NEET self-improvement

Who here NEETs but working on self improvement? Be it trying to climb out of it all slowly or just enjoying your NEETdom and doing something every day to make yourself happy, creative or healthy.

What are your current goals? what are you working on/doing these days? How long have you been a NEET for?

Attached: netojuunosusume001.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDbxT28SGv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ive been trying for years. Been going pretty well actually. Still too insecure to interact properly, but working out actually helps out a lot. I dont do anything too intense, but it still feels good to be in horrible pain and know its not all for nothing. At least not soon nothing. Almost can talk to females normally. See a therapist on my own. Im probably going to crash and burn, but right now its been fine

>Current goals
Get ged. I took the official ged math practice test and got a 196/200 but then I havent studied since then so I gotta get on that. I kinda figured I would have taken the test by now but my family dont really help out much.

Im also working on a bunch of compositions and the goal is just to keep working everyday until I finish them. In a way its gonna be like a concept album where the music is for a game that will never exists. Its dorky but it is really good practice for developing and finishing projects.

>what am I doing
Running. I love it so much. I started like a year ago as a way to get over developing agoraphobia and to see if sunlight made my depression better. I hat that you cant do it every day until you are at a high level. I ran in a 5k that was in my town and got second place in my division. Its the only time I ever won any competition. That was a good experience.

>how long
Almost 4 years. It gets easier but thats probably not good. I used to do a bunch of drugs and go out drinking till I blacked out but my body doesnt tolerate that stuff anymore. I dont really go out to hang with the people I used to though. They were all dug users and thats all we had in common. When I stopped smoking I lost a lot of friends.

Im hoping that when I have my ged I will feel enough like a decent person to be myself again. Right now I just basically lie everywhere I go. It would be amazing to just be able to talk to someone about my life and to say what I am without making them uncomfortable or myself for that matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDbxT28SGv4

required viewing

Ive done alot of self improvement.
>picked up violin, steadily playing for over a year
>re-entered college
>somewhaf work out.
There is no imediate reward. But if i dont commit die first, ill be an impressjve 40 year old

Can someone please tell me how to escape from honestly debilitating apathy. I just cant find the motivation to do anything nowadays.

I don't really have any goals, but I have started to try cooking for myself again. I usually just make eggs for breakfast along with some toast, so it's nothing too special.

Stable sleep schedule, cold shower, social interactions with friendly people.

Ive never had trouble interacting. but i have insomnia so getting a stable sleep schedule is impossible, hell its 6 am right now. I can try to take cold showers, but how would that help?

A few things. I have some health issues, but mostly from not moving too much. Heart problems and such. So I try to exercise every day and been doing it for over a month now.

Trying to do some coding and found a few courses that i'd like to take, but they start during the summer and early Autumn.
Cooking more and trying to eat more to gain weight. Fixed my sleep schedule and now I'm able to go to bed at about 11pm and wake up at 6-7am Going actively to therapy to treat my anxiety, fears and other things.
Quick short showers each day to refresh myself.

I mostly just want to start feeling stable and healthy this year, it's my main goal.
Also trying to make friends ,especially in real life, but it's hard because most people I meet live normal lifestyles and me not having a degree or job right now is a gigantic nono for almost everyone. Plus usually we have next to nothing in common or much to talk about after a few days. Would go for NEET friends from here, but all the ones I tried talking to would always be angry at everything and especially if you try to change yourself or improve.

Basically small steps for everything.

Attached: b8bf645607194765b6f3f70844395771.jpg (472x472, 22K)

Trying to get my first job but can't seem to even land a shitty minimum wage unskilled job. Trying to convince myself it's because they're open to any applicant so there's a lot of competition amongst useless people like myself but maybe that's just a cope.

i wanna start reading but i'm always so tired and have such bad brainfog that i can't focus on it
anyone have any advice?

Don't try to read a lot. Dedicate 20-30minutes and read for that time. How much you'll go through will be fine. Also for brainfog look into Lecithin supplements, I always get brainfog, take those then it disappears for a while. Maybe it can help. Besides that it's just a case of training your brain to work on something. You can also try doing puzzles, basic math. Exercise is also good because it provides more oxygen to the brain. Either one of those can help or none of them.

Yo if your still there I know your pain but this is very important to figure out. I just woke up at midnight 5 hours ago so I get the struggle. Here are things that help me.
>Learn what foods keep you up and avoid them.
>no soda/ caffeine ever
>quit doing anything exciting an hour before bed. Get a big boring book
>wake up at the same time 16 hours before you need to sleep. If you are awake long enough you will get tired.
>have a bedtime habit. I suck at this because mine is jacking off before sleep but I used to meditate and shower before bed.
>exercise during the day
>screens at night should be limited because they trick your brain.
>do relaxation techniques when trying to sleep like focusing on breath or focused muscle relaxation
>your body cools itself down to sleep. If it cant do this sleeping is hard. So make your sleeping room a little cold. Some suggest doing exercise a few hours before bed or taking a warm shower because you body cooling off from this eases it into cooling off for bed apparently.
>dont use your bedroom for anything but relaxing sleepy stuff.
>your brain will adapt to time when socialization and food are available. Dont use any social media stuff or Jow Forums for an hour before bed and dont eat for a few hours before. Some studies suggest not eating for a day and then eating at breakfast or something so your brain knows when it should be awake for these.

i was a neet for about 7 years and thought i was completely unlovable. eventually got so tired of being deppressed all the time that i started reading books and getting really into psychology and philosophy.

my newfound knowledge on human psychology made it easier for me to talk to people and see where i was going wrong before. i started lifting weights and shaved my head and found out i actually have a really nice head shape. i dont really identify as a neet anymore.

>my newfound knowledge on human psychology made it easier for me to talk to people and see where i was going wrong before.
Interesting, any books you can recommend?

mostly books in norwegian because i am a eurofag

Not him but good tips, I'm trying do no internet at night but it's hard

what the fuck do you even do at 7am for an hour before bed without using the internet?

Here is what to try mang. Start off just trying not to use internet at night. When you fail write down your reasoning why you did it anyway. Tell yourself you have to do this before you get on the computer. After you have a few excuses reasonably and compassionately argue them. Do that until you have no excuses left. And then tell yourself that you know for certain what is best and that you are determined to follow through. Depending on your personality you can either just say never ever again or you will have to slowly reduce with an organized plan. Good luck

For me what helps is to think that there is always tomorrow. We think we are getting extra time but really we are just borrowing from tomorrow when it would be better anyway.

Shower, laundry, meditation, reading, brushing teeth, drawing, cleaning, dishes, preparing for tomorrow, listening to music, playing music, etc.

Dunno lol, reading might be a good idea

I've been on a Zero carb diet for... Almost 4 weeks now. Its day 25. So no refined carbs. It sucks, but I think my sugar addiction is getting better and slowly disappearing.

Its frustrating because I'll get little glimpses of what it feels like to be free of my sugar addiction, and its an amazing feeling... But then it gets ripped away from me. I guess my body is still recalibrating.

Thankyou I will give this a go

Attached: 22514233275_7fb93e9872_b.jpg (875x459, 44K)

i'm just waiting for the day when i will finally have the balls to kill myself, or heart attack from too much monster hopefully

Attached: 1546337117413.jpg (1200x1200, 167K)