Practical Fitness Activity thread

The only practical forms of fitness for the average person are

- Yoga
- Boxing/Martial Arts
- Cardio (swimming, running, biking)

The gym will make you big, and give you much better muscle definition and heavier lifts while following a gym routine, but unless you're doing literally everything correctly (proper diet, form, supplementation, stretching, IF, and sleep) you're bound to fuck your shit up, plateau hard and waste your time.

This post is not for the incel gymrats, the fat powerlifters, the highschool hardgainers...

This post is to educate and inform beginners that you do NOT need to follow a strict strength routine to be healthy or lose/gain weight.

Just eat properly, do some form of cardio and stretch daily.

You may not end up looking like half the bodies you see in CBTs but you will sure as hell be healthier, feel much healthier and more confident.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-153921_Google.jpg (888x793, 316K)

bumping shit thread

Calisthenics is good too

nice blog
but even if you dont get everything 100% correct you can make nice gains
and a lot of people want to look good/better/bigger which running etc wont achieve except you try to lose weight

It's much more functional than getting big. Saved my health a couple of times.

for a lot of people lifting is a hobby so it doesnt have to be functional but rather be a fun way to waste ones time

>saved my health multiple times
how?

Bump that.
I tried lifting but it is fucking boring - takes time to get big, and even more to stay big. Reps, and reps, and reps in the same room again and again.
I began running and it feels sooo good. Sun, slight wind, forest tracks, exploring the countryside, birds chirping, endorphins kicking in, nothing beats that. Less stress in my everyday life. Better sleep. Better sex. Staying thin. Feeling good.
Swimming is also great but no good pool around my home.

Being able to outrun all normalfags is very handy when you live in a seedy town.

Lifting gets boring after a while so it’s always good to switch things up

I have fucked up knees, hips and both rotator cuffs so I don't really lift. I run, ride a bicycle, do BJJ and do some pull ups, push ups, crunches at home to have at least some muscle mass.

I also started riding on a unicycle which helped me get a better balance, made my core stronger and forced me to fix my posture.

I'm a dyel by anyones standard but I'd still destroy an average dude in pretty much any strenght or endurance discipline and that's enough for me.

But I also know that lifting is fun so why discourage people from doing it, OP?

>3 months kickboxing
No gains, just dropped 1% out of BFP
>3 months lifting
Gain a 5% of muscular mass, drop 3% out of BFP

Sure buddy, lifting is a meme. I agree that those things you list there can be good for maintaining, but you progress much slower. I find more appropriate to get some muscle lifting before, you need to see quick progress in the first months if you want motivation.

>you need to see quick progress in the first months if you want motivation

Not OP but I always try to convince people to start running if they're not too fat. You can go from being able to run few hundreds of meters to 5k in a month. The progress you make in the beginning is huge. It works even better if they're at least a bit fit. Helped girl who could barely run 1km to do 10k at 6:00 pace in three weeks and she couldn't believe how fast she progressed. It's super rewarding in case you're doing it properly.

Not him but running was one of the biggest factors to stop me killing myself

Never said lifting was a meme, this post is to just clarify to beginners that gym workouts arent the ONLY way to better yourself physically, and theres many more practical and functional forms of fitness that are cheaper, easier, less time consuming and friendly to all age groups and all body types :)

Holy shit potential god thread. Fuck SS/GOMAD.

It's less of a 'discouraging others to lift' and more of a 'inform others that the gym isn't necessary to be fit" kind of post.

came to post this.

You're allright, man.

I lift 4-5 times a week and do boxing classes two times a week. It’s a fun way to do cardio while learning a practical form of self defense.

It’s not either or, lifting and general athletics compliment each other. You think fighters, bikers, runners basically every Olympic athlete doesn’t have a lifting routine?

Attached: F320FBBC-13F2-40E3-B3C1-9461B96DC0FF.jpg (2159x3838, 3.08M)

What are some good cheap running shoes?

this

>feel much healthier and more confident.

Hmm, what's going to make you feel healthier:

Training like an athlete to look like an athlete

Training like a dumbass normie to look like a schlubby, dumbass normie

Guess what, fighters lift weights.

You should be doing yoga, martial arts, and/or cardio ON TOP OF lifiting weights. It's called "GPP"

>be me
>5'9" 135 lbs at 27 years old
>too afraid/anxious to drive a car (even tho i have my license) so I bike everywhere
>a 10 mile commute per day to and from the subway station to go to work
>last year biked something like 2,075 miles

anyone know this feel

This