Combat sports

What’s the best combat sport and why is it boxing?

Attached: 9161C997-9345-4786-9953-C868DBD6A135.jpg (512x339, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vM1Alf1eYmE
youtube.com/watch?v=mnm6VyFcel0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Hey guise why is this thing that I like the best thing on the planet?
>I'd it because I like it?

If you’re talking fighting do mma

Attached: A64ADFD7-8067-4D42-9EB3-B161B73CCD81.gif (350x242, 1.99M)

But mma involves kicking which is retarded and grappling which is gay

Fpbp

Why is kicking retarded?

Lethwei.

>kicking which is retarded
In a real fight, a kick from a skilled person would 1hko you

who has the lowest IQ on /fit and why is it OP?

You won't be saying grappling is gay when I crack your skull off the concrete with a double leg.

But I’ll sock you in the jaw and put you to sleep before you can even get in range

>anything that involves smacking your brains around like a retard
>best

Well I wanna do a martial art, be able to practice it, and not get brain damage in the process. So I choose not to do boxing. How is Sambo?

>But mma involves kicking which is retarded
In a pure self defense vision, kicking is more efficient than punching simply because of its longer range. If you strike from belly button to feet, kicking might also be more efficient, with a higher hit/neutralize ratio.
>nd grappling which is gay
It's only gay if you make eye contact
>Lethwei
youtube.com/watch?v=vM1Alf1eYmE

Attached: everybody has a plan until.jpg (960x720, 100K)

People who have never been kicked before crumble from a half decent leg kick

t. never fought a wrestler.
youtube.com/watch?v=mnm6VyFcel0

Aikido

Attached: 1549115320065.jpg (625x626, 63K)

muay thai + jits = number 1 combo

>zangief vs balrog
KEK

wrestling because i like dominating other, weaker men

Lmao enjoy being a vegetable at 30

haha look at him lmao

Attached: Untitled.png (228x298, 120K)

If you don't think this is groovy, you need glasses, you box of sperm

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-131415_MangaK.jpg (1077x1528, 1.22M)

You have to be a vegetable to do boxing in the first place so it doesn't really bother them.

In terms of actual sport, I'd say boxing is the best. It's by far the most impressive combat sport to watch, it manages to be simultaneously graceful and brutal in a way that muay thai, BJJ, MMA, wrestling etc. just don't. I love all those sports and mostly do muay thai myself but as a spectator I think boxing can be mind blowing, it's an amazing sport. I think a lot of people ITT have missed OP's point

Attached: 1504569315130.jpg (799x518, 87K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180924-104253_Chrome.jpg (871x1378, 864K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-142316_Chrome.jpg (902x1392, 915K)

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-131444_MangaK.jpg (1080x1506, 1.17M)

boxing is gay

You're low t
Learn to code

mma is homosexuality incarnate

based and redpilled

Wrestling is the best base you can have for fighting.

>brain damage
It's actually bare knuckle MMA.

Attached: 10071184.jpg (480x360, 24K)

How can it be the best if it doesn't have any spinny kicks?

Lewthwei?

You forgot the "kick" in boxing, because it's definitely kickboxing.

Boxing by itself is retarded. Anyone going "hurr durr style vs style" is retarded and trapped 25 years in the past.

Every serious combat athlete of the present and future is and will be MMA.

Boxing is great but any good wrestler will get you down. Any good Muay Thai guy will kill you in clinch. So learn all of them.

>In a real fight, a kick from a skilled person would 1hko you
>People who have never been kicked before crumble from a half decent leg kick

This. Someone who knows how to do a solid muay thai kick will fuck your leg up with a single strike against people who have no clue how to defend against it and have never been kicked in the leg properly. The gym I go to has amateur and pro fighters, and let me tell you even holding a suitcase for these guys sucks fucking ass. I've been taking kicks (and giving them) for years and that shit still ruins your day.

> kickboxing
> MMA

two "sports" in which the talent pool is so shallow that 30 year old busted up athletes can come over from other sports and be world championship level in 2-4 years flat.

I like them both, but they are absolutely LMAO tier in development compared to boxing.

>mma is homosexuality incarnate
But since doing bjj and wrestling, one end on the winning side at least not the one taking it in the butt, unlike you.

Attached: 1552771753690.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

not to mention the drama, iconic fights/fighters, rich history, fast pace. put two good fighters against each other and they can still sell out stadiums for people across the world; as a combat sport, it's great

same goes for a proper punch except its much easier to do in a real fight

T H I S

Iirc, there are more cruiserweights than there are fighters in the entire UFC

The best combat athletes go into boxing, purely because of the money.

but a mediocre mma fighter could beat those athletes in a real fight

It's wrestling

This guy can't fight

I wouldn't be so sure, if a mediocre boxer like McGregor can get a reputation of for a touch of death.

literally one leg kick & a takedown & the fight's over

Jhost in the Shell?

Sambo is some really good shit

why do you ask then?

Swords > fists
Martial arts > combat sports

I wouldn't say they are necessarily shallow, but compared tp boxing yes they are shallow. MMA is a young sport so it doesn't have as big of a pool. It needs to develop but its already pumping out great athletes and legends.

Kickboxing on the other hand does have a very good talent pool, it's just underrated and overlooked mostly because its not as popular. You have fighters like Andy Hug, CroCop, and Ernesto Hoost for example. If you want to count Muay Thai, there are loads such as Samart Payakroon and Ramon Dekkers. It does have very good and talented fighters right now. Tenshin and Takeru are argubly the most exciting, but you also have intelligent and technical athletes like Rico Verhouven who isn't as popular because he mostly ends his fights in decisions.

Anthony Joshua would knock the shit out of most MMA fighters before they got close to him maybe aside from the heavyweight dudes.

Dude has some deadly long ass arms

Same goes for Deontay Wilder

Boxing is reliant on you always standing very straight and punching using your leading leg.

Both of which open you up to takedowns so easily.

do you really think two guys who never train in takedown defense can defend against complex takedowns much less simple ones? Give me a break