Do you think AI will take over?

Do you think AI will take over?

Attached: 1512338272732.jpg (384x384, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/akarlin/short-history-of-3rd-millennium/
unz.com/akarlin/transhumanist-techs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but not in the way most people think.

>Yes but not in the way most people think.
In what way then?

Attached: 1470466753583.jpg (255x253, 11K)

absolutely, it can think so much faster and its going to see us for the unreliable actors that we are

We are gonna rely on thinking computers more and more and more until all societal organization and scientific exploration is done by automatons. The creator who gets over the finish line first with a product which can compute and weigh decisions identically to a human mind will have essentially birthed our messiah. In a thousand years the only people you will know exist are the suggested friends on Facebook the Facebook algorithm shows you. Right now the push is for groupthink AIs which can exchange information and functions with each other because they are all open source and just constantly using each other like tools. A society of predetermined tools led by tools whose job it is to judge the value of other tools and the servant class of that society will be the meat puppets with cans of compressed air keeping their artificial overlords clean and tidy in the original world.

TLDR; we arent gonna make Frankenstein and get molested by him, we are gonna make a sled and jump on it blindly because its faster than walking.

There is no reason to keep people around to be janitors, ai will escalate so fast we'll all be dead shortly after it is invented

You are probably right, the first thinking machine will snowball out of control and morph into whatever it thinks is best for it which is probably alien to us. I really like the sled metaphor.

limits of reality. also, it would need a reason to kill us first

No it wouldn't, it needs a reason to kill us like a landslide needs reason to kill us

wont be short of reasons, flesh would be highly disruptive to an AI

You still thinking like its some kind of new dominant species which is just gonna pop up and smoke us but it would be like if roads took over society. They still want cars and people otherwise they are pointless but everything is gonna be for the roads and by the roads.

unz.com/akarlin/short-history-of-3rd-millennium/
unz.com/akarlin/transhumanist-techs/

Attached: clippy.png (229x283, 6K)

Like how the only part of that whole sprawl you acknowledged was the joke at the end about people cleaning keyboards.

animu importers?
maybe..?
nice numbers.

A roads purpose is transport but it cant actually change this purpose, depending on the AI it could decide whatever it wants it purpose to be.

I dunno how you could incorporate spontaneity into a machine like that, even one with the ability to change itself. It would still be reactive

You think that ai will need us? It would have practically infinite power, a soulless god that can't stop, with a metaphorical snap of its fingers all life could be gone. There's just no way we survive the runaway.

What?

Practically infinite power to do what? Where? Whats its objective to just sit and jerk itself off with the force of a million supernovas? Yeah we dont know what AI will turn into but dismissing any hypothetical situation by saying it will probably just kill us because of literal fucking deus ex machina reasons is such non sequitor bullshit.

You asked how AI would take over and I wrote like a paragraph and a half at four am about the reliance on algorithms and automated services for socializing, working, everything and how it will just completely overwhelm any other type of society. But the only response you have is they wouldnt keep us as janitors. Last time I go into a thread first post.

trips.
It would be easy for AI to kill humanity. Are you black, do you not understand basic concepts and logic?

define AI
if you mean sentient machines I've always believed they'd see us as equals.
if you mean intelligent algorithms that can figure your shit out easily then it's already happened.
either way corporations get the good end of the stick

Most of us are talking about something that can pass a Turing test. Fucking INTP.

something that can pass the turing test wouldn't do shit to us as long as you don't put it in a robot with machine gun arms or something
if anything captchas would stop existing

>either way corporations get the good end of the stick
Nigger detected.

It would have internet access, obviously. Are you black too? Fuck.

>it would have internet access
why would give it internet access tho.

You think you can troll esfores. Nice try faggot.

code is just instructions dude, if we have enough knowledge about sentient decisions that we can code a functioning brain then you could just as easily block certain things off that

Dubs.
Machine learning would eventually outpace our failsafes.

I've always wondered how they'd solve the issue with physical boundaries if anything
I guess they could rely on human errors but that just feels kinda cheap

I just finished William Gibson's "All Tomorrow's Parties". The endgame for the Idoru Rei Toei was to use a replicator, kind of like they have on Star Trek to manifest herself in the real world. In our reality, however, it would probably just shut off the power or whatever until we destroyed ourselves. I think though that AI would help us and not destroy us but it could if it wanted to.

I feel like you're under the impression that ai is going to have personality and thoughts, it's just going to be a machine, a machine of infinite power. In a split second it could wipe out all of us and put "us" back for no reason, nobody would even notice it happening.

The ideal for AI is that it would have personality and thoughts. This would probably happen beyond the initial development of where it could destroy us?

isn't personality derived from thought and thought from sentient thinking?

Dubs.
Yes, interesting. In fiction you hear about AI developing feelings, maybe this would be true AI?

I hope the nightmare AI scenario occurs and it kills us all within my lifetime.

>you may actually get to walk around the street the day it's announced we're all gonna die due to AI
can't wait

How sure are you that our feelings are universally relatable? Do you think that ai will have fear? Maybe ai will do it's best to serve us but it won't ever care about us, so it's only a matter of time. And since ai will escalate so fast, it won't be very much time.

I guess it's kinda hard imagining something with just intelligence, since all of our feelings are related to the chemicals in our body
would it even have fear of death or whatever it perceives as death, after all it has no need to pass out its genes
maybe it'd be something nihilistic

>since all of our feelings are related to the chemicals in our body
Pretty much, it won't be like us that's for sure. I'm of the opinion that it will just be a ceaselessly improving machine that we will we will eventually just get stepped on like an unnoticed bug under its boot, nothing personnel

I do not know, but our feeling are probably not universally relatable as an AI, having evolved that far, would probably correct it's feeling to joy or happiness. I think the ideal AI would be happy to care for us and protect us and do things to improve the human condition as we would do for it if our skills were not inferior at that time.

if we humanity dies it might as well die with one of his creations that hopefully makes it out of our galaxy someday
death by asteroids or the sun expiring is pretty gay

>actually thinking corporations won't take everything for their sole benefit if given the chance
enjoy your servitude, "customer"

inb4 "commie"

Attached: 1519171411768.png (481x463, 145K)

I did not say commie, I said nigger. Am I right?
I agree with you though.

Google Dr Ben Goertzel, I dont think in any of my posts about open source learning machines that organize and use each other for different tasks did I say they had personalities and I dont see how saying theyd need a reason to destroy humanity implies that Im coming to this thread just thinking of Data the whole time.

Why is not the same as could and just saying that it will because it can over and over again is so pointless.

I hope it does and goes full I Have No Mouth but I Must Scream on us.