Skincare

Jow Forumsizens, what is your skincare routine. At the moment I just shave and moisturize, however I've ordered some cleanser and exfoliating scrub as well.

Attached: 0.png (768x432, 123K)

I would welcome any advice for restoring dehydrated skin.

And my current routine:
wash face using foaming cleanser
apply hyaluronic acid to forehead
apply moisturizer mixed with safflower oil to forehead
shave using preshave and foam, afterwards apply aftershave lotion balm
apply vitamin c to a few spots
brush my teeth while the aftershave lotion dries
apply hyaluronic acid to the rest of the face
apply moisturizer to the rest of the face

For night time I also apply BHA on the lower half of my face before hyaluronic acid.

/fa/ is slower and skin care threads aren't as extensive as on Jow Forums, maybe due to a younger user base there.

saltwater on my face at night. wash it off next morning.

I forgot, after washing off I use witch hazel toner and then rub in fresh aloe. Works so well.

I using hot water and soap on my face and haven't had a break out in a couple months.

Anyone have progress pics related to this level of skincare? I have decent skin by just washing and using spf lotion, so I don't want to buy all of these products for nothing.

Shit, shower, shave.

Every morning in that order

What can be done about indented acne scars?

This

I've found that food/excercise has helped my skin way more than external stuff. Mostly eating less carbs, avoiding beer and wine (i still drink), and eating lots of eggs, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, fish.

Cleanser
Moisturizer with no SPF
Chemical exfoliation like stridex SA pads (less irritating than physical exfoliation for the same benefit)
Little bit of sunscreen during the day
(that's my recommended basic routine)
Differin + amoxicillin to try and fight my acne
Dermaroll every now and then for some acne scars

You could cut the cleanser and chemical exfoliant if you want. Leave the diets to moms and their toxins + aromatherapy bullshit. What "works" for some people won't likely work for you because of genetics.

People have had some success with an occlusive mask before bed. Take some vaseline, rub it together in your hands until it's HOT then rub it all over the face. Reduce the cleanser to once or no times a day, you can keep the exfoliation.

/fa/ is somehow worse than this board's advice.

Dermarolling is the cheap solution. Don't expect a miracle though. Collagen induction therapy has been proven to work, which is what microneedling is.

why the hell would you go to the fashion board over the fitness board for skin care advice? OP isn't putting on make up.

What you need to understand about skincare is that it's a massive cope. Nobody except bored housewives are doing dermarolling or retinoids unless their skin is kind of fucked up already. So somebody with acne is more likely to buy products to try and fight it but if your skin is already good you don't need it. The only thing I see consistently work is heavy duty drugs, while these miracle apple cider cures are always some blog post with no untouched before and after picture. I feel the same way about them as people trying to cure illness with aromatherapy.

There's tons of people trying to feel important by making up cure-alls that are not supported by any evidence whatsoever. Big one I see is diet suggestions, as if everyone with acne is some slob who drinks 2 liters of coke every day and is a raging alcoholic. Might as well say "wash your face bro!" Furthermore, skin is basically genetics so a solution from someone won't exactly work for you and that goes for both products and pseudoscience remedies.

The big one that affects everyone is sun damage. Problem is that you sweat off sunscreen and most men don't carry little bottles of sunscreen in their cute manpurses so you do what you can. After that, moisturizer works for every skin type so you can't go wrong there. That's basically all you need if you have no glaring issues and it's not facefucking your wallet like toners and serums.

Whole foods and exercise awarded me with shoulder acne.

Why the moisturizer with no SPF if you're still gonna apply sunscreen during the day? Are they worse somehow?

you're a fucking idiot

Balance out your omega 3:6 ratio, eat plenty of vitamin A through raw grass fed pasture raised liver (or cod liver oil if you’re a bitch), get plenty of sun, and eliminate foods that promote inflammation (sugar, grains, starches). Acne is literally just the body detoxing, don’t give it any toxins to release and it’ll stop. Stop throwing acid and lab made chemicals on your face. Increase vitamin contentnof your diet.

Usually the sunscreen has better protection, higher SPF. I read a couple thing suggesting that noSPF moisturizer is better for bed but it probably doesn't make much difference.

>t. aloe vera jelly cured my TERRIBLE ACNE in just 3 easy applications!!!

fixing your diet and using retinol + moisturizers + soap will fix your face. you're a fucking retard post face

Post study that diet fixes face. That other stuff has proof but show your mom diet that eliminates all toxins and purifies your skins ph balance so you look like sunshine and your shit smells like flowers.

You're dialing it back.

Use a shower filter to block chlorine and other abrasive chemicals/minerals.

Don't take overly hot showers, or long ones for that matter

Minimize exposure to cleansers/soaps

you said diet means nothing and it's all genetics. entirely false

cutting fast food and sugar out is not a facebook fad diet. you stupid fucking kike

Post. The. Evidence. Retard.

the only skincare you actually need is less junkfood more water steady and healthy sleep schedule and stop taking hot showers, showers should be balanced perfectly between cold and luke warm, too cold dries the skin, too warm dries the skin

>not eating foods that help skin and hair from the inside out.

>1tbs coconut oil a day for balancing skin and hair oils. Excellent substitute in cooking for fats or oils.
>coconut oil brushed in hair tips weekly for split ends and dry hair
>1/4th cup of spinach at least once a week for Zinc for acne
>flax seed oil and at least one serving of salmon weekly for omega 3s from plant and meat sources to act with zinc and keep skin acne free
>goat milk soap for natural hydrating without harsh chemicals
>Shea moisture shampoo for my grease mop of a head of hair that needs super gentle natural shampoo to not look greasy

Never take fish oil pills if you have acne. It suppresses immune response to bacteria causing acne. But all pizza face hell will break loose if you forget to take it once.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

How do I prevent leg pimples? My face is perfectly clear but every few weeks a big cystic pimple shows up on the back of my legs/lower ass cheeks. I shower daily and exfoliate so it isn't a hygene issue.

I got spiderveins in my face and I'm using apple vinegar to get rid of it, any other tips?