/weak/

/weak/
Who is /weak/ for? New lifter and geneticlets who where not gifted with as much starting out. strength most people.
>tfw can bench 110 pounds for reps after 3 months
>tfw started out benching 78 pounds for reps
We are all gonna make it

Attached: hmph-well-im-sorry-for-being-weak-anime-irl-26296107.png (500x953, 170K)

70 pound cable rows after 2 weeks

I'm at 62 pounds for cable rows after 3 months don't feel bad anom

women do not belong here.

I am a man

your numbers say otherwise

>wah I've gone to the gym 3 months and can onky do X weight I'm weak

Nigga when I started doing squats with no bar and no added weight caused my legs to crumple under my own weight, and now I'm squatting my bodyweight for 5x5s without sweating. You literally just need to life more. Dont fall for this meme muh genetics shit

Hence why I'm making an encouraging general to support currently weak anons.
Now fuck off

Attached: D1l_G8fXcAAbI-w.jpg (219x230, 12K)

been going to the gym since December and my ohp is 95 my bench is 105 and when i started it was like 65 my dead is at 275 but when i started it was at 95 and my squat is 2pl8 and when i started it was at 95

i know it aint much but im working on it bois were all gonna make it

Not that user but if you aren't memeing you really should cut the genetics bullshit. I'm not saying that it isn't a factor but it probably isn't a good idea bringing it up in a general for beginners either.

Male 21 started benching 40 lbs. Now a few months later benching 100 lbs. Are my genetics just trash?

Why deny our genetic reality? Are you an sjw? Either way we geneticlets have a worse starting point and that's a fact we have to work harder to get anywhere.

Are you including the bar? If so then yes your genetics are as bad as mine. But put it this way when we finally reach a non-white weight we will keep going up and doing more not rolling backwards so let's keep going fren

Attached: 1552327616735s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

At 5'3" and 120 lbs my starting point is quite a bit lower than average.
My body just isn't made for lifting and I'll never be strong.
However in therms of relative strength and endurance I do pretty well.

I overhead press 3x5 50lbs, bent over rows 3x6 60lbs, feeling bretty weak.

I dumbell ohp only 55 pounds after 3 months.

I am 5' 11 and 125 lbs. (mostly bone and fat) Where do I start. NEET so I have all the time in the world.

Attached: 1550613049384.jpg (1600x2160, 216K)

Get a gym membership. Go to the gym 2-3 times a week and split up push, pull, and leg exercises. When you start the most important thing is just consistency. So you can begin with machines for ease. Is also recommend getting a book on muscle anatomy for weightlifting.

161 lbs 6'2
Bench: 135x6
OHP: 85x8
Row: 120x4
Squat: 195x4
DL: 205x8
Started lifting 2 years ago in HS and never feltike I was progressing, stopped lifting last summer for 2 months and decided not be a pussy in September and went back at it, basically from square one and am now strongest I've ever been, it's no 1/2/3/4 but I'm proud of the progress I have made and hope to encourage other anons on here not to give up.

Attached: 20190317_233331.jpg (1221x1453, 680K)

I can bench 150 but can't squat more than 135 without low back issues. Would it be a good idea to start doing front squats instead?

Started at 135lbs, now I'm at 170. You're all gonna make it brahs

Probably wrong bar placement and form. If that's not the case, then try a belt

You're getting depth by bending your back forward. Do 10 sets of 10 reps with lower weight to fix your form. If doing highbar do not lean forward.

Going to the gym for the first time after work tonight. Gonna try to start establishing my starting weights. Wish me luck bros.

whats an exercise that i can really learn to activate my trap cards?

Mind muscle or lack-there-of is hurting me in many muscle groups and i do spend some time experimenting with different movements to find something that works.

Close grip db press, landmine row, concentration curl, 1.5 rep lat raise and crossover reverse fly are all helping me to identify and use certain muscles, but i cant find anything that singles out and makes me concentrate on lats.

Good luck user. I would usually go tommorow but I have a mild fever and don't feel like chugging energy drinks to compensate

First of all, lets talk about your self-image.

You dont have to lift 700lb deadlift to be strong
Asian men who do karate all day are your weight and height and are super strong too

I'm not denying it, I'm just saying you're only a stone's toss from the fatties lamenting about their genetics. You may be slightly healthier but you're just as much of a faggot whining about your structural manlitism.

>Actively trying to better yourself by first defining the problem to solve is bad
Get the fuck out of my thread retard

I started with 2.5 kg on each side and now I bench 2pl8s for 8 reps.

Pretty good. Despite being a weakfag I've made good gains. My quest to become a big guy for you continues

The problem may also have something to do with you not fucking lifting/ improper diet.

How long did that take?

>Backpedaling: the post.
Cope harder fagboy

3+ years but i wasted 1.5 years on isolations and trying to cut eventhough i had a 6pack. (Spent too much time looking at sub 8 %bf roiders)
I never got fat in the process, it was a slow bulk where I had at least a 4 pack the entire time.

never gonna make it to the top shelf

Except there's such a thing as small joints, small frame and being terrible at explosive work. Hell, the nfl and plenty of other groups test the latter with the vertical jump test.

Meanwhile fatties talk about breaking thermodynamics.

6'2 went from 180 -> 200lbs in 2 months. bench went from 80-100lbs for reps. i wish i was like those fatfucks on here that say they can eat 3k calories without trying

lat pulldown, pull up/chin up. lean back slightly. some do lat pushdowns but im not a particular fan due to how far the arm ends up extending, it's also really easy to lose activation and end up using a lot of posterior delt and bodyweight instead; lat pulldowns and pull up variations are just better.
for traps do power cleans, and heavy dumbbell shrugs at the end of your workout, do clean pulls rather than deadlifts.

ya'll are doin great. just make sure eat as much clean food as you can and progressive overload hard, mix in combinations of volume and intensity in your microcycle.

Cable pulldowns, no bending at the arms and do a shoulder extension.

>still straggle to do few push up but month ago i wasn't able to do just one
>wasn't able to do kettlebell 16kg overhead with left hand month ago
We all gonna make it.

>Keep back tight
>keep pelvis forward
>bar rising straight up and down
>weight on centre of foot
>knees and feet aligned
>keep head aimed forward and neck straight
>Tried basically every foot position further and further out

And my back is still in fucking agony after every squat session, even just with an empty bar. Im so fucking frustrated I cant fucking do anything right and Im never going to see any fucking progress.

Im hoping to hit 2 plate in about a year. Goal is 200 pounds by the end of this calendar year. I'm bulking
I've found my strength goes up a lot when I bulk. I cut really hard in the past and it made me weak af. So I bulk and walk a lot everyday to deal with the excess as much as possible.
The fapping arm is always a little stronger

Attached: D0n1rwvXcAE1ZMX.jpg (670x517, 53K)

Let's talk about yours faget

I've failed 70 lbs OHP twice after going down a bit and It's really getting to my head, squats and deadlift seem to be progressing fine.

I think that SL 5x5 is definitely better than any 3x5 program for weak guys starting out. I don't have any science for this, just my own anecdotal evidence of what worked for me. So if you're lurking this thread wondering where to start, do Strong Lifts 5x5.

Not sure I even have rear delts, how much worse is it to high bar squat for a beginner?

Post picture of your form. That's the best way to get assistance on it.

OHP is ass to progress don't lose hope

good thread, make sure to keep it up. im barely above that, but we'll make it.

Rows.
Do em light weight and lots of reps until you feel em. Then increase the weight and test yourself to keep form.

test

i'm almost leg pressing 200 kg and today i had the new mcdonald's fries and 10 nuggets at bk, plus chicken thigh and salad with a bit of tzatziki

I had to skip gym today due to fever and cold sweats. Im laying on bed mostly today in the hopes I'll be gyming tommorow. Good news is I'm benching 15kg plates for reps when I was 13.75kg before. So at least I hit that

Attached: 1551908031117.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

>most of my lifts progressing
>can't seem to bench over 150lbs or ohp 90lbs

this is fucked i can squat 2pl8 and deadlift 260 no problem and can db incline press 40lbs for sets of 12 but CANT FUCKING PROGRESS ON BENCH AND THE PRESS FFFUUUUCCCKK

Attached: 43f34363116f4dde2109bfd4592855f2f752abd99f41e826dd010d699042eb04.jpg (250x206, 10K)

also 2pl8 squat and 260DL are for 3x5 not my 1rm which i have never tested

I just do cables and machines for back. I used to bent over row 110 pounds 5x6 but I felt like it wasnt hitting back very well so I went back to machines. Anyway your OHP and bench press is way better then mine it's all progress however slow. Do you warm up to the Weight? I managed to increase bench by starting lower and adding.

yeah always start with the bar & do two or three more warm up sets with progressively higher weights

>6 years of lifting
>cannot do past 45kg ohp

My progress basically halted because I started keto and am now too goddamn tired to do anything (I also work a physical job). I'm cutting at an extraordinarily slow rate in spite of making sub-TDE calories every fuckin' day. Still flabby too. fml

Attached: 1552197100288.jpg (411x316, 41K)

That's pretty pathetic bro I'm sorry
I've3 been lifting just over a year and am on 45 5x5, considering trying 47.5 tomorrow

>6'6 270lbs
>Stuck at 150lbs bench.
>Stuck at 100lbs squat due to recent leg injury.

I just wanna die.

I know, terrible genetics.
I even started to roid recently just to get some progress in after all those years.

That's pretty pathetic too

Eat more. Escape this world. And ofc lift

I bench 65 too ;_;

>been going to the gym for just over a year now
>didn't progress almost at all from may to december last year
>cut out caffeine, weed, and alcohol
>see immediate and substantial improvement over past month
>current stats (5rm):
>Bench 135
>OHP 65 (weakest lift)
>Squat 190
>DL 245
how am i doing

Attached: cover.jpg (400x395, 47K)

I've been lifting for about a year now, but I haven't really progressed at all. To be fair I haven't been very disciplined and I have some problems with depression and a very exhausting job, but now I've gotten tendonitis at the elbows and pain in shoulder joint that won't go away so I just feel like giving up. I don't even lift anything heavy.

Also I'm 5'10 140 lbs

don't lose hope brother. Have you seen a doctor for your tendonitis? They might be able to give you some sleeves or something to help restore function/diminish the pain you're feeling in your joints

thank you for this ridiculous album cover because i looked it up and it's actually kinda great

no problem, glad to see another Jow Forumsizen bangin some Screw

I'm seeing a physiotherapist this week. Have been using wrist wraps to help stabilize the forearms, but it hasn't worked for my elbows

I’ve been lifting for 2 years and still can’t bench 110 pounds get fucked untermenschlet.

I started lifting around December. I could only bench about 95 lbs 10x4, now I'm up to 155 10x4. I weigh 183, 6'0. I'm a total wristlet, though. Started at 169 lbs.

Finally a thread I can relate to.

Have you tried starting lower and then building up? I only hit 110pounds for reps recently
That's why I made it. Share your experiences user

Attached: D18Z7xTWoAAr6J0.jpg (1366x1366, 209K)

Who /6 inch wrist/ here? Talk about real genetic weakness.

Never measured them. Think of it this way though the smaller your wrists are the bigger your biceps will look

me, but I'm on test and it's not slowing me down so far. I don't care about being able to compete ever.

i have the same height and i was even lighter than you (119 lbs) after 1,5 years im 140 pounds, still skinny but looking hella healthier. I'm not a super strong dude but now i can move some heavy shit when someone needs it. You will make it

It's all in your head user you'll get it. I used to ohp 65 (10s on the bar) and now do 105 (30s)

Not that guy but how much stronger is ok? I have noticeably more definition in my left arm than my right and it makes me kinda sad

You're doin fine bro not weak at all. RIP Screw

obviously you need to change your programming lol
its not genetics.....
EAT MORE TWINK

>geneticlets
your never going to make it
its not your genetics its 100% you not EATING MORE
and doing isolation focusing on contracting your muscles.
100% of your issues could be solved by eating more and doing 3 day fullbody with linear progression on compounds

Your OHP : bench ratio is fucking god-tier. Maybe add a little more chest, like dips and BP variations? nice job, user.

>tfw so weak before lifting couldn't even bench 60 lb

>Lifting bodyweight
>Only 5x5
Dude I dunno what to say but you belong here in /weak/. Try lifting twice your bodyweight. Until then, get cozy here.

Attached: 1539135559155.jpg (750x1334, 88K)

My deadlift is 65lb after 1 month of lifting.

Attached: rgsmcs.jpg (853x552, 73K)

dude what, no offense that's pretty terrible even for a girl. do you have some sort of severe disability or something?

Lifitng for 5 and a half months
Started with the bar on everything to 135 bench, 110 OHP, 225 deadlift, 150 squat

Is it shit?

Attached: CD8B0A2D-BCDE-4E35-8027-916B07A0955E.jpg (1920x1920, 1.47M)

Check your form my man, there's no way that's possible

You got some meaty ass shoulders for only benching 135, you doing strict press?

>Start: 5’ 8” @130lbs
Bench: 100lbs absolute max
Squat: 155lbs
Deadlift: N/A (probably ass)

>Now: 5’ 8” @185lbs
Bench: 275lbs
Squat: 518lbs
Deadlift: 585lbs

We all start somewhere, lads. Doesn’t matter where. Never stop improving.

my bench has stalled at 135 for a few weeks and i dont know what to do, i bench 3 times a week, but i barely eat any protein, does it really have that much effect on strength?

How to get good at benching? Currently struggling to break 195lb plateau. Feel like such an inferior chestlet

Probably not the best person to ask desu.
But if I were to give advice, work both normal grip and close grip. Incorporate DB bench. Do triceps extensions (make sure to hit all three heads). Do chest flies to finish your workout. Usually sets of 10 reps are good if you choose a smart weight and control the shit out of it with proper form.

Veganism is an eating disorder, dude.

Start eating meat.

how do you look at 200lbs? I'm 6'2" 180lbs and I look fat still