Are at-home pull up bars worth it?

Are at-home pull up bars worth it?

Attached: pullup.jpg (450x450, 29K)

Attached: B7E7EE04-2DC3-4EF7-91FB-40A24DC7A31C.gif (220x220, 800K)

you can do pull ups on pretty much anything sturdy that you can hang on, but yeah if you cannot find anything to hang on then a pull up bar is definitely worth it. pull ups are the best body weight exercise and one of the best exercises in general.

Yes.

Attached: 363ADD2B-CA34-4E44-B988-2DE46D68B372.png (212x218, 83K)

My sister bought me one for Xmas but I'm too scared to use it. Knowing my luck it will come loose and my spine will exit through my anus.
I use a tree in my backyard for pull-ups.

They’re nice but doorways arnt wide enough to do wide grip pull ups. My elbows always hit the frame. Chin ups are nice, leg raises worked good. Really need to tuck your legs in for everything cause a deadhang from the bar my knees nearly touch the ground. If you dont have any other pull up options, then its a good buy.

Yes

I'm very poor but enven myself could afford one. Why even ask, buy one and see for yourself if it is worth.

Are you the same pussy on the bench press that's too scared to go over 100lbs. Nut up buttercup

Attached: DE4B33DE-63A3-47D9-A415-BBE16C07F9A5.gif (728x408, 2.29M)

Yes they are pretty great

I have very strong fire doors in my house. Can i just put a towel over the top and do chin ups? I wouldn't be able to do pull ups. What is the difference

Have an exposed I beam at my house. Has worked wonders for my grip strength.

Yes I was able to increase my weight on pulls up by doing pulls up at home everyday

I meant the other way around, pullups. Basically hand goes over top of door

great for stretching your back too

yes

A backpack and weights is what i do for back. I either pull myself up or row myself up, good for abs too

I pulled my fire doors off the top hinge doing that. I weighed 200lb fyi

who needs weights when you are the weights!

what the fuck kind of question is this? pull-ups are one of the best exercises, they're totally worth it.

yes you faggit. go buy one

yea but honestly, I'd shell out the $30 and buy one that's just a bar that screws into the side of the door frame. Much sturdier and you don't have to remove it every time you wanna take a shit or jerk off in your bedroom. You can walk in and out of the room and do pull-ups every time you pass through. All that extra bull shit on the one in your pic is not necessary at all.

Attached: 1553045132424.jpg (271x299, 7K)

Hell yeah, I go through phases of doing dumbell work for a few months, then the bar - when I started I couldn't even do one chinup, now I can do 5x5 - and christ, it feels awesome. Gonna keep going till it gets easy, then either increase reps or add weight to myself.

>the feel you get after pulling yourself up several times in a row is godly.

Only if you are a manlet.

Doesn't work when the frame of your door isn't thick as fuck, also not convenient when you aren't short.

And every single manufacturer discourages you from doing it when you're over 100 kilos, so everyone in this thread is a manlet.

Bend your knees, dumbfuck.

that's what i do
works well

I have one of those pull up bars that screw outwards to grip into the wall. Biggest mistake in my life. It worked at first but one time It slipped mid pull and I rammed it into my nose I cant believe I didnt pass out.
Anyway I got a 3d printer recently so I made two of these wall mounts, pic related. Works only if you have a narrow enough hallway

Attached: s-20190319_121809.jpg (4032x3024, 292K)

Shit form

It can fuck up your door trim and/or surrounding drywall.

I personally bought rings, so much better. They are harder, work more muscles and you can adjust lengths to do dips, australian pullups and do all kinds of shit. Go for rings and find a tree.

Where in your room do you take a shit?

If you have the discipline to use it and not just hang clothes from it.

Rings are the best. When I was a beginner I bought a cheap 50euro pullup/dip station. That works as well. Similar to pic related.

Attached: file.png (1094x1094, 245K)

I have never come across a single doorframe that I would trust to take my weight.

man how do you close the door?

Based stanposter

i have two pullup bars attached to the walls, one for pullups and the other for dips

I built a pull up bar and a dip station. Pic related

Attached: dips.png (479x603, 628K)

the trashcan after i put a plastic bag in it

based macgyver user

If you're going to use it.

>pull-ups
>that low to the ground
fucking manlets I swear

Attached: 1553080323362.jpg (523x246, 38K)