How do I keep my arrogance in check when, as far as I can tell...

How do I keep my arrogance in check when, as far as I can tell, I'm actually intellectually superior to most others I encounter? It only makes sense that an authentically superior mind would be more capable of discerning truths and thus more capable of discovering its own superiority, so, assuming it is possible for authentically superior minds to exist, the recognition of these minds that they are, in fact, superior, should only be natural. Consequently, a shift in behavior based on this recognition would also seem natural.

However, it would seem that such behavior is rather strongly frowned upon, and I can't tell whether this is justified or not. Further, there are multiple examples of individuals whose brilliance apparently surpasses my own, and yet these individuals seem to maintain an easy humility.

My problem is complicated by the fact that my apparent intellectual superiority may actually stem from elitism, rather than the reverse. The sense that I should do and be better than others has at least partially motivated me to reach this point. I'm not sure that I'm capable of doing away with my arrogance, or at least I'm not sure I'm capable of doing such without sacrificing a core aspect of my personality and possibly damaging my chances of growing further.

This isn't even getting into how a vague concept like intelligence might be divided into less nebulous parts. If believing oneself to be intellectually superior is wrong, then is it wrong to believe oneself to be more rational than others? To be a better critical thinker? To have a better memory?

Attached: 1446396823496.jpg (480x272, 123K)

You're all stupid. I rarely encounter posters that I would consider intellectual. The kind that write like they are writing a thesis for their graduate
You people make me sick. You're con men. Frauds. The real intellectuals don't deserve to be associated with you retards

A response I'd expect only from the most ignorant of robots. Well done, you're representing your people graciously.

Of you think you are smarter than everyone around you then you probably aren't.
>jus' sayin'

Attached: 1541062904671.jpg (640x480, 32K)

If you're so smart why don't you figure out your own problems instead of bitching people off who even took the time to bump your hideuos thread

>is superior
>uses "thus" instead of "so"
cringe

Attached: 1438327455519.jpg (500x333, 56K)

>However, it would seem that such behavior is rather strongly frowned upon, and I can't tell whether this is justified or not.
Does it matter if it is justified or not?

Suppose, for the sake of argument, that it is not justified. It's still frowned upon, and therefore it is rational to limit your public displays of arrogance. It's okay to be internally arrogant, but you clearly already know that it will cost you to let other people see your arrogance.

One can believe they are smarter, stronger, or generally better than others, but you are hindering your learning.
Saying you are superior to everyone is basically cutting yourself off from learning anything.
It is frowned upon because your basically telling people " I am better than you", surprisingly people do not like that.

The people who can act this way are those who have created something important, or they themselves have a role that no one else can fill. An example would be Steve Jobs or a famous actor.
>So what have your produced that would warrant others to put up with your elitist attitude?
If you have nothing to offer that I need/want why should I put up with your arrogance?

The issue with acting arrogant with others (even with a high intellect as you claim) is easy to figure out.
>Why should I listen to someone who thinks he is better than me?
Why should I listen to someone who thinks I am stupid? Why would I want to be his friend? why would I want to hire him or consider his idea? I wouldn't, because he sounds like he is full of hot air and is oblivious to his own arrogance.

>You are just trying to justify your shitty behavior, and it is not working.

It's not really about showing off as much as it is my growing distance from others and tendency to dismiss their opinions and concerns as irrelevant. Interaction with others is beginning to feel like a burden that is holding me back from my potential.

I don't care about this thread at all, I'm just here to post Taiga.

Attached: __aisaka_taiga_toradora_drawn_by_core_mayomayo__2abae7a0718035f7aa5c5eb027e9ceaf.jpg (526x600, 186K)

Definitely.
By being unpleasant to be around, you're strongly limiting your chances of growth because you're strongly limiting your capacity of working with others, whose knowledge and skills might be useful for you.
The behaviour you need to correct is not the idea that you're more intelligent than others, but the fact that the opinion of people less intelligent than you doesn't matter to you.
I'm surely not the smartest person I've ever met, but I am much smarter than average.
I can think of a large number of people who weren't as smart as me who gave me interesting opinions, or just came at a problem with a different point of view I didn't even consider.

If you were so smart, you'd realize it's better to say things as simply as possible, than obfuscate your ditherings with overly complex diction and really pompous syntax. Notice how much easier the first part of that sentence is to read.
I was guilty of over-complicated writing and expression when I was a kid, so maybe it's just a natural epiphany that comes with age.
this goes for the other stuff
pedo

Well then, it seems you have a spectrum of options, from becoming a recluse to being a social butterfly. I would weigh the pros and cons of human interaction and decide how much you want to participate in. Remember though, that there are a lot of benefits of human relationships that have little to do with the relative intelligence of the person you are interacting with. If you value these benefits, then you might want to be a little more patient with them, even if they aren't as smart as you.

you're just an autistic fedora. trust me bro, you're not smart.

if anyone was truly "le intellectually superior" they wouldn't be wasting their life on Jow Forums

you're dumb as rocks. just accept it and move on.

>How do I keep my arrogance in check when, as far as I can tell, I'm actually intellectually superior to most others I encounter?
>anime reaction pic

lol no

>How do I keep my arrogance in check when, as far as I can tell, I'm actually intellectually superior to most others I encounter?
If you're actually smart, this is a pretty big problem, you shouldn't be superior to everyone around you. If you are, then you fucked up somewhere in life and didn't reach your full potential. I know what it's like and it's hell. You need to find a community of intelligent people to be around either online or real life. Get hired at a place like Google, Microsoft, etc and join obscure online communities. You can do it if you try. I'm attending a garbage school yet am going through the process at Google right now. Smart people will stand out to people that need them. So start doing something and show the world how smart you are.

If you actually hang around people that are as smart, or smarter than you, you'll end up losing a bit of your arrogance and become more manageable to deal with. If you're just a fraud...? Well that's a different story.

Don't.
But.
As you dish it, you must be prepared to cash back should you be the one that gets verbally put in place.
I learned it from normies, it's pointless to try and not to shit all over them especially if they deserve it, it's better to be an asshole that being the one that nobody respects because you let them believe they've got the edge on you.
Ultimately i suggest that, should you feel the need to keep yourself in check too often, seek those above you so you can have bread for your teeth instead of relentlessly tower over the less fortunate.
Humble yourself naturally by getting mogged by superior individuals, that'll teach you how not to look down as you are the one experiencing the phenomenon of being royally styled on.

You only view life through a lense where intelligence is the most important factor specifically because you know you have an above average one, when in reality life is more comprehensive.

You're probably a big fucking loser despite your IQ.

You're not. If you were intellectually superior to most people that you encounter, you would use your intellect wisely and do something with it.

>pedo
She's literally 17 through most of the series and 18 at the end.

>college goers
>smart
fucking retard

All things considered you are probably just a midwit. I do not think a smart person would employ such formal writing style in writing a Jow Forums post. Instead a smart person would adjust their writing style to fit the context; when you ignore your context and write in an inappropriately formal style it comes off as tryhardy and consequently makes you come off as inauthentic. With that said, I agree with the general thrust of your post. More or less anyway.

Attached: 08448920-B3DA-49B8-86DC-D10B9B0942F7.jpg (960x720, 79K)

You're so unironically stupid that you don't even deserve a you and I can explain why:
The dunning-kruger effect is a well documented area of cognitive bias in psychology, where those of lower mental ability see themselves as more capable than those around them, because they are in fact too stupid to recognize how stupid they are. You are too stupid for your own good, other people could shot their pants, replace their shit covered pants with their brains and still be smarter than you. Don't even think of bringing up your "intelligence" ever again.

if you actually did have a superior mind, then you would realize that it doesn't mean shit unless you DO something with it.
have you solved nuclear fusion? written and published a riveting novel? made millions on the stock market? no?
then who fucking cares about your IQ?

>im berry smat guyzzz

>on Jow Forums
>smart
pick one tard

shut up faggot stop using big words

You're fluffing out your sentences to try to sound smarter. Fuck off retard. Dumb ape midwit. Don't just say shit you think smart people would say, it's embarrassing and obvious.
>t. lab-tested 99th percentile

>Le online test 145 iq dunning-kruger brainlet

it's simple. you're not superior to anyone. being more intellectually capable does not make you superior. anyone with enough try and effort can make it further than you can. stay humble and put what you have to good use, or stop bragging about it so much.

coming from someone that has been constantly praised as being "smart", it's not as much about being naturally gifted as you think. a lot of us have tremendous exposure to media and passively soaking up information is just what we do. anyone with enough time, effort, and commitment can be exactly where you are. being "intellectually superior" is a giant meme. it's something your ego created to distinguish yourself from others, to make you feel as if you are better somehow. most people do it, but that doesn't mean you don't have to be aware and conscious of it. it's a necessary component of our self-esteem, but unchecked, it can turn you into a brash asshole. don't let your pride get the best of you, you're never the best. anyone who walks into a room and thinks that they're the smartest one there usually never is.

Attached: akkoluv.gif (462x260, 929K)

It's because some people are not responsible for being unintelligent. Like, most people are dumb because they have fucking shit genes, but there are some really nice people that have great genes and could even be fucking near-genius but they aren't because of bad education, childhood trauma, drugs, lead intoxication, environmental poverty, head injuries etc. so you can't fucking go around saying you're a good among men and saying everyone is just an insect compares to you.

Think about all the geniuses that this World could have seen were it not for poverty, malnutrition, accidents etc. Some people are actually really nice, good, "have superior moral and intellectual values", as Schopenhauer would say, but they got fucked by the cruel hands of fate. Think of how many poor people have to work in shitty jobs and get stuck in awful situations instead of putting their talents to work.

Fuck you, OP. Some people just got handed the short end of the stick.

smartest and most well-read poster around here and yet I've never once gone around telling people they're dumb.

Attached: 1545332390211.png (942x733, 996K)

I'm getting altchan vibes from you. were you unsatisfied with the responses from last place you posted?

Attached: lainhoodie.jpg (848x1200, 177K)

You may be smart, but you're just trying too hard. Intelligence has less importance than you think. Hell, if anything, it usually makes you more pessimistic, more of an asshole, and more alienated from others.

You forgot your Yukinoshita images to go along with your pathetic RP.

I find it strange that he would copy and paste it.

>Can't even figure out how to have a girlfriend
Nah, you're dumb as rocks.

You've got dunning-kruger syndrome. Look it up. Classic case.

>I find it strange that he would copy and paste it.
did he? i figured he did something like that and slightly altered it, i haven't checked but it really reminded me of that thread.