Does getting fit help with mental health?

Does getting fit help with mental health?

I'm a 27 year old skinny-fat neet and I swear I am only weeks away from snapping in a violent way. I can feel my mind going more out of control every single day and it has gotten to the point that I wish I had a gun so I could shoot myself with it.

Attached: 1545652363683.jpg (470x512, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefitness.wiki/routines/strength-training-muscle-building/
youtube.com/watch?v=mRH-URpgZrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Short answer: yes

Healthy spirit can live only in a healthy body my friend

Attached: 1549845482648.png (1201x698, 411K)

Nah, alcohol and antipsychotics help with my mental health

polychemical user for over 5 years, flirted with every drug on and off but benzos truly stole my soul, I got out of a three month relapse around mid January this year and was seriously considering suicide due to how bad my withdrawal was, i signed up to the gym and put myself into recovery and I've been lifting every day since January 31st 2019 and my life has drastically changed.

I met an incredible beautiful girl, my sleep has improved drastically my health has improved I look better in my clothes, my mindset has improved where now reject the blackpill completely and look at everyday as a new battle that will be won. user I implore you to start lifting, it was singlehandledly better than any decision i've ever made in my life and I've been sober since Jan 14th.

Attached: MDE_BOMB - hi-res PDF - besormat.jpg (2549x3299, 745K)

I'm in the best shape of my life and yes, my mental issues are slowly melting away with the fat.
People also help.

you'd be amazed at what something simple, like an hour long walk a day can do for your health and mood.

Attached: work.png (371x519, 79K)

Yes. It helps A LOT.

We humans need long term goals to feel fulfilled and to keep going in life. Getting fit is a long term goal that'll keep you going forward.

oh and the actual gainz, grills, compliments, and general feeling of being fit and healthy will lift you up when nothing else will. Go at it my nigga, hit that gym

OP here.

Thanks guys.
Is body weight training a meme? I'm definitely not in a place to go to the gym right now.

Bodyweight is not a meme,but it's easier to progress with weights because you choose "X" exercise and then add one kilogram every training sessione;with bodyweight exercises once you are past ten repetitions,you're just training muscular endurance,which isn't a bad thing,but if you want to look good it doesn't help.
My suggestion is to start with bodyweight and then move to weightlifting.

here

Lifting anything is not a meme, a good book on bodyweight training is called convict conditioning.

But I do suggest you watch videos on starting strength's youtube channel on how to do the basic compound lifts like the squat, press, deadlift and bench

Yes, therapy biweekly, used to just be by myself now I take my wife with me. The combination of therapy and daily work on myself has taken me from a total wreck to being happy for the first time in literal years. Highly recommend it.

I work out at home. Get yourself a 300lb weight set, a squat rack that can go low enough for bench press, and a bench. Not an expensive acquisition and it's significantly easier on me to just go to another room once I get the kids to bed.

Take life less seriously user, it's not near as daunting as you're making it out to be.

naw man, not a meme. But sooner or later you'll have to move on to weights.

also i'd still implore you to go to the gym. Getting out of the house, walking to the gym & being in that atmosphere would make you feel better.

thefitness.wiki/routines/strength-training-muscle-building/ < see if you can find a routine that fits you here

'not in the right place'

Meaningless. It's like saying I'm not in the right place to buy food. Then run to the damn supermarket.

You want health, mental and physical? Then you need to rise and grind.

If you are a NEET the most important thing is teaching yourself an employable skill. Lifting will help but at the end of the day you will still be a neet.

the gym attracts a lot of mentally ill people; it's probably going to make it worse lmfao

hi schizo brah

I used to want to die now I wanna live because of dragon ball themes and liftin

how mentally ill are you really? because if you're having psychosis it's not going to help too much.

couldnt hurt your chances

Attached: FCEC8B1B-CB4D-4012-A116-39AFD29C81F5.jpg (600x600, 349K)

yes but also music

please for the love of God listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=mRH-URpgZrM

i didnt fuck my cat. i didnt cum on my cat. i didnt put my dick anywhere near my cat. Ive never done anything weird with my cats