Crossfit

Give me the a quick rundown on crossfit

There's a few gyms in the city I'm in and the people who go there seem to be in unironically great shape

I've heard Jow Forums say it's shit before but what I've seen strongly contradicts that

Also seems to be fairly social- I like my private lifting time, but I wouldn't mind meeting more people in this city

Attached: crossfit.jpg (1685x1123, 774K)

why not just try it out? why are you looking for nonlifting antisocial LARPers on Jow Forums to tell you BS excuses why not to do it?

go ahead and try it, if you like shoving cocks down your throat

It's expensive af so I wanted to see if anyone here had actually done it long-term

>It's expensive af

how expensive?

I'm in SF atm

Like $300 for 10 classes, that kind of shit

New to the city so still gauging prices but I'd consider that pretty fuarking expensive

I did it for a year. Body building and strict lifts translate into it and vice versa.
There are always attractive women there and everyone is positive.
If you use proper form and technique, you will not get hurt. Key is to go 75-85% during workouts to keep from breaking yourself down depending on how often you intend to go.
If you don’t know proper technique 9/10 times you can 1 on 1 with the instructors and pick their brain.
That was my experience with it. I don’t go anymore because I don’t know how to go 75-85% during the workouts. I like to go balls to the wall 110% and I tend to get hey or burnt out.

Every CrossFit gym I’ve ever seen is 2 fit guys, a handful of cardio bunnies and about 50 fat women. My friend started a CrossFit gym and rakes in the fucking dough because these fat whales lose 10 pounds and thinks crossfit saved their lives.

Honestly man, coming from a traditional gym they do a lot of weird ass shit. They key seems to be that everything is a fucking circuit so you will sweat your ass off for an hour but you’ll look like an idiot doing it. Go look at how those idiots do pull-ups then come back. You’ll be flipping tires, digging like a dog and maybe spinning around with your head on a baseball bat. Seriously a typical “workout” is like this:

> 35 burpees
> 10 push ups
> 45 seconds of Dutch Squirrel Squats
> repeat 3 times
> post your sweaty disgusting face on Instagram #squad #fitspo #girlboss

It’s a stupid inefficient way of doing cardio and not a good way to build muscle. I can’t think of a single reason to do CrossFit aside from the major social aspect (hence why women gravitate towards it, and men go where the women are so...)

>Pros
-Hot girls
-Some cool guys that know what they’re doing kinda
-group fitness and community
-Normies do barbell
-cardio that gets you lean
-you can ge pretty strong and lean under the right guidance of a god coach

>cons
-expensive
-meme movements
-no progressive overload
-shit coaches
-big egos small lifts
-all teh hotties are usually taken by guys
-older clientele
-expect to be shunned if you don’t do the classes, jk

It’s cool, but better if you’re social. I am not social I’m on Jow Forums.

>expect to be shunned if you don’t do the classes, jk

I presume by >jk here you mean
>jk but not rly :)

That's kind of the problem with social things full of women

The only good thing about Crossfit is that they got oly weightlifting popular (clean & jerk, snatch, etc...).
The rest is just meme exercising and bad form for those real workouts.

Attached: 1552415044903.jpg (242x224, 16K)

I did it for two years.

Every class had at least 2 insanely hot women and 5 whales.

The owners were general cool but always pressured me to go to their weekend competition events. (never did).

Eventually I got tired of paying $160mo and working out with 20 people at a time and quit to do my own thing again.

The pace that it goes in my opinion makes for a higher probability for injury.

thats like 30 dollars per gym visit fuck that

Listen to me user, you are lucky I am here, I was about to sleep

Xfit is just a brand, it is literally just weighs with cardio, hence the cross

This is nothing new or novel idea. If you like doing awesome shit, JOIN STRONGMAN GYM

YOU WILL GET BIG, you CANNOT stay skinny fuck if you do yoke walks, farmers walk with proper equipment, atlas stones, sandbag throws

They prioritise the SHIT out of compound movements, you WILL get big and strong. And you WILL Move fast as well since you will be doing sleds, rope pulls, prowlers and your everyday push pull push legs routines

It's not shit like Powerlifting where you eat burger King and do a gay ass bench press.

If you want introduction to strongman look up BRIAN ALSRUHE on YouTube. It's slightly cheaper than xfit and much bigger bang for your buck

High risk, decent reward.

You can lift safer and more effective

I've been doing it for 7 years. It's like any other gym, you get out what you put in. Some people don't like classes, but my gym has open gym time as well as classes. I ignore the new trainers most of the time.
I like the social aspect. I take a long unch to get away from my desk.
Mine is 150 a month, I usually go 4-5 days a week.

Cons
>teaching poor form
>hard to track progression
>exercise selection is constantly rotating
>expensive

Pros
>hot thots
>brap hogs
>active women
>gets you cut
>builds endurance
>builds heart health
>builds a little muscle

I guess there's value to be had if you need someone to coach you on how to do the compound lifts and can't find it anywhere else, but after you get a good understanding on proper form I suggest you drop the membership and join a regular gym.

Crossfit focuses on finishing the workouts in the lowest possible time, sacrificing form and thus health and gains. Literally no reason to do it if you want to train. If you just want to have a fun exercise, go for it.

>do a gay ass bench press.

faggot detected

>$300 for 10 classes
What the fuck in the fuck?

Im doing cf with my gf for 2 years

Best choice I have ever done, if you get a good instructor they will teach you the right movement (squat, clean, snatch, deadlift, bench, etc)

It teach you to not quit when you're about to break. Good workout

Cons : lack of bench / strict press, I mix gym with cf.

You learn lots of new movements (gymnastic, walking on hand, double under, etc, pretty fun)

Competition bench is gay as fuck

CrossFit has nothing inherently wrong with it. Every CrossFit gym is franchised, which means bad proprietors do a bad job training and good proprietors do a good job.

Bad trainers will push you too far, encourage you to work past failure into injury and will not teach good form. Good trainers will do the opposite.

CrossFit gets a bad rap because it should. You're only as string as your weakest link and bad CrossFit gyms (read trainers) make up too large of a minority to excuse the remainder.

If you'd like to try it then try it, and maybe it will be awesome, maybe it will be terrible. If it's terrible then you should walk away