Are skilled trades Jow Forums?

Are skilled trades Jow Forums?

What does Jow Forums do for a living?

Attached: AlfredPalmerwelder1.jpg (2000x1519, 1.09M)

Sure.

But it’s inevitably taxing on the body as you age.

Doing testosterone research. Hope to uncover the cure to all the soi bois and cucks

>test research
based, how's the pay? and what's your degree?

Majored in biology with an entomology minor. Did insect research for a while then got a lead for this position. 45 a year and i'm on contract but have a strong possibility of getting on full time relatively soon. Fingers crossed brehs. Linkedin helped a lot for getting noticed by recruiters

Welder in job title, though don't do a lot of welding currently. When I do it's .052" FCAW 99% of the time.

I'm an interior finisher/ mud and tape drywaller. 17.50/hr. You make the real money with side jobs though

Clean offices

Steamfitter here whuddup

>wagie wagie get in cagie

Dentist
Lifting helps my lower back day to day, and doing extractions and injections

Attached: 18095244_121457945069616_3578230034181128192_n.jpg (320x311, 28K)

brainlet that knows nothing about work

Good man, I'm glad to hear things are going well.
I'm currently studying Biology, planning on Majoring in genetics in hopes of becoming a Genetic Engineer one day.
I'm concerned though because I have no clue how the job market will be by the time I graduate, the future of genetics looks shaky to me, given all the ethical and moral concerns.
Here's hoping for the best lol

nice, wish i did something smart like dental school, i want them dentalbucks

I used to work as a mover. $15 an hour, but like you said, the side-jobs added up $$$ quickly.
It's a solid job I say.

>Steam-fitter
How's that going? I know a guy in a piping trade (not too sure of his position) who's clearing $100k+ per year.
He tells me that he's making good money & enjoys what he does, dude's living the life it seems

CNC masterrace right here , nibbas.

>people should give me shit in exchange for nothing
>a bloo bloo bloo wage cuck slaves

Why are you such a failure, user? I bet your parents want to throw you out and let you starve.

Same here brother. Also going to school at night for mechanical engineering. Job market is great and making things out of metal is fun as fuck

Kek you brainlets. I start my comfy 62k a year college grad job in two months. 40 hrs a week and zero effort.

I work at a bank and make $17,000 per year after taxes

What's the name of your company you're working for and degree?

Ophthalmic Technician

Currently in school to be an electrician.I wouldn't do a job to exhausting tho,I wanna have energy for the second part of the day.

I was building/doing technician work on forklifts
Went in as a temp and busted ass for a year
Had the highest effectivity in the plant
Went to my supervisor and basically said I'm not doing this for $11/hr no benefits while the techs are doing the same thing making $27/hr full benefits
They called my bluff and replaced me with a nig who couldn't do half of what I did for them

fuarkk that honestly sounds fun as fuq. You got any work stories?

2nd yr union apprentice electrician

I think genetics is a pretty safe field to do your undergrad in career wise. Its got a lot of controversy cause a lot of money and interesting stuff can potentially come out of it. Definitely do an internship or some sort of research job before you graduate too. You'll want it on your resume

I work in Human Resources.

It's important work and it annoys me that I cop so much shit for it.

Why do I keep getting cavities :(
I floss and brush daily very thoroughly

I conserve historical sites with the nps and make about 60,000 a year
History degrees are cool

I make 120k a year as a auto mechanic with no college and a 4 day work week. Kek.

how the fuck

Some people are just toothlets. No joke, a lot of dental health is genetic even when you take proper care.

I'm a welder. It's alright but I get laid off every now and then when work slows down and idk if I wanna do it forever. Plan to start my own business.

nice user im about to return to school for archaeology and this makes me less nervous about the future

Thanks for the advice. I've got a buddy of mine in Geology who's already got a few high paying jobs lined up for him just from doing internships & he hasn't even graduated yet.
Sounds like bullshit, but from the companies he's told me about, it sounds believable.
Gotta get that work experience though.

Welding n' maintenance. Had a hard time finding anything entry level related to welding. Not many people want to hire the newbie fresh outta school.

Professional shitposter

I'm a software developer. Not much movement. Motorized desk and other startup things help a bit.

I believe it. Work experience and connections are huge and internships can net you both. Being personable is also very important; hard to build up more connections if you aren't likable. But its also smart to remember not everybody will get along with you and try not to let those people fuck you over or ruin too many of your days. Had that issue at my last job. Kept asking my one coworker I got along with if I had done something to upset the other two. Found out they just were mad cause they got along real well with the previous contractor (fat, female, similar personality) in contrast to me (fit, male, wildly different persona, hobbies, work habits) its good that you're thinking about this stuff but also try to enjoy your undergrad. My last year was one of the best times of my life but that was also cause of the girl I dated at the time. Anyways good luck m8

Own and operate a supplement and sports nutrition shop. Fairly comfy, get to lift whenever i want, money is decent until we open up our 2nd location later this year.

I wish I could gas you people.

I hate nothing more that supplement retailers and people who peddle gym culture and gym culture apparel.

i appreciate your feedback

heavy equipment mechanic here, some days are utter shit but pay is good.

>leeching off your parents as an adult

Attached: 1433053999413.jpg (473x360, 27K)

Software engineer for an SV company

Larp

another multi millionaire on fit

Not yet, maybe one day

applied structural driving

Welder

Construction dudes would look a lot better if they just ate better. There's plenty of lifting to get a decent body.

Idk how the mexicans maintain their ogre form. I've watched a crew bust ass on concrete from dusk til dawn under the texas sun hammer, and some of those fucks are still 300+. I mean props, but like, fuck.

how is work as a welder? I was thinking about getting certified for it but i hear the market is kinda flooded

>He fell for the "contributing to society meme"

Attached: neet_hehe.png (551x414, 298K)

Somebody break my neck
Senior year of university with three useless majors (political science, Arabic and comm studies) because I was a retard when I came in & my mom forced me to go. I wanna go to law school after this horseshit but as of right now I’m a line cook making 10/hr and working till 1 A.M. which fucks up my lifts. You ever meet a cook who is jacked? No, because they’re all Hondurans and recovering Heroin addicts.
Soul crushing retardation but at least I have a 3.83 GPA and I was a resident assistant and won a bunch of awards in a debating society. Hopefully I will be given money for law school but I lucked out w/ no debt so far

Quick tell me something in ching a long

>very smart in hs
>make mistake going to college to get job in healthcare where id have to go to grad school
>do meh in college because miserable loser
>>have failed repeatedly to get into grad school, working entry level pathetic job getting more miserable every passing day/month/year as i remain a loser
>should have just gotten some office job major where they dont care about GPA out of school and can have decent job

I speak Japanese too actually (albeit poorly now) because I studied it for four years
But uhhh
كسم أمك و انت ابن كاب و
الموت اسرائيل
ぼくのおちんちんは小さい!^ - ^
Pic related from my personal study abroad to a country in the Levant.... 600 year old church

Attached: C2FE916A-9FB9-4FFA-9B4E-D754C0179191.jpg (3264x2448, 1.97M)

Market is flooded with shit welders, what the market needs is good welders.

I do it because I like working with fire and steel. Blacksmithing and all that nerdy shit. Most structural construction will have you do stick welding (electrode held in a clamp), and that pretty easy. Factories will generally have you do mig weldering (think of a gun that spits wire). If you actually have the skill for it, some companies will have you do tig work, which is kind of like soldering...sort of. It's a bit trickier than the other two, easily the "hardest".

Any local shit for brains can stick weld. I could teach you the basics in an afternoon. Your welds won't look great, but you'll get the process down. It just takes time and experience after that. The big bucks come when a company has you hired on as a multi welder. So you might be welding pipe together, and you'd start by tig welding the root, then going over that with FCAW or whatever the specs call for.

It's not a comfortable life, but then again construction rarely is, but that's life for you. A pretty corpse never lived in the first place and all that jazz. I do it because it's fun. The big bucks come from traveling around, the shit pay comes from staying in one area.

on paper they're Jow Forums, but in reality most of the dudes working them are horrendously out of shape with a lot of health problems

Sorry man. Nigs gonna nog

Motorcycle mechanic. I lift heavy shit all day so I guess its fit related. Pay is good. I dont have any certifications, and just learned from doing so I dont make quite as much as my peers, even though the ones who went to school are total fucksticks who break more than they fix.

I dont know if youre bullshitting or not, but for those thinking this isnt possible, multiple factory certifications for luxury/exotics earns you a lot more than that.

>an auto mechanic will make as much as a doctor

yeah

>Are skilled trades Jow Forums?
Unless you’re a carpenter or welder, no.

>What does Jow Forums do for a living?
Military.

Yes they will in some situations. Asshole doctor buys an asshole foreign sports car and pays out the nose to guys like that when his transmission fails because he doesnt know how to drive it.

orthopaedic surgeon

airline pilot. Being ripped makes me look more alpha to my flight attendants.

how 2 become pilot

Ask.

>get license
>fly as hobby to get hours up
>move to fuckoff nowhere to fly light planes for hours and hours and hours commercially
>get hired by a big company once you have a billion flight hours
>you are now a pilot

that sounds exorbitantly expensive

It is.

Jow Forums redpill me on being a personal trainer I'm looking at an 18 week course that gives you my country's most widely accepted pt accreditation and a nutritional course on top. They guarantee you 6 months work and give.you another course in the bundle on how to open your own business and connect with clientele.

Will this work as a career or will it not pay enough eventually? I don't know the average rates for it but I know people who did it with different institutes and went on to do something else.

My end goal is to own a gym.

I don't really know anything concrete about that, but I don't think that training people in a gym is going to help you on your way to managing a personal business that will include keeping memberships, auto-payments, insurance, utilities, maintenance, employees etc.

Sounds like a good idea if your goals is to eventually own a gym. But i think personal training is more about sales and making people feel good rather then having a good knowledge of training, sadly.

Personal training is a sales industry.

Penis inspector

Huh? Everywhere near me is hurting for welders.
I'm a lead welder/fabricator. I mostly run the plasma table now drawing up parts and cutting them for the welders I'm in charge of

They decided to make kids, they're responsible

Chef.

is there anyway to fix my overbite without braces

get on K2+D3 my man.

Is anyone here a truck driver? It sounds good to me since I don't plan on getting married nor do I like having to deal with people on daily basis. Ironically, I'm studying to become a nurse.

truck driver here. all my work is local so I'm home almost every night and if I'm not they put me up in a hotel. I deliver beer, mostly in kegs so its pretty Jow Forums

$55k / year with benefits etc.

The job is a double edged sword, I love my independence, don't have to sit with the same people all day. I'm free to run errands in the middle of my day, stop to eat when I want etc. The flip side is that you aren't finished until the work is done, often get stuck in rush hour traffic at the end of the day, sometimes the truck breaks down. Personally, I don't think I'd enjoy long-haul work. I like getting out of the truck every 15 minutes or so and doing something physical.

Attached: 1508983713970.jpg (2978x1980, 547K)

Its taxing on the body in your 20s too m8. Every Saturday I sleep til 3pm. Electrician working on building sites here 7 am til 5 30pm. I'm pretty fit though, the other guys are strong far as they like their alcohol and food too much at the weekend

Being a welder sounds really cool, too bad about the cancer rates, otherwise I'd be one.

You need access to a plane that you can fly to get your hours.
Most pilots are kids of pilots or their nephews.
Any idiot lucky enough to have that access can do it or if your pockets are deep enough, you can find a plane owner and work something out.
One of the dumbest guys I know, a coworker, is aspiring to be a commercial airline pilot. His dad is part-owner of some smallish plane so my buddy gets all of his hours for super cheap.

Not that user but isn't it unhealthy though? I'm an engineer and we had a session with a welder (to see how it's done in practice so we understand what technicians do) and there were weird fumes/gases being produced.

Just make sure you have decent air filters

your work is retarded and you should kys

>Go to Air Force academy in home country
>Bomb ISIS for a few years
>Get a cushy airline job when you retire
I was thinking of doing this before I found out I was colourblind RIP.

Are you a good dentist that makes sure people have a good airway and know about myofunctional therapy?

Medical equipment tech. I lift heavy ass medical equipment all day. The pays garbage but my arms look good

The far right incissor sticks out forward slightly. Should I go and get braces or just leave it?

How many hookers have you killed?

Low volt here. It keeps me in shape because im moving all day but by the end of the day im tired and want to home and go to bed. Im a skelly and sometimes im so busy i work through lunch and barely eat anything when i get home so its not great for me tbqh.

Camera operator and DP here. It can get pretty intense doing handheld camera work all day, it's the reason I started working out, but its still taxing on the back, shoulders and arms. I know lots of old timers who can't do it anymore because they fucked their back doing this. Trying to not be like them but I don't really know how.

Any recommendations to avoid fucking my back up? Also, what exercises can I do to be as steady and fluid in my motions as possible?

Attached: Day-10-214-XL1-e1451415847119.jpg (1024x576, 145K)

Ethics and morals almost always lose to progress. If there is a lot to be gained someone will cough up the money.

Ex army, now mailman. Burns the calories consistently with about 7 to 8 KM walking a day. Early starts mean I gym about 4AM. Less douchefags around that time of morning. Pay isn't too bad circa 35k but earned over 40k last year... working 60-70 hours a week though, I'm naturally a hyperactive and I typically only sleep 6 hours a night and I get bored easy at home but it's still not bad if you do less hours

true dat

I've seen some of the camera operators for shows like amazing race and other reality shows and the guys are huge and very athletic

3rd year here. $21.90/hr in my local

Do you ingest a lot of sugar?