What was the last good year before everything went to shit and why was it 2012?

what was the last good year before everything went to shit and why was it 2012?

Attached: images (3).jpg (259x194, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought we decided it was 2006

In 2013 my parents got divorced and my mother became an alcoholic

okay now this is weird, I've heard so many people say this and it's true for me aswell. It felt like the most awesome dream but I have to tell myself it was reality. I was practically a chad in 2012, had a cute gf (but never fucked) and loads of friends, most importantly of all genuine hopes and dreams. Every one of those things have gone now.

Attached: 1498944179039.jpg (220x220, 9K)

Fuck I meant 2012

I thought that September 1993 was decided upon as the moment that the Internet turned to shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

2011 was pretty kino. I think things from 2011 up to 2014 have been pretty bearable. Everything went down the shitter around 2015-2016 and it's only been getting worse.

2010*

stop being delusional 2012 was the nail in the coffin

Simpler times
Nothing to worry about
Then again, I was 15

Tbf 2011 wa best year. All went to shit in 2012

2001 - The beginning of the end, thanks to 9/11. Mainstream culture declined but kid culture, cartoons, vidya, etc. and internet culture remained great.

2007 - Mainstream culture collapsed due to the recession. Kid culture, cartoons, vidya, etc. declined. Internet was still good, but it was the beginning of the end, thanks to the start of social media (facebook, twitter) and iphones.

After 2012, even the Internet had declined (everything else was just gone at this point), thanks to the flood of normies that social media and cell phones brought. This was also the beginning of the whole SJW, feminism, and censorship nonsense that has plagued the Internet ever since. As a result, we are left with no outlet. Everything since 2013 has just felt like a dream to me.

I really hope that the 2020s will be better than this shitty decade

This. Green Day produced a song about this on their 2004 rock opera album "American Idiot".

Attached: artworks-000109624269-o0k0l8-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 46K)

1991, the original beginning of the end

Attached: bush did 911.jpg (924x1200, 765K)

1987, definitely 1987.

The mayan's predicted it.

06/07 were amazing but the last year of bush's presidency was the last year things were ok. 2013 was when smartphones and nigger culture really took off.
Nothing has a "spark" anymore. You dont get chills from talking to someone new because they can simply replace you with a swipe.
Theres no longer anything provocative about reality shows/celebs and youth subcultures. subcultures are dead because everything is overly inclusive.
internet humor lost its charm because everythings ironic now. politics have to be involved in everything.
Youth doesnt have the discipline they need in order to appreciate things because of instant satisfaction.
Growing up in the midwest it seems like kids/teens had such a good homelife here in the 2000s. And now its like theyre completely different people because they took the rebelling thing too far and ditched everything they were instead of starting a stable family, like they are zombies and clones now.
also this

2005 was the last year I had a core group of friends as a kid, the last year before soulless technology like the Ps3 came out, and the last year before social media cancer like Youtube and Facebook happened. I have always used 2006 as a personal cutoff point for the good old days, even though I was born in 1997 and I'm apparently meant to be nostalgic for the late 2000s because I'm a 'zoomer'.

2009 would be like a second cutoff point for me, because my life got seriously fucked up in 2010 and social media reached the point of becoming inescapable.

>le wrong generation
Don't embarrass yourself.

Fuck off I'm probably only a year younger than you are

what year were women and minorities invented

>Fuck off I'm probably only a year younger than you are
Try 9. Fucking embarrassment.

It was alright until 2008 or so, social media wasn't used much and good videogames were still being made.