>skinny arms
>"hey man, you're going to hurt your back doing squats like that"
>tfw doing squats the way Mark Rippletoe says to do them
>I say "oh really?" hoping he would give me constructive criticism
>"hey, do a squat for me real quick"
>do a squat, hips horizontal to knees
>"make sure you put your legs further apart than shoulder width"
>move legs further apart
>"okay great, and make sure you lean back. You're back is bending forward too much"
>he makes a diagonal line with his hand
>"here, lean back"
>he pushes my shoulder back, and my back is perpendicular to the floor
>almost fall backwards
>grab the safety of the power rack to avoid falling backward
>"see how much harder it is? That's how you should squat. You should lower your weight and make sure you keep your form"
>I say "ohhh, okay. thank you"
>I take the weights off both sides
>he returns back to doing his overhead presses
>I take a sip of my water and walk away

Attached: skinny-guy.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>Walk toward fixed weight section, do some overhead presses
>after I finish, I look around and the guy is still there
>I decide to do some bench presses even though starting strength says to space them out through the week
>fuck it, I'll do anything other than squat incorrectly just to please some stranger
>go to bench, put 35s on both sides and start pressing
>do a few sets
>look towards my right, the Ethiopian goddess is still there doing dead lifts and squats
>keep pressing
>barely do 5 the last set
>no spotter because I'm social awkward and lost alll my friends after high school
>do four
>last one
>fuckfuckfuckfuck
>can't do it
>roll weight off
>one mere 35 plate rolls onto the left side of my body
>then the right
>the loudest clang just echos throughout the gym
>the goddess saw me fail and shows me a face of disgust
>start talking to myself out of awkwardness
>"haha, errrmrm hah... haha.."
>walk towards the squat rack
>the other guy wasn't there, thank god
>wait, the bar of the squat rack is still gone
>realize the woman was the one who took it, and my gym doesn't have extra bars
>fuckfuckfuck
>okay, I'll just squat in the same power rack
>some short woman had finished squatting before I had got to it
>the height of the catches are too low
>can't figure out how to raise them
>start going through my phone in the squat rack for a good 3 minutes, walking around fiddling with it
>fuck, I'll just deal with it
>cant put any weight on them because I can't get into the proper position to lift it up
>constantly putting weight and removing them
>fuck, I'll just walk around
>luckily, as I left the area, the woman puts the bar back where she found it
>she returns the rest of her weights, which belonged to the other side of the gym
>finish my squats, do my dead lifts, leave gym

I am so ashamed... Not only did I have to deal with some hipster, but I also embarrassed myself in front of a woman. I'm so glad I went at 12:30 am, or more people could have seen me fuck up. I can't believe I couldn't even finish that last push... it's so pathetic. Also, I'm glad I found videos of Mark explaining how to squat correctly on youtube, or else I might have followed that guys shitty advice. Anyways, today was the worst day of going to the gym for me.

btw I'm 5'11 and 165 pounds

We've all had bad days user, the best you can do now is try to be better. Let that be a lesson to you. And honestly, it doesn't sound so bad, no one gives a fuck really.

Attached: 47723.jpg (734x640, 41K)

>see an Ethiopian godless

Go on...

Attached: 1552352605630.jpg (750x735, 178K)

Yeah, she was extremely tall. She had her hair up, had really dark skin, and was wearing yoga pants and a white shirt, and was wearing headphones that wrap around your ear. She was literally only doing dead lifts and squats. That's all I can really say about her... my heart froze when she saw me after failing

Imagine making up this whole story just to shit on starting strength

niggers

the only bad day is a missed day or snap city

Bruh relax

>following rip's advice on anything
i used to think my form was good when i first started out too buddy, but here is a protip for you: if you think your form is good when you are starting out, it fucking isn't

>not ignoring unsolicited advice
Never gonna make it

that is not what i call a bad day . thats a good day . good to see other men taking care of others in the gym and Sharing there expertise with you.

he gave you knowledge , now own it and become better at it.
or act like a bitch and cry at home and never become better.

Interesting. Very interesting. So, this is the thought process of a beta male faggot... Hmmm... Yes. Fascinating.
Just a reminder that this website is for 18+ only. It's VERY obvious from your story that you're on the younger side. Of course, I could be mistaken. But I hope I'm not because if you're older than 18 then it's over for you.

Attached: Interesting.gif (500x230, 598K)

>I'm so glad I went at 12:30 am
Who goes to the gym at midnight?
Also
>Nigger woman
>goddess

Interesting. Very interesting. So, this is the thought process of a beta male faggot... Hmmm... Yes. Fascinating.
Just a reminder that this website is for 18+ only. It's VERY obvious from your story that you're on the younger side. Of course, I could be mistaken. But I hope I'm not because if you're older than 18 then it's over for you.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x276, 531K)

Attached: 1469111702324.png (780x720, 162K)

kek

Attached: veryinteresting.gif (400x300, 3.84M)

holy shit is this him?

Attached: 1552336322736.jpg (256x386, 32K)

socially awkward and suffer from selective mutism

haha, yeah. Don't worry though, I never said I would give up. I am on the younger side though (19)

Normally I would agree, but this time she was actually in the top 10 percent of Ethiopian women.

Attached: 1540657471066.jpg (637x619, 54K)