’s just that fucking slow

Looks like you're not gonna make it, fella.

How about you eat at a moderate deficit. up your activity levels and lose 2lb a week.

>Should I eat at a slight deficit and up my activity levels but still only lose like 1lb a week because it’s just that fucking slow
do this. you'll thank yourself in the long run. the majority of people that try fasting fail. i had a period of fasting, 72 hours fast, 1 day maintenace for a few weeks, it was tough as hell. i'm much happier doing a regular deficit of 500-1500kcal a day, even if it takes a little longer.

Dude I really fucking want to. I could have been shredded months ago if I just stuck with that. Idk what the fuck is the matter with me. I feel like I get nowhere after two weeks, get depressed and feel like a failure, binge eat, and then feel shitty and completely fall off again

I can do the fasting I just don’t know if it leads to being skinnyfat. I’ve already lost all my fucking lifts and mass

Attached: 9EDA6645-5153-40AE-9FBD-9CB5AB8F486B.jpg (1333x1362, 236K)

Meant to be keeping 1000kcal under budget, today I let it slide to 640, I am weak.

Okay you're new so I'm going to give you some advice, my fat friend. Eating garbage while looking at health food online does not count.
>Coffee
>Cookie dough breakfast piled high
That isn't healthy. Also nice purse faggot.

Not him but I think that’s oatmeal and berries

We're going to eat at a restaurant for Father's Day any tips for tracking the calories? I can't weigh things.

i ate a giant bag of tortilla chips and a whole jar of habanero salsa

Also I'm not American Father's Day here is on Tuesday.

a lot of restaurants (at least in america) will have a nutrition info menu on their website

Check the /fast/ thread. My 4 days are nothing.

Had two handfuls of peanuts, nearly 300kcals

Attached: 9C728324-1273-423E-A9C7-69997FE65987.jpg (490x586, 31K)

That was oatmeal and blueberries you silly anons.

>eat properly
>carbs
NGMI

I love that my urine smells like ketones

Are chicken thighs good for you if you’re fat? I have a freezer full from my job

Chicken is good. Remove the skin, don't add a lot of fat when cooking them, enjoy.

Rate my dinner /fat/

Attached: Dinner.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

>rice
not gonna make it

Why do you fat retards think rice is a good thing to have?

>ketoniggers

not even him, but rice is super low kcal

How does an EC stack compare to some other modern fat burners like Animal Cuts or Lipo-6?

Why isn't it a good thing to have?

It's low kcal, good amount of energy & it fills the bowl, but there's not a lot of macros in it, i'll grant.
What would you recommend I switch it out for next time?

More nothing. And less meat too. 2/3s of that meat and same veggies no rice.

That's not meat user, that's tofu.

There aren't a lot of "fat burners" that do actually work. Basically you got the EC stack, dnp and clen... and none of those are really a good idea to stay on for a long time or at all.

Ate a bit too much. Feel bad. Hungry because of it. Should I just say fuck it and eat this chocolate muffin and bowl of porridge.

Not keto, but rice and low cal? Rice is like 400 cal just to fill me up, and has close to no taste.
I'd rather eat oatmeal or honestly, anything with some taste. Rice is just so bland, and if I spice it and stuff I might as well just eat vegetables or meat since that tastes better and has better macros / micros.

Sushi rice is an exception though, that shit is just delicious.

You'll feel even more bad if you cheat.

You're right. Put it back. Still a couple hundred calories over my limit (Mostly by pure accident, actually) but it's not a total disaster I guess.

haven't had a cheat day since i started dieting which is a little more than a month ago dropped 10kg and my birthday is coming up in a week and im not gonna cheat. Who the fuck even wants to cheat? i do omad so if i eat shit im gonna feel like shit so..

Had a strong day at the gym today. Finally saw a girl mirin me as I curled 35s successfully. Also I decided to take Jow Forums's advice and focus on protein and nutrient supplements. Wanna get those gains and losses at the same time you know what I mean.

Any recommendations? I was looking into Redcon1 MRE.

Attached: 20190316_155212.jpg (4032x2268, 2.61M)

>No rice
>2/3rds chicken
so half a bowl, most of which is like, what, 50 cals worth of broccoli?
For *dinner?* that's just not acceptable user, it's the 2nd most important meal of the day.
Add some other veggies. Sweet potato, carrots, peas, beans- not the baked kind you get in heinz cans, mind- brussels sprouts...really doesn't matter user, but rice has too many carbs & not enough macros to be worth it.

You only need protein supplements if you can't get enough protein with meat. Which doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Mummy does big dinners but it's often hard for me to gauge the calories in them baka