Metabolic slowdown

I have 20 pounds to go but my metabolism is FUCKED, what do I do to stop it without fasting?

>Saw Jason Fungs presentation on the two compartment problem of weight loss
>He says CICO no matter what lowers metabolism, makes you cold/tired, inhibits ability to think
>Exactly what I’ve been having happen on cico
>Can’t fast because I literally pass out even on snake juice (Even at higher mixture of electrolytes)

Attached: CD65C315-8D38-40AE-A830-0708C5B57624.png (1080x966, 394K)

>Can’t fast because I literally pass out even on snake juice (Even at higher mixture of electrolytes)
I call bullshit, unless your job involves heavy physical labor?

No, I just felt super weak, could feel/almost hear my heartbeat, and could barely think.

That's not the same as literally passing out, user.

I did pass out. Those were the symptoms that I felt in addition

I passed out in front of my manager btw

Embarrassing

It is I, the caloric deficit sleep wizard. Close your eyes, sleep, sleeeeep

Attached: sleepy.gif (400x618, 162K)

>literally who chink said a thing
>IM NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT REEEE
Drink bleach

High carb low fat low protein vegan. I eat as much as I want to satisfy my appetite from fresh fruit, fruit snacks, dried fruit, rice, oil free rice crackers, corn, potatoes, sugar/candy, cereal with low fat onions milk and I throw in some leafy greens. About 1 hour of cardio per day, rest is sitting at work, and I'm losing weight. I usually end up eating around 3000 calories. Feels great to not starve anymore and getting leaner.

Eat keto.

>high carb
This guy is trolling.

Eat at maintenance for a few days or so until you feel normal, then start cutting again. You're gonna make it, just remember that it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Dr. Jason Fung is a nephrologist in Toronto, the author of The Obesity Code and The Diabetes Code, and founder of the Intensive Dietary Management program which has been successfully curing type 2 diabetes and obesity.

Who are you?

Kek&checked

>not a phd from carnegie mellon

How long did you fast for?

His recommended program without physician supervision is a HFLC diet with two 36 hour fasts per week. 36 hour fasts should be no problem.

Try adapting to a HFLC diet first if necessary, then add the two fasting days.

Not a crypto-kike trying to cash in on fat fucks looking for an excuse to remain fat fucks.

>Herp derp bacon and cheese is fitness food
>muscle glycogen actually comes from lard, not carbs
>marathon runners and tour de France riders eat ribeye steaks during the race to avoid glucose exhaustion
>elite lean Kenyan runners eating corn, rice, sugar, and teff are fucking stupid. Carbohydrates aren't necessary, they would be better off drinking olive oil

Good luck getting fit and healthy by living on fat and cholesterol because you're afraid to eat plants lmfao. America is unhealthy because they just eat way too many plant foods and not enough bacon and eggs and burgers.

Do IF and some cardio, count calories well and don't cheat

>sugar and flour are plant foods and therefore healthy, goy
>eat your cookie crisp, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

Attached: 1538605067886.gif (382x379, 387K)

This

The IDM program is for people who want to cure their obesity and/or type 2 diabetes.

So was atkins
So was zone
So was lemon
So was paleo
So was keto

Meme diets are universally bullshit. First come the books, next come the add ons

This:
>looking for an excuse to remain fat fucks
is not the same as looking for a weight loss solution.

By the way, Atkins only fails long term because it doesn't restrict protein and therefore doesn't cure insulin resistance.

Keto works because it addresses that flaw.

The IDM program is keto+fasting and it works so well it even cures diabetes.

A guy who claims that CICO isn't true and attempts to sell you something, shouldn't be taken seriously.

It the second time that i feel bad/cold/lethargic after cutting for +5 weeks. Apparently a refeed period or carb cycling around this time can help reset that and continue for another period.
I'm currently eating at maintenance (won't do carb) and will check what happens by the end of the week.

Balanced diet. Holy shit. Carbs protein and fat are all important.

Ok. Good recommendation. I have tons of energy and have a great mood from good dopamine and serotonin levels from 80% carbohydrate diet. No need for coffee like the keto people praise since they like to avoid the preferred energy source (carbs). Muscle glycogen is always topped up. Regular and easy bowel movements unlike people that get colon cancer. Lots of fructose (sperm use fructose for energy) so I'm fertile af. Good fasting glucose readings even when eating 700g of carbs per day because low fat increases insulin sensitivity. Crazy cardio stamina with minimal training (lots of preferred fuel, carbs). Less body odor from low amounts of sulfur containing amino acids. Get to eat as much as I want without restricting calories and not gaining weight. Yep, I'm falling into ((their)) trap and I'm loving it lmao

CICO has been thoroughly debunked.

Carbs are literally not important at all. There's no such thing as a required carb.

Cool story, buddy.

Meta analysis with sources please before refuting thermodynamics

Your compression ratio is too low, meaning you are fit for a heart turbo. Just do some coke

>thermodynamics
The human body isn't a closed system.

yeah it's an open system in thermodynamics

How do you imagine thermodynamics are relevant?

Yeah, you can SURVIVE on keto, your body can stabilize blood sugar without dietary carbohydrates. We don't want to be in SURVIVAL mode though. Its stressful, inefficient, turns down metabolism and energy expenditure to save resources, turns down appetite to make starvation less painful; its not optimal. We want to THRIVE and live with high energy and vitality with a good mood and low stress levels, much like many of us were as children. Children always love the sugary foods because that's what we're designed for. That's why we have a sweet tooth, we love easily assimilated fuel (carbs) because it makes us feel good and gives us our preferred energy source. The body literally utilizes stress hormones in the process of regulating blood sugar in the absence of dietary carbohydrates. Nobody is performing at a high level in fitness endeavors eating a diet of bacon eggs and steak without stimulants and thyroid meds and all these other compensations. You simply cannot perform at a high level without carbs. Even Lance Armstrong at his peak would get FUCKED in the race if he didn't get his glucose gels or bananas. The main keto icons are abusing anti-narcolepsy medications in order to do lots of computer work and many ketoers have boners over coffee. Could it be because the brain runs on glucose and you're relying on inefficient genesis of glucose instead of simply eating it?

I HAVE FAT PERKY MAN TITS.

You can't survive without fat and protein.

True. Good thing fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, grasses and tubers have fat and protein.

Jow Forums redeemed itself and has finally come to their senses

The memes of fasting, keto, and veganism are really big on this board, and although I don't think they're necessarily bad for you, they're definitely not optimal for performance, happiness, and long-term weight-loss success. I recommend looking up Dr. Layne Norton, he's an actual sports physiologist and bodybuilder himself, and he has tons of videos on metabolic damage and how to fix it. His method involves taking a setpoint of calories, usually on the high end, and increase those calories by 100 (if you're a man) every week until you reach the point your calories are so high you cannot increase them anymore. The idea is (and he has thousands of clients how have done this) that your metabolism slowly ramps up with your caloric intake (usually via NEAT) and subsequently, as long as you only add 100 calories a week, you will gain no weight as your metabolism will climb to adjust to your caloric intake. He says he has had clients maintain lean bodies on 6k calories a day. With your new setpoint this high, you can now cut on like 5500 calories a day, which should not be difficult at all. The big downside is you want to lose weight NOW, but to do this you need to maintain your weight for several months of caloric adjustment before you can start losing it again. Look up reverse dieting.

If you have the discipline to stick to only increasing your caloric intake by 100 calories a week, you can do this. Good luck faggot

Attached: laynenorton.png (957x650, 795K)

well, you're not wrong but none of us are professional athletes. the amount of "necessary" carbs to be adequate for most people is way lower than what people will eat daily.

not to mention that most sources of carbohydrate are refined garbage anyway. eating most of your calories from protein and fat will end up being more nutritive as they are better assimilated by the body.

Guys I don’t want to stop doing keto because I get bloated as fuck.

I’ve lost assloads of weight on keto over a year

Jason Fung does not say CICO is false. He says it's a simplified way of looking at how our bodies utilize and expend energy which lay people have fucked up.

CICO is not wrong. Your BMR changes over time when you restrict intake gradually, which will affect the CO part of CICO. This doesn't make the equation wrong, it makes your use of the equation wrong.
Stop being retarded.

>cico debunked
Whatever you say brainlet

You fucked your insulin levels, lower carbs systematically before fasting, don't binge on pizza night before like a retard.

None of what you said is wrong, but the facetious part was saying because elite athletes run high carb, the average lazy shitter should, too.
Carbs are potent energy. If you have a sedentary lifestyle, you only need very little of it. Eating/drinking excess carbs while doing nothing physically demanding all day is the single easiest way to gain fat and be unhealth, this is irrefutable. If you are going to live a sedentarily, at least cut back on the carbs so you dont end up a fat shit.
Not everything is black and white retardo. Find what diet works particularly well for both your body and lifestyle and cruise on that.

Metabolic damage is like overtraining or 'starvation mode'- it technically exists but outside of incredibly fringe cases its something you can completely disregard.

Even from a basic logic standpoint what he is saying is asinine. The main purpose of bodyfat is to store energy for your body when you don't have access to food. Saying that your body will start devouring your muscle tissue to preserve fat is plain wrong (again outside of fringe cases like extremely low bodyfat or drug usage). The reason its harder to lose weight in the future is because your total weight goes down, decreasing your TDEE. The actual 'slowdown' of your metabolism is completely minimal barring serious health problems.

The only thing true about this statement is that if you diet down and then go back to eating the way you used to you will eventually go back to the same weight. So if you're eating enough cal to be 200lb, diet down to 170, and then immediately proceed to go back to eating your normal calories you will eventually reach 200 again at some point. This is well known and is basic math moreso than some kind of weird fitness trick- if you eat like a 200lb man you're going to be 200lb.

TLDR: Layne Norton is an asshat that uses 'technically kinda true' statements to make clickbait videos and articles that are useless for the general population

I’ve been on keto for over a year

Interesting, will look to it

Attached: 1546323743198.gif (640x360, 917K)

You are probably low test with cortisol levels through the roof. Stop the retarded diet then you can fast.

>The reason its harder to lose weight in the future is because your total weight goes down, decreasing your TDEE.
I don't care whatever you're arguing about, but I just want to pop in to say that fat mass doesn't affect TDEE and losing 70 pounds of fat mass will not change your TDEE at all.

Actually my blood tests have all come out perfectly fine

I'm pretty sure he repeatedly says in his book that CICO is false. He gives several studies to back up his point.

He also explicitly calls out the thermodynamics argument for having nothing to do with human biology.

What the fuck do blood tests have to do with TDEE?

To quote him,
>The calorie theory of obesity has been perhaps one of the greatest failures in the history of medicine. Given the number of excess deaths caused by metabolic syndrome, you could argue that it is a bigger disaster than World War II. It is based on a complete misinterpretation of the energy balance equation.
"Misinterpretation" implies that he believes CICO, but that the lay person has been misapplying it.
>The energy balance equation (which, yes, is always true) does NOT support the Eat Less, Move More approach.
He then directly states that it is true, but that it is incomplete and doesn't work for Reasons
>Please take careful note that in order to lose body fat, Calories Out MUST remain stable. Must. Must. But this is precisely what we know to be FALSE for at least the last 100 years. BMR may increase or decrease 30-40%.
And then says why, which is that BMR (the majority component of Calories Out) is not static.
I won't quote more, but the bulk of his work (as far as Jow Forums cares) is regarding BMR, and how to manipulate it through your diet.

Attached: Untitled.png (1331x1116, 157K)

>What the fuck do blood test have to do with TDEE?

I was responding to his test/cortisol claim

Why does everyone go to gimmick diets?

You would think people on Jow Forums are doing the Mediterranean diets or eating like Japanese people eat.

Instead it just a bunch of fad diets.

You guys are literally brain dead retards.

Ah, I see. You quoted the wrong fren, fren.

this

this sounds overly complicated

>having to carry more mass around daily does not cause muscles to burn more fuel

ok

The science behind keto and fasting is rock solid.

Low fat is the biggest fad diet of all. Dog-like subhumans just love it because big daddy government told them to.

You're confusing the work with maintenance.
The calories required to maintain 100 pounds of body fat are the same, whether you sit on the couch or go for a jog. The TDEE of the jogger is higher, but that's because of the exertion of the muscle mass.

Wait why on keto do I constantly feel my own heartbeat it freaks me the fuck out

Try more salt. If that doesn't work see a doctor.

TDEE means total daily energy expenditure. This icludes movement. Even if you lie around all day there are some muscles in your body that perform movement. If you're fatter, the muscles need to do more work to do said movement. So yes, the same person doing the exact same "nothing" has a higher tdee when having more body fat.

They fall for the cult of personality of power tripping zealots that push meme diets

>true free thinkers agree with the mainstream media!
>people with unconventional views are brainwashed!

Attached: 4678056805.jpg (960x720, 122K)

>"meme diets are suboptimal!"
>*proceeds to suggest a meme diet*

Attached: 1550354858889.png (421x389, 210K)

Maybe to some ridiculous degree, but not in any appreciable way.
The metabolic rate of fat is literally 0. I don't know why you feel like you need to argue this. A cursory Google search would be more productive.

Are you brain damaged? Mainstream media is the one that desperately tries to convince people about the virtue of meme diets, or that diets don't work at all and you should stay fat.

Attached: 1518562454115.png (645x614, 83K)

>cereal with low fat onions milk
Based onion cereal diet plan

>I don't follow meme diets
>I just eat plenty of carbs, lean chicken breast, and OF COURSE I avoid saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium!
>I am a free thinker and came up with this myself

Attached: 1540257914954.png (540x476, 72K)

Here's your last (you)

You originally said

>fat mass doesn't affect TDEE and losing 70 pounds of fat mass will not change your TDEE at all.

which is simply wrong. Don't post dumb shit if you don't want ppl arguing.

Because losing 70 lbs of fat might reduce your TDEE by 20 kcal.
That's fucking nothing. You're reaching.

Did you drink your gallon of piss today, like your Supreme Leader Cole told you to? Drink up, or do you want to excommunicated from the Fasting Church?

Attached: 1549108460208.png (645x729, 85K)

All these fads are completely inconsequential unless we are taking about single digit body fat, which makes it irrelevant for 99% of this board, let alone general population. Makes me wonder why so many people are invested in it so much.

Attached: 1458703754733.png (495x461, 520K)

Post your non-meme diet, buddy. Show us what a free thinking unique special snowflake individual you are.

Attached: 1544908902498.jpg (1216x937, 451K)

NEVERR

I have a better idea, post body

Attached: 1538908782117.png (259x192, 72K)

The fact that 99% of people who like Cole DON'T drink piss shows that they're not just fad cultists, though.
Fasting works. Drinking your piss is too far, and whatever benefits it has over water fasting are negligible and not worth the mental degradation of drinking piss.

Durianrider on Jow Forums now?

>I'm totally a free thinker and everyone who disagrees with me is a brainwashed follower!
>n-no I won't post my diet...
BTFO

Attached: literally_shakinggif.gif (1196x1160, 1.8M)

>didn't post body
How typical
Enjoy you piss, hopefully, your wrangler won't come up with something like eating shit for better gains

>didn't post diet

Attached: NPC_0.jpg (1179x742, 139K)

Get your thyroid checked.

Enough excuses, if you are being serious go see a doctor because that is not a normal human response to not eating, if you're bullshitting then end your faggotry right here. There is no need for this thread to drag on any longer.

Its a well studied and predictable result of calorie restriction. Metabolism slows to balance energy expenditure with intake.