Anybody else here have this? I haven't been diagnosed or anything but every marker of it is pretty accurate...

Anybody else here have this? I haven't been diagnosed or anything but every marker of it is pretty accurate. I think it's getting worse too, basically can't initiate contact with anyone I don't already know.

Attached: Avoidant-Personality-Disorder-Signs.jpg (700x875, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_o7g1J0RGw
youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
youtube.com/watch?v=1MHfU-a1m_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does it matter it's a word?

Go see a doctor, don't self diagnose.

It's a fucking personality disorder not cancer. All they do is check boxes to see if you fit the criteria and then bingo you have whatever it is.

Is there a similar disorder that involves avoiding all the same things, but because you find people unpleasant to be around rather than feelings of inadequacy and fear of rejection?

>Is there a similar disorder that involves avoiding all the same things, but because you find people unpleasant to be around rather than feelings of inadequacy and fear of rejection?

Schizoid Personality Disorder.

Why does the poster have a graphic of a black guy eating spaghetti and a white guy helping him eat?

I read into this because I'm the same, it's very common for people with avpd to completely shut down their emotions/attitude to other people so they don't have to deal with the negative feelings and rejection.

>it's very common for people with avpd to completely shut down their emotions/attitude to other people so they don't have to deal with the negative feelings and rejection
No, that's just called a fragile ego. AVPD is the onset of the anxieties that inhibit functioning.

If it was schizoid, the key would be you wouldn't think anything was wrong with you or ever envy those with successful social lives. Somebody with schizoid would barely ever think about their situation because to them it's totally fine.

Nah it's a common result of avpd

I found this article that says
>Schizoid personality disorder linked to unbearable and inescapable loneliness
So maybe I have that.
>Persons with SPD are driven into hiding by fear, then experiences a deep, sequestered loneliness that provides the drive to come out of hiding and to go back into the adaptive interface with the world2. They tend toward great passivity and look only to themselves as sources of validation and enhancement. However, their lack of positive affiliation and affective indifference often put them in a position to be easily taken advantage of by others, and at times they may struggle with personal feelings of social isolation and alienation. At a stylistic level, these persons may seek out and enjoy social and intimate affiliation, but typically not with a great deal of concern3.

I mean, most of these disorders are linked to unbearable and inescapable loneliness. The cause is just slightly different. I always thought personality disorders were bullshit until I read the description of avpd which basically described everything I thought down to a tee

Hi
I used to think I have this too
My advice to you is this:
does it matter what label you have? Why do you want this label, or rather, why would you want to be diagnosed with this label? Will having the label really cure your symptoms?

There is medication for anxiety. Maybe if you have it really bad, you can take some medication to slow down your rapid heart rate, sweaty anxious symptoms etc. but these only address the symptoms, they don't address the causes. Maybe if you really need them, you can take medication.

But I am telling you to look deep within yourself and think about why you have these symptoms, understand why you fear people, why you fear criticism etc. Sounds like a meme, but this is the way I broke out of my anxiety (not bullshit either, actual diagnosed)

It's clearly not if the person doesn't meet diagnostic criteria

Self diagnosis is not diagnosis. These symptoms also could describe depressions, borderline personality disorder, aspergers, schizoid disorder, and others.
These things are just labels for a set of symptoms. There's no such thing as "avoidant personality disorder", it's just a name we gave to a set of similar symptoms that many people seem to experience together. You don't have to experience every symptom to be diagnosed with something either, especially when it comes to mental illness.
Try not to focus on how "broken" or "different" you are. It's better to look at your situation and figure out what you can do with it to make it interesting, productive, and/or fun.
For example I have an ungodly amount of freetime since I refuse to interact with normies. It has allowed me to take up studying mathematics and physics.

Attached: 1535850987139.jpg (344x536, 48K)

I don't think I 'want to have' it, that said, once I realised this was a thing it made me think about it more seriously instead of just labelling myself an introverted loser. Before reading up on it I don't think I realised how abnormal my behaviour was, now I know it's something people seek treatment for I at least know I should do something about it. That said, I don't know if I will, people with avpd's whole thing is they basically hide from their problems.

I never said that would mean they don't meet diagnostic criteria, what I meant was isolating themselves emotionally can mask some of the actual symptoms.

That doesn't sound healthy my man.

I hate interacting with others. Even psychologists are fucking annoying. They would rather talk about what TV shows you've seen rather than work with you on your issues. If I'm paying you $200 an hour, you better give results.
Pills are garbage. The least harmful that might actually still help is Buspirone. SSRIs are fucked up.
Keeping to myself is generally more comfortable, less stressful, and more rewarding than wasting my time socializing offline. I can learn much more by arguing with others online and self study.

A very intp response. I would agree, but then I'm profoundly depressed and hate my existence. Do you disparage everyone, or is there a person/group that you would respect the opinion of and desire respect from?

I don't disparage anyone unless they're being spiteful AND retarded to others.
MBTI is a scam, don't believe it.

This is a symptom not a disorder. Study LSD trials as it relates to scene and setting. There is no reason you have to take the drug to see that the results from the studies are useful to begin studying structural and environmental effects on behavior. Given that you are over-socialized at the moment, would the same hold true if you spent a year disconnected from cultural exchanges? I don't mean people either, or not completely. I believe you can begin with a small set for introduction after a month in solitude outside the cities, in nature. Once the attachments become overwhelming to the agent, the unconscious will work to fix the whole, though maybe in a manner that results in self-harm. This is why I would say a trip buddy would be good for this experiment without drugs. A structural and cultural awareness, an understanding of attachment, a knowledge of environmental inevitabilities; this is what doctors should teach. But those coked up faggots only want to sell you their bumbuddy pharmacist's pills. Fuck that cancer.

Attached: Noyourritemassturd.jpg (333x499, 28K)

why would you manifest your Stand when you sit down to eat? paranoid much?

Again I ask you,
Will having the label really cure your symptoms?

> That said, I don't know if I will, people with avpd's whole thing is they basically hide from their problems.

You 'want' to be diagnosed with it, so you can use it as an excuse to not fix yourself.

You might say:
Do you think I chose to have it? I don't want to be like this either!

Then I will say:
You didn't choose. But you can do something about it. And deep down you know the diagnosis won't do anything, it will just validate that 'people with avpd's whole thing is they basically hide from their problems'; give you a valid reason to hide from your problem.

I will advise you again, don't get caught up in the diagnosis, in the label.
If you have the label, you will just regress because then you can just fall back 'oh I have AVPD I am meant to be like this'
I know how hard it is, because I was anxious like you in the past. But I got over it. How? Two things.
1. Brute force practice, realizing that this is not the way to live, and going out there and just facing my fear.
2. Also mindfulness meditation. Don't give excuses. You know what you have to do.

All the best

I will give you some videos to watch

youtube.com/watch?v=U_o7g1J0RGw
youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
youtube.com/watch?v=1MHfU-a1m_4

You were disparaging towards your psychologist, you don't engage with others because they don't have anything of value to offer you, how would you describe your actions?

>You were disparaging towards your psychologist
I was polite and tried their suggestions. Unfortunately the only good suggestion they ended up giving me after 6 months was telling me that my doctor could prescribe medication.
They focused more on my eating habits than all the shit that is causing me to eat badly in the first place. Even when I let them know.
Maybe they're just bad at their job, but I literally could not afford to keep going to their sessions either way, so I stopped. I'd say that's a complete and utter failure on their part. If I was a psychologist I would keep in mind that my patients are paying me $200 just to see me for an hour. They should be treated as such, not have their pleas brushed off because you want to focus on a symptom rather than a cause.
I've had this issue with plenty of other psychologists in my life too. It probably has something to do with me living in some flyover with

Attached: 1524819321242.png (639x895, 382K)

This is me 100%. I hate it

there's a certain point though when your illusions, like I don't have dyexlysia, become disengaged from reality and can thus be harmful, if given an economic component and any other heretofore unknown cogent (x). Yet it could be that my spelling mismanners are mistaught summonings that herenow hold benefit, and being such in extravagance, an audience where to stop by, one by one another critic with their citation and self-proclaimed misdemeanor. To what true befinit is gobblyigook from a lawbreaker, except to darwinise and cannon ball by heroblessing ack, ack, ack, ack, ack! To face down what is a totalising empathy is to enjoy a moment of oneself inside this colleseum. I will not due except by divine rule, and there is sleeping in winter.

Attached: Cricket-playing-fiddle-Jeffrey-Richter-Richter-Fine-Art--1024x1433.jpg (1024x1433, 129K)

there's a difference between having irrational social anxiety that normal people occasionally get and having social anxiety because you know how much of a fucking aspie weirdo you are. anytime I have "been myself" I have been met with harsh rejection. my social anxiety is essentially a survival mechanism to stop me being myself in social situations.
when a normal person stops feeling anxiety they can be normal. when I stop feeling anxiety I get 10x weirder

This desu. It's funny how all these sites list things like believing people are making fun of you as "paranoia" when for many that's just reality. I remember in uni I suspected a group of people were making fun of me, and then lo and behold eventually I see one of them edging her phone out sideways to take a photo of me in a lecture.

>views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
I don't like how accurate it is
But its all true regardless

Attached: 1543874976963.png (645x772, 148K)

every time a girl has smiled or flirted with me my brain immediately interprets it as a subtle mock

I remember in school a girl heavily implied to me that she liked me, then it also spread round all her friends and my 1 or 2 friends who mentioned it to me. Acting rationally of course, I assumed it was an elaborate ploy by most of my year to catch me out and humiliate me so I completely ignored it

sounds like social anxiety fammmm. hard to tell if they are the same thing or not they both manifest similarly

Social anxiety is the more generalised one, it encompasses multiple things

Was diagnosed with it by my most recent physician. The guy before him said it was general and social anxiety disorder though. These are two men in the exact same field who have two different opinions on the exact same matter. Frankly, I'm sick of all the labels and diagnoses as they're pointless and cause people to make them part of their identity. It's not good for an already retarded psyche.

It all needs to be done away with. Just fund euthanasia centers and consider the problem solved.

why should their opinion matter to you?
just laugh it off. they're making fun of you because you're timid and allowing it to happen. laugh along, take the power away from them

Thanks for reminding that this is probably whats wrong with me.

Attached: 172447E7-367E-4194-9892-738B8827CD4E.jpg (873x666, 54K)

Its the sole reason I've never had a job or a gf, even though I'm a quite attractive guy and overqualified for almost every job I would apply to..

What has happened to western society? What is a SHY person is now a disorder. Two things. One; thousands of women post grad psychology/sociology majors have to write about something so they pick apart and label everything, a fucking disorder. Two; big pharma then can dust shit off the shelf, slap a name on it and get these same women to prescribe dozens of pills daily to quell the symptoms of the faux disorder. They then can prescribe even more shit to target the side effects of the faux disorder treatment.

>Just fund euthanasia centers and consider the problem solved
How about learning to deal and overcome like the billions of humans have for 100's of thousands of years.

How do I overcome this?
Please I am ADHD so I can't read the whole thread. Someone post the cure

You have no idea what you're talking about, this isn't being 'shy'. 'shy' people can still function socially, they just have smaller friend groups and take longer to get to know people. If you have avpd, you will never form those friendships at all, you'll instinctually avoid and shut down any opportunities that arise, it even extends to work related things, you might never tell someone of a cancellation until the last minute because it's too embarrassing. Not everything is the fault of postmodernists you dumb Jow Forums retard.

There weren't 8 billion people on the planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. Human life was precious. Now not only is it worthless, there's a fuckload of genetic errors and undesirables. Euthanasia centers would serve as a means of filtering or purifying society of the proverbial chaff.

Attached: 1519313470481.jpg (765x822, 143K)

There's no solid way to 'cure' personality disorders, just the usual recommendations of CBT type crap and working through it. Personality disorders on the whole are patterns of behaviour you fall into and can get very ingrained, even if you 'cure' them at one point you need to be aware that it's always something you might do again.

Woah my man there's plenty of shitty posts itt, but I think yours might be the worst. Although over prescription is a problem, I don't even think it's the go to treatment for personality disorders.

yeah, dishonesty. if you're anything like 90% of the people here, you probably just a dishonest faggot that doesn't want to introspect and face your flaws

how did you read "shy" into the OP pic? shy people don't NEED to self-loathe or be restrained in intimate relationships. being nervous in front of people is normal, which is the only requirement there needs to be for being shy. look up the general criteria for a personality disorder, it's by definition something that restricts daily life. if you're shy to the point of not being able to get a job, if you're shy in front of your own family, you're not shy, you're avoidant. it's undesirable. would anyone choose to be like that? no, so it's a disorder

you need to find out why you hate yourself and fear other people. you will probably find that there was no real reason to fear other people, but the reason you felt inadequate is because you were inadequate. all you need to do to be better than most of the vermin on this board is be honest with yourself and stop trying to blame other people/find reasons not to be a better person. stop comparing yourself to other people and "chads" and compare yourself to the person who you were before. if you're not better than the person you were a month ago, you deserve to feel like shit because you're not improving. find anything in the world that makes you feel like you're improving. you're not gonna feel good instantly but the self-loathing goes away. none of the faggots here want to accept that it takes effort to change. they'd rather mope around and be a cringe sadboy

you tell me

oigimal

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-30-19-57-18-800_com.miui.home~01.png (294x320, 85K)

I would feel the same, luckily they never smile or flirt with me