I've been lucid dreaming often lately, which has probably to do with the medications I'm taking...

I've been lucid dreaming often lately, which has probably to do with the medications I'm taking. Lucid dreams are hyper-vivid in colour and realism. I am somehow able to know instantly that I'm in a lucid dream from the first frame. A problem with them tho is that they are sensitive, meaning that I too easily snap out of the. Like say if something interesting happens, I might spook myself out of it. When I'm in a lucid dream I like to exploit some fantasies of mine and take off my clothes and walk around naked in public.

Attached: Lucid-Dreaming-1.jpg (750x500, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamviews.com/wiki/Dream-Control-Tutorial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly user, everytime someone makes a lucid dream thread on Jow Forums, it dies almost immediately. Let's have a wonderful discussion about it, just me and you okay?

Attached: 1546137057106.gif (400x360, 1.3M)

Do you get them too?

Guess you can say I'm a "natural" lucid dreamer. Been having them since I was a kid, before I even knew the term lucid dreaming. I've been working on extending the dream and practising for IRL scenarios, like job interviews etc. Ever done that before?

Lucid dreams are the only way that I could lost my virginity

I really want to try lucid dreaming what meds are you taking I need some

Attached: 350E5BBD-0B14-4907-A356-766E2377FA62.jpg (400x400, 23K)

How do you work on extending them let alone not spooking yourself out of them? I was eager to show a busy street my nudity so I ran out there through snow, but I guess the dream was almost too real and I tripped over snow. I think the startling of the tripping snapped me out of the dream. Is there any way to fix this?

Lithium, valproic acid, quetiapine, risperidone

I lucid dreamed twice when I was younger, cant get it to work now

Hey everyone can we namefag real quick so I can see who is who

Yeah it's called 'stabilization'. There are a number of ways you can achieve this but basically all the methods out there revolve around the same basic principle - which is as soon as you become lucid you need to remember to stay focused, repeat to yourself that you're in a dream and that you're in control. Some people say spinning your dream body works (personally i've never tried it) but you can test it: dreamviews.com/wiki/Dream-Control-Tutorial

>not spooking yourself out of them
Been dreaming for a long time man. I got use to the sensation. When I was little I was afraid of the sea. Going on boats, sea creatures etc but by gaining control of your dreams you can learn to take control of those fears.

Want to lucid dream?
When you go to bed at night, visualise yourself entering a lucid dream and remembering every little detail. And in the morning, try your best to write whatever you dreamt of in a notebook (dream journal). Best way to LDing folks.

Attached: K1jhjbv.jpg (1018x1523, 886K)

Sounds like you're raising your heart rate and it's causing you to wake up.

i told you this thread would die
it fking amazes me robots and incels dont want to learn lucid dreaming

Im still here buddy

LD just gets me pumped up.
So few opportunities to talk about it - a world where you are literally omnipotent.

Hmm, I want that feeling so bad

Practice my man. Spend everyday thinking about lucid dreaming and do like 1,000 reality checks a day. Trust me, if you're a robot it's so worth it.

But I will warn you though - don't have one of those lovey dovey dreams. You don't wanna go there.

HOW DO I LUXID DREAM PLEASE I WANT TO DO IT SO BADLY

Attached: E37C1702-AC73-45E8-846E-C160652BEECB.jpg (750x928, 77K)

I can lucid too, OP. Haven't had one in a while.

How do you usually transition? Do you use reality checks?

What do you mean lovey dovey dream

I mostly use a technique called WILD these days but it can be hard for people inexperienced with meditation techniques. For beginners I recommend just doing a shit ton of reality checks every day and writing down your dreams in a notebook. Trust me it helps. When you go to bed, as you're falling asleep - THINK ABOUT LUCID DREAMING.

So many people lucid dream about their crushes or "ideal gf" and end up with a feeling of despair when they wake up and it's not real - and they can't ever create that person again (dream creation is really hard).

I used to be able to influence my dreams as a kid. If I wanted to have a dream where I was a Pokemon trainer, I would just think about that while drifting off to sleep and then my dream would pick up where I left off. As I got older, I slowly started lucid dreaming naturally before I even knew it was a thing. Eventually, almost every dream I had became lucid and I started doing it too much I think because I would start experiencing sleep paralysis. After that, there was a period where I just did not dream at all and would go to sleep and wake up 8 hours later. Now I am in more limited control of my dreams and sometimes wake up when I am conscious of being in a dream.

I have not had a nightmare in seemingly forever. What is funny is that when a dream is turning bad, I immediately realize it is a dream and somehow know how to wake myself up (I always do).

My LD's occur when I awake naturally in the early hours and lie awake for hours unable to sleep. When I finally drift off, I have an out of body experience and transition straight into the dream. Follow that up with a reality check by looking at my hands. The dream then becomes Ultra HD and the fun can begin. Although my sexual fantasies never come to fruition, probably due to the fact that technically you are attempting to fuck yourself

Lots of people seem to have it as kids but the main problem is people don't want to continue improving. It truly is an amazing skill to have throughout your life.

LDs occur throughout your REM cycle. What you may have experienced is a false awakening. Or perhaps you'd achieve lucidity through the WBTB (wake back to bed) technique. Basically sleep for a few hours, get up and do something then go back to sleep. Your lucid dreams should be ULTRA vivid.

How do you even train yourself? I did it naturally

Does anyone else notice motifs in their dreams? Blindness/not being able to see comes up a lot in mine.

Have you ever looked in a mirror in your dream? If so, what did you see?

Can you read in your dreams?

Do you dream in color?

In my dreams, I feel like my body is good at artificially making stimuli: Ive heard songs I had never heard before, tasted things I had not tasted before, and felt things, etc. I forgot to mention that after the sleep paralysis came dreams where I would die/get hurt. Stabbed, shot, pushed off a building. It all felt very real.

I remember one of these, I was in Spain and I was hanging out with a lovely girl. We started kissing and then I woke up. That night I slept 14 hours. I believe I was lucid dreaming, since I changed some things about it.

Also I believe it had a huge impact on me. I remember her having white hair, medium size chest and a cute face. This is my dream girl

I have experienced false awakenings at the end of lucid dreams. My method is essentially WBTB. Transition is always floating out of bed and into a dream. And as I said, once a reality check is carried out, the dream becomes ultra vivid and full lucidity is achieved.

Oh im this user Been having LDs since I was 5 (im 24 now) so its become second nature to me. I have it every other night these days - but stabilizing the dream (ie. making it last for a long period of time does take skill).
>does anyone else notice motifs
yes, i stated earlier i think - my dream sign is "the sea". i have lots of dreams about rivers, oceans, really any bodies of water for some reason
>have you ever looked in a mirror
yes, most of the time its nothingness but ocasionally i see random blurs - this is actually a scientific phenomenon tested by Dr. Stephen Laberge at Stanford University - it's your subconscious mind filling in the blanks for unknown variables
>can you read your dreams
not sure what you mean
>do you dream in colors
dude.. lucid dreams are as vivid as real life
>I feel like my body is good at artificially making stimuli: Ive heard songs I had never heard before
again that's sometime that has been tested before, it's your subconscious mind piecing your memories/experiences/thoughts together

generally in the LD community we don't recommend people to have these kinds of dreams but if you're a very disciplined inidivual i guess you can go for it

I dont know what you mean by diciplined, but I can keep things extremely calm even if my mind is racing

some people try to seek escapism through their lucid dreaming antics, I don't want you to become one of those people

They were just questions to stimulate discussion

I have looked in a mirror multiple times and have seen a slightly distorted version of myself. Usually the face is a little off.

Iam on mobile so forgive my weird typing lol

I meant reading in your dreams. I read an article that says most people cannot read in their dreams. Text or words are nonsense. Meanwhile I have read passages from books that do not exist in my dreams.

Some people dream in black and white or simply do not know if they dream in color. I wanted to see if there are any here.

I guess yeah but mine are very complete. Like I said, I have read passages that make sense and heard complete songs/melodies I have never heard before. I always want to remember when but the fade almost immediately.

One weird thing I am embarrassed to mention is sometimes I am half asleep and have conversations in my head. I would like to think it is my subconscious ha ha. I am in control of what I say but whatever responds is automatic and I have no influence over. Before anyone asks, no I am not crazy and it is not malicious. I feel like it is almost like talking to myself

Really? I thought LDing could help my situation

Oh haha right, "reading". Yes, you shouldn't be able to read properly in a dream. At least 90% of the time. It is your conscious mind that processes text so in dreams it's mostly gibberish. But I mean... it's possible. I've "studied" for an organic chemistry exam in my LD before

Most lucid dreams are in full color and just as vivid as real life, so no worries there. Although I'm sure B/W happens too (rarely).

>I have read passages that make sense and heard complete songs/melodies I have never heard before

Your subconscious is extremely powerful. Sometimes you hear those things in real life but just forget about it but in your dreams you can access parts of your memories that you didn't even know existed. Ofc some of it could just be imaginary. Happens to me a lot.

>conversations with yourself
Most likely just a daydreaming state. It's rare to actually "communicate with your subconscious", even in a lucid dream. But those experiences exist and they are quite insightful.

Back in the day, Dreamviews forum was full of these people. I'm still friends with some of them on Skype and these are people who aren't doing so great in real life so they think by lucid dreaming and "creating a lucid gf or family" they'll be happy. How wrong they were...