Am i the only one who constantly tries to prove my intelligence...

Am i the only one who constantly tries to prove my intelligence? Its become so self destructive for the past 5 years (recently turned 18) and has been slowly making me go into my breaking point, ive always tried to find excuses to prove my intelligence to myself and when i dont meet the extremely high expectations of myself, i fall into a depressive state for the next few days, the sad thing is, im probably just slightly above the intelligence of most of the idiotic people nowadays. Do any of you anons have this problem? If so, do you have a way to sate it?

Attached: E9204336-8581-41DC-9ECC-31C0C517D19F.jpg (170x225, 48K)

take up a wide range of hobbies.

>Do any of you anons have this problem?
Yes.
>do you have a way to sate it?
No.
I feel myself getting dumber over the years to fit in better with people and its working
However, i did find one intelligent friend

i force myself to remember every single thought that i have, and when i forget something i spiral into a hypochondric "i have early onset dementia" or "it must be a stroke" episode. it's fucking annoying as hell and i dont know how to stop. i guess its similar to what you described but related to memory instead of intelligence.

Attached: 1509621252875.jpg (791x1024, 81K)

ive attempted to, i play games most of my time nowadays and cant really stick to one without being bored to abysmal levels, i never really liked going outside much as i dont see anything to do.

Attached: A2382A63-0DCF-4DE6-A180-3BF59152B98C.png (298x390, 157K)

its pretty similar, i also have a few issues regarding memory, not to your level but im glad to see im not the only one

Attached: E289CA6D-866C-47F1-90EC-9FFCB922428D.png (178x178, 23K)

18 proving intelligence, fuck I know teenagers like you. Your alright most of the time but let me help you with something..

>You're fucking dumb

Realise that, worship it, and drive to become better because of it. I don't know what your IQ is or what you're capable of but later me tell you your education up to this point is a shitty government system made to create jobs and hopefully help dumbasses get up to basic speed so they can be thought real things. GET AUDIOBOOKS OR BOOKS ABOUT THINGS THAT INTRIGUE YOU. Not stuff you know but stuff that you little about. Ever hear people talk about Greek and Roman Philosophers? Plato?Aristotle? How about authors like Solzhenitsyn or Dostoevsky?

Trust me you may fucking hate reading, I did. But once you find books that intrest you and not some shitty chapter book about Ponyboy hiding in a church, you will like them.

Dont forget to work on your body also by the way.

I was like you when I was younger. Fuck school is a sentiment I hold with me to this day, some people come out dumber than when they went in. Get good grades but also know I've never needed to know what year a viking decided to invade Norway. If it doesn't intest you it's worthless information. Give some actually good books a try.

This is me. Couldn't have said it better.
>pic unrelated

Attached: 1280px-Nordisk_sommarkväll_-_Richard_Berg.jpg (1280x977, 200K)

what kind of hobbies did you try?
i found that things you can consistently improve in (games, instruments, puzzles) hold my attention for much longer and give me something to come back to.

Attached: Ma06.png (466x470, 471K)

its mostly just me trying to find how much self worth with my intelligence, most of what you said is info i already know about, will take you up on the book advice though. Thank you for the advice and not some shitty watered down one line insult

>>You're fucking dumb
this, if you live life thinking you're not smart you become more willing to learn

>most of what you said is info i already know about
heads up, never ever say this to someone irl

ive tried a few when i was younger, sports, instruments, fitness and the like until later realising i vastly preferred staying inside and have done so for the past 3 years of my life. Right now im attempting to learn Russian and Japanese as skills i might need later on for higher priority on getting a job. As ive stated before, i play games most of the time and watch a bit of anime, its proving to be a bit boring from the repetitivity of it though.

Attached: BA07128E-8D5E-4C9A-8614-010BACEA8779.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

i dont really go into things with a pessimistic outlook like that, i dont think im naturally smart and constantly attempt to improve myself by trying to learn as much as possible.

learning an instrument is an indoor activity
learning an old board game (mahjong, go, chess) is an indoor activity
drawing is an indoor activity
all three can be studied for a lifetime, so they're the perfect hobbies. good on you for trying to learn jap/rus, i tried learning jap a couple of times but i always stopped due to lack of motivation and no real use (besides anime). do you know any other languages?

i realised i suck at playing instruments early on in my childhood and never found a real sense of fun in them, i have nobody to play board games with and was definitely a thought to come up.

I know basic Arabic and might start looking into the language more due to the rise of Middle Easterners migrating.

talent only really matters if you want to compete at the top, so it won't hinder you in playing your favorite anime tunes or whatever. but i understand it's not for everyone because it takes a long time (for piano especially) for it to sound decent.
as for board games, you can always play online desu. there's a chess thread every once in a while on r9k.

seems good, ill see how Chess goes for me, have barely tried it throughout my life, do you recommend any sites for it?

lichess.org and chess.com
stay away from fast (bullet/blitz) chess if you want to improve

Attached: 56243700_p0_master1200.png (849x1200, 1.33M)

if you have any questions in the future, send them to [email protected]

No, I try to seem dumb. Although because I am smart, my superior ability to be precisely logical slips out.

>Do any of you anons have this problem?
Yes. Back in high school and now in uni I fear that I'm not as smart as the people around me. Even though I know my grades have been and still are the top of my class I can't help but feel worthless and dumb.
>do you have a way to sate it?
No. You can never satisfy it. I read all kinds of boring crap like history, philosophy and "muh classics" and even though I hate it I feel obligated to read. I played chess and an instrument for many years just to get my ass handed to me by people more talented. I try and focus on subjects I like more nowadays. I've actually had my father tell me I need to have more interests or I'll be left behind. He wants me to be a rennisance man but I'm just not cut out for it

>ass handed to me by people more talented
by people that put more effort in*
even the world champion gets owned sometimes, that's what chess is. anyone can get to 2100-2200 and that's enough to enjoy the game.

If you're so smart, get me a gf pls.

It's an insecurity that probably comes from some asshole calling you stupid repeatedly and making you feel like shit when you were a kid. You'll get over it eventually when you recognize that your worth doesn't depend on other people's recognition of your intelligence.

Why dont you just accept that you are a brainlet?

Realize that IQ doesnt really matter that much, all that matters is your level of consciousness. Focus on elevating consciousness and understanding the mind, and you will stop having these doubts, and as a consequence you will also become smarter in an IQ way.

Attached: BrainwaveHemi-Sync.jpg (720x540, 47K)

why do you expect being slightly smarter than average will meet your extremely high expectations? that's barely an advantage to do normalshit.
>constantly tries
take a fucking IQ test if you care so much

I didn't need to prove anything once I learnt that I wasn't intelligent at all. Even if I was I wouldn't have put it to good use anyway.

Attached: 1527301825368.jpg (1280x720, 336K)

listen to this guy. Doestoevsky actually made me realize that im not special or overly intelligent by Crime and Punishment. I fell into deep depression cause of the book just like its protagonist, Rodion but my advice would definitely be to start reading OP as it also made me commit to start improving on myself and reading is the most effective way to learn and be more intelligent. Read classical literature if possible. If philosophy is too dry for you (altough existentialism is very easy to understand, so reading camus, sartre, nietzsche or the stoics, aurelius and seneca are very accessible, even to brainlets like myself) then read novels, plays(i found the greek ones to be easier to read as they are very short and can be read in one sitting) or the complete works of poets that interest you.
Depending on how mature you are I would recommend skipping the usual young adult bullshit people usually read(clockwork orange, catcher in the rye etc), and just go straight to more acknowledged books that interest you. Go on /lit/ and you will get a basic look on what's there worth exploring.

oh god I had this for a few months last year. Now I'm having an insomnia problem brought on by a fear of insomnia even though before I would purposefully stay up late as fuck and sleep/wake whenever

Attached: 1544837152995.png (225x225, 69K)

+1 upvote. But seriously there are plenty of 18 year olds who are smarter then fully grown men. You all have self esteem issues. Why do you care how smart someone thinks you are?