Why don't westerners have a rite of passage? Is this why American men fail to ever grow up...

Why don't westerners have a rite of passage? Is this why American men fail to ever grow up? Because they don't know when boyhood ends and manhood starts?

Imagine if, when you turned 14 or 15, the people in your neighborhood or town took you out to kill one of the most fearsome animals around, armed with nothing but a knife. There's no way you'd come home from that not feeling like a man, not feeling entitled to respect and pussy.

Attached: A7D0F0E9-EB71-4B73-8770-B5691CC1132F.jpg (320x240, 22K)

I think the problem is they don't want to admit boyhood exists.

There are some rites of passage in the west, such as graduating from high school and doing the military service.

What do you mean by that, user? Originally though make sure you're original

sex is that, women choose who gets to be a real human and who gets to be a freak manchild

Well op is correct, but the problem is more stestemic. They don't want to admit there are gender roles, so they can't admit there must be a rite of passage.

I wouldn't consider graduation to be a rite of passage because you learn nothing from it and it doesn't affirm your masculinity. There's no real challenge involved and even the weakest of men can do it. It's a rite of passage into the real world but you don't feel like a man after you graduate.
>military
That's an obscure feel.

shill your negro culture somewhere else

Reminds me of the sinking of the Titanic, where terrified, screaming, crying 12 year old boys were ordered out of the lifeboats at gunpoint because they weren't considered to be children.

>implying blacks are the only ones with a rite of passage
This still doesn't change the fact that American men are stuck in perpetual childhood because they're never told when it's time to grow up.

This.

Taking a boy on a hunting trip to set up a kill for him doesn't make him a man or earn him respect. Wow, congrats kid, you did something literally every other male in your tribe does. Whoopee.

>American men
Few NEETs on a chinese frogbreeding forum don't represent the average American male

American men are stuck in perpetual childhood because there's no *incentive* for them to grow up.

Mandatory conscription in some countries is/was something like that.

I don't think it's that important anyway. Most people live by the already charted stages so it's not like they don't have a guide - graduate high-school, go to university, marry, get a mortgage, have a couple of children...

You're missing the point. Western men are missing a tradition that lets them know that they're men. Even THEY have bar mitzvahs.
>Taking a boy on a hunting trip to set up a kill for him doesn't make him a man or earn him respect
It obviously does if that's what your culture considers the rite of passage into manhood.

>Even THEY have bar mitzvahs.

And most of THEM are just as fucking cucked as the rest of us.

>Do an unusual, violent/dangerous task without question
>"I am now man according to the standards of my retarded ancestors :^D"
Foolish tribal-tier thought processes. Take your stupid ideas and talk about them elsewhere OP.

Attached: doc.png (680x471, 457K)

It fucking works though. Even geniuses skydive

>Western men are missing a tradition that lets them know that they're men.
I'd say we don't have some big event, but we do have smaller ones that most men would consider a "rite of passage".
>First proper fight
>First drink
>Losing your virginity
>First paycheck
Most guys i know consider these things important points in becoming a man.
So yeah we don't have some big event like hunting but we still have events that make you a man.
Rites of passage are going to change over time as a society changes and evolves, it's natural.

>>First proper fight
What kind of peasant are you?

>It fucking works though
What the hell are you on about mate? What makes a person "feel like a man" is entirely subjective. It seems like you're forming a correlation between adrenaline rushes induced by fear and "masculine actions".

One who's been forced into fights multiple times, it ain't even about fighting, it's about showing that you're willing to stand up and not be pushed around.

It's not subjective though, you're brain wasn't developed in a vat. You come from a long line of people that performed masculine actions to feel masculine.

>lmao fighting isn't bad and isn't manly XD
I hate how America swears up and down that fighting is bad yet enlists all males into the military at 18 without their consent and praises people who go overseas to fight as if they're gods. Fighting is a natural part of life and a part of masculinity.

Just because it's subjective doesn't mean it doesn't work. If members of your community have been saying a specific act makes you a man for over 5000 years, you'll feel like a man when you do this act. This "masculinity isn't subjective" meme is a completely western creation that not even we believe because we all know a masculine man when we see one.
>"what's considered manly is subjective!"
>"o-oh, hi Chad..."

>>First proper fight
>First drink
>Losing your virginity
>First paycheck

Attached: untitled.png (218x218, 78K)

Have you ever wondered why you're cucked? If there was a clear point in your early teens where you were acknowledged as a man and were treated as a man who is equal to other men, do you think you would be the same guy you are now?

I just don't feel like a man, I feel about 15 despite being in my 20s. I can't do much by myself, I've never had a job and I'm still learning to drive. I've got a degree but it's a shit one cuz my parents pressured me to go to school.

It's not just my shirt stature and weak under developed baby face, but I think my parents treat me. Like a child and then berrate me. For being immature, too. I told my dad I wanted to try to learn a trade and he says as an ex tradesman, he knows I'm not cut out for that cuz I have no dexterity.

I don't feel masculine or mature at all and don't feel capable of doing anything, and the truth is I'm not. I could never book a hotel, figure out how to navigate bus or train systems or do any grown up burocratic shit. The thought of even trying to he independent fills me with dread and anxiety.

We do have one in Finland its called mandatory military service.

It's called losing your virginity

>implying men (and especially older men) would treat you as equal just because of your right of passage

You've never been through one so you wouldn't know.

you choose whatever appeals to you.

examples include:
>graduating
>getting laid
>getting your driver's license
>getting your motorcycle license
>going to military
>becoming fit in the gym
>reaching drinking age
>reaching a certain salary

It's not the same. It's missing very key parts like affirmation from older men. No one is going to consider you a man because you can legally drive. You can drink all you want, you can still be treated like a child.

And rites of passage, no matter where you are, are always for boys around the same age, in the 12-14 range. That's so they have a headstart on manhood. The latter half of childhood is spent learning how to be a man. You don't suddenly have a change in mentality and feel like a man as soon as it's over, it takes time.

the sex part is affirmation

so is military

if you're white and like hunting then there's that too lol

Cuz sticking your dick in a hole is the same as killing a lion
>beta logic

COPE
It's not the act of sex itself it's the fact that you are considered worthy enough of their pussy (aka VALIDATION)
hookers don't count

We whites used to do shit like this too way back before we got cucked by christkikery.

In Europe around that age your older brother/cousin or papa would bring you to the brothel to bang some chix, not on some fucking gay hunt with naked dudes. But now men are fucking manginas that dont care about anything just want to habe their instant dopamine hit

This is all your parents fault. You have no dexterity because they didnt play with you and were overprotective. Thing is human can learn literally anything, it just takes time, sometimes more on certain things or with certain people, your dad is a massive faggot.

>brothel to bang some chix
>NOT (manginas that dont care about anything just want to habe their instant dopamine hit)

Fuck this sounds like me. My parents refuse to treat me like a man but then get mad at me for not knowing how to do adult shit.

You're mistaking cause for effect. A rite of passage is proof that you're capable of standing on your own two feet. It's not really the thing that makes you the man. You make yourself a man, the rite of passage just proves it.

It used to be that a man's rite of passage was losing his virginity, getting a decent job, moving out and living alone, whatever - a whole bunch of things that indicate social and financial maturity. The more those things seem to slip out of reach, the more American men will fail to grow up.

>Why don't westerners have a rite of passage? Is this why American men fail to ever grow up? Because they don't know when boyhood ends and manhood starts?
You answered your own question

t. Non delusional westerner

>You're mistaking cause for effect. A rite of passage is proof that you're capable of standing on your own two feet. It's not really the thing that makes you the man. You make yourself a man, the rite of passage just proves it.
This is also true but your conclusion

>It used to be that a man's rite of passage was losing his virginity, getting a decent job, moving out and living alone
Is wrong

The truth is, what seperates a boy from a man is the ability to endure suffering, hardship and odds stacked against you, still keep going and succeed. This is why even men that have done all those things you mentioned are in many cases still manchildren, they're just manchildren with a paid daycare and a surrogate mommy.

No hardship=no man.

>what separates a boy from a man is the ability to endure suffering, hardship and odds stacked against you, still keep going and succeed
That may be your definition, but in practice the difference between boy and man is defined by society. We live in a society with very little hardship, so unless you grew up on the streets and expect to spend your life in that manner, the definition of "being a man" will not have as much to do with dealing with hardship as it is simply securing economic resources and a potential partner. We don't send young boys out to fight lions because there are no lions roaming around trying to kill people.

I talked to my dad about this. I actually did some training at like a psychological clinic thing for dexterity, my dad said my reaction time used to be so bad I'd try to catch a ball someone threw at me roughly a second after it fell on the ground

As for being over protective, I also said this to him (I wasn't really allowed out by myself till I was like 15 and wasn't lowed to cook by myself or even make myself a sandwich when I was living with my grandparents). He says they needed to be over protective because I was such a retard he is genuinely serious when he says I would have died from being ran over or something else

BTW my parents are divorced, idk if that's relevant. It might be why both me and my sister (who is not a fuck up) have a huge complex about talking about romantic or sexual feelings.

What? You fucking gay?

If all of society says the sky is green, does it become green?

Entire societies can live in denial. Where do you think societal collapse comes from?

Society may think a certain way, but that doesnt make it true. The truth, is while one can get really close to being a man without going through hardships, he wont really be a man. When hardship comes, he'll run away or simply crumble.

No hardship=no man. Have you ever seen American Psycho, or Wolf of Wall Street? Mature boys exist, they're still not men.

Yours is a classic dysfunctional family. And it matters that they were divorced, you said a good point about it. He needs to understand that you were acting like a retard because he treated you like one and didnt let you make mistakes. Do people really expect little kids to be fucking chads from birth? Cant they comprehend that these are just children? Dont get discouraged and remember that you can learn anything if you put enough time into it and let yourself fail.

We do, it's from your circumcision to your graduation, and once you're done you're ready to be the next generation of good goyim

They don't expect kids to be chads from birth, a lot of parents expect it to just happen one day.

Yeah just ignore everything he said. The point is older men especially your father caring about you and letting you earn their respect so you can feel appreciated and needed. Males dont do this now, they just bail when there is a need for a little of responsibility or commitment.

We do have a rite of passage. Its called having sex.

Men pursue women. You can only not get laid if you choose not to as a man.

The thought of this makes me feel sad

Attached: 1522087002648.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>They expect it to just happen one day
So simple but fits perfectly. They treat children like plants. Theyre only supposed to set the mood and make a good instagram pic.

very good post. This is exactly what happens. You start getting sexual urges when you're 12-13, and if the females deem your face or physique worthy, one of them will agree to have sex with you. your boyhood ends and manhood begins. this is the modern rite of passage.

The implication is ironically true. Let's not argue about semantics as they of course would still see you as someone younger and inexperienced but by passing whatever rite they set up beforehand you will be accepted and part of the group.

Aye. I don't normally feel despair for terrible things that happened over a hundred years ago, but that little fact still gets me.

>Get outta the boat kid before I blow your brains out! or should I say MAN!
>twelve year old boy starts crying
>I SAID GET OUT!
>boy starts pleading he doesn't wanna die
>gets pulled out of the life boat
>dies on the tittanic
And they say don't put pussy on a pedestal

Attached: image.jpg (136x131, 3K)

talking about the titanic reminds me of my physics teacher from high school, he always talked about everything except class related, but he was a die hard titanic expert to the point his final exam was questions about the titanic, he also said the titanic was a plot to kill a bunch of political figures by the jews i fucking kid you not, he also used to say the energy shields from that movie atlantis were actually real, best fucking classes in my life he always had crazy shit to talk about, to bad he got kicked out the year next

Attached: 1502063123398.png (1037x579, 932K)

Go into the military OP. Army/National Guard 11b or 18x (62rep for NG). Or marine infantry. All other options are pussy. Youll learn dexterity, endure hardship, comradery, respect and brotherhood and if youre lucky some cool firefights and combat deployments that allows you to mature quickly.

I deeply regret not being allowed in the military thanks to mental hospitalizations but after Im out of the hospital (internet allowed here) Im going to try to join YPG/Peshmerga in the hope of making a kill.

Dont join the Pesh they dont do shit. YPG is good but since ISIS gone unless Assad does something crazy you wont see them fighting much either. You could join the PKK though, but their combat is very different from what you expect. Its asymmetrical mountain warfare, you do a lot of climbing and moving, most of their combat is ambushes and surprise attacks as the enemy they fight against is much, much more powerful than them. Pretty much the only military force i would join though