/fitlit/ thread what are we reading?

/fitlit/ thread what are we reading?

Attached: 1553142869653.png (1720x1152, 1.48M)

One of these things is not like the others.

Cloud of Sparrows by takashi matsuoka

Literally anything other than the basedcore woe is me fedora shit in your pic, OP. Jow Forums is about self improvement not wallowing in despair as a DYEL euro goblin

Just picked it up so haven't started it yet, any insights?

Attached: 51+yW+xXyHL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 22K)

doesnt matter what you read as long as you read.
but I gotta say, reading so much ideologies like you... makes you look like a retard.

done with this civilization bullshit. Soon I be back to natural state of man

Attached: 518ThEWc8oL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (386x499, 26K)

Listening TWOTSM audiobook while I do cardio. Started it recently so I'm only in the 3rd chapter, but I think it focuses too much on relationships aand LTR, I expected more about inner manhood. We'll see

Attached: A1rO5vz1xzL.jpg (1759x2560, 1.36M)

>blackedpill
cucks

those books are not about wallowing in despair they are high brow literature and philosophy this board has no taste for anything how about you try reading something good instead of feel good shit that has no depth written to make a quick buck like the power of now or the subtle art of not giving a fuck you philistine

you dont know what ideology is

Make something up: stories you can't unread - chuck palahniuk

I read Society of the Spectacle for a class in college. Based prof

what class? wish debord and baudrillard were taught more in college desu

No. Those are books for cucks. fuck off.

you don't even read

Wrong. I just don't read worthless atheist trash.

Just put this on my kindle earlier. Can't wait to start reading it in bed tonight.

Attached: 41FVEPGQaRL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (314x499, 19K)

Relatable as fuck.

Attached: Albert-Camus-The-Stranger.jpg (450x400, 19K)

>Have you ever sat down and read this thing? Technically going to the bathroom is Fascist

Attached: 2840B153-6FF0-4478-8F60-AB771DFFDAD1.jpg (512x384, 25K)

Berserk

I'm about 700 pages into the Babylonian Talmud. Reading these rabbinic discourses is like watching the jews turn from God (again) in real time.
>you can move a dead body on the sabbath if you put a baby or a loaf of bread on it
lmao, these guys

Bump

one of my favorites bro ive read it twice

Camus was the saviour of humanity

Enjoy your slave mentality Christ-cuck

just finished Blood Meridian for the second time. Pretty solid, one of the most entertaining books I've ever read.

Currently reading this. Haven't read anything like it before. Very unique. (Not that exact translation/copy)

Attached: 61eXTtkiFdL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 53K)

Bump

Just finished Neuromancer and it was fun as fuck

Mandatory.

Attached: benji.jpg (500x500, 52K)

is the man without qualitites worth reading?

Good book

Attached: y648.jpg (430x648, 38K)

Seneca, Le Bon etc

worth it

Attached: 8117HB7WbvL.jpg (1400x2092, 303K)

turgenev and chekhov>>>dosto and tolstoy

Culture of Critique

Gates of fire is a nice piece of short historical fiction. Read that for sure.

That book is so fucking good

Not Jow Forums related but definitely a good read. If you like personal narratives, def give it a try. It's about a guy in Vermont with two sons with schizophrenia, one of whom committed suicide. So yeah if you like sadboi shit then give it a go

Attached: 41g+0otRf5L._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 14K)

Starting some murakami

bump

trying to polish off all of the main novels, then work my way into short stories.

Attached: robots.jpg (1450x2396, 934K)

Not bad for a 17-21 year old

Any recommendations on eastern philosophy?

Hey good for you! Old school sci fi is really enlightening and just the right amount of campy. Keep going.

Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha
God is Nothingness
If Truth Be Told
Emptiness Dancing

Siddhartha

hella relatable, i also shot an arab bc the sun shined a littlw too hot on me

This badboy right here

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-230211.png (1517x2048, 2.68M)

merton's writings on zen

what a book user. I found a copy of it for $1 in Amherst, MA...sadly I didn't really like Grass at the time and I gave it away. Do you like it? I really have been wanting to read The Tin Drum.

It's pretty good so far about 100 pages in. The way Grass writes is just so weird yet captivating that I fell in love with this thing as soon as I picked it up

Nietzsche. I like it

If you want blackpilled non-fiction read The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti. Horror writer in the style of Lovecraft and Poe but wrote this late in his life.

Basically, humans have evolved too much, we're an unnatural aberration that's developed psychological tricks to fool ourselves into believing otherwise, and for the sake of future generations, should stop breeding.

The power of now has plenty of substance lol

The Gita

Patrick Buchanan's The Death of the West.

DBZ fanfics and kh3 fanfics. The cringier the better.

>Adorno
>Non fiction
hhehe

I finished No Longer at Ease last week.
Now reading The Savage Detectives.
Also, i truly doubt anyone that posts OP's pic has read those books. there's no chance people here read and understood Baudrillard or Debord lol

I don't agree with your first statement. some books are devoid of any value and probably detrimental as well. people need to stop putting the action of reading on such a high pedestal.

you should actually sit down and read a book rather than listening to them.
it's a completely different method of absorbing information and not at all equivalent.
also you can't focus on that book if you're running. you'll be done with it and will only have absorbed a fraction of it.

Based

Unironically.

Attached: 24E9C825-3403-4442-80A5-AB2BA848741A.jpg (300x483, 28K)

it's on my reading list. excited as well. heard a lot of praise about it.
you slaying puss and shooting up arabs?

Literally written by a German dude

Not the user you responded to, but I gotta disagree with you here. Audiobooks (and informational podcasts for that matter) take practice to absorb properly, just like regular books do, but I listen to stuff constantly while commuting via bike and running. As long as you're at an easy pace audiobooks are super effective, for the right kind of person.

Attached: [email protected] (1600x1200, 263K)

it's just watered down chink philosophy there is maybe like 1 or 2 golden nuggets of wisdom in there read someing that has literary merit
Journey to the West if you want fiction it is great
Zhuangzi
I ching

>reading a delightful little novel by Alfred Camus
>notice an upset girl at school yelling at her boyfriend
>her naive fieriness rings true within me
>the Beast awakens, and I hunger once more.
>I analyse her movement patterns for the next week
>find her in the library talking with a friend
>I move like a walking shadow, crushed velvet blazer camouflaging me completely
>"Hello. You have the eyes of a hunter, child"
>she is so enamoured by my guileish charms that she and her friend begin to laugh
>I smirk goodnaturedly. How humoreux. How quaint.
>Invite her for dinner. A quick... bite.
>She laughs. I just keep staring.
>Her oafish boyfriend appears.
>"Get the fuck out of here user"
>"Perhaps"
>i keep on smirking. A single strike to their jugulars and the talking sheep could be slain.
>He punches me.
>Eye swollen up - I steam a small bag of petit pois beside the bruise.
>A brilliant multitasker, as always.

Bump

My yearly reading so far.
>4 books behind schedule because Malazan is so long

Attached: dicks... dicks OAK.jpg (670x806, 124K)

Attached: FBB0034B-355D-4276-92A1-5B2805059F8B.jpg (750x1000, 42K)

thank you user

Just finished Crime and Punishment and bought this. Loved Crime and Punishment so I'm very excited

Attached: goob.jpg (371x499, 18K)

based

>Absurdism
>Literally a philosophy about embracing your autism
Based

Fun and enjoyable book, prepare to be mindfucked

the logical conclusion of /fitlit/

I usually look down upon /fitlit/ people as insufferable pseuds (too much peterson-core self help alt-right shit/reading to appear smart and well-rounded), but unfortunately /lit/ is even worse than /fitlit/ because they don't even read.

I'm about to start reading Plutarch's Lives. I am quite excited to do so; it'll be jolly good fun.

Max autistic comfiness right here

Attached: BookOfThicc.jpg (319x499, 22K)

TBK is way more philosophy and religiously heavy than C&P, but every single line is worth it. tbk is so powerful and beautiful

Lots of people shit on Ayn Rand on this site but I was still gonna read Atlas Shrugged to see why everyone talked about it. On another anons recommendation I read this first and really enjoyed it. Gonna probably read some other stuff before circling back to her other books.

Attached: TheFountainhead.jpg (211x320, 22K)

Newspaper pulp for muscovite housewives, literally the 19th century equivalent of soap operas.

Reading Infinite Jest, still
christ that book is a marathon

I know a lot of people think the middle part is pretty asinine and I can see that but I'm still entertained. Worth it, I think, for the good parts

> Title book "How it is"
>Genre: Fiction

who do I believe?

Me too but I'm so lazy I haven't got passed page two. The internet ruins everything.

Carl jungs memoirs

The Fountinhead is more readable than Atlas Shrugged. The problem with Rand is she's fucking hamfisted and you get the theme and point like 30 pages in when the first strong chick gets railed by the guy who doesn't play by the rules.

Where did this reading meme come from? Why do people think having/reading a new book every month does something for them?
>le I can get 10 years worth of someone’s knowledge on a subject if I read ONE book
Okay? I can get a tdlr from Wikipedia that takes about 15 minutes

Seriously give me one compelling argument as to why reading is beneficial in any way shape or form? Seems to me like those “hobbies” people who have no discipline pick up like mechanical keyboards, watches, music, etc etc. just so they can feel like they’ve done something to set themselves apart from others when really they just spent more money

>inb4 someone uses an instructions straw man or le you can’t read fallacy

Everyone should be able to read and write that’s besides the point. What does one gain from reading a book everyday?

i wish i could be as cool as you

(You)

Attached: a17.gif (680x476, 63K)

Novels and nonfiction are two seperate things. Take a contempary short fiction class and learn to read into symbolism. You may also want to read Man and his Symbols or Myths to Live By

Yeah I bet you wish it was bait I’m being serious. What does different books in this online circle jerk actually do for you?

We already know IQ is set in stone by genetics so what’s the purpose of religiously reading?

Intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom are also seperate things user. Magnus Carlson's IQ is 190 but that doesn't mean he knows things just that he can solve puzzles.

Reading doesn’t make you smarter, at most it will teach you a knew skill, however your average library goer is reading some pop culture drivel. Hell even brain surgeons no matter how much they read ultimentkally have to learn from hands on experience with an instructor. Reading does jack shit compared to hands on learning

And what does learning about symbolism do for me?

There definitive correlation between ones intellect and ones wisdom/ability to learn something

>Magnus Carlson's IQ is 190 but that doesn't mean he knows things just that he can solve puzzles

What’s the point of being knowledgeable in an area that literally won’t help you? What has he to gain from reading countless philosophy books if he never plans on being a philosopher?