Is the Wim Hof method legit?

is the Wim Hof method legit?

Attached: wim.jpg (1280x850, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/cold-exposure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Attached: DFI_k2mXsAA2f5B.jpg (1200x797, 83K)

Yes it is
It has helped immensely lifting (due to improved breathing pattern) and I haven't got a cold since started it a year ago

people have been telling me its placebo xd

literally it is just hyperventilating (its not really though, he actually just takes DNP) and has killed numerous people trying to learn his scam

the guy is a fraud, his achievement is his fetishized obsession with getting erections while being cold and repeatedly damages his body and organs while his body works frantically to break down fat for heat.

he also supplements with DNP as this is literally exactly what DNP does. he is a fraud by every standard.

Attached: 144142-145634.png (300x234, 143K)

Please elaborate more. Very interesting.

Bullshit, his methods have been replicated by multiple scientific journals confirming his validity. The guys who died were idiots who tried the technique in pools and drowned after performing it wrong and passing out.

a) a man learns a "secret technique" for breathing that can cure all known diseases and cancer, that while being amazing and healing for some reason also makes his metabolism less efficient resulting in a higher body temperature which is only temporarily beneficial in a situation where he has no clothes on and is standing on top of a mountain, and detrimental in all other situations. more impressive is that he managed this technique while millions upon millions of mammals never developed this "technique" over millions of years trying to survive in cold environments even though it would have been overwhelmingly advantageous.

b) he bought DNP, a dangerous chemical 99.9% of the human race has no idea about, which makes his metabolism less efficient, resulting in a higher body temperature allowing him to be fine for short periods in cold environments

Attached: 1548225069219.jpg (820x906, 77K)

Thanks.

>runs marathons in ultra heat
>sits in ice for hours on end
>he's a fraud bro!

>Very interesting.
what are you? Some kike idiot?

Where are your sources big cat

Hell yeah buddy. Best shit ever

That's bullshit lol. He's set world records several times. He would be dead if he was abusing DNP every single time.
His technique also has been proven to prevent flu-like symptoms in several test subjects.

not with that hairline.

Do I get his immunity to cold if I consume his cum? He looks pretty daddy

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.31_[2018.10.19_20.53.42].png (853x1023, 1.05M)

>heard about it in a yoga thread
>thought it was some ancient meditation secret to the world type shit
>it's a boomer breathing heavy until he's warm

Cool meme guys

Skyrom is for teh Nards

Can someone please explain what is DNP, is it legal and safe in certain doses?

He's just a guy that founds something that works for him and in a naive autistic twist assumes what works for him will work for everyone else and when it doesn't well they're just doing it wrong.

yeah esp when you're cold it's literally foolproof it's like bro BREATHE DEEPER and you're good
also its a good first phase of meditation, quick and effective way to mitigate anxiety

Dinitrophenol, it's a questionably safe thermogenic that stimulates or mimics uncoupling protein which stops atp production but enables conversion of the electric potential to heat hence the sweating/core temp boost.

I understand this accusation. But the argument that the technique itself "the method" is useless is made in bad faith; stimulating epinephrine release via WH. Method and cold exposure is legit and actually helps boost short term immune responses

animal poster is a fag. who would've known

Buddhist monks use the same method it's called tummo. Or maybe all those monks are just taking DNP huh

Sodomites get the rope

Paint thinner
Dont take it please

Imagine being this much of a contrarian bucket-crab.

This broscience about how he can be explained away entirely by DNP (presumably since it's one of the few things within your limited gymcel knowledge you could even come up with?) is just a weird and stupid thing to say.

It's been decades now that he's been hanging out with scientists and journalists, and he's never once been caught with any kind of "cheat" in his feats of strength. Nobody ever even took the idea that he was a cheat seriously, the question was just whether he's a purely genetic anomaly or if he actually had some kind of method that could be useful to the rest of us. But it's not 2001 anymore, retard - the jury came back. It's method, not just genes.

The most he can be accused of is waxing hyperbolic on rare occasions about what the full extent of the health benefits of his method *may be discovered to be* through further testing. But he says those things as a stoked explorer who's excited about collaborating with doctors and scientists to keep finding out more, not some kinda vegan guru trying to convince people to throw out their prescribed medication and take his all-natural homeopathic cleanse powder.

Your posts make it clear that you barely actually learned about him at all before you started shitflinging. Stop being an ignorant faggot.

Attached: 1513813130102.jpg (542x554, 33K)

>if it's not fed to me by a yogi I don't want it
Fuck off.
Go roleplay that shit in Jow Forums.

Not even a cold in 3 years. And he's triggered a load of faggots, judging by theses threads.

This guy is literally a cold shower fedora meme. Fuck off

based and realitypilled

crab-bucketing studied phenomena is the surest way to show that you had mad big fish, tiny, itsy bitsy pond syndrome

like how fucking intellectually insecure do you have to be to start posting contrarian "nuh uhs" at something confirmed three times in PNAS

examine.com/supplements/cold-exposure/

>i only hang out with people dumber than me because i absolutely cannot stand learning new things if they didn't originate from me and my interests: the post

i have a friend exactly like you and you're both so full of shit at all times. you're the kind of guy who goes "well, but..." no matter what's been said

Got fucking mogged and destroyed byAbsolute brutal. Cat posters are always low IQ compared to ape and dog posters.

are you fucking serious you brainlet? he climbs mountains in his underwear and stays submerged in ice cold water longer than we thought humanly possible

Don't you risk brain damage with the hyperventilation induced with this method ??

Attached: 1530086579523.jpg (736x552, 21K)

Maybe I don't lurk enough, but these were some of most brutal replies I've seen. Props to HTF guy.

Did it cure your depression and shit like that too?
Does it help mentally?

The most based explanation of WHM I’ve seen

But higher metabolism makes your temperature rise, you're talking out of your ass.

idk but I can definitely confirm that getting really cold from time to time vastly improves your life. I take an ice cold shower every morning, and it's made all my tiredness and brain fog go away completely. It's like, before my shower I am groggy and annoyed, then after, I am completely alert, and that sensation doesn't go away for several hours, by which time I'm already awake enough to get through my day. It seems ridiculous to me now that I used to just go through my day with that post-sleep grogginess still affecting me. I've also taken up shirtless skiing and polar bear swims, which have been quite beneficial, al though you can get a mean rash if you crash into icy snow while shirtless skiing. Seems worth it for the epic tan though.

your body won't allow you to get brain damage. having someone force you to not be able to breath so you pass out is the way for brain damage. kids used to do this when i was young

Attached: 1431348237356.jpg (400x267, 23K)

It's basically hyperventilation and I will never try it after already having had success with the Buteyko method which is the exact opposite

>Catposters are retarded
Who would have thought? Dogposting is superior in every way

Attached: 1538685703277.jpg (720x960, 112K)

Do cold showers have physical and/or mental health benefits?

yes

I've heard to not get your hair wet though and acclimate limbs before shoulders to avoid gasping for air

>not get your hair wet
Y ?

Attached: 1507918967-d.jpg (640x640, 112K)

based retard

Attached: 1488745270342.jpg (1124x1024, 129K)

excuse me what, do you have literally any evidence
what about the numerous people he has taught to do literally the same thing? me included (and surprise, i'm not taking dnp). also literally what is "secret" about proper breathing? is eating properly a "secret" too?
yes it works i've practiced it for a year now. having good lung capacity also helps you.
head is more sensitive to the cold and it doesn't really store fat

There is a lot of blood flowing to the brain while the head isn't really thermally insulated so you lose heat quickly. I don't mind running in a cold weather in shorts and short sleeves provided I keep my head warm.