Why are Calisthenics so superior to lifting free weights?

Why are Calisthenics so superior to lifting free weights?
Calisthenics:
>make you more mobile
>is objectively better for building strength and physique as you're using you're own bodyweight rather than 10 pound dumbells
>is superior for building grip strength
>is free/requires no paying for building membership
>doesn't include ego lifts that put unneeded strain on your body and might leave you crippled(deadlift im looking at you)
>allow you to perform cool tricks and are impressive to look at(small bonus)

Objectively looking ,the only section where Calisthenics lack are training legs but that can be countered by bringing a weighted vest or just not being an autist and going to the gym once a week to do legs.

Am I missing something or is Calisthenics vastly superior pretty much every way?

Attached: Chris Heria - Thenx.jpg (1200x745, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

roamstrong.com/workout-system/
startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=AIpsvNAT834
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lmao are you literally me? I've literally been noticing that many of the Calisthenic guys have more aesthetic physiques and their muscles are much more well definded.

The only people who hate on calisthenics on Jow Forums are 500 pound bloatlords who brag about their deadlift but cant do a single perfect form pull up

It's a lot harder to build an impressive physique with calisthenics because there are less exercises available per muscle group.

calisthenics are for fags

>legs
pistol squats breh

I'm doing weighted calisthenics and I'm getting great results. It's only been half a month after a mad cut and I already look leaner than I started despite being in a calorie surplus. Mostly around the abs. In core activation, barbell exercises do not compare.

Also gives you incentive to not be a pig with your bulking.

fuck off chris im not buying your shit

How is your routine looking dude?

>Why are Calisthenics so superior to lifting free weights?

They're not.

Basic 5x5 PPL with some direct ab work on leg day and lower back work on pull day.

>Why are Calisthenics so superior to lifting free weights?

>Posts Chris Heria who talks about why you should do both calisthenics and lifting weights, and even showed his routine for both several times

They are

While this is true, I think that with enough patience calisthenics is more rewarding in the long run.

Great discussion faggots

im bored with weightlifting whats a good routine i can do?

>Lift weights
>Become aesthetic and strong
>Can safely lift heavy things like furniture and other irregular objects and not risk injury

i'll add one
> you can't be a fat fuck because you couldn't eve do a pull up, you have to stay lean

Any retard knows you're body will eventually adjust to its own bodyweight. I did calisthenics for a week cause I couldn't work out and had no problem as my body was already used to it. You say its free and then counter your self by saying to buy a weighted vest. Only reason calisthenics fags look "aesthetic" is cause theyre so skinny combined with their barely larger then average muscle mass. Stop acting like it's are superior and just do both you fucking tards.

Attached: 1552228898839.png (466x492, 187K)

so you were able to do perfect form muscle-ups, handstand push ups, L-sit holds and planches in one week with decent reps? Woah user you should consider joining the olympic team in athletics.

Why is Jow Forums so shit and full of retards like op ?

Don't forget one arm pull-ups. Surely you did those, right?

Way to avoid the argument faggot

He was directly addressing your argument.

>had no problem as my body was already used to it
So were you able to do truly advanced movements or are you just shitposting?
>You say its free and then counter your self by saying to buy a weighted vest
Most of them do not use weighted vests, but some do. It's hardly required.

It’s better for people who just wanna look good. Because you need to be lean to even perform most of the movements. But lacks in strength gains. It is better for average people not so much professional athletes

Yeah, and if you were a pro athlete you wouldn't be wasting your time on a Swedish needlepoint imageboard

Topkek retard the only way to progressively overload is by doing more reps and if you’re not a total soi you will quickly leave the ideal rep range for hypertrophy

Very prone to ragequitting
Way more grinding than JRPG

I wish there were some effective calistenics exercises for legs too.
Also Heria is daddy (no homo of course).

L sit holds and planches shouldnt even be considered excercises. Anyone skinny enough with enough upper body strength has no problem with those. Handstand push up are the only calisthenics that would require actual training but some with a low enough bf and high ohp would beat handstand push ups no problem. I had no problem with sit holds and planches like I said. I can do handstand push ups for low reps.

>What are weighted calisthetics
Retard

Attached: 1552351424680.jpg (480x480, 37K)

>deadlift and benchpress shouldnt even be considered excercises, anyone strong enough can do them
I hope you realize how braindead you sound

Einstein tattoo? How good is this guys grasp on relativity, you reckon?

So you are saying that doing both is the perfect way to go?

Well it depends on the weight. If your deadlifting just the bar yeah it shouldn't count. Your acting like calisthenics and weight lifting are the same thing. I hope you realize how brain dead that argument is.

I'm about to take the bodyweight pill. Which of these programs would be better? >roamstrong.com/workout-system/
>startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html?m=1
I'd add dips and inverted rows to the first and do romanian deadliffts after either so I guess what I want to know is if the split or fullbody style is better for calisthenics.

>planches shouldnt even be considered exercises

Attached: bait_excellentquality.png (1597x1600, 532K)

R*ddit bodyweightfitness recommended routine is the best for beginners.

After that, do PPL. I think it gets you the most aesthetic by far. Normies say I'm buff even though I look absolute garbage and have a bad diet. I owe it to PPL.

>Anyone skinny enough with enough upper body strength has no problem with L sit holds and planches.
>Anyone massive enough with enough upper body strenght has no problem with 200kg deadlifts

I'm gonna stop now because its more than obvious you're baiting.

This isn't even it
Is retarded. There are plenty of jacked people who can do L-sit holds but can't do 200 kg deadlifts and there are plenty of jacked people who can deadlift 200 kg but can't do an L-sit hold or a planche. They're differen disciplines and you're either trying to shitpost or outright retarded if you don't consider Lsit holds or planches an excercise.

>have a body like that only to ruin it with tattoos
Is that fucking Einstein on his right arm?

youtube.com/watch?v=AIpsvNAT834
FFS all who complain that there are no calisthenics leg exercises need to shut the fuck up and watch this

What does your PPL routine look like?

Calisthenic guys are small as shit. You must be a mexican