Want to play D&D

>want to play D&D
>no friends
>no clubs nearby
anyone want to try making a group and playing online?

Attached: wizard apu.png (852x944, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/4116388/6VihKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont know how to play but Im looking for new friends

i've never played online but i have played in person. I'm willing to try it though!

I just joined a D&D group that starts this week. I've never played before and am excited to start and hopefully make friends. Hope you find a group too.

Never played online but I'm game

i've been told that playing online is kind of difficult and a bit of a hassle. I mean unless you live in the middle of nowhere Alaska I have a real hard time thinking that you don't have any clubs nearby.

I mean at the very least you can find some place nearby where dorks hang out and play MTG or something and parlay the friendships you make there into a D&D group

Never played before but sounds fun!

id personally be willing to push through the hassle. Its such a fun game, I think it would be worth it

i know a dm online on discord, i could ask him. online dnd is fun but irl is better

Who's the GM? Also D&D is objectively shit.
What setting do you want?
High/ Low Fantasy?
What kind of campaign dungeon crawlers are easy and nit very interactive, whereas mysteries require a more experienced player willing to role play.
Are the party members playing optimized or fluffy characters? And do you know how to account for both players to make them feel useful.
When is a good day of the week and time for everyone involved?
You can see why this is a bit more difficult to set up than it appears

It's pretty easy.
good to hear.
Perhaps finding a group, because in general playing with strangers is always a gamble. You might get real weird guys, like furries or teen edgelords, or some shit, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take. There are tools that make playing online easy.

we'd also need to get a platform to do this over

That works for me, and it makes sense

I'd love to if it didn't require voice chat, but unfortunately it always does.

I'm fine with text only.
t. OP.

I've used roll 20 before it seems pretty decent. Most importantly it is free.

Yeah but no one else will be. People expect the typical D&D session where one person is screensharing and they're all in discord or google hangouts or whatever, and they're using roll20 (which is great btw), and just talking instead of typing.

Unfortunately it's not the IRC days anymore and even if you somehow get a group of people who for some reason prefer or don't mind text, the ones using voice privately will usually break off and so on...

I just want to go back to fucking 1995.

Is there a time you were planning on starting this user? I'm down for evenings if we can figure out timing

im good with either.
I've never used it, but I looked at the website and it looks like it'll work pretty well.

timezones could also be a slight issue depending on where all you guys are.

I'm Central Time and don't have much of a schedule anymore.

me too for the timezone part, but I do have a fairly busy schedule so we would need to figure that out

>mods muted me and deleted my post when I tried to post a contact
understandable desu, although I find it a bit odd that they let the thread up since that's the whole point of it.
crosslinking to the dedicated thread on /tg/ should be allowed though, no?
>

I'm a retard, forgot to add the board.

I wamt to play too but there's no groups around. I never played DnD.

ill join you user
do you know a website that can you can play on

let's go app.roll20.net/join/4116388/6VihKg

Attached: 158ca5f4186af125f38bf51be3f5a6db.jpg (736x1040, 100K)

i have a super autistic meme d&d discord

dnd is for shit loosers like u grow up and play real games

like chess

Attached: shrimp.jpg (2400x1600, 603K)

Never played but always wanted to. I'd join one if you guys made a group or something.

Attached: fantasy world.jpg (640x400, 36K)

Chess is okay I guess. Seems the best RPGs are on computer except for micro transactions.

Will join but I am going to do the tutorial first

Tabletop simulator is good for it but to get all the necessary DnD books its a shitload of cash, think theirs also some other thing called like fantasy grounds or something? You can play DnD on, but again is a lot of money

Also 3rd and 3.5th editon are the two best versions of the game hands down

Bobby Fischer was pretty swell

yeh to get the player's handbook alone cost $40USD

>paying for DnD books

If you can get them cheap at a comic book or tabletop games shop then they are worth buying, but even the older handbooks cost 20 plus, but getting
A few is worth it compared to downloading them Id personally only download something specific or a module

>bunch of robots that kick from their groups because they were bad try to band together to make something awful

Attached: 1527032863023.jpg (459x750, 89K)

>to get all the necessary DnD books its a shitload of cash
Why not just pirate it?

I do I do, 7 years experience, and I'm not an old fag

DANDA IS FUCKING GARBAGE