Heels in sky

Every time I try to squat, my heels go up no matter what. I need to fix it.

What do?

Attached: squat-with-heels-up-1-267x300.jpg (267x300, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drjohnrusin.com/10-exercises-to-instantly-improve-ankle-mobility/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Squat down slowly
2. When your heels come off the ground, stop and raise up a bit
3. Hold the position for as long as you can
4. Repeat

Stretch your calves a lot

do some stretches to warm up your ankles range of motion.

practice holding onto something and keeping your heels flat while squatting deep

Sit back when you squat.

just get squat shoes

do flexibility work on your off days

squat in high heels

Kek

I tried this, never did shit for me and I have same problem as OP, just real bad. Can't even get to parallel and my heels come up. Have only been doing basically sumo squats the last few years. Finally trying some ankle/dorsiflexion mobility exercises I saw online on the daily to see if they can help at all.

You have shitty ankle mobility. Work on it.

actually most likely the band behind your knees is shorter than is required for your body to fully squat without this happening. i went to the chiropractor and this is what he told me. its not something that really can be fixed, but i would suggest setting, say, a plate under each heal so you still have a firmer stance

I had this problem for a while. My form was off. Look up proper squat form and have someone watch while you do the motions.

Put a small weight under your heels, 2.5kg disk maybe, it'll allow you to squat lower and keep your back straighter for longer.

This op

Attached: calf_stretch.jpg (300x340, 12K)

horrible advice

Make sure when you squat down you can wiggle your toes. That's where you want your feet to be. That's the proper form. IT's easy too. Can't wiggle your toes? you're too far forward. feel like your'e pushing your shoes through the ground as you squat down.

Can confirm it’s all ankle mobility related.

I have the same problem and I have been taking sessions with a personal trainer for the last month or so, and they’ve all said that I have the worst ankle mobility that they’ve ever seen before

So how do I fix ankle mobility

just up the weight until your ankles cant handle the load anymore and your heels will touch the ground

wider stance and point your feet outwards
t. had the same problem starting out

like all the anons said ankle mobility
you're going to need to work on your calves and feet muscles as they can limit your ankle mobility as well as practicing to full squat and getting your ankle used to being in that position

what are some good exercises/stretches for ankle mobility?

you probably have tight calves as well as shit tier hip and ankle mobility

its bad ankle mobility and also bad form. try a wider stance and toes pointing a bit more outwards, experiment until it feels right. Dont follow advice given by manlets with short legs

I've been asking the same questions forever and faggots here don't answer. They just keep saying squat with a plate behind your heel. I'm trying a few exercises I saw online daily to see if they help from site related.
drjohnrusin.com/10-exercises-to-instantly-improve-ankle-mobility/

Wear oly shoes to squat.

literally just keep squatting, your flexibility will improve within a few weeks.

This may sound stupid and it probably has nothing to do but I started lifting in Chucks and it stopped.

Make sure your form is good and your center of gravity isn't too far forward, open your legs wider, and try oly shoes.

I mean maybe, if you aren't already in a deep hole of shit mobility. If your mobility is more just bad I guess and not horrible. Repetitive bad movements create long term bad movement patters.

Stop being american

is this you ben?

most people don't have shit mobility and can't be bothered with mobilitylets like you

>just ducttape-fix your problem
great advice user

checked and kekked

Fucking western spies. Get lost

More like this site is filled with PT wannabee DYELs that have heard terms like poor ankle mobility and the like thrown around, but have little clue how to actually help besides just saying stretch with little other direction or specificity.

Did exactly this until I could do it properly without 'em

Exactly, they a crutch. Use them if you need to get the movement in for work, but still be working on getting the mobility up so you don't need them on side still.

Try low-bar squats; they require more shoulder mobility but far less ankle mobility (knees just barely travel past your toes, if at all)
You can find videos of the form online but Starting Strength (the book) goes into tons of depth if you have the time to read nearly 100 pages about squatting

Holy shit kill yourself. This is the only post that will actually help him keep his heels on the floor.

See
>Sit back when you squat.

Your OP image shows that what you think you do in a squat is wrong. Imagine you're sitting back into a very low chair. Your knees need not travel forward much, and excessive knee travel can cause shear force on your ACL and MCL because arch collapse (will look like "knee cave" or "valgus"

Doesn't matter if high bar or low, you'll end up sitting more or less belly between your thighs in the hole of a squat.

I could go on. Horrible advice. Do not advise anybody else on this board for a long time, this is categorically wrong and you could hurt someone with bad advice in the future

forgot to add no to try to have vertical torso just keep it tight and let it get more angle
people who have this problem often have very long legs, short torsos and long arms

>not vertical
Right, vertical chest is what causes the knee travel/heel lift. Sitting back works as a simple cue because they still won't go horizontal chest, most likely

This

Poor ankle mobility
Sit back when you squat
Wear oly shoes
Or front squat/safety bar

Wow, people who actually lift on Jow Forums
Strange