How much money do i need saved up to become a neet? how do neets get money...

how much money do i need saved up to become a neet? how do neets get money? i just want to check out of society but i still need to go to work right now. the other option is suicide i guess.

Attached: frog.png (638x547, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bankrate.com/calculators/savings/compound-savings-calculator-tool.aspx
investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/VTSAX
investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/VFIAX
mrmoneymustache.com/2011/05/18/how-to-make-money-in-the-stock-market/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The formula depends on exactly how much you need to spend. Take that, multiply it by about 15-20 and that's the amount of cash you need invested.

Yearly expenditures, that is, should have clarified.

So if you need 10k a year, you'll want to be invested at least 200k.

You can always find a sugarboi and live with him for free in exchange he gets to sexually use you and your boiholes how ever he wants

You are assuming 5% yearly return right?

I mean that's achievable but you need to not suck at investing.

The ratio of income to savings is actually most critical.

What do your monthly expenses come out to, OP? And how much are you currently saving each month?

Yes, if you invest in a simple index fund, 5% gives you a decent success rate. Realistically, 4% is the "normal" rate, but that assumes that you are incapable of work. For younger people, getting a small income during market dips or just to pass the time is a decent assumption.

I would consider letting you stay with me but you will be wearing a dress and be a bottom

suicide is the only real option if your an american wagie. By the time you save up to be a NEET you will be dead, it's fucking over. Save up 400 dollars and but a Remington 870. there's your ticket out

Attached: 1546238371210.jpg (800x594, 36K)

Totally disagree. You can calculate your freedom date and unless you're a big-time consumer, it's really not that long. Some people have done it in as little as 5 years.

invest in online businesses or you will NEVER be neet

or put a million in the bank and live off the interest

bote for Andrew Yang in 2020, he is promising to install a UBI of $1,000 a month for every adult, no questions asked. everyone can be a NEET

Attached: Yang 2020.jpg (476x316, 32K)

>4 trillion a year
Not gonna happen.

not if you are working at a gas station and have no other prospects. Not everyone can be an IT admin making 6 figures

a fellow gas station bro?

What's your current budget, user? I'm sure you can work something out.

If you ever possess 1.4M USD, then you will approximately have a middle class life for as long as you live from the interest.

Attached: 1546194813189.jpg (636x700, 83K)

8 dollars an hour 20 hours a week (I'm in cummunity college)
no expenses besides gas once a month with is like 50 dollars

Attached: 1546372725482.jpg (245x280, 10K)

Ok, that's a place to start. Now, you're in school, so let's say you quit school and go full-time, just hypothetically. That's 40 hours a week, presumably living at home, with only a 50 dollar a week expense?

That's about $15k a year saved after taxes. In not even 10 years, you could have $250k. That's nearly enough to retire to Thailand or somewhere. And that's assuming you get *nothing* in terms of raises or anything.

>15000 x 10 is 150000
>less than ten years could have 250k

I don't get it

You're getting compounding interest on that cash

bankrate.com/calculators/savings/compound-savings-calculator-tool.aspx

An index fund historically gets about 8%, so put that in, along with 1200 a month savings, starting from zero. Your estimated total is $226,604 after 10 years. Not quite 250k but close enough.

Bump your salary up so you can save say 1500 a month, you're looking at almost $300k.

I see thanks. How easy is it to find 8% index funds?

Unless you convince yourself your career has benifits beyond your paycheck (sense of fullfillment, grit, sacrifice, ect. gag) it will always be a net loss. Check out asap to minimize the loss

Look up FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). It's a 'movement' of people who want to achieve financial independence through investments and then retire at 30/40/whatever. This is obviously easier if you have a reasonable job. Not sure what you do if you're a wagie.

This choice has already been researched to death by people smarter than us. The early retirement folks usually do either VTSAX or VFIAX

investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/VTSAX

investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/VFIAX

You can, of course go with something else if you want. But I don't think it's necessary. The main point about these funds is that they have a LOW EXPENSE RATIO.

>Expense ratio as of 04/25/2018 is 0.04%
>This is 96% lower than the average expense ratio of funds with similar holdings

How this all works is explained here:

mrmoneymustache.com/2011/05/18/how-to-make-money-in-the-stock-market/

Basically, if you want to go NEET, this is the best path.