There are an estimated 10,000 genotypes that affect intelligence...

There are an estimated 10,000 genotypes that affect intelligence. The difference between the average person and Einstein is roughly 50-100 of them. Soon, through embryo selection and gene editing, we will be able to create humans with all 10,000 genotypes altered.

Something to think about.

Attached: 1546719731284.jpg (800x600, 70K)

And because of capitalism, the gene editing will be super expensive and only available to the rich, thus ensuring their spawn are superior to everyone else and widening inequality rather than being available to everyone.
Gattaca, Gattaca!

Attached: 1_zaPEgWwDREOH7nyNquywdQ.jpg (640x360, 42K)

can't happen soon enough imo

Correlation != Causation. Those 10,000 genotypes also correlate with other things. Some might correlate with you having downs.
You aren't entirely wrong though. Genetic engineering is going to destroy society.

How would human society change if we managed to increase the average IQ by 2, 3, perhaps even 4 SD from where it is now? The compounding effect it would have on advancement is something you can't even really imagine.

Society as is needs to destroyed. There is no getting off the train. These advancements are inevitable and there are too many competing interests for the West not to spearhead them. It's gonna get bumpy, but our survival depends on it. It's either gamble and maybe lose everything or let China take over and definitely lose everything.

There has never been a successful science of complex systems, but feel free to keep holding out hope.

It would turn the entire population into overturning robots.

Who will clean toilets or flip burgers in such a society?

robots would. why do we need people to do those jobs?

ever heard of machine learning?

Who flips burgers in Sweden?

Attached: FBzAD.jpg (2592x1936, 659K)

Science removes mystique and spirituality from everything it touches until it is ultimately yet another object. We're breaching the barrier where we may be able to view humans without ambiguity, understanding all aspects of thought and action. In doing so, we will turn humans into objects.

I'm quite indifferent to this.

If I had time i would make a video game with a story based on a future society where one side believes gene modification is the future while the other side believes robots are the future.

the people who bullied us will become bullied and know our pain

>ever heard of machine learning?
Yes, I've actually read Deep Learning (the book, by Goodfellow et al). It's a farce. The dark secret of deep learning is that it's a method for subverting out-of-sample validation through so-called regularization, which controls the extent to which the regression analysis (aka "training") overfits the data.

I'm not saying that machine learning is some revolution in comprehension of complex systems, but it can still provide useful predictions, right? Do you consider that to not be powerful enough to be called a science?

I don't mean to argue semantics here. If you don't consider it to be a successful science of complex systems then I'll accept that.

Gene engineering and automation are the worst things to ever happen. We live in the most depressing period of time.

Shhhhhh! Shut up goy. Dont let them know!

Attached: DDA0CBCF-CADC-47F9-A3A5-4AC1D9A8882F.jpg (208x243, 3K)

who gives a fuck? someone has to get the better gene tech, why does it matter who it is?

k but I'm still a fucking loser with a plethora of problems

>and because capitalism only the people who worked hard trough generations to be at the top will get the benefits
HOW UNFAIR! If my ancestors had known being lazy drunks would costs us in the long run they would have worked hard too.

Actually I think that gene engineering is gonna make like, chads 6'5'' with IQ 160+ and we'll be old losers lmao. But I don't think this shouldn't happen. Fuck it. Do it. Society is fucked. Everything is fucked. This fucking human race can't get any worse, so I don't give a fucking shit. Start genetically engineering and editing and selecting the healthiest embryos and shit and just fucking fuck it lmao.

Attached: 9886d7ab6f60d0054d6e255fc93ce925.jpg (480x640, 60K)

Haha ur poor

>Dog day afternoon
Quality movie