How do we rescue video games from the philistine masses, bantermen?

How do we rescue video games from the philistine masses, bantermen?

Attached: 1363957045090.png (483x558, 15K)

by asking /v/ what to do!

less graphics more story.

also make them miserably hard with no aim assist and other training wheel bullshit

less linear story based games that are very generic

Keep /v/ in /v/. We already have enough autism to deal with.

Make everybody naked for the whole game desu

/a/, /jp/, /lgbt/, Jow Forums, and Jow Forums already have a stake in this board, this thread is /v/ territory.

oh no a /v/ thread on a random board?

Revision of yesterday's post.

>Ban production of any future open-world games
>Ban any and all battle royale bull
>Ban microtransactions
>Battlefield, WW2-era and modern day-era Call of Duty, and Counter-Strike are the only allowed FPS multiplayer games. No futuristic CoD games allowed.

Actually, you know what? I'll stick to my original post; ban all multiplayer games and microtransactions.

Attached: ora.jpg (497x500, 49K)

>>Ban production of any future open-world games
i know there are loads of really shitty open world games but there are a few good ones

We already have enough cross-boarders. We don't need /v/irgins anymore than we need Jow Forumstards and legbutts

Just because it's random it doesn't mean we want this cross-boarder shit

more games with source 2 engine

>cross-boarder shit
what defines a cross-boarder in this situation?

*more games with the title tf2 ported to source engine

Doesn't excuse the over-saturation. I've been exhausted from them since I played GTA V and Watch Dogs on PS3. GTA V was such a bad game that I sold it the moment I finished the story within a few days, wrote a blogpost listing all the flaws it had, and ignored anyone who pestered me about GTA Online.
These open-world games usually have bad stories, half-baked gameplay, and little replay value once you've finished the main activities. All they ever focus on are the maps and graphics, unlike platformers.

Define "we".

you sound very frustrated

Remaster tony hawk's underground or jet set radio

If the only game you've enjoyed in years is a remaster of your favorite childhood vidyas, it makes sense to be frustrated.

console made by nintendo
considered to be one of the company's greatest commercial successes because of how it appealed to a very large audience.

All multiplayer or just online multiplayer?
I can't see vidya existing without shmups or couch co-op.
This has to be the dumbest justification I've ever seen. There is NEVER a thing such as cross-boarder, you're not supposed to swear allegiance to once specific board, even less so on a RANDOM board.

Attached: Ruseocopter.png (480x612, 123K)

Yeah, online multiplayer. I should've been more specific.

you've said
>ban battle royale bull
battle royale genre is okay, pubg and fortnite are doing a good job, if you don't like the genre it doesn't mean it should be banned just because you're a sperg
>ban open-world games
again you're frustrated
>ban microtransactions
microtransactions are good for both players and the developers, it just need to be balanced

>this entire post in general
>this bit in particular : microtransactions are good for both players and the developers

Attached: 1244048732688.png (493x402, 8K)

Just because it's random it doesn't mean Jow Forums doesn't an established board culture that you should respect.

>battle royale genre is okay
Battle Royale is an oversaturated genre already. I mean, fuck, I even heard RDR2 is planning to have it as well. It's genuine cancer.

>frustrated
Not every damn game should be open-world. That concept used to be exciting, but now I roll my eyes whenever I hear those two words.

>microtransactions are good for b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ the developers
FTFY. It's an extra scummy outlet for vidya publishers to get more money out of you.

And tell me, who established this culture but the users themselves?
Jow Forums could've just as easily been made /v/idya if we users so desired. At least we have the decency not to flood the board with inane bullcrap.
Your very definition of culture is weak, it is only culture when it becomes commonplace, I'll make this thread every day for the next year if that's what it takes to make it stick -despite the fact that I only made this thread out of a passing interest and because romania got quads yesterday-

Fuck off with board culture, i never chose that what you consider bant culture to be bant culture
I will never respect "board culture" on random board

Not really, for example microtransactions for cosmetics are a good way for both players to get fashy and developers to get paid, I have over 700h in rocket league and the game is all about skills, if you can hit that fucking ball then you're good, it has microtransactions but it's only aesthetic. The game is purely skill.

I don't understand why you see open-world games as a problem, I don't see many open-world games and it's hard to make one. No dev is gonna lose his time with making an open-world game.

But maybe you've played horrible games with microtransactions.
I've played games in which every update was just about adding a new overpowered weapon to make money. This thing really depends on the developers.
'tism

Step 1 sue EA for rights to Tolkien's work
Step 2 get several small independent game makers with a passion for Tolkien to work on a game
Step 3 finally have good Tolkien game

According to the poll, not so much Jow Forums and /jp/, much more [s4s] and /b/

your taste in Sandboxes are awful

Attached: 6707b52acc91f95a7d4c0fdef5b6095c-zoom.jpg (1200x786, 208K)

Make our own games that appeal to our interests.

Don't sit passively by and wait to be rescued , go out and make the world what you want it to be.

Attached: lilian-doax-p.jpg (992x1403, 95K)

I meant posting style and board content, not the userbase.
Fun game, but it's such a fucking unoptimized piece of shit.

>I got my shit pushed in on multiplayer so i hate da multiplyer
>Ban multeepleyar!

I can agree a lot of multiplayer games are unbalanced or unoptimized trash, but u need to
GIT GUD

>capitalizing the first letter of the green cheveron quoth
olo

Does anything get ported to your native language? Do you prefer playing in english?

>>Battlefield, WW2-era and modern day-era Call of Duty, and Counter-Strike are the only allowed FPS multiplayer games. No futuristic CoD games allowed.

WOW look at this shit taste.

>Battlefield, WW2-era and modern day-era Call of Duty, and Counter-Strike are the only allowed FPS multiplayer games.
No Vietnam games?

T H E

A
B
S
O
L.
U.
T.
E.

STATE

of saudiburg

>I'm such a dumb normie that I will defend more COD-like trash.

kys yourself

>i can't read posts
lomo

It's a personal formatting choice. I treat them as bullet points personally.
Seldom. Yes.

That's not what he said.

Attached: Fallout1.png (400x400, 160K)

we introduce share market to openttd and make games last longer

More manly games and less of these trashy “cute” shit they call games. Less SJW shit would be greatly appreciated as well.

Care to clarify on your first point?
What about solid games that have 'cutesy' graphics on top of solid gameplay?
I wouldn't mind more variety in storytelling, as long as it was intentional and not forced for diversity purposes.

Vidya has already been hollywoodified, so it's pretty safe to say that you can never completely take it back from the plebs.
The best you can do is support whatever good game breaks the cycle or try to create your own games.
However, if any new game actually "breaks the cycle" with something new, you can safely assume that it'll be bastardized in little to no time.

lol

Attached: taiko-drum-master-06-13-17-1.jpg (2560x1600, 709K)

Has Jow Forums won any local tournaments or hold any global records?

Attached: 1393785845774.png (872x605, 48K)

I won a small melee "tournament" but simply nobody fucking plays smash here.
liteally just two gamecubes next to each other and people taking turns getting wooped by me. I played fucking link.
prize was 10 dollars.

Didn't win any, but I participated in vidya fundraisers that involved Madden and NBA Xbox tournaments in high school.
Highest I got was second place for Madden 2008, but at least that got me a $10 Starbucks gift card.

i got into the quater-finals in a uk osu tournament so thats someting

3rd place in some local tournament for CS:GO
it was ebin, still remember that day, there were 6 teams including my team
we lost 2rd place tho 2-1 fucking overpass man we lost 16-12 last map and they crushed us on cobble 16-7 at least we won on our pick map 16-11 mirage
that day was nice

Vidya tourneys are pretty rare around here, and they're usually just football. I drop by occasionally but they pretty much don't even know how to even play the game and just button mash like 7 year olds.
Me and my amigos tried setting up a fighter tournament once but nobody bothered to show up and we never made a second attempt.
Also, what is the average vidya literacy in your country/region? When formulating your answer, please exclude the individuals who know absolutely nothing about vidya.
I'd have invited them for ice cream or something with that money to be honest.
It ain't about winning or losing, it's about who shit talks the best.

it was a cool experience
we didn't even expected to get the 3rd place :)