Why is SS and SL considered meme workouts...

why is SS and SL considered meme workouts. i've read the sticky and those are on there but i read threads talking about how these workouts r gay. pls explain need to make gains ;///

Attached: 2e1lxv.jpg (645x729, 31K)

You're only meant to run those for a few months but lots of people run them for much longer and get shit results.

they are not meme workouts.

1. Volume is way too low. Beginners would gain more form practice AND gain more muscle mass by doing more reps.
2. One-size-fits-all is bullshit. You have to find what lifts work best for your body.
For example, the trap bar deadlift is a superior lift to the conventional deadlift in virtually all ways for the vast majority of people, unless your goal is to be a powerlifter.
3. No isolation work. Again, this is trash. You need volume to grow.

i see. thx man i have been doing it so i can start getting used to lifting since i havent since high school football
but will take note that its only for the first month(s)

they exist to teach you how to do compound exercises so that as a noob you can gain some strength and figure things out, you are supposed to at bare minimum add stuff to them a few months later like accessory exercises such as dips, curls, weight chin ups etc. but many people just do completely different programs after they grow out of these

the problem is that there are some people (including mehdi himself, the creator of SL) who think you can just do 5x5 forever and that's good enough, so newfags get meme'd into doing this and don't see any results when they should have added accessories by like week 8 and change their program a few months in. do not get meme'd into thinking SL is all you need. why? look at mehdi, or people who only do SL/SS. is that what you want to look like? literally nobody who became impressively swole only ever did SL/SS

hm ok yea sometimes i try to add some stuff i remember from high school but i never really worked out for any other reason than do better in sport..

do u think u can share ur routine? it may be more advanced but i want to know.

Also I'd advise you to add 2-4 isolation exercises to the hole program. Arms and rear delts in particular.
Calves if you need those.

Doesn't take that much time and won't fuck up your recovery.

ok! thx! will take note of that man

What would you advise for intermediate program after SS? Texas method?

People here literally don't read, get stuck after phase 1 of starting strength, then blame it on rippletits that they're illiterate.

They're not a meme, it's just that you actually need to add accessories to them, like facepulls, chinups, ab work etc.
>5x5
>low volume
found a brosplit retard

Post Body

Starting Strength is good, just skip the milk and eat like a normal human being

post college diploma

don't actually take Jow Forumss advice lol

Post credit card front and back first

no you post birth certificate with visible personal data first

No. Stronglifts is for about 6 months, then your supposed to do Madcow
Starting strength HAS periodization in it to help you when you start stalling. It adds in assistant and accessory lifts.
There is no need to change if you actually read it and aren’t a retard.

Trap bar deadlift is vastly inferior lol. It’s a quarter squat. It also will add tremendous spinal loading Becuase you can lift probably 100lbs more with the low handles and 200-300lbs more with the high handles.
It will take forever to add weight on and take it off. Also you’ll be taking all the plates.
And you have to have like 500lb low handles to equal 405 convential deadlift and 600lbs high handles to equal convential deadlift.

The volume thing you may have a point BUT it’s a LINEAR PROGRESSION, ie your constantly adding weight workout to workout. Volume should come after a base is built and your can’t linear progress every workout.
Ie when your and intermediate. It makes little sense for a beginner to do that. It will tax them, hard to
Measure progress.

SS tells you to modify the program over time, plus adds exercises/isolation as you become stronger. It has periodization and different stages
SL gives you dips, chins, and isolation work to the program as well and tells you to do Madcow 5x5 after 6 months Lmao.
But a beginners should focus on the big lifts alone for atleast 3 months or more.

Granted I think grey skull LP is FAR superior, but SS/SL are fine for beginners. AND THEY TELL YOU TO SWITCH/GIVE PERIODIZATION + isolation and other assitance

But no one actually reads the shit

They are not. Do SL as written for 3 months then add in the chins/dips + isolation AS WRITTEN.
SS HAS ISOLATION. But it’s late in the program as you advance.

The only real downside is lack of facepulls, so just add in 1 set of 20 every work out

medhi passive aggressively says "well you don't NEED to add exercises but if you must be a faggot, do these" on the SL website so it gives people the wrong impression

Can I post my sweet mexican granma?

why not

Man you would love her. Sure she will scold you to dead but in retrospective she just tells you things you already know but don't want to face. AND after all that she will feed you until Eddie Hall says that's enough! Let me look for her photo.

Attached: IMG_20190111_221941.jpg (500x475, 25K)

Volume is one way of making your muscles grow but not the only one and it can be dangerous regarding your joints (overusing them).

The explanation is that 98% of Jow Forums are underage b& faggots that have never benched LMAO2PLAET in their lives. They have no fucking clue what they're talking about. SS, and to a lesser extent, SL are fine beginner programs to run for 2-4 months (either however long it takes to stall, or however long it takes to stall, reset, and stall again) to get the basic proficiency and work capacity you're going to need to train properly down the road.

They are not meant to be run in perpetuity, and only the most turbo of brainlets jump to 5/3/1 afterwards.

Cause they fucking suck. You should be doing fullbody everyday with one work set.

Post-workout nutrition