Have to run 1 km in less than 3 min 45 secs

>have to run 1 km in less than 3 min 45 secs
>not cardio fit

How to achieve this? I have been running for the past 3 days. Competition is on Tuesday.

Attached: 0JSu1vl.jpg (1080x1350, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_hzssKb9940
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pls help

Work your lower back / glutes. Sprint for speed, not endurance.

how fat are you that you can't do this naturally

>hey fit how do i lose 5 pounds by tomorrow
i dunno do hiit, and jogs

I'm actually not fat at all. I don't know why I can't do it. I think I can hit ~4 min 10 sec pretty comfortably. I haven't done cardio in a long time.

>cardio day
>bench press instead

Attached: devi.jpg (470x595, 201K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_hzssKb9940

>be OP
>inspiring rock music starts music starts playing.
>gets on jet to Nepal
>runs on the mountains, training V02 Max.
>montage for 3 hours.
>OP meets QT3.14 mongo
>promise to return after the Tuesday competition.
>more mountain running montage
>romantic downtime with QT3.14 montage.
>saying good bye on Monday
>Plane lands
>open walks up to the track
>music is really pumping now
>OP starts running.
>running montage.
>time running out
>pushing the limits now
>thinks back to training
>thinks back to his new love
>3 min mark hits
>almost there
>ALL OUT NOW
>OP crosses the line
>3: 34 on the clock
>cut scene
>OP busts open QTs bed room door
>she jumps into his arms.
>He starts to grab he butt and realizes he feels her boner pushing against his balls.

Hit 3:45 uncomfortably then. Push yourself hard enough to feel like you want to throw up pussy

that's almost a 6 minute mile pace. unless you're fat or REALLY out of shape, you should be able to push yourself for 3:45. I'd recommend doing some active stretches and warming up before you run.

a 6 min mile pace is not easy by any means. Running a 6 min mile is hauling ass. Long distance guys only run like a 7.5 min mile pace or even 8. Pro guys doing marathon are running under 9 and normal guys are 9 and 10.

is that natalie fucking portman?

>6 min mile is unimpressive

what is it with Jow Forums and pretending they're all cardiogods? there's no way a 6 min mile is not impressive.

yeah, livestrong has guides and how-tos for trying to get an 8 min mile.

It's easy to talk about a 6 min mile from behind a six pack of Mt dew 2 liters

It used to be 9 minutes in hs.

this might be the most underrated post on the board right now.

Are you fucking retarded? Professional marathoners run sub-5 minute miles.

Yeah but he's not running a 6 minute mile. He's running 6 minute pace for 1k, which is not hard at all.

Distance runner here - I can do 1km in about 3:45. You're kinda fucked. Try doing hill sprints till failure and then a 2km jog to cool down to train. You need a couple of days rest before the race tho...

It's actually possible, eat nothing and spend all day swimming

5 is less than 9 you autist

>Long distance guys only run like 7.5 min mile pace or even 8
yeah ok dipshit

I want to shoot cum on her face.

Find the pace you can maintain to complete 1k. Doesn't matter how slow. Every time you do 1k try to shave off a small portion of time eg. 1st time is 10min, 2nd time should be 9:45min and so on and so on. Go by how you feel but always try to shave off time.

cardio kills gains

7.5 MM is a 3:16:39 Marathon you autist.

You seem to think you need to be in the top 10 in the entire world to be considered fast. Those guys do run 4:40 mile pace, they are world record holders.

ΧΡ

You are literally autistic

Attached: EFF7C757-3958-4DB9-9F29-DD26A08B06DA.jpg (750x771, 798K)

Everyone ignore this cuck. He has NEVER ran a marathon.

A 6 minute mile pace? I thought everyone could already do this?

It's not even a full mile, you should be able to sprint this.

You think a 6 min mile is average? You think most people on this forum can do that? What a joke.

This fucking idiot says PROFESSIONAL runners are doing marathons "under 9" which is blatantly misleading. And the OP isn't even running a marathon, he is running less than one mile at a 6 minute pace. If you pathetic pieces of shit can't even comprehend this argument then don't bother responding

6 is fast for normies. When I ran track in high school the winners in the 1600 were hiting 4:30-4:50. 6min mile pace will get you in the front 3rd of a cross country race.

Yeah but that's over 3.1 miles. This dude is just doing 1k. That's really not that fast

In my final year of school we had to run a 5k.
You had to run under 25 minutes to pass, might have even been lower.
An 'A' was like 18:30 or something like that.

So yeah 1k in 4 minutes should be doable you fat fuck

Why is this thread a thing, If you want to train cardio. Start with 30 secs of running and 2 mins of walking. Bump it up to 1 min of running and 2 mins of walking. Once you have enough endurance to do this, do 2 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking.

Attached: 2lc1r0.jpg (564x843, 123K)

Also you better start running your ass off if you want to get ready.

Running 400m in 90 seconds should be fairly easy to do with a relatively relaxed stride, doing it for 800m should also be easy. Just find your stride for the first 800m and then just sprint the last 200m.

This is assuming you have no endurance

SPRINT. Sprint like a motherfucker. Do 30 second sprints then 30 second run, or 20 second sprint and 10 second run if you're into Tabata shit. Do uphill sprints too, preferably find a training partner who you can race against. Just running alone will do little for your goal because it's not high intensity. Once you can do 1 minute sprint - 1 minute run for 20 minutes consistently this will be a walk in the park.

Based

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Long distance runner here. There is some really shitty advice in here OP don't listen to any of it other than the running your ass off. If you've been running for only 3 days you're probably well over 5min/km avg pace. Being that you're a new runner the last thing you're going to want to do is any intensive running before the race. You're going to just have to push yourself hard and deal with the pain. Good luck...

this op, sprints would be great training if you had the time, but you don’t. Just gonna have to blitz yourself, don’t push too hard at the start but towards the end dig deep and sprint, give it everything you’ve got