Robot Fashion AMA

It's incredibly easy to spot a robot in public.

>stop wearing light blue jeans
>stop wearing white socks
>stop wearing running shoes with jeans/chinos/etc

And for the love of god, either maintain a nice full beard or keep it completely clean shaven. Most people can't pull off a 5 day stubble.

Beyond these universal things to avoid, your style depends on your body type, complexion, campus/work culture, and image you want to express. AMA for individual recommendations if you want. I'm not saying this will solve all or any of your problems, but it could help. Take it or leave it.

Attached: NpD4HcI.jpg (863x1077, 175K)

I like the idea of helping a boy fix his wardrobe. I don't know why, but they're more fun to dress up
I'll also give out some advice if anyone's interested

I've outgrown my robot days but still lurk here sometimes. You just inspired me to go clothes shopping soon. Thanks user.

Why can't I wear light blue jeans? They're comfy

In-person women can be great for helping a specific guy. But online or in-generalities women are fucking garbage for giving average guys advice. When they think of a particular style, they're picturing a ridiculously good looking guy pulling it off. So kindly fuck off

Maybe true for this thread, but if you have some genuinely good, platonic female friends online that know what you look like, you could always ask their advice!

you faggots actually wear this? you look like single dads. at least get some dark brown pants and some at least somewhat stylish shoes. everyone knows you dont run. also striped shirts are good

Light blue jeans are alright, but a really faded blue only works on darker skin. If you're on the lighter side, a darker blue looks better on you most likely. But a regular lightish blue? Nothing wrong with that, just a little harder to match stuff with. A good red or green flannel works well
Just trying to help, giving some basic universal fashion advice. Also I was planning on asking a few questions if someone wanted to get really specific. But men's basic fashion can be pretty straightforward
Anyways, advice is here if you want it

I wear light jeans and I don't give a fuck, /fa/ggots. Please go back to your containment board.

I am a cross boarded from /fa/. I just wear 511s mostly and sometimes 527s depending on the ankle boots I am wearing. Got a couple of Ann D boots. Wear a lot of flannel and corduroy shirts. So comfy. Skinny boy so gotta style shit around that. 527s are the most relaxed pair I have but they look alright on me.

Go help someone on Omegle

actually i wear black uniqlo tee in xl (i'm a skelly), black adidas tiro 13, black stefan janoski's and casio a159w (golden) pretty much every day

Attached: HLTCDMn1qxo.jpg (540x960, 26K)

For one it seems common among boomer dads and social outcasts. Bad associations.
Go for dark wash jeans instead. Looks better on pale skin and it's more versatile in terms of matching. Also if you're average or thin go for a slim fit tapered more at the calf (but not skin tight). And it should break right at the ankle. You want minimal to no "stacking" on your shoes, that's why jeans that are too long look so sloppy

Why should I care about fashion? Why shouldn't I wear the same thing every day? Deciding what to wear is 100% a waste of time.

>giving literal shit about fashion
NPC spotted

>Most people can't pull off a 5 day stubble
Meh, idk about that.
I agree that I always think it looks like absolute shit on other guys, and my facial hair looks like shit, but I ALWAYS get more attention from women when I'm sporting my shitty facial hair.
I think facial hair is to women like boobs are to guys or something. No matter how shitty they will still throw a semi-interested glance.

>implying I give a shit about clothes
>implying I'm not only outside when drunk
>implying I've shaved in the last 6 months

just lel 2bh

Attached: 1546979470690.jpg (911x789, 317K)

Consider the lilies of the motherfucking field.

Maybe, I guess it depends on the guy too. Like if you have an otherwise masculine appearance and aren't dressed like a slob then shitty 5 day facial hair could be a bonus

Also, everyone should invest in a quality versatile watch. It really brings an outfit together and gives it purpose. Seiko is a safe bet especially in the 700+ USD range. If that's out of your budget that's fine but go with a simple timex with a leather band, rather than a fad watch company claiming to sell luxury stainless steel watches for under like 500. You'll look like a moron

>Wear combat boots with camo pants and white t-shirts all day long
>My clothing style varies between camo pants to normal black tactical pants with t-shirt of another color

Am I autistic? I feel like it

Attached: IMG-7209.jpg (805x818, 180K)

your color matching is shit, but slim cargos, tee and combat boots is dope enough family

Attached: IMG_20181211_104545.jpg (1243x1087, 234K)

Honestly if you switch out the cargo pants for some nice jeans it would probably look way better, user!

But I like the extra pockets the cargo/tactical have, btw I call them tactical pants because these are the names they have here where I live.
Some times I try to imitate the color scheme used by my country's military, I have my dad's old tactical pants from the 80s. But I will see if I can make any good combination with the pants I have

I feel like I've had the same outfit (when I'm not wearing my work clothes) for every single day for a while now. Same shoes, same jeans for the most part, same white shirt with a comfy brown jacket. I've never seen anything wrong with it, but maybe that's my issue.

Attached: 4D75D5FF-00D5-4743-9C41-8D28474C2121.jpg (2048x2048, 360K)

Honestly it's different but I kinda like it. Just make sure to match color wise. Also you have a functional/historical reason for dressing that way which is a huge bonus. Own that look user

Buying one other nice jacket, a couple long sleeve shirts, and a couple more pairs of jeans would do wonders for you user. If you have the money, treat yourself! And if not, thrift stores can have some great finds too.

Kind of, I have joined the Air Force when I was 17, thanks by my dad influence, but ended up breaking my elbow and arm during a drill so I had to leave, it was pretty early, I want to try my luck again with the military if not with the police, I don't know I just like the style and the boots looks legit and well made

>cargo jeans
Post your location so I can steal your lunch money.

I'll post a picture of my usual clothes once I get dressed in a few minutes. Having some actual advice from femanons would be nice, I guess.

This is good advice But I would ditch those shoes. Go for some quality boots instead for a rugged look. Depends on your budget, Thursday boots are a good value

no hoodie?

I'm thinking about enrolling in late April, user. What is bmt like for a sperg?

You can pull off a hoodie, hoodies with joggers look nice, or hoodie under another jacket works for the winter

Hoodies also make you a nice figure if you are at least somewhat Jow Forums.

I'm not
but I'll my outfit from yesterday too. I was flying and once I was in chicago i put on a black bomber jacket

Attached: the_fit.jpg (1518x2024, 1.16M)

Those are just tapered cargos you autist.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Adding a little variety into the wardrobe probably would help me out.

Dope outfit except for that fucking hat, Christ I hope you didn't really wear that

Well it was pretty stressful in the begging, o suffered a lot with the constant yelling and being forced to socialize with people I didn't knew, but with time you end up getting used to it in some degree.
I've also learned that you can go through your entire service without necessary social, being quiet and reserve is the best you can do, most people will not bother you or pick on you because they don't have excuse to do, unless you cause any sort of trouble during the basic training

you bet your ass i did

whew what a goblina

All my clothes are from my male relatives and none of them are robots, I'm not a robot anymore too, guess it worked.

Any fashion tips for a fat fuck who wears flannel and jeans every fucking day? Just don't want to look sloppy every day.

Attached: 1537899328137.png (479x482, 163K)

How do I strike a middle ground of looking normal and boring? I don't want to be noticed as an autist but I don't want to be noticed for trying either

>Anyways, advice is here if you want it
Ok, give me advice.
I have big feet so i only wear the few shoes big enough and not insanely expensive (aka >$200) i can find.
I only have my military boots for hiking, a pair of formal shoes for classical events (like going to opera for example) and a pair of sneakers for everything else.
Same problem for pants, i can find easily pants adapted to my waist length, but i can't find shit for my leg length so i always have my naked ankles exposed.

For the upper body, it's easy, i have a great style (people told me) but except buying in special shops pants that break after one year (always at the groin, while climbing stuff or having boners), i can't afford to fashion myself properly.

I'm thinking of going in a third world country, find a tailor and some fine fabric and makes him tailor several sets of clothes.

Sounds cool, do you user.

So what shoes am I supposed to wear for casual things like uni? Only shoes I have know are work boots and sneakers. I normally wear jeans and flannel or hoodie. thx for help in advance

Attached: Ongo-970x545.jpg (970x545, 62K)

can a fembot be my gf and use me as a mannequin?

I mean if you don't want to be noticed at all just observe what most guys around you at uni or wherever wears and copy it. It's not that hard, most unis are casual. If you're asking how to dress well I recommend dressing "one level above" how most guys dress at uni. This way you don't look like an npc who blends in but you're also not overdoing it.
If most guys around you wear a school hoodie, sweatpants, and running shoes everyday then maybe wear a long sleeve henley, jeans, casual sneakers, and a leather band watch. Flannels are always a safe bet too. If guys wear stuff like that around you regularly though, then go a level above with an untucked patterned collared shirt, chinos, and nicer shoes. You get the idea.
Flannels and jeans aren't necessarily bad. If you feel sloppy more likely than not it doesn't fit you very well. Don't buy baggy clothes in hopes of looking more thin, doesn't work. If not that, why is it you feel sloppy?
I'm really not sure. Tailoring may be your only option if most stores really don't carry your size

Simple minimalist sneakers. Stuff like Vans, Chuck Taylors, Adidas Stan Smiths, Nike SBs.

>Tailoring may be your only option if most stores really don't carry your size
tfw too tall for my manlet country.
I'm only 6'6.
Last time i could do some easy shopping was in Norway, there was stuff at my size there.

1. Lose weight, change your nutrition and hit the gym, you'll look good in anything
2. For the time being, get stuff that fits and you won't feel sloppy. Plenty of tutorials on how to check if something fits you.
For something concrete I find long sleeve sweaters to look good on thiccboyes (again make sure the fit is right, most important thing). Try implementing more black, gives off the illusion that you're a bit slimmer. For something on top, or layering, those puffer type jackets with fur hood can look boss as fuck on a guy. Coats are also dope.
Not OP btw

I'm 5'8" 117lbs with blue eyes and sharp features. Is it a bad idea to dye my hair silver? I want to cosplay danny phantom for a convention I'm going to in March

All i wear is grey jeans, generic punk/metal band tees, and a peacoat, with a fiddler hat, and doc martens, everybody i know thinks ill be a school shooter, please help

What this user said Vans and chuck taylors are especially a safe bet, very common in uni and for good reason

The NPC thing is not caring about fashion as a man you fucking retard

Rid the band tees and get simpler shirts, no graphic design if possible. Nothing wrong with the jeans if they fit. Peacoat is fine, Doc Martens is too generic, which ones? Pic example? Rid the hat though.

Thank you both, Ive been losing weight just by dropping cola, but its certainly time to hi the gym, and drop more junk food. I think my pants are the item that hurts my look the most. I wear my pant high so there is just so much fabric before the crotch. Tucked shirts or untucked? Also belts or suspenders, currently only using belts.

tucked vs untucked depends what you're doing. tucked looks more professional, untucked is more causal (of course). suspenders only look good with some very specific outfits, so belts are the safer bet.

Yeah pants are tricky for fat people. I'd only tuck dress shirts or if you're in a more formal setting. Suspenders are also considered fancy so just use a belt and you'll be fine.

How old are you? It probably won't look good as a regular look. Cosplaying is cool and all if that's your thing but with blue eyes, sharp features, and presumably long hair, it'll definitely stand out like a sore thumb.
Get rid of the hat and a peacoat doesn't really go with that. Hate to say it but it might be something else about you, do you have dead eyes or a school shooter haircut?
Untucked will look better for overweight people. And belts.
And quitting junk food is hard for like 3 weeks but I promise you'll start losing cravings if you cut back or go cold turkey for that long. Also look into intermittent fasting. Good luck.

Thank you for the tips, I'll keep lurking for tips on shoes and such.

>Implying I'm at a campus
>Implying I work
Bitch please if I worked anything else than odd jobs I'd bother to shave if actually required. Growing hair and beard is free and 0 mantainence

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-28-00-25-14.png (720x1280, 1.09M)

Your clothes you wear everyday could be nice brainlet

I have dead eyes i guess, but i dont really have a school shooter haircut

I don't wear blue jeans per say but I guess these cargo pants count as the thing you're warning about
I like wearing the shit I wear though
What else could I wear that's practical?

And I can't grow a beard because when I do rip out hairs
But I'm too lazy to shave every day

I'm 18 with a boyish face. Hair will probably be medium length by the time march comes around and I might have to get it trimmed down a bit from any damage that occurs with dying. I don't necessarily want to blend in, I just think it'd look unique in a good way but I want another opinion

I wear loafers, have a well kept beard, and dark blue jeans with polo shirts. This is how a kissless virgin dresses.

light jeans, white sports socks, and a medium stubble is the style of all fuckbois and almost-chads here in europe, I see precisely this every time I go out in the city.

also, isn't it common knowledge that heavy stubble is what women prefer?

and? it's also incredibly easy to spot a normie in public. if clothes are what it takes in order to be accepted by a person, then i don't want anything to do with them. that's incredibly shallow. especially if they're a male. what a fucking faggot you must be to give a damn about what another guy wears. i get caring about that kind of thing when you're a child, but that's pretty fucking gay when you reach some sort of age of accountability. it seems when you get to that age, you become aware of other things. it appears that's not the case for everybody. what's considered "universal" to some people isn't by others.
and besides. i've been wearing the same clothes for years now. not everybody has the money to go shopping with the girls on weekends, stacy.
imagine actually having to keep up with these kinds of things. you know i've been there.
some nigger at school makes fun of me for the shoes im wearing, or my boot cut jeans. the example of the "instinctive" verbal expression by the niggers show me what you think of me on instinct behind the superficial mask that you wear. i think that's a good cope for opting out of a social life. there's so much that you have to care about, it's not even worth it. it's like a shitty game to me. or an alternate reality. i can't understand it and i never will.

good taste I wear the same general setup but with black or green instead of camo

Thats exactly how I dress and I am massive robot

don't wear running sneakers unless you are running. if you want to wear sneakers wear a pair of Stan Smith Adidas or German Army Trainers.

Who the fuck doesn't wear white socks?
And specify what you mean by running shoes.

i've been wearing black socks since I was like 10

I don't wear white socks lmao I wear black or navy socks.

White socks are cool though.

what to do when nobody really takes you serious, even after meeting after a fee minutes?

saw an old friend from HS and they invited me to a joint (he had a friend with him) and they pretty much made fun of me the whole time.
We went to a electronics-market and we were looking at phones, when suddenly his friend started taking pictures of me and started calling me a bastard (i only could answer with "shut the fuck up cunt") the thing is, he didn't know enough about me to tell that I was weaker both physically and mentally, what am I doing wrong???
(Same with everybody else I know... I'm always a third-wheeler, get ignored and made fun off.... please help man...)

>take a photo
>wonder why it doesn't look good
>fiddle with some /p/fag settings
>still doesn't look good
>finally realize that it's YOU that probably doesn't look good and the camera is fine
That was probably a more humbling form of criticism than I could probably get from even /fa/.
Either way, pic related is my usual outfit. I have several of those beige shirts with the wide, flat collar, so I have them on a rotation. Same thing with the sweaters I wear over them, and the undershirts under them. The pants are cargo pants, but with only one extra pocket so they're not bulgy or anything. The shoes are boots that I eventually want to improve upon.

...And I'm so used to having my EXIF not removed on the one board that doesn't do it that I forgot all the other boards do.
Hopefully this one is upright.

Attached: DSC_0553.jpg (1634x2447, 422K)

Really suggest tucking those collars into the sweater. Don't know who started that but it's always looked kinda "lesbian" to me.

It's actually ironed and pressed to stay like that. You know how a suitcoat is, right? It's kind of like that except it doesn't go down as far. I'm not exactly sure what it's called.

no robot wears autistic dad jeans, two size too large shirts and reebok running shoes like you are thinking. those are the legitimate autists, robots are too self-aware to do this. fuck off to reddit

I see what you mean. But it's just very..."Donnie Brasco" to me. I don't think those were ever a good look. If you have wide shoulders and just have a rugged look it miiiiiight work? But for your body type I don't think it fits.

I normally wear blue jeans and a polo. In the summer I wear a neutral colored tshirt and khaki/cargo shorts. I have black shoes and white socks. Is this good fashion for a robot?

Notchjed collar, that's what it's called. And your assessment's pretty fair. I think they're a good look and one I want to aspire to, but you're right in that I don't have the physique for it right now, I don't think.

Retardnffnn