How should I eat my sweet potatoes? Last time I had one I almost threw up about an hour later...

How should I eat my sweet potatoes? Last time I had one I almost threw up about an hour later. But they are so healthy I want to try to find a way to eat them without getting nauseous. Last time I sprinkled sugar on them.

Attached: 4A76783C-F27D-4DF8-8988-B47F493EA23F.jpg (2300x1225, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/sweet-potato-benefits#section2
healthline.com/nutrition/foods/sweet-potatoes
foodrevolution.org/blog/sweet-potato-health-benefits/
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/281438.php
youtube.com/watch?v=HokyEdjb2HU
healthline.com/nutrition/onion-benefits
livescience.com/45293-onion-nutrition.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/08/on-short-notice-red-onions-for.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boil, bake, fry.

I microwave them

That makes sense, honestly, I was just trying to bite into them like an apple. Then I tried to cut them, but I got tired because they are hard to cut

I know what you're talking about, that disgusting flavour is specifically in and near the skin and it reacts with heat or something to become even worse. Not all sweet potatoes have that cough syrup flavour in the skin though.

boil em mash em stick em in a stew

please be trolling.

>How should I eat my sweet potatoes?
with your asshole

Sharpen your fucking kitchen knife you mong

bake them, delicious

Op here. I don’t like the sweet taste. What are some salty spices I could add?

salt

I bake them and smother them in almond butter. It actually tastes amazing

you chew them with your teeth, silly

Sweet potato pie as a treat. It’s sweet, good for you, and tastes just like pumpkin pie

Attached: 1442151769408.jpg (803x688, 140K)

we had people eating onions like apples, is this next?

Roast them with salt, pepper, and some onion.

Wrap in foil, bake at 400 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours.

>healthline.com/nutrition/sweet-potato-benefits#section2
>healthline.com/nutrition/foods/sweet-potatoes
>foodrevolution.org/blog/sweet-potato-health-benefits/
>medicalnewstoday.com/articles/281438.php

Attached: Chicken and sweet potatoes.jpg (600x896, 452K)

I'm not:
youtube.com/watch?v=HokyEdjb2HU

from boston market as a side

Salt, pepper, paprika, cumin

Roast whole in foil and serve with black beans, salsa and some sour cream

peel and chop
steam them with your other steamed veg

Stick them up your ass. It cured my homosexuality.

Cut one into cubes, add a dash of salt and either a bit of cinnamon or chili powder and cumin.

Roast at 375 for 45+ minutes, fuckers take a long time to cook. Baking them whole is disgusting and gives it a soft mushy texture and less flavour.

You're fucked. Why would you ever steam these wonderful things. Why do you hate flavour and texture.

eat the red/purple ones if you can find them, they actually taste good and are more like potatoes in texture.
gold/orange sweet potatoes literally taste like fermented sugar and the texture is mush

> Bite them like an apple

Attached: images.png (225x225, 7K)

Yo, how almonds does almond butter taste? Love almonds and butter, but not sure it would go with my scrambled eggs

Right so I’m gonna assume that you tried to eat this raw because you’re a handicapped smooth brain like the rest of these virgins so I’m gonna tell you a way to make sweet potatoes nice.
>first wash your potatoes
>pre heat oven to about 180 degrees or the equivalent to Fahrenheit if that’s what you use
>then peel your potatoes
>then get your knife (make sure you sharpen it okay?) and cut them into whatever shape you want I personally make them into chips
>now put get a baking sheet and put onto your baking tray so it prevents your potatoes from sticking to the tray
>get a bowl and throw your sweet potatoes into it and pour some olive oil in and start rubbing it around with your hands
>I now personally throw a teaspoon of paprika in and rub it around because I like mine a bit spicy
>a pinch of salt and pepper as well
>now put them onto your baking tray and then into the oven
>wait about 30-40 minutes to cook
>take them out and you have some sweet potatoes to eat
That’s one of the ways that I cook mine but someone else probably has a different way just don’t boil them or stick them up your ass

Don't eat sweet potatoes they are meme food eat bread it's much easier to prepare and healthier

Cut in cubes, put in oven sheet, oil, salt, pepper.
225C for 30 min until they are crispy

cut along side into circles
steam for like 10-15 minutes until they are soft
eat with some meat and another veg

I literally microwave my sweet potatoes for a couple minutes, let it cool off and eat it like an apple. Fucking delicious m8.

based and redpilled

Pressure cooker with chicken, onions, garlic, and broth

nice trolling

Attached: 1552194048701.jpg (480x480, 15K)

Cavemen detected

Attached: CDDC446EA6FD4C449A4A0BE28A497FC9.jpg (588x823, 109K)

I still do it. Its good for test

The skin is good for you, just microwave for like 8 minutes and cut in half to cool. Maybe sprinkle salt and pep but i dont bother

>8 minutes
what the fuck are you doing, blowing them up? jesus christ you fucknugget.

Favorite way for me is to roast them.

> peel or wash your potatoes if you are keeping the skin
> cut them in pieces (I like to put them thin)
> oven at 400 F
> in a sheet put potatoes
> add enough olive oil to cover the entire sheet
> add salt (kosher salt is thicker and tastes better IMHO), pepper and any other spice you want..oregano and/or paprika are good...red pepper for some more spiceyness
> Put in the oven, wait for 40 minutes
> taste test, if cooked you are good, otherwise wait for another 5 mins

Obviously the thickness of the cut dictates how long you have to cook them (thicker = more cooking time)

If you want them crispier, when they are cooked, turn on broiler, cook for 5 minutes on top rack

done.

>healthline.com/nutrition/onion-benefits
>livescience.com/45293-onion-nutrition.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/08/on-short-notice-red-onions-for.html

Attached: Dioscorides.jpg (1299x1000, 344K)

Why can't I stop laughing at this???

Attached: OMG.jpg (193x314, 19K)

>40 minutes

What the fuck
I cook quite thick wedges and they are done in 29 minutes at 200C

>I was trying to bite into them like an apple

I generally hate them but find them wonderful if cooked like fries coated with garlic seasoning and with aoli dipping sauce

Attached: 16A75B50-2377-44D9-AC7B-DAA70B6CA52C.jpg (300x300, 14K)

funny i just had one of these day before yesterday, and i was looking up its glycemic index, and apparently boiling or microwaving is much better as roasting it for a long period of time converts most of the starches to sugar. i enjoyed mine after a microwaving, resting, and popping off both ends and eating the whole thing with its skin. it was delicious. tasted like cake. course i haven't eaten over 800 cals in 2 weeks now.

There are types of onions you can do that with.

Think peanut butter not cow butter

220 degrees celsius, 20- 25 mins and their done. I use grape seed oil and i put salt and pepper on them.

Attached: P_20181102_185820_HDR.jpg (4160x2340, 3.24M)

Holy cow the retardation in this thread. Just wrap them in foil and bake holy shit

its good with cajun spice mix

200'c oven, on
Uncovered sweet potato, in
Wait one hour
Cut potato in half, dice up the insides but leave the skin intact
Add salt, pepper and butter
Done

>That makes sense, honestly, I was just trying to bite into them like an apple.

Are you by any chance Russian?

It's just like microwaving a regular potato. There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it tastes the same as if it were baked.
t. guy who eats sweet potatoes way too much

Boil them , cut them , eat them with milk

>don’t boil them or stick them up your ass
Never gonna make it

Peel, cube and boil about 4 large potatoes for around 20-30 minutes. Mash them up with a pinch of salt. Add anything else you like such as banana, peanut butter, coconut oil, butter, oatmeal, cottage cheese. I don't go crazy with the other ingredients, just pick one or two, peanut butter is awesome. It usually comes out looking like slop but its delicious. Refrigerate and it will last you a week.

>sweet patatoes
>healthy
>sugar
depends what your definition of healthy is. Better than a bag of chips.
If you're bulking it is a good choice.

>Better than a bag of chips.
>Better

Attached: baked-chips.jpg (620x487, 77K)

If you can find white fleshed ones(especially theJapanese ones with purple skin)they taste far better and don't have that gross mineral taste. I just cut them into bite size pieces, roast at 450f, and eat them with some ketchup.

Microwaving is actually the healthiest way to eat it.

Short cooking time and maximum nutrient retention.

I couldn't deal with the breath and skin odor.
it took a week to fully leave my system after I stopped eating them.

sweet potatoes are sweet
you won't ever like them if you don't like how sweet they are
salt makes sweet things sweeter
sugar makes sweet things sweeter
they're sweet

>>then peel your potatoes

the skin is extremely nutrient dense

It took the whole thread for me to realise no one pointed out the best way to gain the most nutrients is simply steam them. I cut mine into smaller cubes then steam them for like 7-10 mins and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Pretty straight forward, delicious and maximum nutrients

Please, you didn't try to eat these raw... right?

Peel them.
Chop to wedges or whatever. Small wedges are best. Bowl, some oil (olive is best), add wedges, add spices like salt+pepper+some chili or red paprika+garlic powder or really whatever would work with potatoes, mix it well and then toss it in the oven.

If you don't like that, you're helpless and should eat McDonald's forever

good method too if you want to mix it into a curry