Which is worst? Working retail or fast food?

Which is worst? Working retail or fast food?

Attached: wojak wagecuck.png (480x644, 674K)

Fast food. Retail has a few positions that you might be able to wiggle into if you brown nose hard enough. Fastfoodfags can only become managers. Also the pace at fast food is almost always intensely fast, while at retail, depending on the time of year and your position, does have some sparse moments of respite.

I'd agree with this. I've worked both and I actually washed out of fast food because I wasn't fast enough on the grill. Whereas in retail, it's way more chill.

Would working in a bookstore be considered retail?

The heat of the kitchen and humidity. You forgot that part. I knew a guy that got trench foot in a dish pit.

Then again, in retail you can end up picking up heavy boxes all day in a room with no AC too. Not as humid nor hot, but heavy boxes will break backs. Then there's getting scorched by the sun when buggy pushing.

They are both entry level and shit. Not worth how competitive they are.

Worst job I had was working a food cart at the fair. It's like fast food, but the place is always packed. There was a solid line from open to close. And because there wasn't dedicated people to work the register, we had to wash our hands until they bled. Oh, and it was hot, because we were outside in the summer.

Attached: 1546646994957.jpg (230x219, 6K)

Do you work in a bookstore? It seems like it would be reasonably comfy compared to a clothing store or a grocery store.

>working
if blacks and mexicans get a check for sitting on their asses all day why the hell shouldn't i? i dont give a fuck if im a leech. i'll work the system until i die

Yes I do, and it's pretty comfy. But how broad of a term is 'retail' really? Which jobs fall under the category?

every box is heavy as fuck when working at a book store

Only if you're a weak fuck, user. Lift heavily, work hard, and sleep well.

Fast food easy, retail is comfy. The customers are dickheads but they apply to both.

>tfw worked closing shift on grill in a fast food place and was the only person who could do all of that shit fast enough
Plebs. All of you are plebs.

Attached: 1481857391228.jpg (180x320, 13K)

>Says the person who takes pride in having worked in fast food

Working for a small business is the worst. Your fuck ups are noticed more closely by your asshole boss.
t. Small Business Owner and only employee.

Like all jobs it depends on your boss for the most part. If they're a cunty slave driver who expects 120% at all times and walks around like they're a god amongst men with all the power they wield, it's gonna suck. If they're chill and let you relax and get shit done at your own pace and don't jsut pile more shit onto you when it's slow, you won't hate your job too much no matter how sucky it is otherwise.

t. had like 10+ different jobs since I was 14

Also holy fuck guys don't ever let customers get to you. It's not about having thick skin, it's about not caring. Don't ever care about customers attitudes. Don't let them affect you.

Fast food is far worse.
t. worked both

Everything's a competition and you got your ass kicked user, don't be a bitch.

So I'm going back to my old retail job to get some quick cash. THere's a new manager and she's giving me a dollar more than I was making when I was there. THe only problem is a good friend that still works there is a position above me and makes 9.25. She'd be doing way more than me and I'd feel kinda conflicted about it. I think I might just hold my tongue until I can speak to the district manager and tell him I don't feel comfortable making only 25c less than someone above me. She SHOULD be making 10 but the manager is scared to fight for her. I disliked our old manager a little but he fought for his employees when he needed to. This new one is a pushover. But her ass is nice af.

You're a wise man user.

Only ever let one customer get to me, little chubby gay guy that was over-the-top gay and causing drama, screaming and demanding an apology because he didn't like the way I said "next please". Got in trouble for refusing to apologise, honestly I was ready to dive over the desk and kick his fucking teeth in.

Not your problem, not in your power to change and makes you look like a trouble causer. Just keep your head down and do the work, maybe you can mention in passing what a great job she does.

I usually get in trouble for "not taking the customers seriously enough" when they get angry over inconsequential bullshit. That being said, it's not really getting in trouble, more just being told to care more, I never do. People just don't understand that you don't need to let other people affect you. It blows their minds. Why care what some faggot customer thinks, especially if you didn't do anything wrong anyway?

>tfw I'll most likely get in trouble for laughing at people
God fucking damn I can't help it that people are so dumb. I remember once laughing at this woman because she got upset that her coupons didn't work. I try to wait for people to leave but my laugh is so thunderous they can hear it through the doors. Even after I stopped working there I got complaints for laughing at people. lmao.

Yeah I also thought of that as well. One of the reasons I took so long in going back is because of the drama they're all having now. Not even back officially and I'm already somewhat in it.

From a quality of life perspective (relatively speaking of course), fast food is much much better than retail because there is very little customer interaction. The only thing retail has going for it is slightly better salary prospects.