Is the PPLPPL fad over?

Is the PPLPPL fad over?

Attached: 1547850154049.png (1077x1208, 1.31M)

It is? Fuck. What do I do now?

actually start lifting

fucking lanklets, stealing all the 10 m x 10 m plates

Post good routine then. I'm open to suggestions, I've only been lifting for three month.

God he looks like shit. Legs too small for his upperbody, upperbody filled with oil. gross

grey skull LP with proper plug ins

SS+GOMAD

gotta get lubed up

lightweight ppl is the most aesthetic routine for juicers, period

Gear, brosplit, legs never.

Monday - Biceps
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Triceps
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Biceps
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

Throw in an extra chest day at the weekend if you want your chest really huge

So...it's PPL, but instead of legs it's more chest? Nah, I want my ass to be able to crack a walnut.

Definitely gonna make it

A:
Squat 3x5
Chinup (weighted) 3x5-8
Bench 3x5
Curl 3x8-10
Cable crunch 3x10-12

B
Squat 3x5
Pendlay row 3x5
BB Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips 3x8-10
Leg raise 3x10-12

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

Attached: 1519437554679.jpg (1365x2048, 338K)

Why are there so many rest days? I want a routine with no rest days, like PPL. I can't do a rest day, voices get too loud.

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Chest
Thursday - Chest
Friday - Biceps
Saturday - Chest
Sunday - Chest

KTF. Do cardio instead on rest days. You need them though

Low quality bait

I'd switch a chest day for another biceps day

>Why yes, I train for strength. How did you know?

Attached: 1549346599963.jpg (1080x1246, 100K)

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Biceps
Thursday - Chest
Friday - Biceps
Saturday - Chest
Sunday - Chest

>cardio
I was thinking of starting running in the park when it gets warmer for social gains. Will I get the same gains I'm getting with PPL if I only lift three-four days a week though? I started with 5x5 and my gains weren't anywhere as good as they are now.

post body and lifts

No, I'm fat and weak. I'm significantly leaner and stronger than when I started. Down 15 kilos in 3.5 months and almost at lmao3pl8s squat.

This is what I'm gonna start on. Is it good enough or should I make some changes? I'm open to suggestions.

A
2x5, 1x5+ Bench Press
2x5, 1x5+ Squat
3x8-12 Pull-Ups
3x8-12 Dumbell Curls

B
2x5, 1x5+ Deadlift
2x5, 1x5+ Overhead Press
3x8-12 Dips
3x10-12 Lateral Raises

Attached: vascularitygains.jpg (599x804, 44K)

if you've only done 3 months of lifting and jumped from 5x5 to PPL in that time you would've had a completely insignificant amount of time in either program, your observation of your gains being better now is probably completely related to weight loss as opposed to how the programs have been working for you

>start on
>12 pullups
Damn, you're starting off really well, mate. I couldn't do one when I started. Looks ok, I guess, is that for daily rotation? Or AxB?

Attached: Dzsxot_UwAAln_H.jpg (442x353, 21K)

I guess. I'll stick with PPL for now, it feels like it works, I really like that it lets me work out every day.
I am still juggling exercises, trying things that work for me and that don't. For example on Saturdays I'm adding dips and chin ups to the Leg day just because I feel like I can.
Tomorrow I'm thinking of trying Pendlay Rows instead of the cable rows, for example.

Oh no I can't actually do a pull-up, just using substitutes like lat pulldowns or an assist machine. Rotation will be like in

> I can't do a rest day, voices get too loud.
holy shit, I can relate to this

Oh, I see. Assist machine, while looks stupid, get me to doing 3. Negatives got me to doing 5. And then I started doing proper ones, with the Russian Ladder program, adding one rep every pull day. Tomorrow I'm doing (4x10)+9+8+7.
Maybe I should try weighted...

What should I do after grey skull? How do i know when I've done enough?

>dont do ppl its retarded do 5x5 instead
>dont do 5x5 its retarded do advanced powerlifter stuff instead
>dont do advanced powerlifter stuff, its retarded, do a brosplit instead
>dont do a brosplit, its retarded, do ppl instead

>fit talking about routines

i am unironically starting pic related today. i'd like to throw in weighted dips tho

I dunno, I'd say I'm a people person.

I've been running this whilst on 1,800 calories (6 foot 2 190lb) and seem to be losing weight and gaining strength. Around 8 weeks so far.

Attached: workout.png (312x435, 19K)

what's wrong with pplppl

ABABABx

A

Incline dumbell hammer curls
Incline inner bicep curls
Standing concentration dumbell curl
Ez bar curl
Wide grip standing barbell curl

B

Zottman curl
Regular grip barbell curl
Dumbell bicep curls
Hammer curls
Overhead cable curls

based curl bro

>less volume than even starting strength
>not even a strength based program (hardly any compound lifts)
This may be one of the absolute shittiest programs I've ever seen. Please don't do this. This program looks terrible for strength and terrible for aesthetics. Just read the fucking sticky.

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Chest
Friday - Back
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

Optimal rest and recovery

I see no logic in the order of those lifts.

I'd add deadlifts once a week and squats every lift day

>keeping all her braps to herself

Starting Aesthetics, switch calves with lateral raises and crunches with face pulls.
Do accessory work in the off days

Pic related

Attached: 1551721433404.png (2143x1912, 768K)

>Her

What's PPLPPL?

Okay boys I've been lifting for like 1.5 years and yes I'm the guy who skips leg day or does a bunch of isolations and leaves. So while I have reached 1pl8/2pl8 on ohp and bench my squat and deadlift are trash tier.
Also I feel like I should be benching more than I do. I exclusively dumbbell bench. I hit 40 kg for reps today. Also at 83 kg 6'1 I look like the athletic dude who occasionally lifts. My arms are a decent size since I hit them frequently.
What do now? I'm trying to cut a little and I've switched to a fullbody (ICF 3x5) to gain some strength. Is it a good choice?
I've realized that you have to be strong as a natty to be big

stop fucking with established programs. You won't get the gains you want, if you fuck with the program.

>What should I do after grey skull?
Read the sticky
>How do i know when I've done enough?
When you reach 1/2/3/4

Complete Shit. Stop making you own programs, if you are a beginner.

Push pull legs

It's literally just doing all the exercises everyone else is doing.

Push-Pull-Legs-Push-Pull-Legs

Penis Prolapse Limiting Phallic Plance Lifts

Fucking newfag

Yes, but you won't make much Progress on bench and OHP because it's a beginner Programm and you are already past that stage on those Lifts.

So what program should I be running. I feel lost

redpill: routine literally doesn't matter

You can run ICF, if you want to. I'm just telling you that you shouldn't expect you upper body lifts to go up. You are disproportionate anyway so stalling on you upper body lifts for a few months won't matter that much. How much do you squat and deadlift?

I squat 100 kg(225 lbs) for like 7 reps the other day. Deadlift I barely do it because I can never seem to get the form right. But a few months ago I was training with some friends and I did 150 kg(330 lbs) for 1 rep

You are almost at the finish line then. 3-4 months of ICF and you will reach 3/4. Thats barely any progress lost. Do it.

Thanks for the input, I'm so far liking the look of the Reg Park routine. Does anyone have preference for a specific routine in this pic?

All the routines in the beginner section will get you to roughly the same point in the same amount of time. Just pick something that sounds fun and stick with it (Don't switch programs left and right). The only thing that matters is that you have the requiert equipment and reaching the strenght standards. Good Luck, user!

*reach

Thanks!

Where do we look then I have no idea wtf I'm doing

Read the sticky. It has recommendations for beginner and intermediate routines.

>my typical routine

1. Deadlift/Squat 5x5
2. OHP 5x5
3. Barbell rows 3x8
4. Incline press 3x6
5. Skullcrushers 3x8
6. Bicep curls 3x8
7. Some type of ab exercise 3x20

4x week. I alternate Deadlifts and Squats every other workout. Tell me how shit my routine is.

>when you reach 1/2/3/4
lmao stop spreading bullshit

Most people run out of linear progression when reaching 1/2/3/4

Doesn't look bad. However you need a vertical pull like a pullup variation. How long have you been lifting for?

Been doing a fullbody routine for a while now and feel like my progress is stalling.
A:
squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Weighted chinups 3x5
+Accessories I feel like doing

B:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Barbell press 3x5
Chinups
+accessories I feel like doing

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
I enjoy this program but im thinking I might get better results with an upper/lower 4 day split now when I don't progress linearily anymore.
Thoughts?

Attached: 1527130548780.jpg (800x1141, 183K)

What are your lifts?

50/85/100/120 kg or 110/187/220/264 in burgers
All 5 reps

Holy shit just run starting strength and eat more

That looks really good, but it could still be possible to milk out some gains. Your gains would be much slower on a intermediate program so don't switch too soon. How long have you been stalling? Did you deload properly? Are you eating in a surplus?

My goal is to look good, not become fatter
>how long have you been stalling?
Haven't made much progress the last couple of months, had to quit taking creatine and have had a pretty bad diet desu.
>did you deload properly?
I deloaded ~10% everytime I failed doing 3x5 twice i a row.
>Are you eating in a surplus?
I tried to but as I mentioned my diet was pretty bad and inconsistent. I've decided to cut for the summer and then leanbulk when I don't feel I look like shit anymore. Might do a proper bulk next winter.

As im writing this out I realise my problem is obviously my diet. Will probably stick with this program for a little longer.

Current routine:

A
Parallettes routine 1
Deadlift
DB rows
Pull-ups
Seated rows
Hammer curl superset with regular curls

B
Squat
Leg press
Hamstring Curls

C
Parallettes routine 2
Whatever push I feel like I can do since parallettes shit is push heavy, generally alternates between incline and OHP followed by dips and tricep pulldowns

Just started doing parallette work and it's pretty fun. If anyone is curious as to what routine 1 and 2 are here you go

Attached: parallettes.jpg (665x811, 87K)

Since we're tossing around routines, how's this? I feel I might be overtraining a bit, I barely progress. What would you remove?

Attached: Screenshot_20190309-214306-1.jpg (1798x674, 217K)

>As im writing this out I realise my problem is obviously my diet. Will probably stick with this program for a little longer.
Good choice! I made the same mistake when I first started out and ended up spinning my wheels, when I reached similair numbers. Do a proper bulk right now and make sure you are gaining weight every week so you can get on a intermediate program soon.

Thanks for the advice! First I want to finish my cut and see where im at though. I know im making my progress slower by doing so but atleast im eating relatively clean now.

Thanks. I'll work in some pullups or lat pulldowns into my workout

Working out for almost a year. Started 6'5 180lbs. Currently at 200lbs. Goal weight is 215lbs. Approximately 16-18% bodyfat.

I hope you make it user. Good luck on your cut.

Attached: place-beyond-the-pines-ryan-gosling-set-photo-1.jpg (3500x2333, 1.19M)

Hey guys been doing PPLR for 2months, seen small gains should i do PHUL or continue PPL? Im not complete beginner but not intermediate either

Attached: DQ2_QMWWAAIEL-b.jpg_large.jpg (1003x1200, 138K)

SS and GOMAD, unironically

why tf are you cutting twink

this is before he fucked up his kidneys , he has edema in his legs due to kidney damage and they have shrank

Definitely not. I'm still on it

Nope I just started it a week ago after SS

Nsuns531

there is literally no better program

Attached: 1542324411797.jpg (1080x1440, 175K)

post body

Probably because he started out fat w/ no muscle. I did the same when I first started. I cut down to 180 from 206 (6'4) and clean bulked back up.

>nobody that lifts 3 days a week is your inspiration or goal body unless you idolize Auschwitzmode climbers
>U/L is some hipster bullshit that swears your upper body should be 1/1 with lower even though there is a SHITLOAD more major muscle groups in the upper region than lower
>Push/Pull is some awkward full body bullshit
>PPL is gymcel bullshit because you workout on saturday
>U/L PPL is a myth
>brosplits are dead because of frequency memes
The solution I've seen to this problem is roiding and playing Kenshi all day.

Post body