/Fast/ #400 sleep the hunger away edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous thread:

Attached: 1552839467228.png (1200x1000, 700K)

>Almost done with day 4 of 11 day fast (may bump up to 18 days depending on how I'm feeling. Longest fast is 14)
>Had a dream last night where I broke my fast to eat liquor and chocolate
NIGHTMARE

Attached: Shinji REEEEEE.png (1227x925, 758K)

During a dry fast, can you swish water around in your mouth do overcome dry mouth or will that ruin it? I work as a therapist and have an active social life and days where I dry fast are hard with all the talking I do. If it does break the dry fast, what counters dry mouth?

Broke my fast because went out with the family and we stopped at one of my fav restaurants, curse my weak will.
Round 2 let's go.

Attached: nerfornothin.jpg (1200x1177, 203K)

day 12 of 40
why am i on the verge of throwing up all the time?

i have a lot of those dreams too

my sleep is fucked right now. i dont even have any obligations or times to wake up or anything.

My dreams have consistently been about eating KFC, god im weak.

Attached: 1552632940303.jpg (256x256, 15K)

So im on day 4 and my pee is some brown color, should i be worried about this?

tell me how did you make it past the first day, and the second? im struggling in a house of unhealthy fatties with food. i am fired up to do this but i need tips

come on stop being dead

I'm doing my own research on fasting, and besides the articles and research papers contained in the OP, does anyone else have some links to studies about the beneficial properties of fasting?

Not that guy, but I'm on the same boat as you.

The key is to either go somewhere else, or learn not to think about it. Keeping yourself away or keeping yourself occupied is the easiest and best way to not think about food.

But when you're unable to not think about food or are sitting in front of fatties who are eating, then the only thing you can do is exercise pure willpower. It get's easier over time. You'll break it at 24hrs, then at 48, then at 72 etc..

I'm at the point where I can visit my parents and siblings at dinner time after having fasted three full days, smell my mother's cooking and just watch them eat while I drink water and listen to them give me shit for not eating.

It sucks, and it's hard, but you'll get there. Focus, take advantage of your inner-dialogue and motivate yourself when you do good, and curse yourself when you feel like giving up. Look at the unhealthy fatties in your home and realize why you're doing this.

Would this break my fast lads?

Attached: 20190317_223207.jpg (4032x3024, 3.38M)

Meh, probably not. Considering there's no carbs you'll still be in ketosis.
Buy some keto-sticks and test it out.

What exactly is that

Well nvm drank a bunch of snake juice and its fine now looks like it was just dehydration

Protein powder my mom got me today. I'm grateful she cares enough to buy me this, but I wondered of it's of any immediate use to me since i'm fasting. Forgive me for the sideward pics my webcam has broken recently.
Forgive me but doesn't it say .02-3g carbs per serving? Is that enough to break fasts?

Attached: 20190317_225626.jpg (4032x3024, 3.42M)

Anyone got the old snake juice recipe which was just table salt and nosalt? What are the exact measurements to last the entire day?

>Forgive me but doesn't it say .02-3g carbs per serving? Is that enough to break fasts?

You're right, I didn't see that. Still, that shouldn't be enough to break the fast.
My only question is why is the serving size for that protein powder two teaspoons, and what would be the reason to have only one serving if you're only getting 7g of protein?

Just don't drink it until you're done fasting. And when you do, drink it after you lift and multiply the serving by 6. What a fucking strange serving size.

>fast 5x a week
>eat keto weekends
>do this for months
>reach artificial goal I'd been playing the entire time
>going to binge the entire week, various countries food and such I wanted to try like Mediterranean, Greek, etc
>warming up to it and slowly introduce carbs
>suddenly no desire for any of it
>full on a simple meal
>buy some nice big steaks, make some sides, best steak in my life
>can't finish

I think my stomach shrank and tastebuds changed or something. None of this is satisfying.

Depending on how long you've been going, your tastebuds definitely change.
I remember when I used to be a fat fuck I used to gauge on KFC, pepsi and whatever sugary shit you can think of but now I feel full with 1 piece and I can't handle drinking soda because it's too sweet for me and it kinda tastes like shit.

Attached: 1550104914329.png (330x618, 206K)

bumpo

Attached: bumpopun1.jpg (508x295, 70K)

Lads a question, woke up this morning with a fever, I'm not hungry in the slighest and I wouldn't mind fasting through it. Is it doable? Or do I absolutely need to eat something? Some medications even require a empty stomach to work, so they wouldn't be a problem, right?

Quick question, not sure if anyone will know the answer and I'm going to consult a doctor later anyway. I'm considering starting a 1 month or so fast after I finish bulking. This will likely coincide with when I was potentially going to have Lasik done. I've heard on long term fasts your body tends to heal slower, does anyone know if there would be any complications with the healing process after Lasik?

Almost done with my dry fast boys

Attached: Screenshot_20190318_082200_com.lifeomic.lifefasting.jpg (1080x2340, 390K)

just waiting for the end boys, its surely near

Does anyone know European company that can ship snake juice ingredients to EU country? I can only buy 35g nosalt here in Poland so it gets pretty expensive

Attached: 2Ib9iXY.png (680x573, 289K)

Carbs and protein make your body release insulin which stops your fast
Carbs cause the body to release approx. twice as much insulin compared to protein

NoSalt is Potassium Chloride. Potassium Chloride is called Diätsalz in Germany which translates to Diet Salt and can be bought in Foodstores.
I'd guess there should be something like that in Poland too

Cheat :)

Attached: EC stack.png (917x853, 345K)

Is it bad if I smoke in thr first days of my water fast?

The nicotine will hit you harder the longer you go

Why is the FAQ focused on snake guy Cole... He doesn't strike me as an authority

He's basically the only Youtuber pushing fasting, but he is an autistic 40 year old sperg who has a roommate and can't drive. There's material out by Dr. Jason Fung that's better, but overall it works, just keep your electrolytes up.

ok I found LoSalt, thanks for helping

I have this same problem around the same time, you're doing a water fast right? I always have to cut it short because I get to the point where I can't drink water without feeling like throwing it up (or actually throwing it up), and I can't be throwing up at work.

noice, how you feeling?

Bois, Im 24 hours into a water fast, snake juice ingredients arriving tomorrow.

I take SSRI's though, specifically Sertaline, anyone got any experience with this?

Pretty good to be fair. Haven't been doing anything but resting which I'm sure helps. Although I just went for a 50 minute walk and nearly passed out so definitely don't do that while this far into a dry fast.

I'm on sertraline and haven't had issues with water fasting while on it. Ketone test strips show deep ketosis, I'm losing weight rapidly. All good my man.

OP still says intermittent farting

Nice man thanks for letting me know.

Were gonna make it brah

lol my appetite nuked itself, I can barely eat two sandwiches at best without feeling full as shit. What happened?

I've read a lot on refeeding syndrome. Should I be worried about it at all after an extended dry or snake juice fast?

People without food disorders entirely underestimate how difficult it is to avoid this type of influence, especially brought about by people around you. However, it really comes down to that decision in the moment. You have to push through the barrier before you can comprehend what the other side is like. Basically just decide that you aren’t eating, control your fucking muscles in such a way that you do not eat, it’s doable. After the first day you have inertia and you can always repeat it like learning to ride a bike.

How much would a snake juice fast affect your time in the gym? Just trying to get my abs to pop out and thinking of doing a 7 day fast.

18th day in and I'm feeling a little bit nauseous every now and then.

Yesterday I barfed a little something that tasted like pure fucking salt, and could feel a slight taste of blood on the back of my throat afterwards.

What the fuck is going on. Did you niggers meme me into dying?

Attached: 1551522624633-2.jpg (750x733, 116K)

I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

224 down from 270 since December. Fasting is great but boring as hell. Currently on another 5 day or more fast. We gonna get ripped for summer boys! Who's with me?

dude drink some fucking water and have a small meal, or at least get some electrolyte powder. you really shouldn't be feeling like that

Same here user. When you do your 5+ day fasts, how long do you refeed for before beginning your next fast? I was giving myself 2 days, but I'm considering going to one meal before restarting.

I am drinking brine. The nausea is a recent development. Happened yesterday night, and today in the morning again. Otherwise I feel fine. Just a little lethargic, but nothing overtly concerning.

Just the salt-barf-nausea-blood-taste got me a little worried. Then again the blood could've come from a ruptured capillary when heaving. It's not uncommon.

But If it gets worse or continues you fucking bet I will cancel it all. I'm doing it to cease to become a gravitational anomaly, not to bite the bullet even sooner.

>>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.
>intermittent farting.
I love how this has been a thing for like a year now

Attached: 1wqEHzf[1].jpg (1313x702, 54K)

I do 2 to 3 day OMAD eating mostly low carb. Usually by the 3rd day I'm sick of eating and jump back to fasting. Food is starting to disgust me, it's great.

Same here, which is why I was looking at cutting down. I just started a 5 day and I feel so gross after a weekend of eating. I'm considering taking this fast for 2 weeks+, but I'm trying to avoid hair loss.

The hair loss is a meme. Just take a multivitamin every other day with your snakejuice.

Holy shit a fever? You'd better eat immediately. I suggest 2 pints of ben n jerrys to help you through.

I thought we weren't supposed to do vitamins. I'll give it a shot. I already take melatonin so I can sleep.

>Fasts 364 days
>Eats entire year of food in a 24 hour window
Is Santa /ourguy/ ?

Attached: AdobeStock_92892414-1080x675.jpg (1080x675, 96K)

R u memein' me cunt?

Fuark that's what he gets for taking it to extremes, he straightup entered real "survival mode" and packs on alll the fat. Santa is proof fasting is FAKE NEWS

Nah, he's more like a human grizzly bear. He gets that fat so he can hibernate until next christmas.

It's pretty high though, 39.5°C, I'm perfectly fine with not eating, I don't feel like it, I'm just not sure if it's going to slow the recovery down because I've got an exam in two days and I can't afford to miss it

IT'LL BE A SOFT DRY FAST RATHER THAN A HARD DRY FAST. IF IT'S INTERRUPTING YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES, GO AHEAD AND DO IT, ALTHOUGH I RECOMMEND MOUTHWASH OR SOME SHIT INSTEAD.
IS THERE A REASON YOU'RE DRY FASTING THOUGH? YOU IF YOU HAVE OTHER OBLIGATIONS, SNAKE JUICE FASTING COMBINED WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS THE BEST FOR WEIGHT LOSS. DRY FASTING IS REALLY FOR SPECIFIC REASONS LIKE HEALING SHIT OR JUST TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF.

IF YOUR FAST WAS AT LEAST 3 DAYS, YOU'RE FINE. IF IT WAS LESS, STOP BEING A BITCH.

THE NAUSEA COULD BE FROM MANY SOURCES BUT THE MOST COMMON SEEMS TO BE ACID REFLUX AND DETOX. FOR THE FORMER, TRY DRINKING ACV. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, ALKALIZE YOUR STOMACH BY DRINKING A SMALL AMOUNT OF BAKING SODA. IF YOU'RE ALREADY DRINKING BAKING SODA, STOP AND SEE IF THAT HELPS. LAST, TRY DRINKING CARBONATED WATER. IF YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE NAUSEA AND YOU THROW UP MORE THAN 2-3 TIMES, BREAK YOUR FAST.

CAUSED FROM BROKEN DOWN KIDNEY STONES. DRINK ACV AND LEMON JUICE TO BREAK MORE STONES DOWN.

MOST ARE IN RUSSIAN. YOU CAN BEGIN WITH READING THE OBESITY CODE BY DR. FUNG, IT'S A DECENT READ ANYWAY AND NOT REALLY DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND. AUDIOBOOK VERSION IS FINE, TOO.
THE FASTING MOVEMENT IS LARGELY ANECDOTAL. TRY A 3 DAY FAST TO GET THROUGH WITHDRAWALS FIRST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ANY MORE LITERATURE.

WTF
ever since I started performing ab vacuums for 30 minutes a day my appetite has shrunk considerably
I eat less than half of what I used to (bloatlord here) and I don't feel hungry at all
I think it shrunk my fucking food pouch.

7 days, 14 hours into my fast.
Down to 195 lbs at 14.3% BF
I want the pain to end.

YES IT WILL BREAK THE FUCKING FAST, READ THE GODDAMN OP.
IF YOU NEED THE PROTEIN YOU BETTER BE AT LEAST AN INTERMEDIATE LIFTER, AND IF SO YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING WEEK+ FASTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO CUT BELOW 10% BF.

YOU CAN TRY DRY FASTING FOR HALF A DAY TO SEE IF YOU GET BETTER. MOST MEDS JUST KNOCK YOUR ASS OUT FOR 12 HOURS ANYWAY, AND THAT DOES MOST OF THE HEALING.

YOU HEAL FASTER WHEN YOU FAST, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE ON THE HIGHER END OF BEING A DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT AND/OR YOU HAVE HEALTH ISSUES THAT YOU'VE BEEN STIFLING BY CONSTANTLY POOLING YOUR BODY'S RESOURCES TO PROCESS DIGESTION.
IF ANYTHING, IT'D SPEED UP THE POST-SURGICAL HEALING PROCESS.

GOOD JOB. FIRST LONG DRY FAST?

YOU'LL BE ABLE TO EAT BIG THE MORE YOU EAT BIG.

IF YOU DRINK SNAKE JUICE WITH EPSOM SALTS, YOU'LL BE FINE. YOU SHOULD ONLY WORRY IF YOU DO LONG FASTS IF YOU'RE ALREADY LEAN AND YOU'RE FUCKING UP A VEGAN DIET BY MISSING NUTRIENTS YOU SHOULD BE TAKING.

DON'T KNOW YOUR FITNESS LEVEL. THE MORE YOU'RE AT AN UNNATURAL STATE OF BEING (ADVANCED/ELITE) THE MORE STRENGTH YOU'LL LOSE, BUT YOU'LL RECOVER IN 2 WEEKS TOPS IF YOU DO A 7 DAY EITHER WAY.

YOU CAN EASILY PUSH 70% INTENSITY JUST ON SNAKE JUICE.

YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR STOMACH SIZE BY EATING BIG. SURPRISED? AFTER A 7 DAY FAST, I WAS ABLE TO EAT 6 POUNDS OF FOOD IN 1 SITTING AFTER 3 OR 4 DAYS.

Two week in and I've managed to maintain my sets/reps for my compound lifts.
I do fewer accessories, as I get tired pretty quick.

i broke my snake jooc fast at about 70hrs because my sweat and breath started smelling like rotten flesh while i was at the gym
how do i avoid this in the future

Attached: splurgggggggh.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Your body is detoxing. Just shower more often and brush your teeth.

You can't.

Don't mind me. Just keeping myself accountable. Slow and steady. Much love.

Attached: lent_week_01_update.jpg (1600x4321, 1.23M)

I also am not fond of the baking soda.
I get pretty bad bubble gut from it.

>break fast with pizza
>don't immediately shit it all out as liquid an hour later
what the fuck

yeah water/snakejuice fast, and thats pretty close to what im feeling.

>IF YOU'RE ALREADY DRINKING BAKING SODA, STOP AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.
yeah i stopped that and the magnesium. i feel better, but it just sucks. im pretty sure its acid reflux combined with liver detox or whatever. im not going to break it unless i absolutely have to. 13/40 days so far

oh and ive been drinking the carbonated water, and that definitely helps. i drink some everytime the nausea hits

watch the faggot's youtube channel, its there.

nice job user
what's your fat vs lean mass loss like at that bf%?

Approximately 6.5 lbs of lean, 8.5 lbs of fat.
So, the lean loss is (probably) mostly water.
I go to the gym 6 times a week to prevent muscle atrophy, very little cardio, though. It's too exhausting.

I took a DXA scan prior to my fast. I planned to complete Lent, but now I'm not sure I have enough body fat to do it. It would put me in the top of the essential fat range at this rate.
I'm going to do a DXA scan after I break the fast, too, so that I can check lean vs fat loss. I'll do a week re-feeding first, and eat the same meals at the same times in the 48 hours prior, so that I can get my water retention back to normal and get the scan done at close-to the same conditions as the before.
I'm excited to share the results with y'all, tbqh.
My biggest problem right now is that I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm not eating. I'm not painfully hungry, but mentally it's always on my mind that I'm not eating, and I'm not going to eat for a long time. Very distracting.

THIS
why does nobody ever talk about the smell its fucking disgusting

You must not wash yourself very often, I've never had a problem with bad smells.
Yes, mouth feels like something died inside it, but as long as you brush your teeth and your tongue it's not that bad

I think the breath is actually dead skin from drying out your mouth with salt water all day.
I stopped drinking snake juice and instead split my salts into four shots throughout the day. Basically knock back a 1/4 tsp of each mineral with water and just drink water normally otherwise.
Haven't had bad breath, other than normal morning breath, since. It's also a lot more tolerable than sipping snake juice.
Otherwise, get a tongue scrapper, and you'll see just how much shit comes off your tongue.

Yeah, first dry fast over 24 hours. Was really easy if I'm honest. I refed on a small meal and now I'm going straight back into snake juice fast for another 3 days minimum.

Capsbro, Am i fucking myself over by drinking unsweet tea with the electrolytes instead of water or does it make no difference?

I again paused my fasting to try to fix my suicidal depression and tiredness. Haven't changed at all, so I'm probably going to continue OMAD in a couple of days.
Still afraid to weigh myself since two months ago, may give it a week and try to discretely buy a scale.
Pretty sure I'm below 20%BF though finally. Probably should get a method to test that. Does the effects of OMAD and fasting generally slow down and level out at a set BF% point? Or should I just keep going as I do without changing anything?

I ate sugar like a hummingbird these past few days and im feeling the headaches like crazy now, how many days until the sugar addiction gets flushed out?

Attached: chrischan10.png (400x300, 307K)

ONCE YOU'RE UNABLE TO SLEEP, CONSIDER BREAKING THE FAST. SLEEP IS MORE IMPORTANT.

IT'S A COMMON ISSUE. KETO BREATH.

GOOD.

IF IT'S CAFFEINATED, YES. IF IT'S DECAF TEA, IT'S NOT MUCH OF A PROBLEM.

FIRST, BEING AFRAID OF THE SCALE MEANS YOU'RE AFRAID OF CONFRONTING THE TRUTH. STOP BEING A BITCH AND DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEMS FACE TO FACE. GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU'VE BECOME.
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF FASTING BEGINS TO DROP SIGNIFICANTLY GENERALLY BELOW 15% BF.

WHEN YOU TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.

>BEING AFRAID OF THE SCALE
no no, that isnt it.
I'm afraid of other people knowing that I'm weighing myself or tracking my weight, generally doing fitness activities.
Idk why. I'm deathly afraid of people I commonly interact with noticing any changes I do. I fear even getting a haircut. Idk why and it sucks.
I was using an industrial scale at my work but then they moved it. I'll just buy one

WHAT A BETA BITCH MINDSET. HERE'S THE TRUTH: NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOU, SO WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY THINK? START DOING THINGS FOR YOURSELF YOU FUCKING NEUROTIC, ANXIETY FILLED IDIOT.

I've tried to change. I cant. makes things worse.
anything I try makes it worse
Just dont worry about it please

Experience an ego death, after that you won't give two shits what people think....usually.

Ty capsbro, i'll buy some decaffinated tea today and start tomorrow

Attached: yooo.png (665x601, 513K)

I'm currently doing IF, 20:4 but I've been wondering about dipping my toe in water fasting but as of right now my only plan would be to not eat on the last day of every month, then maybe doing a 3 day water fast every 3 months - but would doing a 1 day fast even offer any benefit?

Does black coffee break a fast? A lot of people say it does because it's a xenobiotic but some say it doesn't matter so ???

GENETICALLY ENGINEERED CAT AND FOX GIRLS WHEN

What do these things do? I've seen this picture everywhere but I don't think I've seen anyone explain what's good about them, besides caffeine tablets supposedly reducing appetite.

Attached: manlet.jpg (992x1403, 1.05M)

Welcome to anorexia

Appetite suppressant

Is it that good at suppressing appetite? Ephedrine looks like a bitch to get in my country so I'd hate to go through the work for only marginal improvement.

Yeah it totally kills you appetite. 1 25mg dose with a 200mg dose of caffeine is enough to get me through the day

gimme quints