"bro, 1/2/3/4 is really strong!"

>"bro, 1/2/3/4 is really strong!"

Attached: 1551666333551.jpg (564x927, 107K)

kek'd

107 KB JPG
>"bro, 1/2/3/4 is really strong!"

Said no one ever. That's just the start of your base.

1/2/3/4 is strong compared to 90% of world population
even 10/11/12/13 is weak dyel mode for Jow Forums. don't listen to Jow Forums ever.

said ALL of Jow Forums. 1/2/3/4 is the gold standard here of when you can be considered "strong"

Obligatory
>post body

90% if people in the world are either malnourished third worlders or limpwristed faggots or obese. 1/2/3/4 is NOT strong, but it’s a good starting point for sure if you’re going the natty route.

>90% if people in the world are either malnourished third worlders or limpwristed faggots or obese.
excactly. 1/2/3/4 is above average. nice to see that you agree with me.

>1/2/3/4 is NOT strong, but it’s a good starting point for sure if you’re going the natty route.
i never said something else. it's the first step on your route to become a god among man.

comparing yourself to the average person is total cope and is a waste of brainpower. I can play a single 3 note song on the guitar and that makes me better at guitar than 90% of people because most people cant play at all. It doesn't mean that i'm a good musician though.

>all these fags posting in a b8 thread when OP won’t even post body
Embarrasing also sage

When I started lifting almost 10 months ago, and could only deadlift 160lbs, I thought I would be so strong when I could finally deadlift 3 plates. When deadlifted 3 plates, I thought I would be strong when I could deadlift 4 plates. Now that I can deadlift 4 plates, I know how obviously wrong I was, and I also know that for all practical purposes for me, "strong" is a journey, not a destination. As long as I keep getting strongER I'll be happy.

It makes as little sense to compare yourself to Eddie Hall and beat yourself up over your weakness as it does to compare yourself to an obese coach potato and jack yourself off over your strength. What matters is that you're better than your old self.

Attached: Francisco_de_Goya,_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_(1819-1823).jpg (1679x2952, 639K)

have that pic as my lock screne

>1/2/3/4 is a starting point now

Holy shit, I hate this fucking board. The people who say this almost certainly don’t lift

Over 90% of this board never gets to their start, then.

They’re being facetious, user.

I hit 1/2/3/4 my first semester in college, after only having played basketball while doing push ups and curls during in high school. Just normal adolescent shit. If you’re telling me a college freshman who’s only lifted for 4 months is strong to you, then you are absolutely never gonna make it.

hi

Im really starting to think this board is filled with ethiopians or something..
Back when I lifted at a ymca, even there at least 1/4 males there could do 1/2/3/4, and ymca is only one step up from PF in terms of dyel percentage

This board is filled with genetic trashes. That's why they need programs like SS so they can catch up in strength with normal males who already start doing normal programs on their first day of the gym because they have strength of an adult male.

post body

1/2/3/4 is a random fatass powerlifter set standard, doesn’t account for size

this place is Jow Forums, filled with skinny nerds who never played sports growing up.

>not squatting 5 plates your first day in the gym

bullshit.
I have never seen a normie lift that.

1/2/3/4 is weak as fuck if you take picking barbells up even remotely seriously
t. Not even that fat and they're all warmups for me

Attached: IMG_20190314_234241.jpg (1497x2130, 600K)

Post the following:
>age
>months/years lifting
>ohp bench squat deadlift 1RM 5RM 10RM w/e u want
>body with timestamp

anything else is full on larp mode, gtfo reddit troll

1/2/3/4 is strong for at least 5 controlled reps imo. For 1 rep maxes it's basically meaning you hit about 8 months of lifting regularly

>tfw I'll never get 10pl8 overhead press

Attached: suicidal platinum.jpg (544x640, 26K)

/thread

Not everyone can be world class m8. Everyone, barring congenital defects etc, can hit 1234 given a year or 2 of dedicated training, hence why it's the "gold standard." Just like how a 16:00 5k will get you first place in 99% of community races, and all your friends will know you as that fast runner guy, you're still a long way from an Olympic qualifier or a sponsorship, and there even are a handful of high schoolers each year who could smoke you.
Remember 99% of people in a normie gym aren't there to reach for their limits, just get good enough or attractive enough. and of those who are, 99% will quit or lower their effort due to various gains goblins like injuries, work, gf, family. And for the remaining few gymcel autists, it still takes top percentile genetics and a good decade of balls to walls training under a good coach before your name will be known outside your hometown. So save your Olympic standards for the Olympics. This is but a humble Trinbagonian penny whistle mentoring webconference.

Why would someone go on the internet and just tell lies?

Would you guys mind posting your 3+-plate bench and lmao2pl8 OHP videos? I assume you take videos to formcheck, right?

Not with that attitude:)

Attached: 3E64B283-8A6F-4914-812D-F9C7669D5841.gif (194x269, 769K)

1/2/3/4 is strong if you are 160 pounds. It's dyel if you are 200+

1/2/3/4 for max is a start
1/2/3/4 for reps is good for intermediate
1/2/3/4 for warm up is good for advanced

1/2/3/4 mogs most people in most gyms

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

thank you

Attached: fuckyouforreadingthisfilename.jpg (1024x768, 78K)

>people on Jow Forums keep using 1/2/3/4 as a strength standard
>people imply that it should be easy, achievable within a year, etc
>working out for 2.5 years, eating a fuck ton of food, and the most I've gotten is 5 reps at 3pl8 deadlift, and not even 5 reps at 2.5pl8 squat
>200 pounds, skinnyfat as fuck, look like shit

What the FUCK you guys, this is bullshit. I spent another 5 months afterwords losing weight, and I'm only just starting to look presentable after losing 40 pounds. But I've lost a lot of strength to go with it.

Those people who claim to have made it to 1/2/3/4 within months are either flaring their e-penises or have had some sort of athletic history. When I started, I was 21 years old and failed OHP with the bar. Am I just THAT shit?

Attached: 1522000482951.jpg (600x600, 31K)

try a high-frequency approach like Pavel's Power to the People routine

I stuck to beginner strength routines for a long time (3 days per week, full body), because everyone seemed to agree that they were the go-to until you hit decent numbers. But the numbers never came, so I never really moved off of them.

I've since started doing a 6 day PPL routine, and even though I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks, my body has been responding well to the higher frequency. I'll start looking into some other higher frequency routines like the one you mentioned.

Its true. 1/2/3/4 should be your first year goals

The people that post about how hitting 1/2/3/4 is so easy almost certainly cant hit it and if they can its a fucking max. They feel bad about themselves so they make themselves feel better by bragging on an anonymous message board.

It isn't easy to pick up a barbell and do 1/2/3/4. If i'm wrong in assuming people can do it, I would be curious to see how many of the folks who brag about it actually started lifting in high school or the equivalent age bracket. I would bet a high margin (like me) did.

PTTP is as follows

5-day split
Daily work weight x5
90% of work weight x5

You pick a DL variant and Press variant and do the above for each M-F

Natty?

That's my first year goal. I hit all of them at various times in the past couple months, except bench. I still have 2 months to go, but I'm not sure if 2 plate bench is gonna happen by then... ah well, it will happen eventually.

Unironically post body faggot, guarantee you are/were a fatass.

Everyone knows that 1/2/3/4 is a 6 month goal.

2/3/5/6 is the true test of strength.

What the fuck is 1/2/3/4 please tell me bros

Number of plates for press/bench/squat/DL.

>2.5 years for a 3pl8 deadlift
You're doing something wrong. Unironically just transition bro.

Thanks. I'm not even close to that yet. I'm gonna make those a meme goal of mine

>taking 6 months to reach 1/2/3/4
>making it
Pick one.

Is 1/2/3/4 1RM or for reps?

>Unironically just transition bro
Fuck you. I'm gonna make it and you can't stop me.

>not 3/5/6/8

Cringe and bluepilled

Based and underdog pilled

Everyone has a decaying body, not a guitar

Based. Don't let that faggot drag you down

Chad

don't let these faggots make you think 1234 is weak shit.
for some people 1 is pretty hard to achieve (for me it was).
I've heard some people struggle with 2, but this shit came super easy to me.
3 came easy too
4 I actually didn't hit because I stopped liking Deadlifts

1/2/3/4 is always for reps typically 10.

Sure, you got there 2 months lifting, natty. Filtered /soc/fag.

Prove him wrong.

Attached: 1524174319129.jpg (446x505, 59K)

based and chad

>Am I just THAT shit?

Yes. People who think 1/2/3/4 is easy (and it is, though 3 playt squat is quite a bit easier than everything else) probably did have some prior athletic background as kids. Because they had at least average natural ability and thus gravitated to playing some sports at least recreationally because that's what boys do. Unless they are WELL below average physically. Like you. You probably have a downright terrible vertical leap.

THAT is the most likely scenario, anyway. The only way to even remotely "fix" it is with sterons. And even then, you're probably going to be a worse than average responder to any anabolic hormone (that's likely part of the reason why you're such a weak shit in the first place). The only other reason I could think of for your utter inadequancy is that you are doing something TERRIBLY wrong. Like, you're lifting in basketball shoes, with a negative amount of technical proficiency, while wearing basketball shoes like a twat, without a belt, also like a twat, without chalk, like a turbo twat, and eating 20 g of protein per day, possibly per week. And running SS or the like for 2.5 years when it's meant to be run for, like, 4 months tops.

Regardless, you need to be doing SOMETHING different to get different results. Doing the same shit that "got" you to this "level" expecting better results isn't insanity, it's stupidity.

Fuck that guy, stay in the gym, till your grand kids aspire to be you.

Attached: 1549514838407.jpg (360x350, 25K)

THIS is what Jow Forums should be. Based af user, you're going to make it
Also, 5x5 really helped me. Carry a pen and notebook with you to your gym sessions and record your weight, then add 5 pounds total, 10 pounds max, to your weight between each session. Gradual improvement and a caloric surplus (which btw track your calories in myfitnesspal, its ezpz) is tried and true guaranteed gains. Good lifting user

Attached: Doppo Aesthetics.png (610x880, 1.05M)

I've been browsing this shithole for more than a decade so far and while many things have changed one has remained constant - people will use this place as a subconscious personal diary where they can lie to themselves and pretend that they're writing in entries as if they actually achieved them. You'll see people lying, and by lying I mean absolutely convincing and ready to invest hours into arguing why they're not lying, about money, social status, lifting, looks and pretty much everything else related to your ego. What's sadder is that they're not doing it to convince you about their fake persona, they're doing it to convince themselves.

Jup

I can guarantee you that almost everyone here is a liar. I know I am. When I say I bench 225 for reps, I actually mean I bench 180 and in my mind can bench 225 “if I tried and was serious,” or “I should be hitting 225 in a few months so that’s pretty much now.”

I love you

Read starting strength. Please. You’re clearly doing something wrong.

Thing with the beginner programs is that it's not about the weight you can reach doing them but amount of time you've been seriously lifting to get stronger. Beginner's will recover faster but when they reach their upper limit on intensity/recovery they need to stop doing shit like SS. They need to switch to something that maybe progresses slower but at least lets them recover better while increasing overall volume. Sounds like you made a good choice hopping into PPL. Keep at it man.

This

no.
1/2/3/4/5 is strong (100lb chin up)
that takes actual programming and knowing what your doing + 2 years of effort
1/2/3/4 is beginner tier
1 rep max should take less then 6 months
1/2/3/4 for 5 reps should take a year

This is right, I'm not quite there yet I'm stronger than nearly everyone I know, also you do not commonly see that weight getting lifted in your average gym.

The weight on the bar doesn't fucking matter. Just lift with good quality of movement, get stronger than you currently are and stop being so fucking autistic over larpers on a Macedonian toothpaste fanatic forum. You aren't better than someone just because you pulled 4pl8 for the first time today.

>tfw 1/2/1.25/2.5 for 5 reps

>hurrr 1234 takes 2 years
maybe if you start from being some autistic skelington or neckbeard basement dweller

if you where at least somewhat active during your teens, it will take about half a year tops

for me personally, it took a little bit less, since I did martial arts since I was 10 and had a slightly better foundation
other than ohp I reached 234 (1 rep) already after 3 month of training and ohp 1 a month later

after two years I reached 2345 natty, but could have been faster, since I also had to finish my masters when I was 23

it's almost like the gym selects for people with an interest in lifting or running, weird how that works i think that call statistimethic or something

>1/2/3/4
When he thinks the 2 is for OHP and the the 3 is Bench.

Not him but I have a sub 12in vertical leap. I guess that's why I'm weak.

Unironically based

I'm in the same boat as you, deadlifting for like 2+ years, can one rep 3pl8 and I almost pass out.

only people that don't think it's strong are people who weigh a lot

yes I'm calling you fat niggas

I can bench 2pl8 for 5+ reps and ohp 1pl8 for 5 reps but I don't think I'll ever hit 4pl8 deadlift in my life.

nice b8. no fucking way you hit 1234 with just pushups and curls kek

fat guy

Again a good picture ruined by a stupid fucking cringy english word
Might as well say gamer rise up. Fuck you

Based

Attached: the voice.jpg (689x1023, 136K)

>but could have been faster, since I also had to finish my masters when I was 23
gayest & smuggest post itt

Attached: 1527552975280.jpg (583x435, 41K)

My dad can beat up your dad

Don't worry brother you are right. They are liers I am considered the power freak of my gym and I just reached 1234 months ago. Been liftan 6 years. I do agree I am not impressive but in my 6 years I've seen only one guy doing 2345. Don't trust this larpers. Pick is me

Attached: IMG_20190317_143010_390.jpg (1200x1200, 328K)

Took me 2 months to get 1.5/2/3/5.5
the squat is a front squat.

I was and still am 82kg

Kill yourself, discord tranny. Please stab yourself in the fucking neck until you die.

larp harder but enjoy your (You)

Is 1pl8 ohp that good of a base though? I can ohp 1p8 5x5, but no where near the base for the other lifts. 225 ohp seems like a better base.

>comparing yourself to the average
never gonna make it

but hes right, you guys must have spent your youth doing nothing physically if you think those numbers take more than a few months.

>>working out for 2.5 years, eating a fuck ton of food, and the most I've gotten is 5 reps at 3pl8 deadlift
The first time I walked into the gym I could do that, you must be doing something wrong m8. There's still hope though we're all gonna make it brah