OHP is a good mass buil-

>OHP is a good mass buil-

Attached: VID_20190321_16-VideoToMp4.webm (1080x1920, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lSK2lV_YKY
youtube.com/watch?v=y0I6XKuRr-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is though

This guy is just fat as fuck and probably only does 1RMs.

It is when you can rep your bodyweight and aren't a manlet lmao look at this faggot

>0.8x bw standing incline bench press for one (1) rep

is this supposed to be impressive?

Do it without Belt. Keep your back straight, else its nothing else but a bench Press.
Faggot

Post body

He has some decent mass on him though.

seething dyels

If her cut weight he would be aesthetic, you gotta live it if you want them Big boi weights

Attached: 67AF380C-FD59-4311-89CD-2486EC892BE1.jpg (634x511, 57K)

Post body

I'm not the one talking shit. Now you post body and lifts

Attached: images(8).jpg (225x225, 12K)

this dude has a weird head/neck combo

Attached: progress28.jpg (2048x2048, 313K)

>calls everyone in thread a dyel
>I'm not the one talking shit
So you're a dyel and a retard?

>not a single person here can ohp as much as this guy

I don’t think anyone is denying he is strong. People are just wondering how he can OHP 2pl8 yet still look like he’s never set foot in a gym

Calling you a retard isn't talking shit, because it's justified. You, however, were talking shit with nothing to back it up. Post your body and videos of your lifts, or fuck off.

lmao you looked infinitely better as a twink user

I can and ive been lifting for 7 months i got it around 6 months not everyone has shit genetics like you kike

this guy is fat and dumb. but op is even dumber. the point is not to lift as heavy as you can. the point is to train your body. "mass building" does not come from pigging out and 1 rep maxing. good bodies come from fitness and physical training. this stupid clown probably only works up a sweat when he is eating. i'm really glad people like this exist otherwise some really hard manual labor would go undone but seriously if you lift or think like op or his pic related you are a retard. i already posted my body in the stop aging thread. i only lift 100 lbs and i look better than 90% of fit.

My justification is he's a fat fuck manlet. Post body or fuck off, or ask yourself why you are white knighting a tiny dick with mantits.

>Starting Strength

>ohp 100kg after 6 month
Post body and shoulder pic with timestamp or else gtfo larp

This? You look like shit bud

And yet, still no proofs you know what you're talking about

>This guy weighs 125kg

Attached: BiodegradableGiganticBass-size_restricted.gif (395x520, 1.69M)

i-is that 2 plates

Attached: 1546735954791.png (854x480, 628K)

do you think people seriously believe your e-statting? fucking sad cunt.

you should have literally none nothing but pull ups 24/7 and you would have ended up in otter mode

now you are knocking on bloho mode

Look at this guy defending his fat boyfriend!

Attached: 1549129413882.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

at

>>OHP is a good mass buil-

Can't believe you guys still haven't realized that physique and physique changes in response to training is 80+% genetic.

>he's a fat fuck manlet
Yet the guy can kick your ass.

Attached: 1551655648651.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>is 80+% genetic
Yeah, we should all stop lifting, bros. It's worthless.

Attached: 24y6hgfrfff40.png (411x375, 211K)

That's 105 kg, if it were 0.8x bw that'd mean 131 kg body weight
Not that believable

u looked better before

Why are there so many retards that can’t grasp the concept that strength and size aren’t completely directly correlated ?

Didn't see the plates
Also checked Hitler dubs

lol nah i will just hold his head back or pick him up and put him back in his good boy chair, or you know, take a step back and wait for him to sprint to catch back up lmao

Lol fucking manlets, I rack the bar that height when I do rackpulls.

>starting strength is a good progr-

it really is the best thing for beginners though...

OHP is unironcally the most dangerous lift out there. Human shoulders aren't built to lift excessive weight in such a way, unlike say deadlifts

He is not a double digit IQ dude bro doing only upper body hypertrophy

pls stop posting

holy shit, that cant be real? Going from nice looking but skinny to all kinds of weird proportions and flabby. Pls tell me thats photoshopped or right is the starting point or smth

>tfw hit 110 kg OHP today

Feels good brehs

I've never heard anyone say ohp builds size. youtube.com/watch?v=9lSK2lV_YKY

Keyword: beginners. After a couple of months you should move on to a better program

Hell yeah great work bro that's insane numbers

No, you move on when the program is over. There are precise prescriptions about when the program is over and when it isn't.

The whole "SS is bad" or "SS is good but only for two months" thing comes from retards who don't read the book, who think SS means "squat 3x5 three times a week", and nothing else.

Dude you need to do shoulders and back. You are doing too much legs and not enough upper body.

The guy has pretty board shoulders so yeah it is.

You fell for the SS meme didn’t you?

It's for building a base. Once that base is built, you move on. Unless all you care about is strength and don't care if you look like a T-Rex

Of course. When are you done building the base? Not after an arbitrary 2 months, but when the SSLP is no longer working (typically 2-4 months). Anything else would be very inefficient.
Why do a hypertrophy focused program as a 100 kg squatter, if you could do the same program as a 140 kg squatter one month later, and get a vastly better outcome?

that's what starting strength does to you. I've seen several victims look similar to that.

He looked better before lol

>It's for building a base
>Anything else would be very inefficient

It's for putting mass on teenagers for the purpose of football. The reason why starting strength victims look the way they do is because like many beginner strength training programs it's based off of Bill Starr's The Strongest Shall Survive: Strength Training for Football. If someone doesn't give a shit about being taking a tackle or tackling people SS probably won't align with their goals unless their goal is just weight and strength.

I would never put someone on SS unless they were skinny and even then I'd find it questionable. Teenagers bounce back from injuries easily but adults are more prone to tendonitis and other bullshit from barbell presses. Beginners need to focus on getting their diet in check above all else, giving beginners a free pass to eat in excess because their LP demands it is an awful idea.

If I had to give a beginner a program I'd give them something that's all calisthenics for press work alongside barbell squats, deadlifts. Pull-ups progression would start immediately as well rather than a bit later in the program. Barbell pressing reserved for when they can do handstand push-ups, essentially when they graduate from novice to intermediate.

Attached: 186277479623.png (488x465, 28K)

Yeah dips and pushups are very good

WTF?!

mammals aren't meant to load their spines maximally like they do on deadlifts and squats

Wrong retard, OHP is actually even Superior to Bench because you're internally rotating your shoulders, whereas bench slowly fucks you up

>People are just wondering how he can OHP 2pl8 yet still look like he’s never set foot in a gym
Because strength training and bodybuilding are not the same thing.

>t.

Attached: 1552029363892.jpg (634x845, 24K)

>push press
gay

>shit form
may as well just bench

>tfw trap doms from OHP

Attached: 1512756032899.jpg (604x604, 46K)

how can people wear briefs?
i can't stand having my junk constricted like that

I do plenty of OHP and have no trap domming me, what am I doing wrong?

w-what's wrong with starting strength bros? what's a better alternative?

What’s wrong with it? It’ll lead to a terribly disproportionate physique. It’s alright if you’re a newb powerlifter but it’s shit for aesthetics. People wanna say “but it builds a foundation” but you can build a solid foundation of strength without looking like shit.

What’s better? When I was a newb I didn’t really stick to a routine that I didn’t make myself. But I hear stronglifts and reg parks 5x5 is good for newbs

SS does not build muscle proportionally. Squatting every day and less emphasis on upper body exercises in general. Not to mention the GOMAD that usually accompanies it. Unless you plan on becoming a powerlifter just follow a basic PPL routine.

You're not doing anything wrong, it's something I've seen dudes with big traps do when they OHP. Once you lock your arms at the top, shrug your shoulders. This is basically what I do but I hold for a little bit once a shrug
youtube.com/watch?v=y0I6XKuRr-c

It's literally the NO FUN allowed routine. While I understand it takes time to teach about compound lifts and helps avoid fuckaroundtitis, 6 months on that shit and you look like shit.

PPL is miles better - it has the compounds, the progressive overload while also letting you work on muscles that actually look good. Look up beginners who started on PPL and compare them to SS.

i thought dinosaurs were extinct but apparently there is still a quadrosaurus rex walking around

Nothing is wrong with SS. Ask any of these people to post timestamped pictures of their bodies, 95% will look like shit (despite supposedly training for aesthetics), and the remaining 5% are on stupidly high doses of drugs.

>mammal spines arent built
how many mammals are bipedal genius
our spines are built to bear load

>SS is terrible
>you should do one of these two that are very similar to SS

>Squatting every day and less emphasis on upper body exercises in general.
Wrong, the book tells you to can do a bunch of accessories for arms. You can do SS in a quite arm-focused way, if you want to. You did read the book, right?
>Not to mention the GOMAD that usually accompanies it.
It is recommended if you are a severely underweight young male, and even then it's just for a short period.

>SS
>6 months
If you can do it for 6 months, either you have world class genetics (exceedingly unlikely), or you are not actually doing SS.

Considering how many PPL-starters who, after 6 months, have novice numbers, both in terms of muscle mass and strenght, PPL is far from ideal.
That being said, SS has too much emphasis on squats

this is why you don't squat brehs

kek

Oh no, quite the opposite actually.
The human spine is actually one big genetic fuckup. The way it bends is a remnant of the way quadruped spines bend, and those bend simply because there's the front legs, hind legs, but nothing to support the weight in between. So when proto-humans transitioned to standing upright, they still had a spine that was better suited for quadruped movement, and that is still the case with modern humans. Running on two legs and using your hands to hold onto tools or weapons was still a massive advantage, so bipedal movement prevailed.
Ask yourself this: why do modern humans routinely blow a disk picking up a pack of beers off the ground, whereas most quadruped mammals barely ever have any back problems?

Now, I'm not saying "don't deadlift it's bad for your back, hurr durr I'm retarded", I'm saying that human spines aren't built to carry more that the weight of the upper body itself, and maybe a little bit more (think carrying a primitive pack, or a log to build shelter).
They can still (and should be) trained, and given enough time any adult male should get to 220 kg deadlift without any back issues. On the contrary, strengthening the muscles will prevent problems.

I knew there’d be a rippleshill soon. I’m sorry ou look like shit due to poor choice of routine but don’t suck others into repeating your mistake

>namecalling instead of providing counter arguments
Ok, so you admit I am right

LOOK AT THIS DUDE OH NONONO

>you used banter so you admit I’m right
Go back to r*ddit you absolute fucking cocksucker. This board has has enough “debate” over your shit program

Attached: 72280E4C-83E1-49D8-9AE3-20DED0594A42.jpg (750x694, 331K)

Post body.

More like Simian Ape

This

Fuck not this thread agin.

Attached: 1553189306958.jpg (1242x1542, 157K)

Or just do shrugs

not the user you responded to but thanks for the post, that's interesting. Personally I always assumed weightlifting was healthy until you're trying to push serious competitive numbers, powerlifting and weightlifting athletes get injured too much for those loads to be natural

Actually, human evolved for throwing and walking. The way our spine was designed is pretty perfect for twisting and turning around.

Literally not possible

I'm starting to look like pic on the right. My upper body is lagging behind my lower.

My arms are still like noodles. How do I increase mass quickly and make myself look more proportional?

More arm volume. Chinups.

Bench is way more straining than OHP on the shoulders, though.