GOLDEN RULES TO FIGHT DEPRESSION

ITT we point out the golden rules to fight severe/chronic depression (the real one, not the tumblr-tier shit). I'll start:

>Think less, do more
>Eat healthy
>Exercise
>Sleep well
>Stop any vicious circle of thoughts by shifting focus on something else, no matter how stupid it looks
>Take your time, even if the fate of the world is up to you
>Try something new, even if you think it's not for you
>Take a note every time a new idea comes to your mind, so you can pick it up when you're into the void
>Don't self-medicate with some shit, you're not in control
>Don't look at THE problem, instead split it in little and more manageable sub-problems
>Don't overdo, don't be in a hurry to overcome the issue
>Take the time to appreciate even the little milestones of yours
>Keep going, rinse and repeat, even if you won't completely heal your life will be drastically improved, don't be a pussy and stick to the plan
>Accept the possibility that maybe depression won't ever leave and embrace the thought that you can still live an ok life if you change your approach to the problem

Feel free to add your tips and tricks to the list, also don't fucking kys, godspeed.

Attached: 1536039256039.png (900x1042, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5V0_FK_vz8
youtube.com/watch?v=QnbnQ7wqfO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's the point of living if every waking moment is spent keeping depression at bay

Attached: 1546131628341.png (640x626, 88K)

I was dealing with depression and I have improved a lot. can confirm that the tips given here do work.
also really don't overthink things.
I used to do that and was miserable and paranoid. now when I try to just get to the point even my grades have improved.
or maybe it's just from finally becoming a normal person idk.

>Think less, do more
Spoken like a true slave. Kys, OP.

OP here, the obvious answer is: find yours. You see, the only prerequisite for those rules is.. you, and how YOU CHOOSE to approach to the problem: you can be defeated, or you can fight back. No matter what's your catalyst, no matter what's your goal, you have a fucking choice, always, and nobody/nothing can own this battle EXCEPT YOU. So, make your choice, it's your future.

For the brainlets:
>Brood less so you escape your paranoia, do more things that can give you joy or at least distraction

Good work fren, you beat it!

Also today you keep it at bay, tomorrow the same, but as the time goes on, if you stick to the right behavior, suddenly there won't be anything to keep at that bay. Or if there will be, it will be much less disabling, almost negligible. In the meantime your days will be greater, day by day.
>Don't be in a hurry to overcome the issue

WITH OUR TANKS
AND OUR BOMBS
AND OUR GUNS
AND OUR DRONES

>Avoid being delusional

You forgot having regular sex with bottoms and filling their bussy with cum

ZAAAMBIEEAH

rekindling my belief that Jow Forums can fall back to where it used to be before all the shittery.
>focus on what you need to get done: you have finals in a few months, and need to get studying? dont sign up for a class you can easily pick up right after exams are finished
>to balance the above out, though, don't decide to focus entirely on a given issue with the entirety of your being. take five to look at the sky or some shit, helps me. practice guitar, make a decent sandwich. something small but enjoyable.
>try to flip thinking from "i hate that this is ___", force yourself to habitually think in silver-linings.
>>sleep well
>cut caffeine for several hours before bed, force yourself to turn off screens. i tend to do quick chores to set myself up for the next morning, less hassle when i wake up.
>accept you're gonna have bad days. if you didn't, it wouldn't be an illness or disorder.
>drink more water. no, more. no, you fucking retard, hydrate.
i know this isn't Jow Forums but we're all gonna make it, brobots
t. bipolar retard who's spent five years of diagnosis muddling around.

Attached: 1544650881247.jpg (500x547, 100K)

When you'll have your sex drive back you can fuck whatever the fuck you want for all I care. Severe depression erase sex drive, the more you know..

for the galactic brain big thinks:
Cease rumination upon delusions whispering along your nerves like wraiths in the night, stride forth unto the new day with gaiety and determination.

Attached: 1544650666543.jpg (1280x943, 166K)

OP here, redpill me on stay hydrated and good mood please. Because I'm a vapefag and afaik chainvaping (like I do) dehydrate your body, so fuck me?

>Think less, do more

FPBP desu

grab a litre bottle, any will do. fill it with water, and whenever you look away / sit back, just take a swig or two. chug, if you feel like it. just get into the habit of drinking water, make it so you feel weird if you dont have a bottle / glass of it nearby at nearly all times. as far as mood, my advice will vary because I need to keep mine balanced between potentially going manic and depression. so example, my car's tyre was punctured, so I started whistling like I was the cheeriest asshole in the world and set about fixing it, in the rain. it sucked, but I told myself I would be happier for fixing it on my own. and, at the end, I was. there's always a silver lining. yes, it'll suck compared to the negative, but in the end the negativity is gonna fuck you up if you focus solely on that as opposed to whatever brightside you can cobble together .I'm not saying don't feel the negativity, because i don't want to rocket up and sometimes being pissy can anchor me. basically, try to see things objectively as humanly possible. even if its absurd how far you have to reach for the good in a bad situation.
sorry about the ramble, if you need something cleared up just ask

Attached: 1522838608379.jpg (748x748, 69K)

Not him, but you could find joy at being a submissive bottom and taking other sad robots virginity.

Yeah, I would like to ask you a question, even if looks like surreal to have a polite conversation on Jow Forums, nigger. Can you describe to me what it's like to be in a manic episode? In details, please. Because I had a couple of psychologist that tried to shove down my throat the bipolar thing, but afaik I was always and solely depressed as shit, and when I'm not, I'm only somewhat ok. Yeah I feel more energized and more capable, but I think it's normal because I came from fucking years of fucking depression for fuck sake!

>eat more vegetables and meat and drink lots of water 100oz a day minimum
>multivitamins, vitamin d, L carnitine for energy
If you don't consume dairy get calcium fortified orange juice.

To stop depression, follow the Zen of Zero Fucks Given.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5V0_FK_vz8

Attached: meditatingmonkey.jpg (400x400, 63K)

Start taking St. John's Wort, fish oil, phenibut, or tianeptine.

Attached: stjohnswort.jpg (450x450, 48K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QnbnQ7wqfO4

Attached: howardbloom.jpg (616x440, 36K)

it varies from person to person, but i often just cut out sleep and that makes the hallucinations i get at any mood level more vivid, and i tend to work on projects way above my understanding level. thought i was odin reborn once, because i had two dogs and heard a thunderstorm at the start of a manic episode.

seconding this, OP. multivits are great for winter.

Attached: 1544648205869.jpg (1024x650, 183K)

What about this overwhelming need to sleep all the time?

What's so good about taking those?

How do I know if I'm actually depressed or not? I flip between feeling really good (literally feeling the dopamine flowing round me), feeling nothing, and feeling absolutely terrible, and whenever I'm in one stage the other two seem fake to me. The only two reasons I haven't killed myself are because I don't want to hurt my family and because of my interests which I base my entire life around, most of which involve consuming some kind of entertainment or art (literature, cinema, music, anime etc). Anhedonia is the scariest concept I can imagine, I genuinely go 'If you kill yourself now, you'll die without having read Don Quixote/Ulysses/seen Monogatari/The Mirror/Haibane Renmei/played Silent Hill 2 etc' to stop myself going for it.
I also constantly beat myself up every time I think there's something wrong with me for being a self diagnosing Tumblr faggot and tell myself that everyone hates themselves (but still feels superior) and most people don't really get girls and most people feel lonely but don't look it to an outsider because, say, at school I was quite social but literally didn't talk to anyone outside of school, given the time I can eventually warm to people but in a situation without anybody I knew I couldn't do anything. I'm generally a terrible person, I'm aware of that, I'd be a terrible boyfriend, I'm aware of that, but there's this strange fascination that makes me want to be someone's crazy ex, the same kind of aim for a reclusive self destructive lifestyle that made me stop talking to all of my friends after school.
Sorry for blogpost

What works best for me is spending time with my nephew and nieces. Whenever I'm with them I'm just so focused on being the biggest clown I can be and making them laugh as hard as I can make them laugh that I just sop thinking about anything else.

Depression isn't being sad all the time. It's being numb or sad for more than half of your time. I'd say you're pretty depressed buddy. Go see someone.

Ok, I'm not bipolar. About multivits, I never considered them, given the fact that I tried almost every ssri/snri/tricyclic antidepressant (not only) in commerce without having a substantial relief, so I don't see how some vitamins can do the magic. I'm sure that multivits can help someone, but I don't think I'm that person.
>inb4 big pharma=evil nature=good
I hope that it won't derail in the conspiracy sphere.

Or maybe you are bipolar, I highly recommend you to have a chat with a doc. Please, please, don't seek for help when it's already too late, your healing path will be way more longer. It's the first, worst and most common error.
>Source: me

depression is when
>Don Quixote/Ulysses/seen Monogatari/The Mirror/Haibane Renmei/played Silent Hill 2
no longer appeals at all

Well written user. Have you considered writing a book?

>Think less, do more
How the fuck are you supposed to do this? Thinking is the only way I can ever motivate myself to do anything.

avoid mirrors and cameras

Always remember that there's no way that the future won't gift us with based vidya

So don't fucking overthink, that's the point! The pattern should be like this:
>maybe I could try to do X
and stop right there, at this point you should be already doing it. Have I to tell you even to don't do this if your idea is to robbing a bank or murdering someone? Holy fuck dude.

Here's another thing I'd like to add to that list
>do something you're scared of at least once in a while
Not something dangerous or self destructive that could hurt you, just something you're scared of irrationally

there's two variants of bipolar, one being bipolar I, which is hypomania but that in itself is vastly different to just feeling pleased you're out of a depression mood. and i was just recommending the multivit thing in general, as ive had some improvements on them after a week or so. just as a qol improvement.

Attached: 1544651145173.jpg (880x588, 269K)