Freediving

How does one into holding breathe for inhuman lengths of time? Anyone on fit ever trained for freediving? Seems like a pretty Jow Forums and untapped hobby right now...

Attached: Optimized-Model-Shark.gif (448x294, 3.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=diving toy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be in decent cardio shape
>practice your co2 and o2 tables
>remember that static apnea is great, but practice apnea walks or apnea swims to develop skills properly

Learn to relax in the water.
Learn breathing-up techniques.
When diving/swimming, use movements that are efficient, not exerting. The more energy you exert, the faster your O2 gets used up.

Attached: long_arm_squid_long_long_arm.jpg (400x923, 53K)

I think OP is safe. He’s not getting to that depth.

Then he's a pussy who has tiny lungs.

The world record holder is only in the 214m/702’ range. Only way he’s making it to that depth is to get some Mafia-style concrete shoes.

Fucking war of the worlds half life 2 space alien bullshit NOPE NOPENOPENPOENOPE

imagine if she farted and you were able to get the bubbles into your mouth as they rose.. like that would be so weird haha

>beautiful and cool scene with an fucking shark in it
>all my eyes focus on is some mediocre ass of some random thot
How do I become asexual? Imagine how much shit you could get done if you didn't think of sex 24/7.

Attached: 20180710_100517.jpg (82x106, 7K)

I can swim well and hold my breath but I'm too scared of drowning to test my luck

Attached: 1551985753263.jpg (479x533, 36K)

>good cardio
>good sized lungs
>learn how to relax your body and meditate

I used to want to get into this but the longest I've been able to hold my breath was 4 minutes. Now my goals have shifted

4 minutes is about the average maximum most people can hold their breath. Is that above water or under it?

I did not notice that there was a shark.

Wtf is that

I'm a base jumper, free solo rock climber, and free diving cave diver.
AMA.

I wish I knew, user. I miss being a child and having a clean mind.

lmao at these niggers
>4min average
if you could make a 4 min dive you would be in the top 10% you fucking niggerfaggots, the average man can barely do 1 min from what i've seen and i'm a diver and live by the sea

>>good sized lungs
Lung volume alone doesn`t realy help you much, as you have to fight buoyancy when breathing in too much.
(unless you dive with weights)

You can hold your breath longer under water than above.

It was above, below water is harder for me, I could only do about 3:30 submerged.
If you're interested in training for it I would recommend running and using regular slow breaths. When I first started out I could barely hold my breath for 1 minute. With the cardio and laying still I could hold my breath for 3 minutes and meditation added another minute.
The real trick to it is to fill your lungs with as much fresh air as they can hold, exhale until you can hold your breath comfortably and you're not fighting to keep the air down. After that concentrate on getting your heart's BPM as low as possible.
Don't think about breathing, don't think about how long it's been, don't think about how you're running out of air and need to breathe soon. Thinking about any of those just makes your heart beat faster.

Ayy lmao

Mammalian dive reflex. A lot of ducks died to prove this.
>inb4 ducks aren’t mammals

>A lot of ducks died to prove this.
Wait, what?

That's why you always go with a partner. Safety.

Thank you for making this reply so I didn't have to. I used to surf and dive etc. and two minutes while swimming is the longest I was capable of. This is better than anyone who isn't a dedicated freediver is capable of. Training to sit motionless in a pool with your face underwater is stupid. If you can't dive, swim, and explore what purpose does it serve?
If you honestly want to get into freediving start by snorkeling. Don't worry about anything but enjoying yourself. If you fall in love with it, you will be driven to progress. If you don't then why bother with training?

Below ~ 5 meters are compressed enough that you can walk on the ground. You only need a small weight for diving distances.

Small lungs don't really help either because you can't hold as much air in them or get your blood as oxygen rich because you have less surface area. So in that sense, bigger lungs mean you can hold your breath longer.

4 minutes wasn't diving, it was just laying there seeing how long I could hold my breath. I agree it was stupid, but I was fascinated with free diving and how some people could hold their breath for incredible amounts of time. I wanted to see if I was capable of the same.

consume s.0.y

Imagine my life as a bisexual...

best way to train your lungs w/o mobility say you're in a wheelchair
so you can do other exercises longer because they make you pass out too quickly

enjoy your shallow water blackout lads

Attached: download (4).jpg (1000x946, 252K)

>how to be a fucking BITCH
if youre going to really push yourself, maybe pay attention to rule 3

Goodnight Jow Forums

Attached: a0f.jpg (600x512, 33K)

No.
Litterally no one here wants to do that.
Go gaslight retards on reddit.

rule three hardly prevents against shallow water black out drowning tho because you pass out and sink before you can panic and thrash.

goodnight user

what a weird thing to be paranoid about
breath holding games are fun, doing max distance breath holds are fun, if you pay attention to the urge to breathe all the time you will breathe fucking water lol not to mention you will never ever push yourself
just have someone there so in the worst freak accident case they can pull your ass up
or know your limits
this is bullshit babying

>free diving cave diver
Ya aight

Goodnight, big guy.

Just go diving, at some point you'll get decent air retention. It's not about how long you can hold your breath its about equalizing, you can hold your breath for ten minutes but not go anywhere without extreme pain if you go deeper than 30ft.

Attached: 20190314_183627.jpg (4032x2268, 2.6M)

This is how to never utilize anaerobic / hypoxic training

That's why you always dive with a buddy

you lose the "i need to breathe" reaction because you start to go brain dead. it's pretty much playing the choking game, but in a pool. fear mongering, maybe. but considering that walmart sells toys for children to hold their breath as long as possible, it's not that unlikely of a situation to happen.

What are you a fucking infant? Four minutes is a long time for diving, but static apnea? Pretty fucking achievable. If you think it's difficult to be in the top 10%, you're a fucking retard. People are dog shit. If you put any effort into just about anything, you can reach the top 10%. If you're a diver and only reaching 1 minute max dives, you should take up golf.

>free diving cave diver
You could make your lies a bit nicer pal

>but considering that walmart sells toys for children to hold their breath as long as possible,
Wat. Pls source.

>incapable of using google

walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=diving toy

diving toys have always been a thing, i used to play with coins as a kid, which are harder to see/pick up. the more you pick up the more you "win". also since the toys have weights in them they tend to sink to the deep end of the pool.

I hate being out of control, there's too much risk of blacking out and leaving your survival entirely in the hands of others.
The only person you can ever truly depend on is yourself and you'll lose that if you're unconscious

The cool thing with the density at freediving depths is that you can begin ascent, and just exhale the entire time. So you can (not quite) stay at bottom until you're "out" of air and then ascend just fine. You can't freedive into depths that would require safety stops (or shouldnt) so it's pretty fucking cool to try from 20/25feet in salt water

>t. Certified master diver

A guy named Edmund Goodwyn was studying physiological adaptations to asphyxia in ducks and other animal. Strangled a bunch to death above water, drowned a bunch underwater; he found those that were strangled underwater lasted longer.

don't infants have amazing natural underwater breath holding? giving birth in a bath/pool is a thing and it's not like kids come shooting out

>says certified master diver
> fals to mention with what organization

....and especially wouldn’t exhale all the way to the surface. Misjudge the distance and you’ve exhaled all possible oxygen from your lungs, and blackout.

not even the webm baka

Attached: sea(1).webm (720x480, 928K)

Holy jesus what the fuck is that

>mfw freediving down to r'lyeh